ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning May 28th 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Sorry Scottishgal, will end the conversation here.

One hint though for those discussing an allergic reaction to being bitten. – Research shows that our bodies need Omega 3 to help it shut down a histamine reaction to anything we are allergic to. – Increasing levels of linseed (or flax to those across the pond) in the diet, or oily fish on a BSD diet could be helping with that.

Hope that is close enough to being on topic for people.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Kafin, hold those thoughts! I had another try with the new email address; again just rebuffed. so have (I think..) just created, using the suggested superfluous bells and whistles, six[6!!]turkeys[gobble??!!??]bsdATgmail???+++.com. Have I just been stupid before just using outlookXXXYYYYY!!!!? to try and emailXXXXAAAABob and how do I actually access g££&&mooai..l. Cat and dog pic exchange with you and Wendleg wld be great! Why is it so easy for everyone else?

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I just sent an email to the address you created so hopefully it gets there!

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

I’m sorry beegirl. I didn’t realise my earlier post sounded so harsh. I typed it up quickly before going out. Of course you can still mention bees. It is after all your beloved passion. And it’s good to get to know people on here on an individual basis including things that interest them. I know the forum is not just about food. I guess this morning I just felt there was so much detail being posted and thought it would be better in a thread of it’s own. I hope I didn’t offend you in any way.
    So glad it all went well for you being back at work Wendy and it must have been a great feeling receiving all the compliments. Well done.
    Good to see you back posting again Kafin and I’m pleased you’re enjoying the contact with Wendy and it’s helping you.
    I finally received my breathalyser today after a long wait. And today was the best day for me as I’ve only had 30g carbs so assumed I’d be in ketosis tonight. However, can’t get the damn thing to register anything. My son has been trying to help me, then laughing at me for being so hopeless at it before losing the rag with me. I just can’t seem to be able to blow breath for long enough. I’ve watched the video posted on here a few weeks ago but still struggling lol. He’s now taken the batteries back for the remote control. I’ll need to buy new batteries tomorrow and try harder…..

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Scottishgal – I bought one too although wasn’t able to get the one JGwen recommended. I need batteries and then I’ll try it tomorrow – I figure the science of it will keep me interested and hopefully on track! I don’t actually knwo what reading I’m supposed to be looking for though – anyone???

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi guys just to let you know I have started next weeks thread. Hope to see you all over there. One week at a time starting the 4th of June 👍🥰

Kafin you need the mg/l reading and anything at ,1 and above you are in Ketosis. Well that is what I have been using. When I am being really good I get .54 but I am usually hovering around .36 to .40. Hope that helps but JGwen knows more than me. Lovely to see you on and posting. I do hope your email works with 6T🌈💞🦜

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Arcticfox – I just want to say thank you for the link you posted from Dr Unwin. I just sat down and watched it and it’s all so helpful.. Plus, as an experiment, I did the GRIN exercise as it relates to weight loss (although I could do one for many areas of my life and that might be a next step!) and sent it to my therapist for us to go over. Thank you, it was really helpful!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    I’ve had a fairly good couple of days, doing some time restricted eating and sticking to plan, although still eating a fair bit. I made palak paneer yesterday to have for lunches during the week. I had a mild return of some of my vestibular symptoms over the weekend, but they seem to have settled down for now.
    On a mission – I have a pretty well documented history of being iron and b12 deficient, so I have a pretty good idea that when I start to feel exhausted, have problems with sleep and binge on carbs non-stop that it is my iron and/or b12 levels causing the problem. I rarely bother to get tested anymore because I’m at very little risk of being too high given the low levels I consume in my diet and the amount of blood loss I have each month, and my current GP is very supportive of me being on the supplements long term, if not all the time. I just take ferrous gluconate and b12 for a few weeks and usually I start to feel better so I know that was the issue. I’m terrible at remembering to take tablets, so I always fall off the wagon at some point though. It’s always a good idea to get tested if you are not sure that iron deficiency is causing fatigue as taking iron when you don’t need it can be quite dangerous. The best test for iron deficiency is serum ferritin, and I have to ask my GP specifically to order it as they usually just want to do hemoglobin, and that doesn’t work at all for me because as a former endurance athlete, my hemoglobin tends towards the upper end of the normal range if I have enough iron, so I still fall within the normal range even when I’m low for me and functionally iron deficient. As b12 is a water soluble vitamin, it is less dangerous to supplement, as you will just pee it out if you take too much. The normal test for b12 only gives a reading of how much b12 you have in your body, not the amount that is available to be used by various systems in your body, so it is not a great test. I knew I was getting low this time as in addition to the fatigue, I also developed a bit of peripheral neuropathy and a sore and swollen tongue, which are both symptoms of b12 deficiency. They are going away now that I’ve been on the supplement for a few weeks.
    Kafin – I’m glad you found the video helpful. It sounds like you’re taking some great steps in the right direction.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, glad everyone is ‘coping’ well. Dont hear many declarations of weight loss so not sure if you are all on maintenance. I have lost 1.5lbs since Thursday and it would have been 2.5 if I hadn’t cheated with wine. Yesterday I was super good and thought it would make up for the weekend but my body just laughed at me saying, ‘thought you’d got away with it but I am not happy with you’. So I truly am 100% committed now. Although I have lost weight I am feeling like the weekly thread for me is a bit like the confessional – diet, fail, okay so next week I will do better – move on. I know it is good to move on when things have not worked out as you would wish but not willing to continue making the same mistakes. So will see you all on next weeks thread and put in a lot more effort.

Please log in or register to post a reply.