ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning June 18th 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks Birdy for doing a magnificent job hosting the weekly thread ( initiated by Verano and also lovingly hosted previously by Allie and Sunny B) . Here we are again, our merry band of totally fabulous BSDers…..providing support and encouragement ( and gentle nagging 😉 whatever stage you are at. Feel free to join us and you will be a guaranteed a very warm welcome…

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hi Wedleg! I am with you!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Violinist ( Cat ?) 😉

Good to see you here. Well done on your latest results ! I know you have your own personal accountability thread but we would love to see you on the weekly thread too !
    xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Wow another Tuesday on the horizon. Sorry I shan’t be joining you all this week but I’ll be back! Have a successful week everyone

• posted by wendleg
    on

Come back soon, V ! Enjoy your Week xx

• posted by Violinist
    on

I will be her Wedleg!

Cat

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Good evening Wendy, no problem and great to see you back at the helm❤️🤗.

Yes here we are at the beginning of a new week and I am starting it off with a fast😊. The ball is only 6 days away and want to be able to shake my tail feathers all night long😂😂

See you all tomorrow and good luck to all of you for the week ahead💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Wendy, great you are back. Birdy, you have kept us all going in the last few weeks.
    I have been staying around 80kg for the last three weeks so I have decided to take the hint and maintain this.
    I will eat low carb but with increasing portion size, and fast once a week. My bmi healthy range is from 83kg.

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

Another Tuesday and a new start to the week for my Fast 800. Meal planning in progress, looking forward to trying new recipes in the new book!

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Hello Everyone, I only joined yesterday so am pleased to see there is a new thread for the new week.
    Sunderland

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello

Thanks for setting up this thread Wendleg and for the warm invitation to join in.
    After a brief time away from posting and taking time to be kind to myself I am ready to get back to BSD and the encouragement of my fellow BSDers. I have been away for a week in Turkey and have had a well needed rest and time to think. This WOE is the only way for me to keep my weight in control. I have not dared to get on the scales since I only got back last night and I know that I will be a lot heavier than I was before my holiday. That doesn’t matter as tomorrow is the start of me trying to get my head in the right place to continue my BSD journey and i think that one week at a time will be the perfect thread for me. Many of you know me as I have been an active member of the Forum since I started in January 2017. I’ve found maintenance hard and the pounds have slowly crept on over the course of this year. Anyway, my aim is to be back at goal by November time which will be my two year anniversary of getting to goal. I have had time to reflect this last couple of weeks and I am not allowing the scales to dominate. My plan for this week is to get back to strict BSD as well as a fast at least once this week- I will fast on Sunday and that will give me time to hopefully get into ketosis.
    I will enjoy reading about how everyone does this week. Good luck everyone for the week ahead.
    Birdy- you have lost an incredible amount of weight in such a short time- you are going to look fabulous at the ball next week.
    Violinist- nice to meet up with you again on this thread!
    Here’s to a good week everyone. I may weigh myself tomorrow morning so that I have a benchmark but if I don’t then I will just stick to BSD and fasting and know that I am doing my best.

• posted by Elky
    on

Good morning everyone, just popping in to say hi and catch up with everyone.

Merry – posted a reply on breathalysers in Oz at the end of last week’s thread, just in case you missed it. Let me know what you decide to do!

Birdy, I am excited for your ball, that sounds like such fun!

My goal for the week is simply to try to stay on program. At least 24 hour fasts most days (ie OMAD), and hopefully a couple of longer fasts. Didn’t manage it yesterday (24 hours only), but today is a brand new day so I’m aiming for longer. I have finally undone almost all the damage from my Weekend of Toast 8 days ago, according to both the scales and the breathalyser, so I am hoping for forward – or rather downward – progress this week. I will keep an eye on protein as Kafin suggested and see if that helps too.

Have a good day everyone,

Elky

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi new week posters!
    I thought I should say something about bingeing because I have a lot of personal experience with it in my past.
    I’ve never told anyone but I binged and purged (sadly) for years and years through most of my teen and adult life until I started low-carb eating after reading Gary Taubes book “Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It”.
    Going low carb finally and completely ended that awful part of my life. That is one of the greatest freedoms I have experienced on this WOE —
    I had a terrible relationship with food and my body and I were at war every day as I struggled with hunger and desire to just eat and eat.
    Whether it came from an emotional source or a physical source, it doesn’t really matter. All I know is that low carb eating broke the cycle and I got my life back. Now my body is my strong and reliable friend, not my enemy.
    If you are wanting to binge, it can be helped (and resolves most likely) with staying very low carb. I just thought it might be helpful to know that I struggled with it too.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

CG, that is a very powerful post. And also very uplifting and heart-warming to read. There are so many amazing people on here; it is as others have said so much more than a dry “diet” forum, recognising that food and eating – or drinking – is so much more than just what you put in your mouth; there’s often a real psychological aspect. All best to you, and to your strong and reliable body!

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Good morning everyone, I find this forum absolutely fascinating and am amazed by what you have all achieved against great odds – you are all to be very proud of yourselves.
    I have only recently joined and to be honest am a bit out of my depth with certain terminology you use. The first one is WOE! What dos that mean, please? After that why are some of you using breathalysers (tv remotes permitting)?
    Make the most of your day….
    Sunderland

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Sunderland! WOE stand for Way of Eating. The breathalysers (which not all use) measure if and how much you are in ketosis – as I understand it, that the body is not using glycogen (what carbs are immediately converted into), but instead using fat reserves for its energy needs. Have a good day and do stay with us!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good early Florida morning folks! 3:36 am
    CG, how inspiring you are even before mentioning your struggle with binging. I have copied many of your inspirations in a file for myself, along with all the Senior BSD’rs. To share something so personal just in case others are struggling is a huge gesture of honesty. You are simply magical.

Sunderland, WOE is “ Way of Eating”, I think. And people are buying breathalyzers to see if they are in ketosis, I believe. I would like to know what TRE means, while we are at it.

Tuesdays are my favorite days because I get to play my violin all morning in a small orchestra with one or two other violinists, several dulcimers, possibly a guitarist and a hammer dulcimer.

Last night I made the bolognese and zucchini noodles for dinner and my pasta loving hubby loved them!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Ah, sixturkeys beat me to it!

on

Good morning Sunderland – WOE is way of eating. Some of us use breathalysers to check if we are in ketosis (fat burning mode). I always used to use Ketostix which are reliable at the start of ketosis but sometimes didn’t register that I was fat burning after a few days and they work out expensive. . I did get a breathalyser last year but couldn’t get it to work and returned it as faulty. I have literally just ordered another one this morning from amazon as I am totally committed to getting into ketosis in the next couple of days to get my fat burning.
    I did brave the scales today following a couple of weeks off BSD and now I have a benchmark for my weight loss plan. It was what I expected after my holiday- disappointing! However, positive mindset for this week and I hope to be able to report a loss next week.

CG- thank you for sharing your personal and honest post- you have always been very inspirational along my journey.

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Many thanks to you all for your replies about WOE and breathalysers. What about setting up a glossary?
    Anyway, am now going to sit down to plan my evening meal – I can see that planning helps in not being tempted by you know what!
    Sunderland

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Good morning to all the northern hemisphere folks. Some of you up very early!
    Violinist/ Sunderland – TRE is Time Restricted Eating. Many of us use this approach once we have settled into BSD/Fast800. I generally eat between 11:30 am and 7:30 pm which is known as 16:8 – this gives my body a 16 hr fast most days. Sometimes I can’t do the 16:8, but I do try to do at least a 12-13 hr fast.
    Michael Mosley talks about it in this article. https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/health/michael-mosley-fast-800-intermittent-fasting-mediterranean-diet-a4041991.html
    Cheers
    Merry

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks Merrymelba! I have read his books and forgot! Are you in Australia? I spent my 11th grade in highschool in Sydney as an exchange student 45 years ago!

Cat

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Violinist – yes I live in Melbourne. Sydney would have been a fun place to spend a year of school! Have you been back since? Where do you live now?
    Just finished my Tuesday here and had a good day. Made a nice beef stir fry with loads of veg for dinner, and about to have a small serve of yoghurt and berries for dessert.

• posted by Violinist
    on

All my life I lived in Binghamton, NY. I have retired and moved to the west coast of south Florida. I have not been back to Sydney, but my sister goes often to visit her daughter.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Yes, CG( Julia) I am sure your very personal story will resonate with many and we thank you so much for honestly sharing what is sometimes perceived as shameful.
    I totally agree with your comments. I have talked on the forum about my addiction to sugar and Dairy Crunch binges. Like you I thought about food constantly and yes, it was a battle as I could never feel satisfied.
    The breakthrough also came for me when I removed all refined carbs , sugar (including fructose from fruit) and processed foods from my diet. It really does work to bring the dependence on sugar under control and also, very importantly to restore the respect I lost ( for myself and for food) Food was very much my enemy , ready to trip me up on yet anothe diet attempt.

Food no longer controls me. I choose foods I love which nourish and make me feel good. I have no problem resisting junk/sugary foods
    YES YES, this is what makes this way of eating so magical. It’s as much a habit now as my Dairy Crunch scoffing was in the past.
    I do believe that emotional issues play a massive part in that but they can be relieved with making low carb choices.
    Please take heart anyone who is struggling.We all have a tale to tell and there is no shame, only a healthy future ahead !

• posted by wendleg
    on

I was wondering ……….if anyone is put off by the discussion about keto monitors and fasting ( which isn’t for everyone) We could set up a separate thread ? Anyone interested in having a go at fasting could find support on there ??

I am happy to share my experiences.

If you are all happy to keep the ketosis/fasting dicussion on the weely thread, that’s fine too !

Let me know your thoughts
    xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Sunderland

I can understand the ‘terminology’ can seem a bit strange if you are new to the forum.It will all be made clear ! was a bit like you but I just read and watched videos to help my understanding.

The dietdoctor site http://www.dietdoctor.com is my go to site for any questions and it is full of information on LCHF ( low carb, healthy fat ) eating with meal plans, personal testimonials, videos and articles galore.

You don’ t necessarily have to consider fasting/ breathalizers if you are just starting out.It’s more important to establish a pattern of low carb eating that works for you. Planning is key, removing temptation and stocking up on lots of green veg, avocados, eggs, healthy protein …
    Just keep asking the questions ! We are all here to support you !

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

Hi everyone! So excited to find such busy forums and even a weekly thread on fast 800. 🙂
    I just started the new book and I’m very keen to follow the 800 kcal per day + 12 hours fast. 3 days into it and I find it quite manageable. I have 15 kilos to lose on the back of two pregnancies… Can’t wait to recover some stamina and overall shape!
    Talk soon,
    Louise.

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Hello wendleg, for some reason I didn’t get your reply and by chance just came across it having a catch-up on the forums!
    Thank you for your suggestions and I shall have a good look at the website you mention.
    Am I alone in eating fruit when I have a sugar craving? Apart from anything else it is costing me a small fortune! Spanish cherries are just sooooo tempting!
    It is so good having a lovely support network.
    Sunderland

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi again Sunderland and anyone else who struggles with the acronyms. Found on the web
    Acronyms
    ACV: Apple cider vinegar
    ADF: Alternate day fasting
    BG: Blood glucose
    BMI: Body mass index
    BMR: Basal metabolic rate
    BP: Blood pressure
    BPC: Bullet proof coffee
    CICO: Calories in calories out
    EF: Extended fasting – a fast lasting longer than 48hrs
    eTRE: Early time restricted eating
    FBG: Fasting blood glucose
    HbA1c: Hemoglobin A1c (represents average blood glucose over 3 months)
    HFCS: High fructose corn syrup
    HIIT: High intensity interval training
    HTN: Hypertension
    HWC: Heavy whipping cream (Pure cream is an Australian alternative)
    IF: Intermittent fasting – a fast lasting between 24hrs and 48hrs
    IR: Insulin resistance
    Keto: Ketogenic diet (generally under 20g carbs/day)
    LCHFMP: Low carb healthy fats (HF is also often referred to as high fat) moderate protein
    MCT: Medium chain triglycerides
    MFP: My Fitness Pal
    NSV: Non scale victory
    OMAD: One meal a day
    PCOS: Polycystic ovary syndrome
    SAD: Standard American diet
    T2D: Type 2 diabetes
    TOFI: Thin on the outside, fat on the inside
    TRE: Time-restricted Eating – a fast lasting less than 24hrs
    WOE: Way of eating
    WOL: Way of life

• posted by wendleg
    on

Sunderland ….resisting/giving up fruit was one of the hardest things for me in this WOE 😉 I used to eat copious amounts of fruit, any fruit, a mango a day, no problem….I could eat kilos of the stuff. Where I live in France summer fruits are plentiful and delicious BUT it is fructose, it’s sugar !! I was in denial that I was eating healthily but I had a wake up call when I checked out the carb values of fruit.

I also watched a video by Gary Fettke ‘ Is fruit good or bad for you ?’
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6LL92Zs5L0
    He calls fruit ‘ Confectionery on a Tree’ . Consuming fruit used to be a scarce, seasonal thing not as nowadays when we can source (poor quality) fruit all year round.
    So I limit myself to berries now, and the very occasional apple with a bit of nut butter.
    I also love very dark choc, at least 90% cacao ! 85% is too sweet for me now and I could scoff a lot of it.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Rather unfortunate for standard American diet, tho if it would be the equivalent, British Average Diet would be BAD! As is currently the weather.

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Wow…thank you for the long list 🙂
    Sunderland

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wow wow wow so many positives on here today😁😁😁😁

Welcome Sunderland, Shiela and louise I am sure you will all soon get the hang of this woe and as you can see we are all here to help, guide and support each other. This forum is my home and everyone is just awesome❤️❤️❤️❤️👏👏👏

6T you made me laugh out loud with the BAD comment. Yes the weather has also been rubbish here today! Thankfully I was in a very busy village cafe working.🤣. I have been fasting since Sunday night and the smells from the cooking bacon and pasta and all sorts of other things did make my tummy grumble and my mouth salivate🤣🤣😳. But I have stayed strong and I am hoping to go until lunchtime tomorrow.

Wendy thank you finding all those as there were still a few I was unsure of. Not now my lovely❤️❤️

Glad we are all having a good day. I am so looking forward to the weekend! I am like a little kid getting to get all dressed up🤣🤣🥰

See you all tomorrow.💞🦜

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Have just watched the video and found it very interesting. Thank you for sharing it.
    He definitely has a point about fruit not always being available in the past and we still grew up healthily. We really must try to eat seasonal fruit where possible and not be tempted by the supermarkets.
    Sunderland

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Birdy76, thank you for the welcome 🙂 Brave of you not to be tempted today!
    Sunderland

• posted by BeeGirl
    on

Evening all.
    Well, after missing last week’s WI as I was away for 5 days, today’s WI covered two weeks and the result was 5.6lb loss. That takes me to 26.2lb in 6 weeks.
    I’m now the lightest I have been since the first half of my first pregnancy (or thereabouts). That’s about 7.5 years. I find that astonishing. I’ve been thinking about it all day and can’t quite get my head round where the time has gone. I can’t help but wish I’d known about this WOL then. It would have made such a difference to my life.
    Someone above mentioned binge eating; that was me. I have books about overcoming it, tried CBT and all sorts. Convinced it was this deep psychological issue when all I needed was to cut out carbs. Currently reading Gary Taubes ‘Why We Get Fat’, having read Dr Fung’s ‘Obesity Code’ some time ago and I just feel so angry and sad that I never knew all this twenty or thirty years ago. How different things would have been.
    Very tired today, although no leg cramp last night (yay!), probably down to a morning at the allotment managing things that had to be managed – too many heavy boxes combined with sleep debt I think. Spent an hour in the bath this afternoon and still can’t muster energy.
    Should feel happy with my scale result but just feel tired, sad and angry about my weight instead.
    Tomorrow will be better.
    Dinner tonight will be warm goats cheese and beetroot salad I think. Yum.

In other news, I’ve booked a surfing lesson for the last week in August as an incentive to crack on and get fit as I’ve always wanted to learn to surf. I think I’m having a mid life crisis 😂

• posted by Sunderland
    on

Once a week I volunteer in the A&E department of my local hospital serving tea, coffee and simple breakfasts. I have given up persuading patients to not have any sweetener. They insist that their doctor had told them to have it so what can I do? I am not in the medical profession.
    Sunderland

• posted by Sunderland
    on

BeeGirl, what can I say? Tomorrow is another day, be pleased with what you have achieved and how amazing to be learning how to surf in August.
    Sunderland

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

BeeGirl – that is AMAZING!!! You should certainly not feel sad and angry; you are doing so wonderfully well! I think we all on here feel we were all misled with the low fat/artificial sweetener message etc. Now you have found what works so well for you! Look to the next 7.5 years, or the next 20 -30 , not the last lot! Birdy, you have a will of iron (maybe all the military discipline in your house!) – but don’t overdo it. I think you are younger than some on here, so still have all that lovely natural collagen which retains the skin’s elasticity. that would still be the case without such epic fasting, esp with all the hydration. Just take care; I know you are on a roll but still!! Does anyone have any way of contacting Esnecca? I miss her no nonsense boosts. I need a bit of her “non passeran! ” call to arms. And Shellbob? Duckie I saw a lovely post from recently! xx

on

BeeGirl – what a fantastic weight loss in six weeks. I reckon most of us would love to have been told the truth about weight loss all those years ago. I think about all the years, over 30, I spent going to SW and WW trying to lose weight. I remember the last time I attended SW it took me nine months to lose 9 lb. the cost of the class as well as all the magazines, chocolate bars etc and here we all are losing weight eating fat! All those diet yoghurt I consumed not knowing that sugar was the enemy and wondering why when I got on the scales every week I had “maintained” or put on weight, I used to wonder why on earth I wasn’t losing weight. pasta was a free food and you could eat as much of it as well as rice and potatoes! We have found the right way of eating now and your weight loss results are proof that this is the way forward. I always thank one of my book club friends who made a flippant comment over two and a half years ago that her mum had lost three stone in eight weeks doing the blood sugar diet- my ears pricked up and I downloaded the book onto my kindle the very next day. We can use our new found knowledge to make a difference to our health. Thank goodness for the blood sugar diet.

My first day back on the wagon has been good. I feel in control and have just eaten my evening meal which was Savoy cabbage cooked in butter with two quorn sausages. I was going to have an omelette but changed my mind. My meal was so delicious. I had a yoghurt with berries and cacao nibs for lunch. One day at a time …. chipping away slowly once more……..

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hello everyone,
    I made some poor choices last night with my evening meal as I came home hungry after spending 3 hours after work riding, grooming and grazing my horse and ended up consuming too many carbs and too much protein too late in the evening. This caused an extended spike that lasted until 2am and then I crashed while I was asleep. Luckily it didn’t go too low, about 3.6, but it stayed that low for well over an hour. When I woke up my reading was 4.5, which is the lowest I’ve had in a while. I woke up late and didn’t have time to prepare anything for breakfast or to take with me to work, so I’ve been fasting all morning, and I’m ticking along at 4.9. Even though I find skipping breakfast easier than skipping the evening meal, I don’t really want to continue this pattern now that I’ve realized that it seems to be the late evening meal that is most problematic for my reactive hypoglycemia. Luckily once my horse is moved in mid-July, I will get home earlier and have time to cook some meals that I can eat well before going to bed. I think I might even be able to manage 18:6.
    I have noticed that adding vinegar to more carb-rich meals does not much of anything to stop spikes. Also, eating starch in resistant form doesn’t really work for me either. I tried eating a green banana and it spiked my blood sugar almost as much as a ripe one. Of course these things are very individual, so they may work for some people. It has been great to use the continuous monitor to figure out what works for me and what doesn’t.
    I have a spinach salad and nuts for lunch, so hopefully that keeps my little graph looking more like a flat plain and less like the Alps!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi 6T . Birdy and I are supporting each other on an extended fast this Week. I do one of these once a month and have never had any adverse effects. I would certainly stop if that was the case. I reckon at 61 my supply of natural collogen is probably substantially diminished but my fasting is for the health benefits and if it helps with preventing loose skin, that’s great. I am a bit crepey and wrinkly on my thighs but no other noticeable loose skin after a 4 stone discard.

Don’t worry …I will make sure Birdy is coping and she is …. Fasting is not about endurance ….it’s quite manageable but it does need careful monitoring of hydration and électrolytes. It works for me as I have gradually built up the duration.

I am sure Essie would have lots to say about fasting too and I miss her too, 6T !

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

That’s great Wendy; from the sidelines of 16-8, 50 or 60+ hours does seem very long. I think it’s also worth saying maybe that it’s not an integral part of the BSD/WOE (now we have acronyms at our fingertips!)

• posted by Birdy76
    on

6T you are right it is not integral to BSD although the TRE is. Wendy did offer to set up a separate thread earlier about fasting if people didn’t want to read it, but nobody responded. I also told Shiela (a newbie)that I fasted to stop the loose skin with the rapid weight lose but I said I didn’t do it in the beginning as she was concerned about it happening. I advised that she not do it as she needed to get used to this woe first.

Fasting is ok to do but it consists of listening to your own body and not continuing if you get any side effects, like headaches or dizziness. We listen to our bodies so much more now we are on this woe. Yet another positive for this healthy amazing way of eating😁👏❤️🥰. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s exactly why I suggested that we could set up a separate thread discussing fasting so as not to overburden the weekly thread , 6T and to avoid straying too far from basic BSD principles.. Fasting does not suit everyone and of course the choice is entirely personal. I have found it to be a very useful tool in association with BSD.

My occasional fasting has restored my faith in food as nutrition and has enabled me to make peace with it . Food is no longer the enemy as CG mentioned earlier in the thread. I respect food now, I do not fear hunger after so many years of being terrified of it .That’s massive for me.xx

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Beegirl your discard is amazing my lovely❤️❤️ I know where you are coming from but it is not just this lightbulb moment in our lives we have lots of them about a whole lists of things, from diy hacks to every day things that we could have done easily if only we knew. Please don’t worry about it too much as this is life and don’t worry about few people on high that have had the control, as we now have it back for ourselves and we are making ourselves slimmer, healthier and that warms my heart and makes me burst with enthusiasm and positivity🥰🥰🥰🥰. You should be celebrating hun as I am and the rest of us are for you. Big hugs and admiration hun. Glad you took care of what needed taking care of today and I am sure it is happy you did🤣😁🐝❤️🐝❤️❤️🐝❤️🤣🤣. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

If I understood how to do those little picture things (“emojis”? There was a judge once who asked “What are the Beatles?”..) I would say all for one for all and all for one, however we best get there, so no need at all for a separate thread! x

• posted by Birdy76
    on

6T are you in a laptop? I am using iPhone and iPad so I have an emoji keyboard. I am sure now that most keyboards and computers have them? I may well be wrong though 😂😂😂

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Beegirl – congrats on your discard, that’s a number I only dream of! I understand your frustration but make sure you also celebrate yourself 😊
    I personally like all the info about fasting (and everything else) and having it in one thread – I like to know what different people are doing and depending on where I’m at, it can be inspirational and something to work towards. I think we all understand that we’re following BSD principles but also in a way that works for our bodies and our lives and there are principles beyond BSD that are incredibly helpful so I love hearing about them. I would like to get to the point where I can do extended fasts as I believe in the science behind them but I’m on medication that not only makes me dizzy but also very fatigued and I don’t think it’s beneficial for me at the moment in terms of energy (and staying upright!) but I fully support my Wendy and Birdy doing it and I want to hear how they’re doing 😍
    We all know our own bodies the best and extended fasting or not, we’re all still doing great things!
    Has anyone had the experience of someone telling them something about their own body as if we hadn’t realized? I had a nasty step-grandmother who liked to comment on my weight every time she saw me but only negatively saying things like “goodness you’ve gained weight”. I remember being amazed and thinking “no s**t, lady – you think I didn’t notice that and you’ve suddenly brought it to my attention???” (you big ol nasty meanie – or some such similar language 😁). Well, look at me now (granted you’re dead but still….)

Please log in or register to post a reply.