ONE WEEK AT A TIME, Starting March 12, 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I haven’t seen a new thread up for us today, so I’m coming along to get one established…Wendy may be overloaded
    today, so here we are 🙂 I look forward to spending another week with old friends and new, so pop up your goals
    for the week, and let’s continue to travel this road together. New members always welcome, so let’s hear from
    you all! It will be a wonderful week. I’m still confidently maintaining, but would really like to hear from you!

Allie

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Bonjour, I think Wendleg was going to put it up tomorrow. I have reported my great blood test results in last weeks thread and I have also lost 1lb. So, here we are on another week so what has gone before is finished but I hope I can continue to lose some weight before my holiday – 5 weeks to go.

• posted by alliecat
    on

This is all excellent, Sunshine! I’m happy that tightening up a little on the carbs is working so well for you 🙂
    I’ve had spotty internet coverage this past week, so I’m curious about where you are heading off to in 5 weeks?
    What a great month for a holiday!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks Allie ! You’re a star.I have been selling red noses in my breaks and did not have a minute to breathe !! Sorry I delayed everything.
    Glad the new thread is up and running and hoping to see all our friends on here for another brand new week !

I did one of my extended fasts ( 46 hours) from Sunday evening until today, Tuesday at 6pm. I actually enjoy them ( I’m weird I know) I had a few almonds and O/H cooked one of Jamie’s 5 ingredient recipes : Sea bass with thai red curry paste with lime and coriander. I love the taste of delicious food after a fast.
    I’m rebooting after being on half term hols for 2 weeks, now back into my normal routine. I don’t have chocolate or nuts at school 🙂 Rocking my LIDL dress 😉
    I will check up on the posts now xx All the very best everyonexx

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Well done sunshine girl! You truly are an inspiration with all you have achieved (been reading on other threads). Hats off to you!
    Well, after my break away last week and suffering a heavy cold at the weekend, my aim for this week is to get back on track and discard the weight I gained last week and hopefully a little bit more. I originally gained 5lb but that’s now only 2lb as of this morning.
    I’ve never really had an ideal weight to aim for as anytime I tried I would always fail, so a goal was never within reach. However, this time is so much different and I do feel positive about the whole new WOE. For the last couple of years I’ve hovered between 12.5 and 13 stone. Could never seem to get below 12.5. Today I’m 11 stones and 8lbs. I’ve decided my goal is going to be 11 stones. But you never know, I might change my mind when I get there……( deliberately said when and not if lol)
    Wishing everyone else on here a really good and positive week. Looking forward to hearing how you are all getting on. I really am addicted to this forum. Everyone is brilliant and the support and encouragement is amazing 😁

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the new thread Allie – was considering setting it up myself, but you got there first. Sounds like you’re having a busy time post half term wendleg and really rocking that new dress.
    S-G – you seem to have really hit your stride. Great results. Hope you have similar success this week too.
    Scottish-gal – I shifted my goal weight twice on my journey and am happy to say maintenance is still going well. I’m sure you will be at goal soon and wouldn’t be surprised if you decide to push on for awhile, now that you’re gaining confidence in the process.
    For me this week will be about getting more serious about gaining wriggle room, although I okay with being at target. Definitely need to be more focused if I want to drop a few extra pounds though.
    Wishing everyone a positive and successful week.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys,
    I have decided to report progress on a weekly basis for the next 12 weeks to help keep focus on making the most of being a guinea pig for the next 6 months. – Three weeks ago the local university circulated on facebook an appeal for volunteers for a research project on the impact on health markers of a weight training program for women. I replied asking if I would be accepted as I was also actively working to reduce weight by eating keto and within 2 hours was told it would be fine and they sent out the paperwork for me to sign.
    On the 3rd of March I went into the university to have a full MOT the whole range of tests took over 3 hours. – Everything from body composition, and an ECG, ultrasounds of different blood vessels, using machines to measure the maximum weight and power (how quickly you can push or pull a weight just below your maximum weight) including measuring individual legs and arms to compare how equal your muscle structure is. Exercises on tread mill and exercise bike with heart rate monitors and with a mask to capture data on breathing patterns, blood was taken for a range of test, and tests on emotional health, and mental capacity.
    I did leave on a high, at the start of one test the professor with expertise in exercise was referring to me as being a big woman, (to be fair I am taller and broader than him) but at the end of that session he was talking about me being a powerful woman. – I like that idea.
    ————————————-
    Anyway, tomorrow I go into the university to go through the results of the health MOT, and to have set the weight training program to follow. – From this week I will be going into the gym once a week to have a personal session with a trainer, with the opportunity to use the gym on other occasions if I want. In 3 months time they will re-run the full MOT to see what physical changes have occurred. And again 3 months later.
    —————————
    I did see the screen on the body composition machine, so I know that the report will tell me the composition of each limb as well as my trunk. I am going to set my targets for the next 12 weeks on body composition once I get a copy of the report. _ I can remember the total, but not the figures for each of the body segments.

• posted by wendleg
    on

That is a fabulous opportunity for you JGwen and I am sure the trial will prove extremely useful in your continued research. We have no doubt that you are indeed a powerful woman. You have addressed so many issues , always questioning, and readily sharing your vast knowledge with us. The outcomes of this project will be very interesting. You have had very extensive tests and we look forward to hearing how you get on. I am very impressed with the weight training program you are embarking upon, Well done J Gwen !

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’ll very much be looking forward to sharing your results throughout the 12weeks, JGwenI suspect you’ll have a
    thing or two to teach them all, too!

Hi Sunny! I’d hoped you’d find the new thread! Where are our other travelers?

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Hi Everyone,
    JGwen, being involved in this research project sounds fascinating……keep us posted.
    My goal this week is damage limitation i.e to not gain any….in the wake of the steroid injection. I’ve been much hungrier since, which is annoying. It would be incredible if I could get to to 88 kg, my initial half way goal which is another 1.1kgs but I may need to be patient for that. Have a great week everyone xxxx

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Wow JGwen, that is an absolutely FABULOUS opportunity! I will be watching your posts with great interest!
    Julia

• posted by alliecat
    on

Steroids are notorious for weight increase, Shellbo. I can empathize. I had an intrathecal injection( into the spine)
    and I swear that 10lbs magically appeared shortly afterward. Do you expect to have to have repeat injections, ot
    was this a one time thing?

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Hi Allie
    My Gp said he expected me to need at least one more which is depressing. Reading up on it I think I should have seen more relief by now so I don’t think another would be worth it. I’ve been going for some physio/massage too but I could cry its so sore. Hope your spine injection was more successful xxxx
    P.s. any magic cures anyone?

• posted by Amz the Beautiful
    on

Reposted from a different forum -I was so sleepy yesterday that I completely misread the title.

Checking in for the week – 158.6, a decrease of a little less than three pounds… So rolling forward towards my next goal of 155. I’ve been doing my best to exercise regularly and eat on plan. Also, splurged and bought some new dresses since all my others are too big. They are lovely and snug, perfect for slimming into. 🧡 hello to all and apologies for not being active last week, I’m okay and doing my best to be positive.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, a busy couple of weeks so I’m afraid I dropped off the planet. Weight-wise I am in the doldrums but no gains and clothes are feeling looser so happy about that, it will have to start disappearing soon!
    JGwen, I am so envious! what a fantastic study to be part of. really looking forward to the outcome of the research- what exactly are they testing? I am sure you have said previously but there’s too much traffic on these weekly threads for me to find it!
    Addit: this is the third time I’ve tried to post, my computer keeps logging me out. I do hope it doesn’t clog up the thread.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Morning all. Scales just now were rather uncooperative, but NSV of another inch off waist. My bosoms are now the first part of me to meet the world rather than tum; hourglass here I come…. Chicken Marbella went down very well (served with steamed cauliflower). I am now just over 2 lbs off from 12 st, so hope to report a milestone in the next week or so! Then will have 75 kgs target in my sights (alternating between imperial and metric!) which would be half way to target; not the quickest rate of discard but not bad either since starting on 6 Jan – and I definitely don’t feel like I am on a “diet”. Have a good day all!

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Morning sixturkeys,
    Great news on inches, you made me smile with your bosoms reference, I was thinking exactly the same, can’t wait for the hourglass 😉. Glad you enjoyed chicken Marbella, its delicious isn’t it.
    Amz sending 🤗 keep on keeping on 💜
    Shell xxx

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Newsflash, I think I may have had my first whoosh. I haven’t budged since Wednesday but today dropped half a kg but have lost 2″ off waist and 1″ off tum 😯😯😯 well chuffed.
    BG still up though 😖
    Have a lovely day
    Shell xxx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Wow Shellbob, that is fantastic! I said only yesterday that you would soon smash through your initial half way target and you are now a smidge away from it! And 2″ off waist! Hope the elbow is easing a bit, and that the BG responds v soon.

• posted by Ria-tor
    on

Hi
    I posted on the 5th March thread in the fast 800 sub forum, hope it’s ok for me to post here as couldn’t see a thread in that forum and I could do with some company.
    I’m in week 3 of the fast800, feeling so lost without the menu plans! I did consider repeating week 1 but have decided I’m more likely to stick with this if I can figure out my own menus and factor in planned overs all whilst staying within my grocery budget.
    This week hasn’t started well to be honest. I did have a wobble this morning wondering what was the point but have now planned today’s, tomorrow’s and Friday’s menus. Making it up as I went along on Monday and Tuesday was a disaster and I’ve gained 1/2lb.
    I’ve finally found a menu, calorie tracker app thingy that works for me after trying what seems like millions. My goal this week is to pre plan and input all foods and recipes and water in the tracker. Its really time consuming I think because I’m so new to this so really hoping it’ll get easier.

on

Apparently Cockneylady didn’t see this post (it was a little late) and has started a new thread with the same name. Thanks to Cockneylady for taking the initiative but I will stick with this one. I have an appointment with Dr gorgeous in half an hour and just trying to kill some time, I hate waiting. His surgery is about 3 minutes by car so I will set off at 2.05 for my 2.15 appt. Will report back.

• posted by avisamuelgrey
    on

Weeks 1-4 result shows a total loss of 12lbs.

I’ve just checked my profile, and it shows that I signed up to these forums in August 2017 and weighed 15st 6lbs. This is what I weigh today having lost 12lbs which is a totally depressing thought!!

However, I am doing this properly now, thinking about it more and in this for the long haul, as others have said. Had a glass of red wine as a treat last night, and it tasted vile 😮 Total turnaround.

on

Just back from the doctor. Big thumbs up. Apparently I weigh exactly the same as I did 1 week before Christmas, so whatever I gained I have now lost. Just need to lose a bit more for my holiday.
    Someone asked on last weeks thread (a regular) where I was going. Cruise stopping at Norway, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Estonia and Russia (St Petersburg), calling in for a second time on the way back a different place in Denmark and Germany. It is a great way to see so many different places and get guided tours around. That is 6 weeks away but will be going to daughters for a week before that. Taking our grandsons to Harry Potter World down south somewhere. Daughter has missed seeing us for both our birthdays and it will be our wedding anniversary while we are with her so she owes us a meal out. Better get another 5 or 6lbs off before.

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Hi Ria-tor
    I found it really time consuming at first and seemed to spend every waking hour typing stuff into my app (I use fatsecret) I’ve found now that I have a bunch of ‘saved meals’ I can just click on I don’t have to type everything in everytime. Planning is definitely the key, in the last couple of weeks I’ve branched out and started trying some of the recipes on the recipe forum and on the diet doctor website, I’ve even made a few up 😊 I promise it will get easier, I’m in wk 6 and feeling quite confident with cooking at home, a bit less with eating out etc.
    Sixturkeys thanks 😊
    Sunshine-G your cruise sounds fab, I’d be very interested to hear how you get on with the BSD whilst on board xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Your trip sounds inspired, sunshine! So many wonderful things are happening for you right now, and I’m delighted
    for you. I’m thrilled that your latest round of tests are showing so much improvement, and your Dr. is pleased, too!
    I repeated one of your famous comments on another thread today…You once posted that “we were a family and
    took care of our own”. I absolutely agree with that, so I’m happy that you will be staying with this thread. Our newly
    diagnosed diabetics need you!

on

Shellbob, I tell the catering staff I cant eat carbs and ask for extra veg or salad. However, it can backfire as last cruise they started serving me weird things like squirty cream instead of ice cream with a desert, when I asked what it was they said it was suitable for diabetics and that ice cream was not allowed on a diabetic diet. I hadn’t said I was diabetic but they will have looked at my boarding details and you have to tell them if you have something wrong and they took it on themselves to control my diet. I soon put them in their place. What can happen is, as there are a choice of 5 or 6 courses I can just eat around the carbs and still ask for extra veg / salad. I never eat the carbs – full stop. For lunch I go up to the self service where there is are multiple salad choices. Yes, I will gain weight, who can resist the evening cocktails but a good choice of a vodka martini rather than a sweet pina colada.

Allie my blood works are not exactly an improvement except from when I started 3 years ago when I had HbA1c of 8.2 now 6.2 but I seem to be stuck at this level whereas I would love to get rid of the insulin completely. I will keep on keeping on and never slip back to uncontrolled diabetes. I might be on medication but I am very much in control. I dont remember the family quote but I certainly wouldn’t have been able to do it without this forum and DrM.

• posted by TheBudgie
    on

I found my weigh here without a guide, I’m becoming very independent! 2 days into week 2 and still going not faltered yet. As to weighing I was wondering how often is best, so many online suggestions? Though I’m not that concerned with numbers I know it will be ages before inch loss on stomach as my weight goes from legs first. Blood levels are great too!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Budgie, I weigh every day simply because scales are there, but only the “official” weekly one counts! Did you see my post asking what you meant by your meals being “too big”?

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Ria tor, I agree it is time consuming to log all our food at first but it feels much faster in the second week. I’ve saved some of the meals I know I’ll repeat and have frozen some things from last week so that makes things easier. I’m getting a bit better at estimating portion size. 25g of cheese still looks like one mouthful though.

Shellbob great news on your whoosh .

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi all – glad to read everyone’s goals and progress so far this week. Mine is to hopefully start losing again after being stuck for two weeks. Hope everyone has much success with whatever they’re striving for this week!

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi all, I’m on holiday sans scales for the first time since starting the fast800.

Measurement changes show that my waist has stayed at 97cm for last month, but my upper body has dropped from size 18 to 16. My body shape is more hourglass than before, delighted with this.
    I have been relaxed about the amount I eat just controlling carbs, no alcohol, and found a brilliant place that creates great low carb food on Portland island in Dorset.

The combination of avocado, bacon and chicken on a salad with French dressing was amazing.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone. Checking in after a lazy afternoon snoozette ! I need a few days to adjust to early starts .
    I am pleased to see you all found your way over to the new weekly thread despite my dawdling !
    Well done to everyone posting results and for anyone stalling, just keep going. You are doing this for your health. That is the priority and you are worth it ! I don’t weigh until the weekend . I couldn’ t bear daily weigh ins..and I wouldn’t want to be discouraged by certain fluctuations. Don’t worry Kafin13 , keep going and I hope you are feeling ok ?

Patricia, being a size 16 was a massive victory for me after wearing size 20 or 22 and not being able to find off the peg clothing (miserable times in the changing rooms 🙁 ) Well done on your holiday food choices.
    Great news on your whoosh, Shellbob, that’s a lovely, well -deserved mood booster for you after that nasty injection.
    I chuckled when I read Budgie’s post ‘ I found my WEIGH here without a guide ‘ 😉 You are most certainly in the zone Budgie ! Keep going !
    Keep skipping, skipping ! It’s early days and you are doing well adopting the BSD way.
    Scottishgal you will soon be back on track after your break now you have recovered from your cold.
    Sunshinegirl …well done for staying in control and taking charge of your health. Glad your doctor was pleased with you.
    I have heard the Harry Potter World experience is fantastic . Very difficult to get tickets for school groups when I investigated.

avisamuelgrey , those are great results.Don’t think about the past. Today is now and that’s what matters.
    Ria-tor, don’t over complicate things.There are lots of simple low carb meals which don’t need a lot of cooking /planning so it’s not a chore.It has to be a way of eating you can sustain. It might take a bit of time adjusting early days but it will soon become natural.
    Sixturkeys I am not 12 stone yet but looking forward to that day . It’s a good feeling just being in that 12 stone bracket though. I was pretty close to 16 stone (100kg) in September. Surprisingly my bosoms haven’t shrunk but I have a pretty ample chest and losing a bit wouldn’t hurt. They are never going to be pert and perky though 😉 My belly is definitely reducing and the apron is on its way out.I can really see the difference when I turn sideways. It used to be horrendous.

Stay with us Mariet. Loose clothes is a victory ! Hope your daughetr in law and baby are doing well still.

Sunny and Allie are our fantastic maintainers.We have no doubt you will achieve some wriggle room before your trip to Turkey, Sunny.
    Amz I replied to you on another thread but you know we always look out for you on here. Stay positive and you will soon be rocking those new dresses
    I am going to attempt another extended fast tomorrow as I have a late meeting .
    All the very best to you all xx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

For full disclosure purposes, I should say that first part of me vis a vis tummy is assessed after wrangling into foundation garment. If it was good enough for Anita Ekberg in La Dolce Vita (for younger folk, the inspiration for Jessica Rabbit… tho on reflection that is not recent), it’s good enough for me. Tho her’s was a real testament to quasi hydraulic support…the art of the corsetiere…I am so pleased to hear that “apron” is susceptible to getting smaller!

• posted by TheBudgie
    on

Hi six turkeys, I didn’t but I just went and looked thanks, your right as it’s clearly working.

Wendleg glad my little joke was got by at least one person, and can also add how great the Harry Potter studios are, I have been twice and would love to go again, though sadly no butter-beer if I do,

• posted by JGwen
    on

I now understand more about the aims of this weight lifting research program.
    What they are studying is the impact of a single, short, high intensity weight training session a week on women in the age range of 50 to 65.
    A lot of people are reluctant to commit to 3 trips to a gym a week to use the weight machines. The program with this trial is assess the impact a short work out once a week using just three weight machines but working to increase power with each workout has for health. :-
    6 minutes warm up on a cross trainer.
    Then you use the leg press machine. Its set to the maximum weight you can manage. For example if you can manage10 reps at 100kg, then the weight will be set to 110kg and you will do as many reps as you can achieve and the trainer will be there to encourage you to just try one more rep. So say you get to 6 reps and you feel like thats it, he will encourage you to do just one more. Then you rest for 2 minutes. Then another set of reps as many as you can manage. Another rest period for 2 minutes and then the 3rd set. – The aim is to build strength so you can get up to 10 reps at that weight and when you achieve that, the weight is increased to the next level.
    ———- The same process applies to the chest press. Then to the arm pull.
    Cool down is 6 minutes on either an exercise bike or treadmill.
    ———————-
    After 3 months of this we will have another full MoT to see what impact this training style has had. Then we will be split into 2 groups, one group will be given a free pass to the gym to exercise as they want for 3 months while the other group will have a break from weight training. Then another MoT. Then those who had the break from training will be given the free pass for 3 months and another MoT for everyone.

• posted by Bruiser
    on

Hi all, first time poster from Oz.
    I read last weeks thread, then the one before, and signed up simply so I could interact in this thread. Great idea for a thread…and for inspiration.
    I’m 42, been on a weight loss journey for a year. Two years ago I Was 128kg. Lost some weight by changing to a job where I Was on my feet all day, got to 120kg. Started getting serious November 2017 as my marriage was in it’s final throws. I was doing well until I started dating again. Got down to 102.3kg…didn’t manage to quite break the 100. I didn’t put all my weight back on but I stopped most of my good habits that were working for me. Crept up to 107kg. Recently started to work out again, then got a hernia, so have to stop exercising till it’s fixed. It’s a pretty bad one, doctors orders. I’m normally an all or nothing guy so started to go off the wagon again till I reread the Fast 800 and decided to give it a crack. Started at 105.9 on Monday, I’m 102.5 today. I know it’s largely water weight because it’s my first week, but it’s promising. I know I’ll drop heaps of weight at 800 calories. I’m 6’3 so I need more than most. Last night I had two beers and over ate by about 500 calories and still dropped 1/2 a kg. Has anyone else experienced that? I know 1300 calories is still under eating for a guy my size but I just found it encouraging.
    Thanks for all your stories, helped that extra little bit for a guy like me to kick things into gear and hopefully stick at it.
    My goal is 88kg. Depending on which guide you use it’s supposed to be the top of the ideal weight guide for my height. It’s not set in stone, I’ll plod along and see what happens. I’d like to not have a beer gut when I stand side on in the mirror. That’d be a nice start.
    Cheers.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks for checking on me, Wendleg. I’m glad of the anonymity of this forum as I don’t think I would have the courage to be so open otherwise. Unfortunately, I’m not doing very well – I’ve been off my meds for a week due to medication complications and I’m under water and desperate for help. The US sucks for mental health support but I pushed and pushed to see my doctor today. She wants to put me in hospital but we’ve agreed to try another medication while we wait for my psych appointment. Because of the chemical imbalance in me, my body is craving seratonin hence carb cravings so my doctor wants me to add a half cup of good carbs to every meal (oatmeal, sweet potato, beets) because it’ll take about 4 weeks for the meds to kick in. That makes me super nervous and I’m battling with myself over taking care of my mental health versus losing weight. I’m not really in a good position to make decisions right now so I’m at a bit of a loss. I have decided to scale back TRE to 10 hours instead of 8 as I think that was adding another level of stress.
    Sorry everyone – I feel like my posts are always “woe is me” but I do appreciate the support and hope I can get to the position of being able to return the favor.

• posted by Cheshire59
    on

Hi,
    Today, I start my week1 of the 800BSD. I had intended to start on Tuesday but I didn’t, the usual reasons I guess, one of which is falling in line with what others are doing. I need to be a little more focused for myself, which is hard even to type….
    I am 60, 16stone 8lbs, Metformin Diabetic, high blood pressure, cholesterol etc…
    The idea of one week at a time, which this forum seems to support, seems a great idea.
    I’ll drop inline with your Tuesday start dates going forward if that’s OK.
    Week 1 = 16stone 8ibs (sorry for the old money)

Best wishes to all!

• posted by Cheshire59
    on

Hi,
    Today, I start my week1 of the 800BSD. I had intended to start on Tuesday but I didn’t, the usual reasons I guess, one of which is falling in line with what others are doing. I need to be a little more focused for myself, which is hard even to type….
    I am 60, 16stone 8lbs, Metformin Diabetic, high blood pressure, cholesterol etc…
    The idea of one week at a time, which this forum seems to support, seems a great idea.
    I’ll drop inline with your Tuesday start dates going forward of that’s OK.
    Week 1 = 16stone 8ibs (sorry for the old money)

Best wishes to all!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome to you Bruiser – promising start made, but I would caution on the alcohol, because of the stress this puts on the liver, it really does hinder weight loss. If you can’t pull the calories down to 800, be sure to keep an eagle eye on the carbs, but please do give the 800cals a chance. It seems unbelievable that someone of 6’3″ can survive on that small intake, but it is actually more than possible. Do keep us posted, shout out if you need support and we’ll be here to celebrate the wins – both on and off the scales.

Kafin – firstly, this is absolutely the right place to come to vent and we have no problem with you sharing your issues and are happy to offer what support we can. So sorry that you are travelling a rough road at the moment. Right now, I personally think it is more important to take care of your mental health issues, then once you are in a stronger emotional place, you will be better able to address your weight concerns. It’s a difficult decision and obviously one you need to take for yourself, but mind set is hugely important in implementing this way of eating and perhaps you are not currently in the best place to take this on right now. Whatever your decision, please do stay with the forum, as we’ll happily offer what support we can.

Welcome Cheshire – lots of us work in old money, so no apology needed. Glad that you are now ready to make a start on your new way of eating and we’ll be very happy to walk the road with you. Don’t worry about being a day adrift, it makes no odds and is not important – just keep posting and letting us know how you’re progressing. Shout is you need any input and someone will be along to offer advice.

Best wishes to all three of you and I’m looking forward to reading about your progress.

• posted by kittykatnz
    on

Hi All,
    I had a job interview yesterday and I took a day off sick (naughty) and chilled out. I was so happy, I tried on my favourite skirt which last time I couldn’t get anywhere close to zipping up, it zipped up and was comfy! I could do up all three buttons on my trench coat which I’ve been wearing undone for ages as it wouldn’t do up AND I tried on a tshirt which was snug in December and it was loose and looked lovely. So positive boost for me! I ended up buying a new dress which was still a little snug around the belly but I felt fab in it.

Another 300g down today, I’m consistently discarding around this amount daily but I’m only on week 2 so I know this may change in the near future. I’m super excited about this WOE, I’m eating more vegetables than I have in years, I can have (in moderation) my favourite cheeses and TRE has become natural, I’m not hungry at all. I need to make sure I weigh my food a bit more regularly as I’m guestimating occasionally which can be dangerous. But I’m still discarding so I’m ok with that at the moment. I’m tracking things on MFP and my carbs have been between 17g-50g with around 25g being the average.

I downloaded an app called Happy Scale which for daily weighers also does the moving average smoothing. It’s also got some great things on milestones and predictions of weight by a specific date. As I’m leaving for NZ for my brothers wedding on the 10th April it’s nice to think that I might be 81kg by then! If so, that would be another stone lost in 4 weeks.

I hope everyone is having a good day. 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, everyone! It cheers me greatly to find new members joining us each day 🙂 A warm welcome to you, Cheshire, Bruiser,
    and keflin! Our family continues to grow, and it’s the place to be to share successes and concerns. We’re always
    “party ready” and delighted to share your discoveries!

Bruiser, I know that this may not be the best news, but beer is just about the worst carb out there, and there is a
    reason that it is referred to as “liquid bread”. 🙂 Do your best to avoid it if you can…

Keflin, I feel for you, having depression to cope with. I know how debilitating it can be, from prior experience.
    I’m relieved that a proper Dr. from the psychiatric field will be attending to you very soon. Lean on us, and try
    to take it one day at a time until you are prescribed the best meds to help you through this difficult time in your
    life. Most of all, be gentle with yourself!

Cheshire, I always have a special place in my heart for “ladies with lots to lose”, because prior to this WOE, I
    was one of you. This eating plan changes all of that, and I’d be delighted to share my story with you anytime!
    It begins…”Once upon a time, I weighed 20St5lbs”….

Good day, all 🙂 🙂 🙂

Allie

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Kanfin , I’m really sorry to hear what your coping with at the moment. I’m new to this forum but I get the strong feeling that we’re here for each other through thick and thin. Share as much as you want and don’t feel like we’re not listening. You are absolutely right that anonymity makes it easier to share. I’m a really good listen. Like others have said, foremost be kind to yourself. I don’t know you history with this WOE but guess your not here for a quick fix. So, will it make a difference if you change the way you eat for a few weeks? Not dissimilar to going on holiday and relaxing the rules a bit with a glass of wine and the odd ice cream with the full knowledge that you may put on a little but you know your going to lose it later. Can you try the extra carbs for just 1 day. Please reach out when you need to.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am Weary Wendleg after late meetings tonight so I am just checking in briefly . I just wanted to reach out on behalf of the thread ( as Allie and others have done) to Kafin13. We hope we can provide a safe space for you to express any fears and doubts and we will do our very best to support you.

I agree with Sunny . It seems it would be too much to deal with right now , finding appropriate medication and at the same time radically changing your way of eating. Maybe make a few small changes, cutting out sugar, refined and processed foods without going totally low carb ? You don’t need to put extra pressure on yourself right now. Keep following the forum, post whenever you want to and hopefully when you have found a balance with your medication, in a few weeks time , you will be feeling better and the changes will be less stressful.

We sincerely hope you feel better soon and you can get the medical support you need. So many wonderful people on this forum, shout out whenever you feel the need and we will be there .

• posted by wendleg
    on

Please bear with me …I promise to catch up with everyone tomorrow (Bruiser, Cheshire, kittykat and all the lovely members on this thread)

Need an early night ! xx

• posted by Ria-tor
    on

Hi everyone

Kafin13 hope you are able to get sorted and feel better.

Shellbob44 and Skipping through the tulips thank you for the reassurance all this tracking gets easier, definitely need to hear that.

Wendleg, thanks, I will keep it simple, that’s one of the reasons I decided not to repeat the 1st weeks menu plan in the book as I needed something simpler. Hope you are getting some much needed rest.

I spent all day yesterday looking up simpler meal ideas and inputting into my tracker app. Off grocery shopping now, have brought my water bottle and a packed lunch with me.
    Take care all
    Toria

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Morning everyone,
    In particular Kafin13, I hope the love and positivity on this thread has wrapped you up in a warm embrace. We will walk the road with you, whenever you need us 💜 You are owning your illness by tackling it head on. Our son is quite unwell at the moment but is refusing to engage with any help, including from us, it is heart-breaking.

That said, I feel so supported by everyone here that I feel its OK to celebrate my successes despite the other huge issues in my life. I can’t actually believe this is working, and i sincerely believe that the support I’ve found here is key, thankyou.

I wanted to share my joy with you all at my continuing whooshing, I’ve dropped another 0.5 kg overnight and another inch off my waist and tummy. So I am now just 100g off 10 kg (22 lbs) my initial halfway point. In total I have dropped 5″ from my bust (mostly from my back boobs 🤣) 3″ from my waist 4″ from my belly.
    I have been putting it off but I think I might treat myself to a little shopping trip today 😊

• posted by Busybee
    on

I’m late on parade this week – busy, busy!
    At long last I have managed to avoid the white stuff and have lost 6lbs! Obviously I’m delighted but realise that most of that will be fluid due to the frequent loo visits.
    I would love to lose another couple of pounds before we go away in 10 days which would give a little more wriggle room.
    Have a good/better week everyone.
    B X

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Shellbob – AMAZING! And enjoy your shopping trip (don’t go too mad though as at this rate you’ll be looking at another one in the near future!). I am staying away from scales until next week, to hopefully see a no ifs no buts 12st, though this morning I did try on a size 14 skirt I had kept hold of. Zipped all the way up – still a bit snug and some “overflow” round the waist band but last worn 5 years ago (I am not that great on de-cluttering…)! Hope everyone has a great weekend and targets, big or small, and whether scales, measurements or bloods, get that bit closer.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Shellbob – huge well done and you definitely deserve your shopping trip. Charity shops are a great place to buy while still losing, but treating yourself to something really special is an excellent way to reward yourself for all your effort. Also wanted to send a virtual hug, as it sounds like life is not plain sailing for you at the moment, with your concerns about your son.
    Busybee – 6lb is a brilliant result, stay focused and those extra 2lb will disappear in time for your holiday I’m sure.
    turkeys – you’ll be in that skirt and rocking it with no overflow very soon I’m sure. Decluttering doesn’t always pay does it?
    I’m still looking to gain that wriggle room and being lazy about it! Have people staying this w/e, so there will be a drink or two, but will keep things on a tight rein. Wishing a good w/e to one and all.

Please log in or register to post a reply.