ONE WEEK AT A TIME Make a pledge for a week !! beginning 12 th November 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hello Sunshine girl, I’m so very sorry to hear of your husbands situation with A-fib. My OH had severe atrial fibrillation several years ago and was on an extensive drug regimen to control it. He was also apprehensive about exercise and So I understand that problem and how limiting it can be.
    I am replying because you mentioned that the doctors have stated that this is a lifetime thing and there is nothing to do but continue the drugs.
    That may not be true — my OH was treated at Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto California with a procedure that “burns” the area of the heart muscle where the overactive stimulation is coming from. At the time it was brand new technology but it is fairly routine now and we have other friends who were also successfully treated.
    My OH had to do the procedure two times but the second time did the trick and he is 100% ok and takes no drugs for it anymore.
    The procedure is basically a “wire” that is pushed up into a groin artery and into the heart where the wire “burns” the overactive area. It takes about three hours. Recovery is about a month and my OH is able to ski, hike, run and has no further symptoms.
    If you cannot get this treatment in France, I recommend trying to get it in the US. I know it would be expensive but it is brilliant and works very well. Or maybe it is available there or in the UK for a price (private doctor/hospital?)

• posted by Verano
    on

Poster reported

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just checking in on Sunday evening and hoping everyone is feeling focused and positive as our first Weekly pledge will be ending soon. I am definitely missing my chocolate fix but will continue for a couple more days. I am then going to give up nuts for a Week 😉
    I have definitely felt I can’t let the side down 😉 and no choc chomping has been allowed. The scales are moving again and I suspect I have been in choccy denial for quite some time.
    Scottishgal, how are you ? I don’t like it when you go quiet ! Merry and El our lovely Aussies how’s it going ? Izzy you have made a good start …let us know how you are doing.
    6T …how is your week going ? Crikey, we will soon be in turkey season again !
    Hi Jennie10…I think you are in maintenance ? Is it going well ?
    Are you managing to stay on track LesleyLondon ?
    Happyitsworking….are you happy with your week so far ?
    Hi KKatie : Check in with us ?
    What about you, Butterlover ? I hope your week continued to go well
    Interesting info from Californiagirl, SG….I wonder if your hubby could get that treatment in France ?
    Birdy…don’t stray too far from us, we miss your chirpy energy 😉
    Hi to Allie, Kazz, JGwen V, SunnyB and caronl 😉 You are our support network xx

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Wendleg Congrats on resisting the dark temptress aka chocolate. I am still hanging in there – one wobble on Wednesday, but otherwise wine-free. I plan to build on this next week by ditching the other great weakness – salted peanuts….. One vice at a time! Have a good week. And thank you for keeping us all on our toes! xx

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Wendy, congrats from me too on just saying *no* to chocolate. And to you Caronl for resisting the wine! I made it through to Saturday night with 10 alcohol free days, and broke my “fast” on Saturday night at dinner with friends as planned.
    Well done to everyone on their pledges this week – wobbles or no! We can do this!
    Beautiful sunny Melbourne Monday morning, as I think about what I will post for my pledge in the coming week. Mmmm.
    Merry

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Birdy! Great to see you 🐦🐥 And good to hear scales are positive – but you know not to worry about them!! 🙂
    You garden sounds huge – a good work-out without leaving home. I have been in my garden this morning – perfect day for it with sun and mild temps before a bit of heating up in the middle of this week. My one year old passionfruit is setting it’s first crop and I am so looking forward to tasting them! A while away yet – so I just admire them as I water.
    Huge congrats for your 2-months plus ciggie free! I bet you felt your lungs appreciating it during your garden workout. I know when I stopped that it was a delight not to run out of puff. Well done Birdy!! 🥇🥇🥇

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, not 100% good as I couldn’t resist wine on Saturday – difficult when you have been invited for aperos which usually just means drinks and nibbles. At least the nibbles were low carb as our host also follows this diet.

Thanks for the info C-G. Not sure it is available here but worse than that I asked hubby what the doctor said he had and he didn’t really know, just that he has been put on 100% i.e. free treatment and drugs for a ‘life-long condition’, much the same as I have for diabetes. I will speak to the doctor when I go for my check up in December mainly because hubby’s French is not great, he tends to nod and smile and then say he didn’t quite catch what was said.

Back to being really good for the coming week. Weight loss so far in November, 3/4 lb. Hey ho.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hello lovely people❤️ Talk about motivated Monday 😂. I feel energised and raring to go!! Don’t know what has got into me😂😂. SG men never get the full story, lucky he has you to double check and I hope he will benefit from his new medication.

Merry thank you I am very lucky the scales have been moving down rather than up over the last week. I knew I would gain weight when I stopped smoking, but the real gain is my health so I have not beaten myself up about being bad for a month or two🤗🤗. Yes I have a lot more puff now and find myself walking at a faster pace! I noticed it today when I walked from the car park to the opticians 😂. Just call me storming Norman 😂❤️ I have really missed being in here😘.

Wendy that is a great loss hun💞. I think the longer we are kinder to our bodies and feed them all the good stuff the more efficient they become. So it is no wonder you are still losing and it is no wonder that dear Allie lost 10stone. I believe our bodies learn to zap all the unwanted fluid out the more we put decent food in. Well that’s my take on it anyway😂😘. So back to my motivated Monday😂. So I have got up and cleared the fridge of any bad debris ready for my shop! Then I went to the opticians to sort my contacts out and then went to my happy place to refill my fridge with local organic products! I don’t know wether I mentioned it before but I have found a farm and farm shop just 3 miles from my house and they have seasonal organic vegetables and ethical meat and raw milk and other raw products ❤️❤️❤️ I am not bothered so much about the organic side(it is just a bonus) but what I do love is that nothing is forced and they only have seasonal and local veg. It is awesome and they have a well and natural spring and I fill my two 5 ltr bottles up and donate 25p per litre for the up keep. So bottled water and it is cheap😂😂 Today I bought Cavolo Nero so I can try my hand at kale crisps! I have never done it before but Wendy has pointed me in the right direction💪. I am off to walk my dogs now and then when my boy gets home we are going to the gym! I think a little work out then a swim 🏊‍♂️. I hope you are all well and you know what you want to pledge this week! I know what I am going to pledge. Good luck to us all! Love and hugs Birdy💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well folks it is Monday 5pm here and I consider my pledge has been honoured as I began a week ago so I celebrated with a couple of squares of 99% Lindt. It’s very thin , very very dark and it hits the spot ! I am not going to scoff the choc as before.I am going to treat it with respect …

Well done everyone …..we managed the Week . No worries about the occasional wobble.
    Shall we keep going ?
    I pledge to give up nuts from Tuesday 19th November
    I will set up a new weekly pledge thread xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Huge well done to all who managed a whole week on their pledge. I confess I didn’t keep my pledge yesterday, but I’m happy that I managed Monday to Saturday and today too. To those, who like me wobbled, take heart that you have done something really positive for yourself this last week and hopefully you be pledging again for the coming week.

My pledge for the coming week will need a little thought, so I will have a ponder and make a new pledge on the new thread later this evening.

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi everyone, well after losing 12 kilos a couple of years ago I am now not proud to say I’ve put 6 of them back on..😕 I can’t believe how stupid I’ve been to myself..I started on the blood sugar diet and followed all the rules of a low carb diet, then something in my head decided stuff it eat what u want and enjoy!! The trouble is I didn’t enjoy.I felt horrible and fat..So here I am back with my tail between my legs and feeling crap..I am now pledging to myself and you great people..(oh yes I’ve been lurking and reading all your helpful hints)that I’m going to stick with this WOE..I know it works and can’t let myself go back to face the carb monster again..sooo if u will have me I’m going to kick the carb monsters butt.
    Waitaminute ☺️

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Waitaminute, we have all been there and done that to one level or another. I lost 2st and gained 1st back and now struggling to get back on track. This is a weekly thread so you might want to go over to the one called One Week At….. Beginning 19th Nov. Good luck

• posted by wendleg
    on

Welcome back waitaminute !
    Not a minute to waste though…..just get back on it…..forget the past and look ahead. You know what to do …it works. As sunshinegirl says, come and join us on the Weekly Pledge thead ? Can you keep a journal to keep yourself on track ? That really helped me at the start until the habits get established .xx

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Thank u all ☺️I most definitely will join u in the weekly pledge..let’s do this !!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.