ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning July 9th 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Here is the new weekly thread to run alongside the monthly one for regulars and anyone who wants to benefit from our experience and friendly support and advice. Just shout out if you are unsure, confused or just want to join our merry band ! I will be away for a Week but checking in regularly. Hopefully Birdy ( if you are feeling up to it dear Birdy ?) will help with hosting and I am sure Allie will keep everything ticking over as always xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Looking forward to seeing you all here ! I know lots of you are , like me, posting on other threads for specific topics but we will keep this thread going as long as you want us to. It’s my special place xx

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

Hi! Ready for a new week and sharing all wins and losses (hopefully mostly on the scales!)
    Got my ketone breathalyser at the ready too 🙂

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi All, just checking in on my “home thread” 😊

StrongCurves, I will be really interested to hear how you go with the breathalyser. I think mine is fun (though I admit probably not very accurate, it does have the odd random moment) but I do obsessively puff into almost every time I walk past. Luckily I can’t take it to work with me (they’d think I was an alcoholic lol) or I’d be puffing away all day!!

JGwen you must be so chuffed to be able to measure the difference in energy between this summer and last. Less tangible than numbers on a scale, but so much more meaningful!! I keep forgetting that not everyone is stuck in the depths of winter with hours and hours of cold darkness to bury their noses in books lol Plus your summer days are *so* long compared to ours. Yes definitely enjoy them and leave the reading and research for winter. I dare say I’ll have my nose in books less when summer rolls around here (maybe…) – and I’m inspired to think that by then I should feel the extra energy that you write about. More motivation to stick with this WOE.

6T, hope you enjoy the new exercise bike! I have one too, but I don’t use it nearly as often as I should, hopefully you will inspire me. And I did blow the dust of it last night as part of the Kafin and Elky Get (Less Un)Fit Challenge. (And Baxter? You in hon?) So that’s a start. I’m just doing the HIIT thing that MM talks about in the book so it’s only 10 minutes which really suits me. If I have to commit to a long period of exercise I know I’ll decide I need to clean under the fridge instead, *this very minute*. Or, you know, move the house a foot to the left, you get the idea.

Wendy, hope you’re having a wonderful wonderful holiday!!

Kafin, so exciting you’re officially signing up for your first case, that’s such an achievement!! (I was going to say, “so excited you’re at the courthouse”, but then thought that someone not following along might wonder what you’d been up to!!!)

I am quite looking forward to this new week, as the scales have now persistently registered for the last three days that I’m a kilo down. So I am cautiously hopeful that it might be going to stay gone, rather than the up and down, up and down, up and down that it’s been doing for the previous week or so. (I know, I know, they are a bad measurement tool but I can’t stay off them.)

Have a grand day all, Elky

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi all – thanks for getting us started Wendy. I haven’t seen Birdy posting for several days. Is anyone in contact with her? I hope she is OK and getting over her tonsillitis.
    Yes I second that Elky – looking forward to Spring as the days get every so minutely longer. Can see JGwen zipping round on her tractor in the glorious sun lit fields – full of new energy.
    Wishing you a good week Strongcurves – those lovely clothes will be fitting you beautifully soon.
    🌺

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I agree with MerryMelba, hope Birdy is better very soon. I also wanted to ask BeeGirl how the new pink boxing gloves worked out?
    Hope everyone has a lovely rest-of-the-week. We can also all think of Wendleg relaxing in Sardinia; oh to be gazing out over the Mediterranean!

• posted by alliecat
    on

SG, how long does it take to recover following a severe hypo? Managing T2D is a serious matter…I do remember that
    you were in the habit of holding a bit back from your evening meal, to have at bedtime. I can see the logic in why extended
    fasting would be contraindicated for you. It really is a Catch-22, isn’t it?

• posted by BeeGirl
    on

Hi folks

Just checking in – it’s been a manic day so I’m struggling to keep up with everyone!

6T – the boxing gloves were great thanks! Really enjoyed last night’s session and so far don’t feel too bad; don’t think the instructor was quite as sadistic this week! We’ll see how I feel tomorrow though.

Weigh In for Week 9 here this morning – 4.2lb off, taking me to 38.2lb lost, which is great. Absolutely astonished by the results so far, if I’m honest.

I’m just over half way through a planned fast started after dinner on Sunday, although I may end it early tomorrow night, depending on how I feel. I’m hoping to do these slightly longer fasts once a month or so, just to keep things ticking along on the health and healing front as well as weight loss.

I had such a relaxing day planned today, for the first time in months, and it all went haywire – didn’t sit down all day and now I’m sat here with a right hand and lower arm that looks like it belongs to Hellboy (thanks to my unmentionable hobby!). I’m absolutely shattered. And I can’t continue crocheting my belt as I can’t grip a crochet hook with said Hellboy hand. Grrrr. At least I can type! Should be better by tomorrow hopefully.

Hope everyone that is ill is recovering and folk are having a more relaxing day than me!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone ! Here I am checking in from Olbia,Sardinia. We are settled into our b and b with a lovely owner who doesn’t mind a bit preparing eggs for my brekkie in the morning..a veggie omelette even.I am well spoiled ! I love the coffee here too…We have done loads of walking discovering the town.. and I am pleased to report I have no pain ! The ops have been successful !. It is very hot and sticky though so we decided to buy a few things and eat on the terrace at the b and b. Salad..olives and smoked salmon for me but O/h succumbed to tortilla chips ( he couldn’t find crisps in.the supermarket so I said they must have been banned 🤣)…bread and a slab of gorgonzola ..washed down with half a bottle of wine ! He is presently snoozing off the effects of carb overload ! We have air con here.. fabulous !
    I have heard from Birdy who is feeling better and hoping to be back to normal.very soon . I am sure she will soon make an.appearance on the thread .We have missed you Birdy !
    It’s a bit awkward to read through and respond to everyone’s posts on my phone but I am wishing you all a successful week. I.hope Amz.checks back in soon. Xxx Lots of love and I will continue reading and posting as often as I can.
    Patricia1066..your info on the bus to Alghero was spot on and we love what we have seen of Sardinia so far !

• posted by Elky
    on

Hello all 😊

BeeGirl, I’m so sorry your unmentionable hobby has, errrr, had unfortunate consequences today!! I guess it’s an occupational hazard, but it still sounds painful 🙁 Hope all recovers really quickly. I expect at least you were so knackered you went to bed early and slept like the dead, so that’s an upside. Your week 9 results are just incredible, congratulations – your work is really paying off. Good luck with your long fast this week – you go girl!!

And 6T I think I saw on another thread that you’re really 2T now? That’s amazing, congrats to you too!!

Wendy, your holiday B&B sounds wonderful and it is brilliant news that all the operations to make a new woman of you have been so successful! Continue to enjoy all that sunshine and relaxation. And thanks for the smoke signal that Birdy is on the mend, looking forward to having her back.

No updates from me, really. Stopped fasting last night at 48 hours, back to OMAD for the rest of this week I think.

Have a grand day/evening everyone, Elky

• posted by Birdy76
    on

BOO! 👻 hello everyone I am back!❤️ I have missed you guys very much but I am afraid I have really not felt up to doing much. Sorry I have not been here to encourage you all and I am hoping to rectify this today❤️❤️

I have over 400 emails of your fantastic posts but as you can see by the number I haven’t read them and for that I am sorry. I am usually so vigilant and as soon as my phone pings I am on it like a car bonnet😂😂. I hope you have all been ok? Kirsten how horrible to hear of your earthquake hope all is back to some normalcy now? I have kinda caught up on the weekly thread so here is a massive thank you for all your well wishes. I wouldn’t say I was in a dark place but the pain and being run down was oh so real🤮. I have strayed off of the WOE but I have not had bread, pasta, rice or any refined carbs as such! I did resort to sweet potato fries on Friday and ice cream too!! The ice cream came about as my throat was so hot and so so sore! Just by having things with carbs in I have noticed my stomach has bloated and I have excess water in all the places that makes me uncomfortable!! Both my knee and my ankle have been twinging!! It is crazy how just a week without really going overboard can effect our whole bodies!!😱

I think I have stayed away as to not feel guilty in a way for being daft and eating some crap!! But I needed this time to heal and the throat and tonsillitis are better, but in doing so I have messed up my body in other ways!! I haven’t and I won’t beat myself up as it is what it is! I am now back to normal(well normal for me😂😂) and I am ready to get back to this amazing woe and all you amazing people❤️💜💙.

Wendy my lovely I am more than happy to host and I am sure all of us wish you an amazing holiday. You deserve it.

See you all later as I am off out for a dog walk now.

This thread is gone to me so I will focus on it and you guys and I will get to other threads at some point. My emails show me just how much I have missed!! I have really missed you all. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by caronl
    on

Welcome back Birdy! I’m glad you are feeling better. Do take care of yourself and best foot forward!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Birdy, Glad to hear you feel well enough to post again. – Don’t worry about stepping off the waggon when you were ill, you can’t expect to stay on the waggon every day for the rest of your life there will be times you step off. Look on the bright side, you are getting a reminder that carbs don’t make your body feel good.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Good to see you back Birdy! Hope you are singing at full voice again soon. 🐥🐥

I mentioned a book I was getting from the library “Keto for One cookbook”. I’ve had a chance to have a good look at it. It is by Dana Carpenter – who writes a lot on keto, and it is American based. So I would recommend it particularly for our State-side friends here 🇺🇸, but if you can get it from your library it is worth looking at for Brits/Ozzies/Kiwis. ( ELKY – the Canberra libraries have copies). Particularly good if you cook for one like me, and need some ideas on cooking *without* using processed foods. She has a good intro on the basics of keto, getting started, good ideas for ingredients and shopping – and lots of ways with eggs. If you are doing Fast800 quite a lot of the recipes are a bit too high in calories/kjs- but they will be good for maintenance or Mediterranean diet. They are all low carb. There are some drinks and sweet things (again high in calories but low carb). A useful book for ideas but I would borrow rather than buy unless you are in the States.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

That should be that the book is by Dana Carpender. Silly autocorrects!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thanks guys it is good to be back. I have had bacon, sausage and mushrooms for lunch and a few pecan nuts, I am going to see how I feel at work tonight as to wether I eat or not? The good things of working in a supermarket I can get my hands on BSD friendly food if I do get hungry. 🤗.

Merry that book sounds good and I am going to look for it and see what it has, thank you for the recommendation. Hope everyone is having a good day❤️ I am now off too bed for some sleep before my first night shift in two weeks!😱. See you all later. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone..and so good to see Birdy back among us. Now folks I want to share an intimate NSV with you and I hope you dont find it too gross (no it’s not about my bits !🤣🤣)
    I don’t know if you are like me but for years whenever I was anywhere hot..sticky..sweaty..you get the picture ?..I always had to carry talcum powder in.my bag.. you got it …to stop my thighs rubbing together ! ( told you it was slightly gross 😱). Those habits die hard ..but do you know..I have been walking loads and never once gave a thought to the talc..because my thighs are functioning independently 🤣. Now that is what I call a victory against chafe !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Update on the holiday. Avocado and omelette on the breakfast buffet this morning and I didnt need lunch. We have booked a lovely fish restaurant in Olbia this evening..looking forward to that.
    Today we took the bus to a lovely market town called Arzachena..no I did not buy earrings 😉..and from there we went to Palau in the north of the island. Stunning and surprisingly peaceful. Not everyone has broken up yet. So we are very much enjoying Sardinia …it is hot but we have had high temperatures in.France for a while too. Tomorrow we move on to Alghero and more adventures (in an apartment so will be able to monitor O/H ‘s carbage). Today he has had for breakfast…cereals ..cake ..bread..jam..cheese..ham ..salami ..omelette …fruit ..and a hot dog..bread and gorgonzola for lunch 😱😱…not forgetting the beer ! This is the man who was in the diabetic range not that long ago . He is getting complacent after his recent good blood glucose result ..so I have to watch him !
    Need to read all of today’s posts now
    Lots of love from Wendy in Sardinia xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Wendy, you are completely without artifice, and that’s why we love you! I do remember those bad old days when thighs
    rubbed together…I had hundreds of “skin tags” to prove it! Isn’t it miraculous? They have all dropped off, and I can now
    stand with my ankles together, and nothing “touches” all the way up!! All I can do is laugh at the mystery of it all…How
    can anyone chose treats over this? I see that O/H is really getting out of hand! I will have to come down hard on him
    the very next time we meet in your garden 🙂 Between the 2 of us, we are a force to be reckoned with! Enjoy every moment
    of your holiday 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Welcome back, Birdy – glad you’re feeling a little better and not having bread, pasta or rice while feeling sick is a win in my book! Take it easy on yourself.
    Wendy, your trip sounds lovely and I’m so glad you aren’t experiencing any pain. The thigh chafe is very real and I’m not sure I will ever get rid of it but you and Allie are inspirational! I have this amazing cream called 3b – Butt, Between the thighs and Between the breasts! It changed my life!!
    Beegirl – you have done an amazing job, so great to hear but sorry about your incident with the bees (I personally liked hearing about them so yes, I said the “B” word!!!)
    Love to everyone else and hope all are having a good week in some way or another xx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I have googled pics of the places you mentioned Wendleg and it all looks so idyllic! Really glad that you are striding round with no pain or discomfort and we should add a new acronym to the lexicon: NCV: no chafe victory! Birdy, good that you are getting back on top form! BeeGirl I first thought that your hand was down to the boxing – but ouch! Ungrateful little so and so’s…And hello to Elky, MM, Caro and everyone else!

• posted by Elky
    on

Birdy, welcome back!! Really missed your cheery updates, I’m glad that you’re feeling almost back to yourself now. Hope your first night shift is not too hard going. I agree with JGwen, none of us should stay away because we’ve strayed from the straight and narrow, if we all did that then there’d be hardly anyone here lol We almost all have our moments…

Merry, you genius on checking the Canberra libraries for me – thank you!! I will definitely request it and have a look.

Wendy, not thinking twice about chafing is such a glorious victory, congratulations. And I’m another one who knows it all too well, I fantasise about losing so much weight that I don’t have to think about it. Not for this coming summer, but maybe for the next one… I am using people like you and Allie as inspiration – I want that discomfort in the rearview mirror for me too!

6T, I do love your turn of phrase, I am keeping this little mental list of things you’ve said that I adore and shall use. First it was the apron shrinking to a sporran (I absolutely roared with laughter), and now it’s No Chafe Victory!!

Have a grand day, Elky

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

😁😁😁 I’m a librarian Elky, so couldn’t resist looking at the local libraries.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I knew I liked you for a reason, Merry! I love the library and whenever I move somewhere new, it’s the first place I find! Now that I can get books direct to my kindle, I’m in 7th heaven. When I was a teenager, I had an after school job shelving books at our little town library and I managed to master the art of reading one whilst shelving 📕📗📘📙

• posted by Elky
    on

Merry that is so cool, I always thought that would be kind of a fun job 🙂 Except I’d just want to read all day not deal with library patrons lol

• posted by arcticfox
    on

I love libraries too! I was a library monitor in secondary school, partly because it was the geeky thing to do, but mainly because we were the only people who were allowed to eat lunch in the library and it was a good way to get through the lunch hour without being bullied! Now after living in a few very rural and remote communities, my requirement when I move to a new place is that it has to have at least one library open for at least a few hours every day of the week during the winter. My new town will have two! The public library and the college one. There is one just a few streets away from me in my current town that is open 7 days a week, but as it is the only free place open on Sundays at all, there are a lot of very sketchy characters who hang out there. I had to hide in the stacks one time while the security guards were trying to break up a really serious fist fight! It has been an experience living here, but I can’t really say that I’m very sorry at all about leaving for somewhere new!
    Anyway, I’ve made it through day 3 of eating eggs. I was craving doughnuts and ice cream on my way home and really, really wanted to stop and pick some up. I think that maybe shows that my carbs have been too high and my gut microbes are revolting now that I am eating so much less and higher fat. I did not stop though. I came home and made another egg dish for dinner and to have for lunch tomorrow and an eggplant/aubergine dish to have as a treat for tomorrow evening. It was hard to do and all I can think of is that I have to now tidy all this up as I have a viewing of my place scheduled for tomorrow.
    Great NSV, Wendy. I remember the first time I lived in Australia I was only 64kg (it was after I had been starved whilst working on a farm in NZ so that was really too thin for my height and stature) so nearly 30kg lighter than I am now, but I was so much better able to handle the heat. It does make a big difference. Looking forward to getting some of that heat tolerance back. Also being able to fit easily in an airline seat.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I really shouldn’t be checking my phone at breakfast but it distracts me from the carbage hubby is piling on his plate and I am resisting telling him off 🙄🙄. Self catering will be more manageable 😉.
    Keep us updated on the egg experience articfox..I cant see o/h doing it though 😉.Well done on resisting donuts and ice cream. Yuk..they are really not your friends despite how they whisper tantalising sweet nothings in your head. They are sweet and nothing nutritious ! Your good gut bugs will definitely thank you for not giving in .Good luck with the viewing …hope things happen soon so you are more settled.
    Ooh Merry the library was my favourite place when I was growing up. I used to devour books (still do ) and I can still remember the excitement of finding a book on the shelf that I was desperately hoping would be there ! Paperbacks arrived much later.
    My study has heaving shelves of books in alphabetical order but it was getting a bit overwhelming so I finally gave in and bought a Kindle a couple of years again…after insisting I never would. It was also very practical on our long haul flights to Tasmania and Australia. I can also read late into the night without getting O/h to turn off the light ! So libraries have a special place in.my heart too xx
    More later xx

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning all I have survived my first shift back😂. I had a snack at the beginning of my shift as I felt a little deflated! A few bits of pork scratching! I then just drink water and couple cups of coffee with cream❤️ I have walked the dogs and sent my boy off to school! I have the builders here at the moment digging out our driveway to make it bigger! Luckily I am in the back bedroom, whilst they are out the front. Elky it is great to be back and I have missed you all. I hope you all have a fab day and I will check back in when I wake up later. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Ohhh….so lovely to see so many library memories, library lovers and readers. 📚 Makes my heart 🎵 sing.
    I am thinking of starting a Reading And Rest Corner thread when we can share the books we are reading (or listening too) or books we have liked, or books that our book clubs are reading or your kids are enjoying. What do you think?
    Luckily I work just casually now as into semi retirement, but I always bring home books from each shift. But that’s a nice work hazard to have – and no carbs😃😃.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Love this idea, Merry – am always on the lookout for recommendations!

• posted by Elky
    on

Arcticfox, are you doing the egg fast?? I don’t think I knew that – I remember you saying you’d picked up more eggs (I think they were on sale despite a shortage, or something weird like that?), but I didn’t realise you were eating *just* eggs. Your observations on starting to crave carbs are fascinating, I’ll be interested to see if I get that too – and well done on resisting the doughnuts!!

Wendy, yes yes yes on how brilliant kindles are when travelling! I would honestly feel like I’d lost a part of me if I had to give mine up. When I finally had to upgrade to a new one it had a few glitches downloading my hundreds of books and I just about passed out in horror at the thought of not being able to have them all at my fingertips. Thankfully it did manage the task. Yes, there are more in the cloud, but I want those ones on the device itself. What can I tell you, I’m a re-reader. Comfort books are like comfort food for me. I even have seasonal re-readings, things I re-read each autumn, for example.

So Merry, I think you can guess from the above that your Reading Corner idea gets a big round of applause from me. I’m always looking for new recommendations. I feel like everything I’m reading just now is nutrition related lol

Birdy, good to hear you’re getting back to your normal bouncy self 😊 Your little snack sounds like nothing, considering how ill you’d been.

Have a grand day, Elky

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi Elky, no not an egg fast, just a concerted effort to eat at least 2 eggs per day along with some low carb veggies and nuts, cheese and allowing myself one serving of berries or an apple. I did go way off piste today though. I had gained back 0.3kg this morning in spite of giving the supermarket and its doughnuts and ice cream a miss last night, so that was rather disappointing. I’ve had a difficult 24+ hours as my horse transport fell through for Sunday and now I’m trying to figure out what happens next. My life is like a house of cards right now. If one thing shifts, everything else has to as well or the whole thing comes tumbling down. Multiple house viewings are now having to be put off until I don’t know when, I’m having to beg my current livery to let me stay a little longer, but not knowing how long it will be, and still having to pay for the place he was supposed to be going to. I did manage to burn off a bit of frustration by going swing dancing at noon hour today, but I’m basically having to face up to the fact that I’m in for a few stressful days while I try to get things sorted out.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Arctic fox, I’m so sorry about the horse transport problem and how it has cascaded through everything — moving and reorganising life is a HUGE job and only gets worse when plans are disrupted. I hope you get it sorted soon! In a few months you will look back and it will be far behind in your rear view mirror.
    And Merry, YES!! I would love love a book club — I thought about it before but didn’t mention it because I just wasn’t sure if it would find any takers. I am a ravenous reader and I would be happy to join and share book ideas! If you start, I will happily follow.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning/evening everyone ! Checking in from Alghero..NW Sardinia and it is stunning.Charming narrow streets to wander around and the walls which is the favourite spot for evening strolls to watch the sunset. It feels very relaxed here ..no pushy waiters..not yet too crowded. We found a Lidl and stocked up on provisions (fresh cream for my coffee..sigh!)…and gorgonzola and gin for O/H ! This morning we are going to the market to buy fresh fish and to grill in.the apartment and lots of veggies. The Italians have some interesting “greens”.
    It is very hot and I admit to feeling quite weary last night…but no post op discomfort. Refreshed this morning but the heat will be intense again.
    Articfox..so sorry about your setbacks. Stay strong .
    Off to the market now. This thread is always in.my thoughts and I check the posts throughout the day. Wishing you all a good day whatever challenges it throws up ! Back soon xxx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning all! I would enjoy a book thread too!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi articfox – sorry that you’re having such a rough time, it all sounds very frustrating trying to make everything work in sync. I don’t mind if you want to swear 😃 sometimes it helps. We are all crossing fingers that things will work out.
    I have seen some lovely pictures of where Wendy is and of Wendy herself, blending into the surroundings that she seems to have matched her outfit to! Lovely to hear from you, Wendy and thank you for taking the time to post while you’re on holiday xx
    I have 2lbs to go to get back to pre-4th of July stall! I didn’t love breaking my stall by going up in weight but I’d like to get back to my stuck place in time for the egg fast start on Monday.
    That’s all from me – hello and happy weekend to everyone, except people who don’t gain weight when they eat whatever they want.

• posted by Elky
    on

Oh Arcticfox, I’m so sorry to hear everything is so tough for you just now. I take my hat off to you for resisting the donuts, and I really hope all this stress passes quickly. I am thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that things work out soon. Big hugs, hon.

Wendy, glad that you’re having a grand holiday and holding up despite the heat. Don’t push yourself too much, it might be nature’s way of telling you to try a siesta! Or at least a sit in the shade!!

Kafin I’m sure people who can scoff anything like that and not gain a gram aren’t really happy. I mean, not really … not deep down … really really deep down …. Did I convince you? Nah, me neither lol

Have a grand day, Elky

• posted by wendleg
    on

Reported as spam

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello.everyone ! Just checking in from a pretty little town along the coast from Alghero .called Bosa. A lovely bus ride with stunning views over the Med. Pastel facades and cobbled streets …Walked up steep.steps to the castle without collapsing ! Could not have done that pre op ! Enjoyed a tasty cuttlefish salad and hubby chose marinated tuna . Not a chip to .be seen !
    It’s good to.be walking again and we are coping in the heat ..drinking loads. It’s not easy to locate the thread on.my phone …but I.found you !
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend . Xx
    Kafin/Kirsten..you will get where you want to be ..your determination is an inspiration..never doubt yourself. Xx
    I haven’t seen Amz this week ? Are you ok Amz ?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning all I have been a busy bee! Sorry I have been awol but I was on nights and then Friday as soon as I got up I went and worked in the pub 🤣. I went to the gin festival yesterday and it was lovely💞. I didn’t drink loads but I did taste a few new gins🤣. I did however eat a Burmese curry that had noodles in! First time since I started this woe! It was lovely but my tummy didn’t appreciate it this morning🤮. Ah well lesson learnt that my body truly doesn’t like carbs anymore! A good sign though🤣. Back on this woe now until I go on holiday in August and my attempt to try this egg fast. Need to read up on it and buy more eggs today, so I will be ready for the next five days.

This woe is amazing and it is also a big learning curve for us all, and I for one am proud of each and everyone of us for our determination even when we seem to be getting nowhere! Kirsten you inspire us all and Allie, Wendy and Jgwen are great at encouraging and helping us on our way, as well of many more of you do. All the newbies are fantastic too who have settled in and joined in with this incredible way of life. I am grateful for each and everyone of you on this forum. Hope you are all having a fab weekend. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone ! Took in some beautiful scenery today..on the beach bus along the coast .We didn’t do any sun worshipping..just walked back and enjoyed the views ! We had a few bits to clear out of the fridge in our little apartment here but I still see a bottle of gin and several tonics ! Birdy you would get on well with O/h…he would certainly have enjoyed the gin festival 😉He would have happily scoffed the curry too .
    I am watching the posts about the egg fast although laying off the choc and nuts seemed to kick start my discard. 6T ..I would like to be 11 stone by September. I always remember we were ‘a stone apart ‘ .Not sure 10 stone would be a good look for me …probably because I can’t ever remember being that light !
    I also like the sound of Attentive August but I am going to give Judicious July my best shot first. V says I must have an iron will. I think I am just stubborn 😊.
    Tomorrow we return to Olbia via Sassari. We fly back to Toulouse on Tuesday. Going for another wander round Alghero now. Have a great evening wherever you are . Missing a few people on the thread..Amz..Strongcurves…? I know Merry..Elky ..Cat..caronl…Californiagirl and of course Kafin,Allie and JGwen are never far away xx

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Wendy, the beach bus has a gorgeous route! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time, no problems walking or enjoying the resort. After three times there, I still haven’t been to Bosa, though I would have if the bus wasn’t cancelled!
    It’s sad that you are leaving but I’m sure you will relax at home. It’s always good to get back to your own kitchen, where everything is organised for your woe.

Birdy, lovely to see you are fully recovered and back to full 🐦 strength! That curry was worth it, and it’s only a blip so you will do very well on the egg fast.

I am just back from the retreat in Essex. I loved it there, the company was lovely, always someone to chat and swim with, true companionship. Though the food reminds me that no one trusts really low carb. Even though the manager said he follows low carb, he eats rice and pasta, desserts of flour etc. Never mind, I’m back at home, so I am able to put my own preferred food on the table.

Even though I’m in maintenance, maybe especially because I’m in maintenance, I like to avoid potatoes and flour products. I still like piling my plate with non root vegetables and meat.

I have been stable at 80kg now for two months, within 2 kgs plus or minus, and hope this is how I can remain.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Stable is great, Patricia – well done on maintaining 😊
    Wendy your holiday sounds fabulous and I am lucky enough to be receiving lovely pictures every morning when I wake up – one of the perks of having a lovely friend and being in different time zones 💜
    I’ve just been out to do my kafelky exercises and did three hill sprints as part of my HiiT workout. First time I’ve done them and decided enough talking about it, just go! Luckily I have a beautiful park across the street and so many people are there doing their own workouts that you don’t feel silly or like you’re sticking out which I think is half the battle. They also have some outdoor gym gear permanently set up so I did some arm raises, left thingies and then strutted over to the bars to knock out a couple of chin-up/pull ups. Grabbed hold and realized I’d made a terrible mistake – I think I looked like one of the haunches of meat at the butchers twisting in the wind. Had to turn it into a “oh hey, just stretching out my back muscles”. How anyone can lift themselves up is beyond me! Although I bet Jgwen and Julia can! Onward and upward everyone xx

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi everyone – sorry I have been AWOL for the last week. Still trying to battle my cold, and working and socialising!
    So for me it has been a week of maintaining – fitting in days of 800/20 + 16/8 when I could. Hopefully I can get refocused on our new weekly thread.
    That being said – still sleepy this morning from watching the last hour of Fed v The Joker from 3am – 4am Melbourne time this morning. I so wanted Roger to win – but an amazing game. The longest every at Wimbledon. 🎾🎾🎾

AND THANK YOU for all of you who put your hands up for a BOOK Thread. I *will* get this started in the next day. 📚📙📚📙

• posted by Elky
    on

Hello all, just dropping by my home thread, since I posted that I started the Egg Fast over on that thread.

Birdy what great news that your stomach has changed and doesn’t like carbs now -you must have murdered all those carb-loving bacteria!

Patricia, stable for two months is brilliant – especially when you’ve been away. You must be so pleased.

Kafin, go you with the back stretches lol Yes I don’t understand how anyone does chin ups, especially not women. Our weight distribution/upper body strength is just all wrong for it. And yet some women can, it’s very impressive.

Wendy, have a safe trip back home!

Merry, so sorry to hear that you’re still not 100%. Books will make it better 😊

And I’m with Birdy, this really is an extraordinary little gathering of supportive and generous people – I never would have made it this far without you all.

Big hugs, Elky

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Kafin it is very inspiring reading your ventures into HIIT and exercising with minimal equipment. A tip about the pull ups – a pull up band will help get you started. Very inexpensive and come in different strengths. I have one that gives 75lbs of assist and I was almost ready to graduate to a 50lb one when I stopped going to bootcamp. I think I would need at least a 100lb one now though! You can see how to use it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7X-uoHpa4c
    If you don’t want to use a band, another tip I was given once is to jump up and then lower yourself as slowly as you can, which isn’t very slow at first. You can build up strength fairly quickly doing that. I noticed that one of my local parks has set up some outdoor equipment, so I’ll have to go and check it out. This week is promising to be incredibly chaotic and stressful though, so maybe next week!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning everyone ! We are up bright and early to get a local bus to Sassari. We are en route back to Olbia. It’s 6.30am..and very humid.
    I am feeling a little guilty not being able to take part in all the exercise and training . I am hoping I can go back to aqua gym this week..I see my surgeon at the end of the month so I will be able to check what else I can do .
    Good luck with the egg fast. I am very interested in hearing how it goes. I don’t think there will be any damage over this holiday. Lots of salads…fish..a bit of kefir and cream in my coffee but no carbage. We shall see. Back to France tomorrow xx
    Have a good day / week everyone
    One of us will set up a new weekly thread later .

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Kafin, your HIIT routine is inspired. I have been swimming and walking a lot lately, but quite gentle exercise so not muscle building. I’ll start running this week, just a slow start as my running was interrupted by the broken ankle. (Haven’t mentioned that in the last week have I?,😂)

I don’t think I will try that pull up either, but articfox, your suggestion of an assisted pull up sounds good. I have bands that I use to stretch and lunge, pity that they have been in storage! Much more useful if I used them 😆.
    I am very happy with my current weight and shape (size 14) so I keep checking back here for the chat and recipes.

Elky, I agree, this is a lovely place to make friends and enjoy life, eat well and stay healthy

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

I am seriously struggling with Fast 800 🙁 haven’t been able to stick to it for even a week. And if I eat carbs I find myself craving them more. Last week I put on 4lb which was depressing to say the least. I’ve thought about going for the 5:2 with low carb but no calorie counting aside from 2 days but that really feels like a cop out. Mainly because I don’t feel I’ve tried hard enough and given into temptation too easily with the 800. Don’t feel motivated at all and just disappointed in myself.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m sorry that you have been struggling, StrongCurves…Is it the calorie restriction that’s challenging you, or the elimination of
    the carbs? We all want to help, so if you could be more specific, useful strategies will be coming your way 🙂

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.