One Week at a Time: Week 6, May 22nd

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning DAY 5 of 7 and the weekend is upon us again. I know that having a long weekend in the UK can bring extra pressures but bread, sweets, etc etc really don’t taste any different on Sunday than they do on Monday! So why eat ‘stuff’ that at other times wouldn’t pass our lips! We can have fun without ‘treats’ that actually aren’t treats at all. As Esnecca said …. ‘ not one step backwards…. ‘

Allie I’m in the Canary Island for the last time in the foreseeable future. Just packing up some of belongings as we sell our holiday home and move on to pastures new!

Have a good weekend!

• posted by zinny
    on

Well day six of my week one. I planned the food for the day and I will be busy in the garden. Interesting to see what the scales say on Monday. Will be attending a bbq on Monday afternoon, so I will try to be mindful . Have a good bank holiday weekend everyone in UK

• posted by Verano
    on

DAY 7 of 7 . Hope it has been a good week for everyone and you had a good weigh in this morning zinny.
    Have a nice day!

• posted by zinny
    on

Hello everyone and hope all us first week starters have had a good result. I just weighed myself and to my utter shock have lost 10 lb.. I’m very pleased with that for a result. In all my years of diets and believe me I’ve tried quite a few I’ve never had such a good result and do you know what, I have not felt deprived or hungry. I shall go to the bbq today and eat mindfully,

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Morning each.
    Hope everyone’s done well but if not then just keep on keeping on. It will happen. It can’t not happen (sorry, I know that’s not correct English, bit it is correct logic!)

This morning I am 9st 12.75! Very pleased with that. I am off tonight for 2.5 weeks in France so will not be taking part in the next 2 x 1 week challenges, but I’ll be back after that and no doubt a few lbs to lose.
    I shall eat mindfully but not stress. I’ll have a few vins rouges as well.
    Á biêntot mes souers
    Luv Tilly X X 🕶️🌞🏊🚴👙🍷💅😘

• posted by Tillybud
    on

That should of course have been “a bientôt mes soeurs”! Pardon xx
    Tilly x

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Zinny
    Excellent result on the scales and I agree that the best part of this way of eating is not feeling hungry.

We celebrated my 70th birthday by going out for a lovely meal. I ordered a 10oz sirloin steak with mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and a lovely salad. It was so tasty and tender but way too much so I took what I couldn’t eat back home to the Labradors – they were so happy. Desert was a lovely proper coffee with double cream – my dream desert.

This week have half term off and I am so looking forward to relax and do some reading and will do 18/6 fasts for the whole week.

I was a very slow loser when I started on the BSD. I had decided to gradually move to 800 cals rather than go into it straight away. So ended up losing most of my weight before I managed to get down to 800 cals. Interestingly I was able to cut down on insulin but not significantly. I was only able to come off the insulin injections when I started the 800 cals. It happened quickly and dramatically but unfortunately was only able to do the 800 for 3 weeks because my weight was going too low and I was way below target.

I now believe this was very unfortunate because the 800 is basically a fasting diet and would have not only have drained my pancreas of fat but would have reversed my insulin resistance if I had done the full 8 weeks. So I am very hopeful that I can now tackle the insulin resistance with the 16/8 and 18/6 intermittent fasting. So maybe – sometime in the future I will be able to eat more than 20g of carbs a day and still stay off the insulin injections

Initially – moving to 2 bigger meals a day instead of three smaller ones – my 2 hour after meal BS tests were higher than before and they stayed higher for much longer. But after a couple of weeks of intermittent fasting they are dropping in a very satisfactory way.

I was looking through my old notes from the diabetes clinic at our regional hospital. I was to eat between 50g and 70g of starchy carbs at every meal and adjust my insulin injections accordingly. With what we know now – that was never going to go well and not surprisingly led to worsening eye and numb foot problems.

So when I look in the mirror now and see a very slender, fit, healthy, active and young looking 70 year old I feel so lucky to have found the BSD and this forum.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Tully
    Hope you have a lovely holiday.

• posted by Verano
    on

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Krysia! Hope you had a really lovely day and many warm wishes now that you have joined ‘ the club’, for continued health and well being. It’s amazing how we each come to our own ‘version’ of BSD and whilst we all follow the same principles we each have to tailor the plan to fit our own body. Just takes some of us longer than others to find the exact ‘fit’!

Well done zinny! This really is the best plan.

• posted by pkd2004
    on

Congrats to all you successful losers. I’ve been having trouble sticking to it for last 2 weeks – chocolate, crisps, alcohol – not everyday, just every so often. I need to get my head back in it as it was working so well. I have a lot of work pressure at the moment but I deal with it better when I’m eating better, so definitely self destructive! I’m determined to get back on it today. I’ve forced myself to write this to try to help myself be accountable – I wanted to not message as wasn’t succeeding but that is the easy way out!

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

pkd2004 so good that you write here to get you back on the wagon! You will do great turning self destruction to self success!
    Congrats KrysiaD! Very interesting with your story.
    Well done Zinny! That is a great achievement!
    France wow! Have wonderful trip Tilly. I’m sure you will do great!
    Verano, thanks for the post about that food is tasting the same on Sunday or Monday! Love it! Its a keeper!
    I had a wiggling wheigt curve this week. But it ended 0,59 kg/1,3 lb down! I know I owe that to you. 😂 Now I’m off to see a doctor about my achilles tendon.
    Thank you all of you for good support, interesting post and very nice company.❤️❤️❤️

• posted by Kal
    on

Hello all! I’m one week and a day in, like Zinny (well done Zinny!) I lost 10lbs! Never in my life of dieting ( and it’s been a long one, every diet going, just cancelled my WW subscription after going for 8 years 🙄) have I eaten such lovely food and lost so much! I spend so much time reading the forums and gaining knowledge and inspiration from you all. I’m worried about keeping it off but, think the 5:2 may be the way for me, anyone have any words of wisdom? Im 54 and want to get to 12 stone which is a manageable weight for me, I feel healthy and comfortable there.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!

Pkd2004 chocolate, crisps, alcohol you know most of us have been there, in varying degrees, at some time or another. We just have to keep sunshine-girl to the forefront of our minds and keep on keeping on……

So thinking about a new week I thought we might all need a little change and revamp so I’m thinking for our next weekly challenge we should ‘Spring into Summer: Week 1, May 29th’. Hope you are happy with that.

• posted by Trundlebug
    on

Well the festival was grand. Did I manage to stay on the wagon? Well mostly I did and the one night I drank I had such a hilariously gloriously dancey time that I could not fault my decision. The vague headache I nursed the next day was harder to deal with without the comfort of a big breakfast to soak it up however so it’s not something I care to repeat to often.
    So am now back to non festival life and happily back to eating healthy food with no compromise. Feel better for it.
    Lots of great inspiration on this board. Thanks to all who think and write and share so well.

TB x

• posted by zinny
    on

Many thanks to everyone who congratulated me on my weight loss, this forum is great, the friendly messages and tips., well it all helps with the job of getting rid of the excess poundage.
    Went to the bbq yesterday was mindful and had no drink as put myself forward as nominated driver and just ate some pulled pork and beef , watermelon and a cup of coffee. No bread rolls or pudding, but as it was so warm was not really bothered about sweet stuff.
    Just back now from dog walking, food planned for today .
    Good luck on the scales for us all

• posted by Verano
    on

Not a very good week for me as I’ve put on my usual ‘holiday’ weight over the last 8 days. I do know that once I get home I will lose that within a week but now I have ve to stand still. Hope it was a good week for everyone. Think I need a new start again this week!

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Hi all!
    Just realized I made a misstake when counting yesterday as last day.😕
    So I’m happy that todays wheigt is down a little bit more.
    Total Tuesday to Tuesday is 0,84 kg/1,8 lb down my wheigt is 86,93 kg/191,65 lb. I guess I’m a slow looser. Anyhow I just appreciate these one weeks so very much. ❤️❤️❤️
    Tank you all!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi
    Just reporting a 3/4lb loss this week – so am now the lowest I have been on maintenance. Although I would like to lose just a little more – my main aim is good blood sugars for my next Hb1aC in August – I want a really good result so that I can move from the diabetes clinic at the Regional Hospital to being ‘looked after’ by the excellent and knowledgeable nurse at my local GPs practice. Of course my main goal is to stay off the insulin injections for ever.
    I agree with Buddahs Wife that these weekly threads are really helpful. If things don’t go as planned one week – you start again on a new weekly thread. It really works for me.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi guys
    Still lurking, got the headspace to get back into this again, so joining in with you all properly again, so from now until tues am, will get back into the habit of logging what I’m eating, and up my activities, target for the end of June 16 1/2 stone 😊

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

greenjacket, these are weekly and this one has ended, the next one started on 29th and there will be another one on Tuesday. Nice to see you back.

Just checked, it is called spring into summer – week 1 – 29th May – join us there and then follow on the next one too.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Lol
    Obviously my mind is still out of kilter, thx for that 😊

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Jan see you on ‘ Spring into Summer: Week 2, 5th June’, tomorrow. Haven’t set it up yet but will later!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

HI Everyone.thanks for the great support.I did quite well last night .ordered butter chicken and asked for steam vegies instead of rice.I had a .few sips of white wine and no dessert.today I managed to take a 30 minutes walk before a storm arrived..Ive been having soups today and I should be close to target .we will see on the scales tomorrow.best wishes to all

Please log in or register to post a reply.