Over the 16-week line

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Frog
    on

Probably white coat syndrome Caramba! – hopefully that’s what taking your own readings will sort out.

I had high blood pressure a few years ago – turned out it was a side effect of medication for other problems.
    I had to wear one of those automated monitors that measures every half hour for a day. That service had just been outsourced, and I think the infernal phone system to try and make the appointment to have the thing fitted probably caused it to raise several points higher!

good luck for the next appointment.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Thanks Bill
    My better-half also told me I would be in a stronger-looking position with a BMI in the ‘normal’ healthy range and plenty of accurate records to support my claims.
    Another 4 weeks to an even slimmer me. 10lbs in 4 weeks is doable I think!!!!!

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Frog
    I’ve already had the 24 hour BP monitor thingy in Mid February and was told everything was ok with the results!!!!!
    Perhaps he didn’t properly look at my notes and didn’t like to defer to a young junior doctor; or was being super cautious which I suppose is understandable with BP issues. Don’t suppose they like the idea of erratic BP.
    Wish I had my old doctor who has taken early retirement.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Bill
    I’m on week 16, finish it Sunday. I started a week after you. You started 1st Feb & posted 2nd. Look at your first Topic post!! You should already be in residence ???
    Sweep up for me please 😀

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi ay caramba
    Had to post & run this am. Well done on all fronts. I think you had ‘white coat syndrome ‘ with the BP? Chin up you’ve worked hard for those results. 10 readings a day? That’s one every hour you’re awake just about!! A bit OTT? Never mind, just do it & don’t fret. Keep hydrated too. You will get there & certainly deserve to 👍 💐

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi California girl,

Just catching up reading the posts when I caught sight of your note about house swaps. What a fabulous idea. Sadly though, not possible for us to do house swap as suggested (although that would be great).

Long story short… my 19 year old son who has ASD.. has had some mental health issues and is unable to leave our house/ local area. So any travelling or swapping is not on the horizon for us at the moment😵. Frustrating for me as I love to travel and go on adventures! Sigh…maybe one day?

Perhaps you could put a call out on the forums as I am sure there must be loads of people who would love to swap with you guys.

Hope all good for you

Imogen🌻

• posted by webbj54
    on

Wow..you have worked so hard and got brilliant results.fab.x

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Thanks Eureka for the really encouraging words.
    Your posts have certainly lifted me. Had a truly difficult last 24 hours and the BP tablets now seem essential.
    Good luck everyone and keep shrinking.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Morning everyone.

Doing a happy dance this morning because when I weighed today, my new weight means I am now officially overweight😃

At the start of this journey my BMI was 40.9. Today it is 29.9😃

Another 28 pounds or thereabouts and I’ll be in the recommended range for my height and weight!😃

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Brilliant news Lynne
    I suppose they will have to postpone the bariatric surgery now 😉 as if.
    It’s unbelievable how, when people finally find a way to acheive what you have, some bright spark in the ranks of the “professionals” comes out with that drivel.

• posted by Frog
    on

That’s fantastic Lynne Congratulations
    – and the longer you do the happy dance – more exercise!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Oh lynne that is fantastic news – drum roll -and before the Italian holiday! !!!!!!

• posted by Imogen
    on

captainlynne,

I’m doing the happy dance in celebration of your brilliant achievement…inspiring!🙌x

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Huge congrats to you Lynne!!! Wow what an inspiration you are to everyone! You are a shining example of what can be done when we find the right program and you should go on tour with them while they are circling the globe talking about the book and program!
    Celebrate!! (But not with food 😳)
    You are amazing!! 😍😍😍

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Good luck Caramba.. Even if you have to take BP pills you may be able to go off them at a later date. 🌷

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Thanks HappyLife……feeling in a better place this afternoon.
    Dealt with difficult stuff with two different close family members yesterday. First… Police call for help and rescue… Dementia related (not me!!!)
    Then an emergency ambulance and a precautionary, overnight hospital admission.
    All ok for now……. so able to keep calm and carry on.

Brilliant captainLynne. I was completely thrilled to be classed as overweight, and I still am.
    Nothing fits properly any more which is getting to be a bit annoying sometimes.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks everyone😃

I’ve been thinking today … dangerous I know LOL

My weight rarely are me feel bad about myself – until near the end of last year. Part work involves me speaking in front of groups of people and at meetings. I can cope with that, it goes with the territory! But sometimes photos are taken. You know the ones. You’re given a copy, look at it in horror, and want to destroy it! But sometimes a kind person puts one on the notice board, and some get published😱 Add to that trauma, my work uniform was getting steadily tighter. A few time in the past I’ve had a button pop off my jacket at awkward moments! All of that was starting to affect me.

Then I found the BSD.

I’m now in my 23rd week on the BSD. As I posted earlier, today officially became overweight. So what was I thinking?

Instead of worrying that my clothes are too tight and that buttons will gape or pop off, I now have clothes that are steadily getting too big. A nice, but expensive problem to have. I’ll need to go to London in the not too distant future to get a smaller uniform but delaying so it won’t need altering too soon. My health is better, as are my energy levels and thinking processes.

But possibly more important in some ways – I’ve realised today that I actually feel better about myself. A surprise, as I’d not realised I’d started to feel bad! Although I moved to this area nearly a year ago, I’m still having to have meetings with new people and it just doesn’t bother me. They may look at me and see a short, old, grey haired lady. Well, I am only 5ft 2ins, I am 65 (soon to be 66) and my hair is white! But they can’t add ‘fat’ to the list of adjectives😃

Today I realised that I now feel ‘normal’ – something I’ve not really felt for a long time😱 While not exactly lacking in confidence, I now am not now worrying about what people think if me, usually based on what they see. Or the things they can say about me. And that is a major, unexpected benefit of losing so much weight. And it will help me when I have to make some important decisions and have some unpleasant discussions in a month or so😃

Sorry for the essay, but I hope it will help anyone who is not feeling particularly good about themselves at the moment.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    Wow, I mean WOW!!! Well done, we all want to emulate you, I look forward to the day I can say “im the normal weight for my height and age” keep on keeping on.
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christine.

I look forward to that day for me too. Today I moved down to being overweight – another 28 pounds to normal weight.

But today I realised I felt ‘normal’ – or a new ‘normal’. Perhaps I mean being more comfortable in my skin, not worrying what people think about me or what they’re saying about me.

I wonder how I will feel when I get to my target weight?

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi any caramba,
    Good to hear you are in a better place, love the phrase ‘keep calm and carry on’ I say keep on keeping on.
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    What a lovely post from you, I think we have all felt the same feelings when we feel ‘fat’ I have been in situations where I have wanted to crawl under the table, we were once on a cruise and we were leaving the dining room when I walked towards a mirror and said to the woman I was with, “oh I thought that was someone else and it was me” she responded quick as a flash, “we don’t all shop at oxfam” needless to say I have never worn that dress ever again! And again, needless to say after that I sat as far away from her at dinner every other evening after that!
    I now feel better about myself, I was in town today, just coming out of a car park, when I saw a friend from craft club, she was going to walk straight past me, I walked in front of her and said hello, she stopped, looked, then said oh sorry I didn’t realise it was you, you have lost so much weight I didn’t recognise you for a minute, I felt so good! It did me a power of good. I have always had confidence issues even when I wasn’t overweight, so now I feel ( a bit) normal. Thank you again Lynne for the pep talk, it does us all good to hear your experiences.
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Christine

I had a similar experience many years ago 😱 I was wearing a lovely dress (can’t remember if my mother made it, or if it was me!). It was yellow, a satiny dress with a lace over-dress.

When I went down to dinner one of the other (male) guests commented that “it was hard to find nice clothes for big people like us”! Needless to say, that dress went in the bin later😱

I’m curious to see if my friends recognise me at the airport next week. And if their dachshund still knows me😳 Last time I saw them was just before BSD.

What a great reaction from the craft club lady. No wonder it made you feel good😃

It sounds like a lot of us are putting past experiences behind us, together with all the lost weight, and moving on😃

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi captainlynne,

Thank you for your post – it’s humbling and thought provoking. The BSD is such a learning curve. 23 weeks down the track and you realise you feel normal. I’ve had moments (sometimes days) of ‘this is how I used to feel’ (in a positive sense) over the past 7 weeks.

I totally understand the enormity of the costs of your new uniforms when you get to London. More importantly is the joy I feel for you when I read that your health, energy and thinking processes are so improved – you must be delighted.

Oh, BSD drinks in the 16 week and over club house for you captainlynne (yes, I am saluting you, captain) on achieving overweight status. Make room in the club house for the gang from the 8 weeks and over thread too…imagine walking through the doors and ALL of us are standing on the tables chanting ‘Captain, my captain’ (thank you Walt Whitman).

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Lynne, that moment when we realise we feel better about ourselves quickly followed by the realization that we had not been aware our weight had made us feel awkward is such an amazing one. It happened to me in an m and s changing room the moment i stepped out to ask an assistant for help. I hadn’t done that for years.

It’s such a wonderful and liberating feeling.

You will have lost so much more weight since I met you I may not recognise you next time!!!! : )

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Lynne, so true, thanks for sharing not this! After my second week I kept saying to my husband, “I feel like I am getting the normal me back!” I kept trying to explain but it was impossible needless to say.
    Glad to know others feel this as well. I think for me it’s many factors. Getting off the carbs and gluten takes away the brain fog, the cravings, gives us more control in our choices… It just makes life simple basically which is the old normal. Plus I can do so much more, need less sleep, etc.
    We are all getting back to normal which is or healthy normal!
    💜

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Christine, so glad you are doing better and hoping all things keep moving in a positive direction for you!

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Tallyhoo
    Did you buy new underwear? The baggy knickers under the jeans/leggings are getting really annoying aren’t they!!!!!

• posted by Frog
    on

Congratulations Lynne, that sounds a really comfortable place to be (aside from the too loose uniform!).

I logged on to a previous employers website earlier in the week to check something, and found the most appalling picture of myself grinning out of the front page! – Scary
    I never see those double chins when I picture myself.!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi trees,
    I’m am officially jealous!!
    I started the diet in February, I was 14.9lb and size 20, I have lost 2.2lb and am in size, barely, 18 bottoms and 16 tops, captain Lynne is the same as you! It’s not fair, I’m not playing anymore!
    Oh I know everyone is different, and I am pear shaped, I’m just having a winge.
    Well done on your weight loss, especially as you have had to put up with a lot recently.
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith,
    Welcome back? I have missed you, where have you been, never mind, I’m glad you’re back
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi happy life,
    Thank you, yes feeling a lot better, have kick started the ‘diet’ and am back on track, Although today I have been cold (again) tired and had headache! That I can cope with if I’m losing weight
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi everyone. Two pounds gone this week, making a total to date of 60 pounds.

I’m going on holiday on Tuesday so will be away next weekend, when I’ll have completed week 24 so I’m opening the new clubhouse at week 23. Hope nobody minds the early opening😃 See you over there 😃

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow I am so happy for you and feel proud to know you honestly. Thank you for continuing to share your inspiring path – I can’t tell you how reading your posts inspired me each morning!

Not only are you doing it, you have done it! 60 lbs! Go girl!! Yeah I am over 60 but we are all still girls at heart! 💜

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks HappyLife 😃

I’ll be 66 in a few weeks😱 But still feel 19😃

And feel better than I’ve done in many a long year😃💜

• posted by HappyLife
    on

I know what you mean!! I feel better and lighter than I have in years and I have always said I always feel 17!!!
    Ha!
    Here’s to we 60 somethings in our teens!!
    💜🌷

• posted by captainlynne
    on

*waves* to another recycled teenager 😃

Who says we’re past it at 60!😃

Have you read “When I am old I will wear purple”? I love it😃

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    Such a lot to celebrate!
    60 lb loss, 66 birthday coming up and on top of that a lovely holiday to look forward to, wow, I hope you have a great holiday and birthday.
    I am over the sixteen weeks starting Monday, so looking forward to that, although we are away next week too, so don’t know how my diet will go.
    I had a rare visit from my sister today, she lives on the south coast, we live in the Midlands, she was going home from visiting a sick friend in the north Midlands, so called in, she was going to stay to have a meal with us, then decided she had better get home, she never mentioned the weight loss, my dear husband was getting annoyed so said, isn’t christine looking well? She said oh yes I did notice you had lost weight! And that was it! So you are not alone with being ignored regarding weight loss.
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christine

Yippee! Another 16 week veteran on Monday😃💐🌹

My friend’s birthday is just after mine, towards the end of June, so I don’t know if we’ll be going out for a joint celebration like two years ago. The meal had been pre-ordered and I didn’t know what I’d be eating until it was put in front of me😱 I managed to pass shellfish (something I react badly too😳) to my friend. But I did eat the goats cheese, and the beef carpaccio (raw beef!). There must have been a dessert in those pre-BSD days, but I don’t remember it. But I do remember the cake that was bought for us! That year I was in Italy for my birthday. Last year I was in the USA. There I got to pick my birthday meal. So it was steak. The staff were told it was my birthday, so they brought me a gigantic cookie, with ice cream on it, with a lighted candle in it! I was full from the steak, but ate the ice cream, taking the cookie back to the motel, where it disappeared into the waste basket!

Glad you saw your sister, but sorry she wasn’t more forthcoming about your weight loss😢 Seems lots of people are reacting in a similar way. We’ll just have to keep on keeping on, and show them this is our new way of life and ghost we’re not going to regain the lost weight! 👋

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    Just got back from church, had a difficult job getting out! So many people wanted to talk to me about my weight loss, one lady who is remission from cancer said I looked stunning, very nice of her, however I wouldn’t have said stunning, anyway, got a few really nice complements. Well before church, as it is a lovely sunny day I decided to wear one of my ‘new’ dresses, so, I needed a waist slip, put it on, went to go downstairs and the slip started to fall down! So I had to take it off and go without, it felt good in a daft way!
    I am still losing even if it’s ounces I’m happy,
    Again I will say thank you for your inspiration and do have a great holiday.
    Christine

• posted by smith
    on

oh well done captain lynne that is incredible very inspiring for those of us that have just started!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christine and smith *waves*

Christine, I hope the skirt wasn’t see through😱 It’s my skirt I have to worry about, it’s lined so no need for a slip!

Thanks smith. How are you getting on?

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    The dress wasn’t see through, I just felt a bit ‘out there’ in a dress, I normally wear trousers and long tops that cover my belly!
    See you in the 16weeks club house on Monday! Will ‘wave’ at you so you can let me in
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christine

I don’t even possess a dress😱 Haven’t had one for years. And my only skirts are part of my uniform! I tend to live in trousers, even when I go on holiday.

In the past (long, long ago – when dinosaurs walked the earth) I normally wore separates, hardly ever a dress😱

Perhaps I need to be more adventurous with my clothes shopping!

Welcome to the 16 weeks clubhouse. Make yourself at home. Tea and coffee in the kitchen, just help yourself.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    Knock knock can I come in *waves* I am finally on the over the sixteen week mark, I am away from home though so don’t know how I will fare this week, I will carry on carrying on!
    Lynne, you are definitely going to have to try new things, clothes wise, you never know you might start a whole new thing and end up being a totally different woman! Worth a try at least?
    You will be off to Italy tomorrow, will you be able to get any posts done on the forum? If not ‘see’ you after your hols, I forgot Judith was away! I was wondering where she had got to! So,if you get a random post from me asking where you are, it’s just me having a senior moment!
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christine.

*opens the door for new member to this club*😃🌻🌹

A new woman😱 Not sure about that! This one can get into enough trouble, never mind a new one LOL. Might have to start making clothes again (not done it in years) – very little in the shops appeals to me, either style or colour not right! And why, when I don’t want them anymore, do nearly all the trousers have elasticated waistbands?

Yes, tomorrow I go to London, stay overnight and fly to Italy. Treated myself to a new bag, a bag organiser and a purse. All Kipling. Love Kipling bags. I must have had the one I’ve just abandoned for 8 or 9 years, using it nearly every day but it was just starting to come apart😱 So a new one for the trip. The bag organiser is an extra large purse with lots of pockets, so the little purse (also with lots of pockets) fits inside. Big enough to hold passport. Also doubles as a clutch bag with wrist strap😃

I’ll be ok posting tomorrow but not sure about after that. Friends don’t have wifi so it depends on the mobile signal. Will try and post when I can.

See you when I get back (home 10th June). *waves*

• posted by Frog
    on

Enjoy your holiday Lynne – have a brilliant time
    Stick to antipasti and skip the pasta!

• posted by Trees
    on

Happy holidays Lynn and thank you for thinking of me Christine

I had the same thoughts about elasticated waists and now I want a smaller size in something they only have larger sizes!!! And just had to replace all under ware — new ones don’t take up so much room on the washing line!! We are very similar in thoughts and stats — now in week 20 and have lost 60 lbs — it averages about 1 to 2 lb a week so the last 2stone will take a little bit longer — but I will get there as I want to know what it’s like to be slim and healthy!!!

Here’s to ‘over the 23 week line’

Patrice x

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Frog

Staying with friends, but have already told them I can’t eat pasta or pizza. So they think I’m coeliac 😱 One of their relatives is coeliac so they said they’re used to catering for it. I told them not to worry about special foods, I’m fine with meat, fish, cheese, eggs, veg.

Will explain when I get there tomorrow. I’m taking a hand held spiraliser over for them. Probably either ask to go shopping or give them money to cover what they wouldn’t normally buy. At least now no need to buy Diet Coke😃 Apart from coffee, all I drink is water (preferably sparkling)!

I’ll try and post while I’m away, depending on Internet access. Otherwise, speak when I get home. *waves*

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Trees

Same for me. If I find or want something, whatever size I happen to be is out of stock😱 Is it a conspiracy?

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Captainlynne – yes, indeed, I work in Fashion Retail, and I am keeping a close eye on your progress and monitoring our out-of-stock position at the same time. (Just joking ;-))

Congratulations on your fabulous progress 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.