One week at the time: week 5 – 15th May 2018

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Not “too heavy” at all skinnytobe! Very beautiful thoughts, indeed, and completely selfless 🙂 When I’ve told my personal
    story for the umpteenth time and worry I may be boring others who have already read it, I continue to do so in the hope
    that a silent lurker who might be doubting their own ability to be successful, may chose that particular day to join us
    and change their lives forever. We can never know for certain who we affect, can we? I sincerely hope that your friends
    achieve a successful IVF soon!

Allie

• posted by wendyq
    on

Skinny,that’s a lovely reason to dedicate your fast,to your friends,that the IVF is successful.Alliecat,I have found your story very inspiring and appreciate you sharing it .If you can do it then I can do it.We watched the Royal Wedding with some friends,made a nice salad and had ice lollies,I had one of my homemade ones.Managed to resist marshmallows around the fire last night.Since my blip last weekend I seem to be stronger and resisting things hasn’t been too difficult.Long may it continue!Only half a stone to lose before I’m just overweight and not obese.It’s good to have short term goals to work towards rather than the whole amount ,especially as it seems to be taking so long to get there!I tried on a skirt and pair of trousers last night that I haven’t been able to get into for ages,just slightly tight so won’t be too long before I can wear them.One of my goals is to weigh less than my hubby,about a stone to go before I reach that goal.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Tululah – I am very new to the fasting also as I only did my first fast last Thursday. It seems to me that you are doing really well on your first fast. I did find that the first one was the hardest and it has got easier. Being able to have cream in my coffee has really helped me stick to the fasting.

For me eating early in the day really suits me. There is more information about it on this link from Luvtcook
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20180510/Early-time-restricted-feeding-improves-blood-sugar-control-and-blood-pressure-study-shows.aspx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning everyone. Now feeling fine and looking forward to making courgette soup. I adore soup, nearly all soup! Possibly a bag of watercress added at the end to wilt down before whizzing might give a bit of an extra peppery bite? I add spinach and watercress to most of my ‘green’ soups, lots of goodness for few carbs and calories.

Anyway, hope you have all had a good week. Mine has been a bit odd but I’m away from today for a few weeks so really need the continuity of these weekly challenges to keep me on track. So I will set up a new thread for week 6 all company really appreciated.
    Have a good day to end this challenge and come on over to week 6 with renewed enthusiasm and vigour!

• posted by Tululah
    on

Hi Verano! So glad to have you back and feeling good?
    Morning everyone else!
    Skinny thank you for sharing your beautiful approach to fasting:) I enjoyed my first long one on Friday and I’m planning on doing a few 18 hours fasts this week starting from tonight.
    So how was everybody’s weekend?
    Mine never went to plan at all!:):):):) As usual my weekend ends up being very busy, out with the kids, a few drinks, people around for a BBQ and I end up drinking & eating too much. I had planned to do another fast on Saturday night – don’t know what I was thinking! As this seems to be a fairly regular occurrence I really need to think this through and get a much better plan of action for my weekends. I don’t want to keep working hard during the week only to blow most of it at weekends.
    I know that I will definitely be keeping my long fasts for during the week. Weekend wont work, I enjoy brunches with my family too much.
    I also need to decide how serious I am about all of this and what that means.
    How does it actually fit in with my life – or how do I fit it in with my life?. I guess I’ve never really visualized that in the long term. Its all a bit haphazard. For instance – I know I wont stop drinking alcohol completely – so when do i keep that for? I mean just getting through the week can’t constitute a special occasion.:) Neither can every BBQ, every dinner out, every big family dinner, every birthday party, it just never ends. Same goes for using every occasion to eat.
    I need to rethink the ‘week V the weekend thing’. Stop weighing everyday and just look at weight loss from a full weeks’ perspective rather than ‘weight off during week and weight on during weekend’. This could be my natural pattern but not sure its a healthy way to think of it. I think it may actually be leading to overeating at the weekend. Ive a lot to think about.
    So here we go again – start of another week. I’m expecting to still be a few pounds down tomorrow from last week and I’m already starting to plan ahead to next weekend. I also need to find a way to be ready for the unexpected things that happen. With such a big family (3 kids 8, 11&14) large extended family and lots of people around, spontaneous events tend to happen every weekend.
    Be interested to hear if anyone else struggles with the weekends and what their own personal ‘program’ looks like.

Feeling positive though and excited to still be learning about myself with every week that passes (9 weeks in now) I’m not there yet by any means but I know I will get there and I’m still a stone less than when I started. I’ve ordered Gary Taubes book (Why we get fat) that Ive heard talked about on these forums a lot so I’m looking forward to that. I also need to seriously get my ass moving.:) Mostly though I need to decide just how I can realistically apply all of this to my life, ESPECIALLY at weekends!

Hope you all have a wonderful day fellow travelers.
    See you on the new thread tomorrow
    Tully xxxx:)

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Hi fellow one-weekers!
    Trying to catch up in this thread and so pleased to see you’re back Verano! Another one-week. YES YES YES!
    And thanks Tululah! Many interesting thoughts.
    As usual its fantastic to read what’s happening in every one’s life.
    I copied what i posted in 4w thread because I like to share it with you.
    “Today I went from obesity to overweight!!! Wheigt is now 87,88 was 102.1 kg in januari. It has been so many years carrying these kg. Both bodily and mentally. But this WOE + this forum is a smashing hit combo!
    Time to set a new goal and that will be to drop to 85 kg. This week goal is to keep going down and exersise a bit more. I prefer small stepps on my way to 72 kg.
    One step at a time..
    I which you all the very best of luck. Go for it!”
    And corruget soup, I’ll join that club to.
    I will join next one-week.
    Se you there!

Please log in or register to post a reply.