ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning June 18th 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Yes I have a laptop with a keyboard. With letters and numbers and punctuation marks. Is that not enough nowadays??What are those three little frog faces at the end of your message?

• posted by Kafin13
    on

6T – hold down the windows key with the semi-colon and it should show you an emoji menu 😊😬😆🌺🌴

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Oh dear 6T! Don’t be so spiky, of course it is enough but text can be misconstrued so easily as there is no emotion in it, and that is why we use emojis. It is a way of expressing, humour😂, gratitude 🙏 and a whole lot more. They are not little frog 🐸 faces they are a smiley face laughing so hard he is crying 😂😂. It is what it is, progression and we all love a bit of colour. ❤️❤️❤️. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Kafin I love ❤️ Your humour 😂 the way you explain things I can actually see the mean old buzzard😂. You make me laugh so hard🤣🤣. I love it. I know what you mean about people pointing out the obvious though🙄🙄🙄. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I’m maintaining words.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Making you laugh has made my day Birdy! And she was a mean old buzzard!!!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

to prove the point, the “emoji” for gratitude, as above, is not immediately obvious… What’s wrong with just saying “thank you”?

• posted by Elky
    on

Good morning everyone 🙂

Kafin, you made me laugh too with your comments on your step-grandmother, and I must admit I immediately thought that you had the last laugh because you’re still here and she’s not!! So <dusts hands together> that’s her sorted!!

Birdy, I really take my hat off to you sticking to fasting when people around you are cooking bacon, I would not have that kind of discipline. There are some food smells that I cannot resist, and cooking bacon is one of them. Well done you! May the scales and/or tape measure – your choice – reward you.

BeeGirl you’ve had amazing success with this, well done. You must be so pleased. You’re an inspiration 🙂

6T, I laughed when you quoted the judge asking “What are the beetles?” – I’m sorry if you’re frustrated but I did find it funny. Oh dear I think I’m going to call them that for a while now, at least in my head…

In terms of the separate thread on fasting, I don’t mind either way. I am trying to routinely do OMAD – except on weekends – and am aiming for a couple of alternate day fasts a week, though that doesn’t always work, so I guess I’m guilty of cluttering up the “normal” thread with fasting chatter. I don’t routinely check most threads, I just jump into this one to catch up on how everyone’s getting along and chat a little bit. But if the fasting chatter is off putting to people I’d be happy for it to move to a separate thread, I absolutely agree it’s not a key part of this WOE. I am interested in other people’s experience with fasting though so I’d kind of like to be able to keep a discussion here somewhere. Just my two cents worth.

btw, thank you so much Wendy for that list of acronyms. That’s really helpful. I’m still learning the protocol here but is that the kind of thing that should be copied to a “keeper” thread like “Take a Look at this”? It really is very useful and I’d like to be able to refer to it again without having to remember that it was in this week that it appeared. But like I say, I’m not yet quite sure of the rules for what goes where 🙂

That’s it for me, I think – off to make a cup of (black, unsweetened lol) coffee. Have a grand day everyone,
    Elky

• posted by Amz the Beautiful
    on

I’m here, but I caught a cold. My immune system sucks! 😭

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi Amz, I’m really sorry to hear that you’re not well, hope you feel better soon.

But yay for checking in 🙂

Take care of yourself,
    Elky

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Thank you for all the kind replies to my (somewhat embarrassing) disclosure about bulimia — I appreciate it, I was afraid to come back on the forums to read the replies LOL! Shouldn’t have worried.
    Kafin, your nasty step grandma is in her proper place. I laughed out loud when I read that — my lovely mother never failed to pinch the fat around my waist when she put her arm around me to say “hello” — motherly love, ahem!
    Bee girl, you are on track! Just remain calm and don’t worry!
    Amz, hope you are better soon.
    Have a lovely day all.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Oh, and regarding the discussions about fasting, I think they are very interesting — most people can probably understand that it is only an option if they want to pursue it.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good morning Amz, Elky and CG!
    What is OZ?
    I am still enjoying the bolognese and zucchini noodles as leftovers for lunches. Recipe is from the BSD cook book. Later this week I am making the Lamb Pot in the book.
    It is only 4:22 am here now but have had a full nights sleep .
    I also find it interesting to read about the fasting some of you are doing. Besides, this group has a hard time staying on one topic for one thread. I love it!

• posted by JGwen
    on

I saw a very interesting explanation on why its so important to drink lots of water yesterday. Apparently our kidneys need enough fluid to enable them to work to maximum efficiency. – If they don’t get enough fluid then our liver has to step in to take on some of the work normally done by the kidneys which means that the liver can not focus on processing fat for fuel. – How to tell if you are drinking enough water, the colour of your urine. Pale is good, the darker the colour the more dehydrated you are.

My opinion about discussing fasting is that I feel its a topic which may scare newcomers, I know when I started out I was thinking that cutting out carbs was extreme and could only face this change of eating patterns by thinking about it being short term. – However, as the new book incorporates TRE, its obviously a topic that new comers will be hearing about from the outset. Also, its not practical to enforce having a thread specifically for newcomers and a different thread for the old hands and block newcomers from reading the old hands thread, so we may as well embrace how wide ranging the discussion is.

I agree with someone who earlier said that fasting was an important stage in the process of reconnecting with physical hunger after years of emotional eating.

I am in awe of Birdy, I couldn’t manage to combine fasting with working in a cafe.

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Good morning everyone
    Do hope you are all well and pleased with your progress.
    Don’t laugh but I have introduced a new approach for myself for WOE. You see I live alone most of the time and realise that even if I have prepared a nice meal I have the radio on or am answering messages on my phone whilst eating it! I have just had a late breakfast and concentrated on what I was eating and drinking and found it rewarding. Am I losing the plot? Hope not 😉
    Sunderland

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi everyone.
    Thanks JGwen for the information on water intake and kidney function. That is really good to know, and will spur me on to keep up my intake.
    Violinist – not sure where you read it, but OZ usually refers to Australia. And we are sometimes referred to as Ozzies or Aussies.
    Hi Sunderland. I live alone too, and since starting this WOE I have tried to focus on the eating of my meals, as you are doing. Tasting each mouthful, taking small mouthfuls, and serving on a small plate. It’s psychological but it works for me and slows down my eating 😀 I’m waiting on a book from my library Keto for one Cookbook. Most books have meals for 2-4 servings, so I’m hoping for some ideas from this book.
    I had a day out with friends today and ate way too many carbs – but back on plan tomorrow!

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Sunderland, you definitely have hold of the WOE in a good way! What you found was another way of being mindful, keeping your attention on the meal you have prepared for you, giving you the time to appreciate your food.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks Merrymelba. I saw someone on this site use it

• posted by Violinist
    on

posted by Elky
    on 17 Jun 2019 at 23:28 Reply • Report post • permalink
    Good morning everyone, just popping in to say hi and catch up with everyone.
    Merry – posted a reply on breathalysers in Oz at the end of last week’s thread, just in case you missed it. Let me know what you decide to do!

Elky used it

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

As a newcomer, I can say that fasting chatter doesn’t deter me. But I have always been fascinating by fasters. Never had a chance to give it a proper go since I have heard of it as I was either pregnant or breastfeeding. Now that those days are gone I look fwd to giving it a go!
    This is only my 4th day on the fast 800 although for the first 2 days I hadn’t read the book yet so my calories included quite a bit a of carbs.
    I assume I’m not in ketosis yet 😅
    I managed an 18hr fast from last night to lunch at 2pm and found it surprisingly easy. I wasn’t even hungry…!

• posted by Caroline D
    on

Hi. I’m Caroline and I’m in week 2 of the BSD which I am doing with my hubby ( the nurse advised him to do it as he is very overweight) but I need to lose a couple of stone myself.
    We both lost around 3.3-5 kg in week 1😀.
    I made a note of a recipe I liked the look of with the calorie count but I can’t find it now. Thought I’d made it up but someone else has mentioned it on here, so can anyone tell me where to find it please? Steak with peppercorn sauce. Thanks.

on

5kg in one week!!! That’s amazing, well done! 🙂
    I’m hoping for 4kg in 2 weeks and 12kg in 8 weeks would be fantastic 🤞

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Sunderland, another regular poster on here, Duckie (tho sadly not as regular as before – hope all well Duckie!) also said how she makes a point of eating her yoghurt and berries from a little cut crystal dish, to make it extra special and something to savour. A good tip! Hello to newbies! Today I am wearing my size 12 jeans; done up and in public (well, Tescos at least..)!! Little-happy-face-picture-thingy!! Still bit tight round the waist, but it has the advantage that I have to sit up straight at my desk, so good for posture too. Have a good day all.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Wendleg Just to say that I am joining you this week – and happy to say that Tuscan food and wine did not do too much damage!
    CarolineD, welcome to you and your husband and very best wishes for this new way of eating. http://www.dietdoctor.com is a very good source of recipes which give both the calorie and – more important – the carbohydrate count. There is also a recipe section on this website. Happy hunting!
    By the way, I have no strong feelings re reviving the old fasting thread, or keeping this as a broader thread.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi LouiseKangaroo
    Nice name! Are you in Oz too?
    You’ve made a great start with this WOE. We all discard weight at a different rate, and weight can go up and down through the week. 😃 A focus on only the scales sometimes doesn’t reflect your progress. A piece of clothing is often a better guide. A pair of pants 👖 that are now to tight will get looser as you go on. That’s a great feeling! – as 6Turkeys can attest to in her svelte size 12s! 😀

on

Haha I have plenty of those! I have a pair of pants that you slide on and at the moment they don’t stay stuck around the bum area and I need to wriggle a lot to get them past said bum.
    That will be a good measure of progress non scale related 😅😅
    (I’m in Melbourne too!)

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Afternoon everyone I am pleased that the general consensus is that you guys don’t mind us talking about fasting. It is a choice we have made for us and it does not mean everyone has to do it or even think about😉. I have just finished my fast and it lasted 66hrs. I was going to push it to 72hrs but I didn’t want to feel funny at work over night tonight. I have week off soon and I will try it then. JGwen I am always in awe of you, your knowledge and help, but thank you, I think I am so not interested in carbs anymore that the cafe and all is lovely home cooked fare just doesn’t bother me. Don’t get me wrong the smells are immense, but my discard and health are more important now.❤️🙏

Amz lovely to hear from you although you are not well 🤧 sending hugs xx

Newbies so lovely to read your enthusiastic posts and I am loving that you are both from Melbourne MM and LK I know it is a massive place, but wouldn’t it be funny if you realised you only lived around the corner from each other🤣🤣.

Caronl so glad you enjoyed Tuscany and very little damage was caused❤️

I have now eaten my halloumi salad with garlic mushrooms so I am going to take my full tummy and go for a nap before work tonight. Hope you all have a great afternoon, Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Hi MM, nice to hear from you. I agree with you about eating on your own which is sometimes tough for various reasons. Good luck with the new book. I am only a beginner on WOE so have a long way to get to your stage!

Sixturkeys, I haven’t quite got to the point of eating from a cut glass dish but good for Duckie….why not?
    Also, sixturkeys I am sure you felt and looked great in your size 12.jeans. I don’t remember ever being that size but I must have been when much younger but took it for granted. At the time nobody tells you that your body shape will change, do they?

Have taken on board the message about water, too. I have always had a problem with that but shall do my best now 😉

Btw do you have to subscribe to diet doctor for the recipes, please?

I hope you enjoy your evening ……
    Sunderland

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi Sunderland no you can get quite a few recipes from diet doctor without paying. I am about to embark on tying the top 30 available without subscription😉. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone. Another clinic visit today and it looks like it’s Buy 2 Get One Free as far as my ops are concerned !!! 🙁
    I have a large inguinal hernia which I have decided to get sorted next Week . I don’t want to be in the situation where I am stressing about it getting worse ( I should not have googled strangulated hernia !) September would not be the right time to disrupt school so that would mean putting off the procedure until January.I would rather get it done and out of the way.
    This op will be done as an outpatient so home the same evening. The recovery time should be fairly quick so I can enjoy Sardinia on the 9th July.

It will be fine and as I keep saying I will be a new woman by the time I retire !!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just to reassure 6T..the fasting duo of Birdleg completed the 66 hour extended fast at lunch time today with no ill effects whatsoever. 😉 Lunch was delicious. It’s only a once a month event for me. The shorter 24 or 36 hour fasts are often a part of my working Week and they are completely manageable.

Well done on your size 12 jeans victory.I have never worn anything size 12 in my life ! Respect !!

Amz…sorry you are feeling under the weather.Drink lots of herbal teas…lemon and ginger is soothing. Hope you feel better soon. Keep checking in with us .

I will respond to everyone more personally tomorrow. Bit weary here but I will have time at school while waiting for my last meeting at 6pm.

Love to everyone xx

• posted by BeeGirl
    on

Evening all.
    Thanks so much for the kind messages yesterday – I’m feeling much more positive today. Really need a good night sleep though as soooo tired at the moment!
    I’ve had such a fun day (well, after work!) but won’t bore you with the details – suffice to say it’s done me the power of good!
    Dinner tonight was chicken in a parmesan crumb from the new Fast800 recipe book; ’twas lovely.
    Wendleg – my husband has had two inguinal hernia repairs and the recovery was fine both times. I’m sure all will go well for you – he swears by taking arnica before surgery to reduce bruising (docs were amazed at no bruising after back surgery he had!).
    Amz – hope the cold is getting better!

• posted by Elky
    on

Good morning all, and welcome to the newbies!

Wendy, I am so sorry to hear that you are lining up for another op but it sounds like you’re in a really good mental place about it, which is great. And coming home the same evening is a huge bonus – any night not spent in a hospital bed is a good night! Fingers crossed for you!

Violinist, sorry about the confusion with “Oz” – I’m a demon for abbreviations and I sometimes forget that they’re not nearly as obvious as I think they are. Ooops!

Sunderland, Merry and others who live alone – I’m in that camp too and I completely agree about the importance of actually setting a table (or at least a place) to eat at, nice plates, etc. Part of it is I guess about mindful eating – not just shoving fuel in our gobs and racing out the door – so that we stop when we’re full, etc etc. But the other part of it, I think, is about self value. Sorry if this sounds a bit like I’m on a soap box, but I think it’s really important. When we live alone it’s easy to let things slip – from using the ratty old towels to eating out of the plastic container we microwaved the leftovers in while standing at the sink. OK, there are times when that’s the right thing to do – I’ve just come in from the garden and am filthy dirty so the old towel is the way to go to mop off the worst of the mud before I even get to the shower. But as a general rule, if I do that all the time it just tells me I don’t value myself as much as I value a visitor, who would *never* get the old towels. Or the meal in a plastic container LOL

A little bit of self care, or self love, goes a long way when we live alone. And the dignity of meals that are well presented – as well as tasty and healthy – is an important part of it. Even a nice glass for iced water on a fast day. I know there are a few people on this thread who have had depression issues in the past – I’m one of them – and sometimes we have days where just feeding ourselves is a win. On those days, we shouldn’t beat ourselves up if we eat out of the plastic container. But generally I think a bit of nice presentation goes a long way.

OK, soap box mode off 😊 And do please accept my apologies if I offended anyone with the above rant, I truly didn’t mean to. I’m sure there are some people who have perfectly fine self value and use the old towels, I don’t mean to offend you if that’s the case, I was just talking *generally*.

Merry, I’d be really interested to hear what you think of the keto for one cookbook when you get it. I agree the multiple servings thing is a problem – even if it was a really good meal I don’t necessarily want to eat it for the next 4 nights LOL

6T, I am so inspired – and OK envious lol – of your size 12 jeans. I honestly do not think I ever wore size 12. (I think it was JGwen who talked about inheriting her rugby playing father’s physique? Yep, I’m a bit in that camp too – what used to be kindly referred to as “big boned” lol) So 6T I hope you were dancing down the supermarket aisles in them!!

JGwen, that information on why water is so important was really useful. I had always been told it was vital but no one ever told me why, so I had kind of wondered if it was true. Yep, I now understand that it really is – so thank you!

BeeGirl, I haven’t tried that parmesan crumb but I think I’ll give it a go from your recommendation 😊

Gosh this is a long post, sorry all. Just one last thing from me, as it’s a little triumph, at least for me. Met with friends last night, one of whom has just returned from overseas with a new partner. So last night was both a catch up and a first meeting. Anyway, the plan was to just go to someone’s house and get takeaway. I didn’t want to be a party pooper, but I also didn’t want to eat takeaway Chinese and drink a lot. For obvious reasons! So in the end I grabbed a quick dinner at home and then just drank iced water and caught up with everyone while they ate the takeaway and drank the wine. And no one cared! And I didn’t feel deprived because I was full from my dinner!! (And I saved the money that I would have spent on the takeaway lol) This is an important lesson for me: no one cares about my “weird” WOE if I don’t make a fuss, and I can still enjoy a social engagement even if I’m not eating and/or drinking with everyone else. I just need to actually *remember* this lesson lol

And now I’ll stop talking!

Have a great day everyone,
    Elky

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I think that was a lovely post, Elky. I also live alone and am realizing from your words that in the same way that wouldn’t talk to anyone else the way I talk to myself, I also wouldn’t treat a guest in my home , the way I treat myself sometimes. So, thank you. I’m having one of my bad days (mentally not food wise) but I’m going to make the effort to make a nice dinner and serve it the way I deserve to receive it xx

• posted by Elky
    on

Kafin – yes, yes, that’s it exactly. Some of our self talk is awful, we really are sometimes hideous to ourselves. And I’m sorry to hear you’re having a bad day hon, I hope that anticipation of a lovely dinner makes it a teeny bit brighter. Reach out here if it helps, I think we’re almost in the same time zone, so I’ll be around until the rest of the world comes on line 🙂 Big hugs, Elky

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Well done Elky on your “take-away” triumph! You did it! And it all went perfectly.
    I’ll let you know about the book. It is by Dana Carpender and is American – so may not be so suited to Australian ingredients / food styles. I agree with your “soapbox” that we need to treat ourselves well! ❤ I am in my 60s so I often will use the “best” china for me – because who am I saving it for??!! 😊😊 And trying out new recipes – thanks BeeGirl – is all part of treating ourselves well.
    All the best Wendleg for your operation next week. And I hope you enjoy your nice dinner Kafin.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Elky – a very important post with some great observations. I was constantly feeling overwhelmed by the state of my flat. I kept feeling that because I was so busy with work and looking after my horse that I didn’t have time or energy to put into the effort of tidying up and decluttering. However, I was forced into it when I put it up for sale. It was a tremendous effort to get it done and I was exhausted physically for weeks after I completed it, but I have to say that it has been so much easier to keep clean now that there is less stuff around. Sure it takes some effort to do, and especially adds time to my morning routine as I make the bed pristine and sweep the kitchen floor before I leave, but it is so much more relaxing to come home to a tidy place. So even though it started out as keeping it tidy in case others came in, it really has turned into more of a self-care thing. I bought new towels to hang as I was using a checklist from an estate agent’s blog and buying new towels was one of the items to make your place look good for viewings. They said “no you can’t use them, only hang them up when peope are coming to view”, but I have been using the new towels because I don’t want to keep swaping them out every morning, and it feels so decadent to use nice fluffy ones for a change.
    I also managed to rock a social event this evening. It was a barbeque put on by one of the managers at work. I had to go and ride my horse first, so I was a bit late, so once I got there most people had finished eating and I just said I had eaten a late lunch (which was true – crazy day today!) and could I just get a glass of water as I was rather dehydrated after riding my horse. Then I nursed a glass of water for the rest of the evening and it was just fine. I had almost considered skipping it due to the concern over not being able to access food on plan, but I’m so glad I went as it was nice to catch up with colleagues that I hardly ever see, and nobody even remarked on me not eating.
    Wendy and Birdy – well done on your fast. The longest I’ve gone has been 40 hours and I haven’t done it in ages. I may join you next month. Not quite in the head space for that yet, but getting there. I am going to embark on an experiment for a couple of days where I eat only foods that are really quite low carb, high fibre, higher fat that shouldn’t spike my blood glucose levels and see what happens. I hooked my reader up to the computer and it created a lot more information and graphs that were really interesting. It gave me an estimated HbA1C of 31 which is really quite good, but I also noticed that sometimes my morning fasting blood glucose has been as high as 5.6 (ranges between 4.7 and 5.6 with average of 5.2), especially when I’ve had a late evening meal, so it would be nice to get that a bit lower. My list of foods includes nuts, cheese, eggs, spinach, rapini, chia seed, flax, bitter melon, coconut, avocado, olives, salad greens, sauerkraut, green bell pepper, zuchinni, kimchi, almond milk and cauliflower rice (found a frozen packet of this for convenience). Any suggestions anyone has for these ingredients would be much appreciated!

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

Quick question – are people following the advice in the Fast 800 literature and not counting non-starchy vegetables in their calories? Michael Moseley and his wife Clare say that the nutritional benefits outweigh any calories from such veg so should not be included. This has made my eating a whole lot easier and means I incorporate far more veg into my meals. However looking at the recipe book, some of the calorie counts on certain meals seem a little off and the only way they seem to add up is if you add veg in. Whether they are doing this just to keep followers of this WOE safe in terms of not accidentally exceeding 800…… I am going to stick to the labels of foods and MFP as accurate calorie counts but I do believe strongly in their excluding non-starchy veg.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, StrongCurves! Do you use one of the apps to calculate you calories and carbs each day? You will find that many of
    the Mosley’s recipes underestimate the calories by as much as 150 per serving. There are also ingredients in them that
    us insulin resistant types would never eat. A great many of us who have been successfully maintaining a significant
    weight loss for several years, use Mosley’s work as a point of departure only. A thread called “TAKE A LOOK AT THIS”
    will acquaint you with other giants in the arena. Our advice is predicated upon what we’ve picked up along the way to
    transforming our lives. Best wishes to you on your journey!

Allie

• posted by Elky
    on

Arcticfox, high five on your social event too! And you have inspired me to try to do decluttering in my “study” this weekend- it’s that room I just shut the door on most of the time because I don’t know where to start!!

Unfortunately I don’t have any great ideas for your menu, hopefully others will. Would some kind of cauliflower rice risotto work? So fry up some veggies (eg green peppers and zucchini), when lovely and soft add cauli rice (already cooked in microwave as per packet, not straight from freezer) and spinach just to wilt it and stir it up, then serve with Parmesan. Maybe some allowed liquid to bind it together a whisker when you add cauli? And maybe some black pepper if that’s allowed? (And salt.) I’ve done a cauli rice risotto with mushrooms and I really liked it. I’d do a cheese platter with the cheese and nuts and olives, but I could live on cheese lol. I guess you’re sick of omelettes and salads? Anyway I hope someone has good ideas!

Elky

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Birds, many thanks for that.
    Sunderland

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Wendleg, very best wishes for your op. next. Good idea to get it out of the way before your holiday in Sardinia. Where are you going? I used to live in Italy.
    Sunderland

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Kafin13, hope you enjoyed your dinner last night 😉
    Sunderland

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Wendleg, Very best wishes for your op next week. These things have become pretty routine, but still a nuisance! I had a bilateral hernia op a few years ago as an outpatient. Excuse the tmi, but I would recommend you have some Dulcolax or the like in house and use it after the op! Wishing you a speedy recovery. x

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

So I was working in the office (usually in a lab) and just binged on the sugary treats at the snack table. We have an American colleague who always brings junk when she visits which makes what I’m trying to do ten times harder.
    I feel god-awful right now. Have a history of binge eating disorder but was doing well up until today. It’s like a voice in my head telling me to give up, slow down, quit, asking if the fast 800 or 5:2 is really sustainable, will I skip starchy carbs and sweets much longer etc. Just feel horrendous at losing control 🙁

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

StrongCurves- don’t despair. That happened to me once in the kitchen at work whilst making a drink, my hand went into a box of chocolates and I ate 4 chocolates whilst waiting for the kettle to boil. I felt exactly the same as you do now. I didn’t even taste or enjoy them. Draw a line under the unfortunate incident and if you’re like me you won’t do it again because you will remember how bad you feel now and it just isn’t worth it. This way of eating is sustainable but guess what, we have all done what you did today and then realised how bad we felt and just carried on. Dust yourself down and keep going. It has probably done you good because you now know how bad you feel about it and will remember to say no next time. You will soon get used to saying ”no thank you” when offered something you know isn’t BSD friendly. Don’t beat yourself up about what happened. I haven’t been in the biscuit cupboard at work since January 2017- nobody notices or cares!

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

Thank you so much for your reply. You’re quite right. This has happened to me in the past but these days I do tend to stop earlier.
    This WOE is giving me hope and I’m glad to not be the only one who has struggled!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Oh my gosh guys you have nothing to worry about, I made sooooo many mistakes in the beginning and binged on foods I wasn’t supposed to! Mini Iaffa cakes and Oreos!! But 12 weeks in and it really has turned into a Way Of Life now and it will for you guys. Don’t get me wrong I have a drink when I go out and I sometimes snack on 90-100% chocolate but I know if I go a bit over I can rectify it. I know abstinence is better but we are human and we have had this crutch for carbs and sugar a lot lot longer than we have been on this woe! Even people maintaining for years had their habit a lot longer than they have been on this woe. So please just put it all in your apps, don’t worry and you know tomorrow you will be back on track. My fast has led to a 4lb discard this week. It was 7lbs but I understand that it is probably all the water in my system😂😂. We are all here for and we are cheering you on. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by alliecat
    on

StrongCurves, you have felt the full strength of the people on this forum who are looking out for you! We are in no way a
    judgemental group. Just brush yourself off and get straight back to your plan for the very next meal. The BSD is very
    forgiving. I come from a different perspective because I’ve been at this WOE for 3 years. The longer that you are able to
    resist these things that you currently perceive as treats, the sooner you will lose any taste for them. It does take time
    and practice to get to this stage, but it really is the key to keeping the weight off when you have reached your goals. In
    the meantime, you have us to remain “the wind beneath your wings”. Do it one day at a time, or one meal at a time,
    and you will get there.

Allie

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

Thank you Allie and Birdy for your kind words. It’s lovely to know there is support and that tomorrow is another day! Also reminds me that to keep trying is to never give up for the long run.

Please log in or register to post a reply.