ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning April 9th 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I told myself I’d have a the greatest French croissant I could find when I reached my goal. My OH’s parents even promised to fly me to Paris for the occasion so I could get the greatest in the world. When the time came, the last thing I wanted was to go backwards. Instead they flew us to Rome where I ordered tripe and roasted sea bass and puntarelle and sauteed chickory by the metric ton. Now that was a celebration.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I understand Scottishgal . I grieved for a time for FRUIT ! My goodness I could pack away kilos of the stuff.Honestly in a market I was on a high !! Tropical fruit especially ..mangos, pineapple, lychees,grapes..Any fruit in fact I could eat a mango a day, no problem ! It was crammed into my blender along with oats,seeds, nut butters etc etc.
    I thought I could go back to eating fruit but no. I watched a video and althougth I initially resisted the verdict, I now understand that ‘fruit is confectionery on a tree’ and bears little ressemblance to the unadulterated fruit our ancestors ate. I was pumping myself full of Sugar, fructose…my liver must have been screaming !!
    You can have a treat but again it’s about making the right choice which you will realise is not a deprivation at all. Esnecca found a better , more nutritious treat than the croissant and celebrated it ! I have berries and a very occasional apple .I do eat choc but not the fatty Dairy Crunch, Mars bars, Bountie bars, Smarties etc I would consume by the ton.Now it’s a delectible square of very very dark choc.I don’t eat less athan 85% cacao.Lindt 90% is great, Lidl and Aldi have lots of good dark choclolate too. I am goign to seek out Essie’s choc recommendations which I think are sold in the coffee/tea outlets here.
    Don’t think in terms of deprivation, think in terms of positive gains and there are loads of them !!
    Believe in yourself Scottish gal. Skipping is right !
    You can get there !

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Good morning, ( evening)
    Another 4 packs of butter gone since last Friday. That means, if I allow myself to round up by 50g( and I deserve to) 40 packs of butter gone. FORTY!
    My goal is now only 8 packs away. I’m off on holiday tomorrow and admit to having quite mixed feelings about it.
    Much of our meaningful family time is spent around a table, we eat out every weekend and I enjoy cooking nice meals. There has been less of this In the last 5 weeks, but I see this as an anomaly rather than a change.
    Our time away will be spent in our holiday house in Spain. It’s a touristy area, with lots of expats and even a couple of Iceland supermarkets where we normally stock up on food we miss from England, like crumpets. I can cope with the buying of crappy chocolate and crisps, but what’s really worrying me is the daily trips to our favourite restaurants. It’s something I felt quite relaxed about a couple of weeks ago and is now filling me with dread.
    I will be making healthier choices and avoided all the white stuff but I won’t be fully in control. I won’t be weighing myself every day and meticulously logging everything i eat. ( I was considering taking the scales)I have the tendency to become obsessive and this diet has consumed a lot of my thoughts and mental energy. I can see that this is why I have succeeded but it’s not making the next week easy. I had an unhealthy relationship with food I my early 20s and can see that re-emerging.
    Sorry that was so long but it’s been really cathartic to get all these thoughts out of my head.
    I don’t want to feel gloomy about my holiday or quality time with my family.

• posted by On a mission
    on

Skipping – you can do this. Most European restaurants don’t serve carbs other than bread if you stick to traditional fare (with the exception of Paella) and if you fancy paella then make it at home but without the rice. Joe Wicks has a recipe for chicken and chorizo with pine nuts – it’s lovely and a great alternative . It’s on line. Plus, if you excerise before dinner you will be fine. Go for a run/cycle? or a swim before you go out and you will still be in fat burning mode. Don’t aim to loose weight whilst you are away but aim to maintain – it will be good practice for the future. You could also do the 5:2 for a few days. This worked for me this week as I’m on hols. I didn’t avoid carbs completely but, did take care with them and if I had any it was at lunch time. You could also skip lunch and go to 2 meals a day. I’m sure you will be fine you have done so well. What an achievement, with a busy family life this isn’t an easy task so enjoy your success and refocus when you come home. I’m sure it says in the book that a holiday from the dieting can actually be a good thing as it surprises your body. One more thing, I actually got really exciting about having a slice of good old toast when I was away and when the time came I really didn’t want it and had natural yoghurt with berries instead. So you’ll surprise yourself, our brains have been reprogrammed.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi skipping, I hope you have a lovely holiday. And please don’t let BSD spoil it! It is scary to let go of the rigorous control for a few days, but it is part of seeing BSD as a way of life rather than a diet. So try to see it as a positive challenge. The important thing is to avoid the perfectionist trap of thinking “what the hell” or “in for a penny, in for 3 kilos….”. As you say, avoid the obvious traps, and why not treat yourself to some more expensive healthy options as your way of pushing the boat out? I am just back from Vienna, and managed to keep the same weight, despite carbs round every corner. All the restaurants were happy to give me double veg/salad rather than potatoes/noodles/rice. I loved goulash and avoided schnitzel.. I kept away from wine. And I chose to have some cakes, with no regrets. For me that turned out to be the right balance for the holiday, and I am back to basics now. You will find your balance, and shout if it starts to go wrong! Bonnes vacances!

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Skipping, I can relate to the worry before the holiday; I said the same before I went to Dorset last month close to the end of the 8 weeks.

It gave me confidence that the BSD suits me even when everyone else is going a different way.

I stayed in ketosis and , even though some restaurants only had eggs and bacon, another had an avocado salad that I fancied.

Spain has tapas culture, great olive oil and if you have your own place your breakfast can be as you wish.

If we didn’t worry, we would turn up without a plan.

I didn’t measure food quantities that week and had a few bites of dessert, but my indulgence was eating a huge bag of mixed nuts.
    Beware of buying a large bag of nuts unless others will help you eat them! My family were very sceptical about the nuts helping me lose weight! If they weren’t handy I would have just had tea.
    Iceland has bags of frozen berries, if you want to make dessert.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning ladies I am feeling a little down today😢. I jumped on the scales when I got up from my short sleep after my nightshift and the scales 16-13 and yesterday they were 16-8😢. I am very very tired and bloated from my monthly! I had to get up early as I had to take my O/H to the station and then have my hair done so 3 hrs and a half sleep since 12.30 yesterday. I know this has everything to do with lack of sleep and my period but today for the first time I feel really really low and as if I have failed. Sorry I don’t me to feel sorry for myself but I can’t help it, I want to fast today as the last time I ate was 3.30 am but I also want to eat the rest of my steak today? I made this frittata’s that Essie posted for me and they were yum and so simple to make. So not so chirpy Birdy today. Sorry.

Skipping please don’t worry about your holiday as I am sure it is probably just what you neeed at the mo👙☀️ The others are right it won’t be a problem and if you make a choice to eat something off of this WOE then so be it you have the tools and it will be fine. I hope you have an amazing time lovely lady🤗💞🦜

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone. Oh Birdy, it is only a glitch or what I would call a big poo. Have you been. 5lb is what we fluctuate on a daily basis, did you weigh at the same time. This is not the time to go off plan but to get motivated to see that number go down. By the way, I was 77.4kg yesterday – up by 0.4kg – today I am 76.9kg which is 0.1kg down from Tuesday – no rhyme or reason but it will even out.

I am also pleased to say my BG are back in the normal range of 5.6 this morning after climbing up to 8.2. No more supplements for me. I am still using up the FF milk hubby bought but it will probably go off before I finish the 2lt carton but it is obviously not that causing my problems. He is back on semi skimmed as the FF gave him the trots.

We are out tonight at a Franco Britannique quiz in our village. Everyone takes a plate of food (sweet or savoury) and it is all put on one long table. I have made pastry less quiches like little muffins – the French probably wont touch them but just in case they all go and there is nothing I can eat I will have a couple in my picnic hamper. We are eating a light fish stew before we go as I cannot wait until around 10 pm to eat. Should be a good laugh. Have a good weekend.

• posted by On a mission
    on

Ah Birdy don’t feel down. Tomorrow is another day and remember it will be mainly fluid. Working shifts really messes with your body. Are you working tonight, if not have a long soak in the bath or put your favourite music on and chill out. You’ll soon be chirpy again. X

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi sunshine I have had movements but they did need a little help yesterday with some linseeds in my yogurt but I haven’t had a great clear out. I retain lots of fluid when I am on too. I am not going to go off plan I promise. In fact last night was the first night I didn’t have hunger when working nights and it was great. I did however feel empty and hungry when I finished but I liked it! I also had a short latte from Starbucks and I am regretting it now. What a silly girl I am. I don’t stay blue for long as it is not in my genetic makeup and sleep deprivation is the devil 👿. Give me a good nigh.ts sleep tonight and I am sure today will have been like it never happened. Thank you SG 💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you on a mission, no no work now until Wednesday, I have decided to fast today and look forward to my steak tomorrow evening. I haven’t eaten since 3.30am so I am already 18 hrs in. Feeling positive about that now. 💞🦜

• posted by On a mission
    on

Great stuff Birdy.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Skipping, you’ll be absolutely fine because you are so in control and determined to succeed. This way of eating has to be forever and so you will learn that if you put on a few pounds during special occasions like holidays, you can soon get them off when you stick to BSD on your return. I have been doing BSD now since January 2017 and am maintaining. I have just been away and did put on a few pounds because I had things I wouldn’t normally eat whilst away (conscious decision and eaten mindfully). However, I went straight into a 42 hour water only fast when I got back (not the best idea to be honest as I had a terrible headache) but I am back into ketosis and back to basics on BSD. Like you I used to weigh daily but during maintenance I found it can affect my mood depending on what they say so now I only weigh intermittently. Maybe people you could not weigh yourself for a week or so after you come back so that gives you time to undo any holiday damage. Stick to the BSD principles as much as you can whilst you’re away- I remember when I went to an all inclusive luxury hotel whilst losing my weight I ate no bread, pasta, rice etc but did have a couple of desserts and some drinks and the weight was soon off. I’ve relaxed my way of eating at weddings, holidays, Christmas and birthdays and still am within a few pounds of my goal weight because I go back to basics as soon as possible and ai think that is the key to a lifelong BSD WOE. Have a lovely holiday- you’ve worked hard and lost 40 packets of lard. I always measured my success in packets of lard- I lost 90 packets. This is an amazing weight loss tool.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Chirp up Birdy ! Time of the month is a distant memory for me but I know it reeks havoc with hormone balance and fluid retention. Don’t get too hung up on the numbers. If it gets you down, then maybe just postpone any weigh ins at certain times until things settle. Remember JGwen’s wise words that weight discard is not linear.She has dropped dress sizes and inches without seeing any movement on the scales.
    Just keep doing what you are doing.You are having to manage late working hours which I am sure would have discouraged many but you have found stategies which work for you.
    You are tired, crikey you have been full on the last few days , not sleeping enough and of course you are tired.
    Rest up Birdy. Enjoy your work free days !

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Have a great holiday skipping and try not to worry about what you eat. Everyone on here has given some great suggestions, ideas and wise words. Reading the posts definitely makes me think differently and see things from a different perspective.
    Sorry to hear you’re a bit down today birdy. You’ve always been so chirpy and cheerful and reading your posts always cheers me up. You’re so full of beans and so positive! You’ve got the determination and willpower to make this work for you. I wish you could bottle it and send some to me lol. Hope you get a good sleep tonight and you’re back to your normal self again tomorrow.
    I’ve realised my problem is boredom at work. No excuses over the weekend so I’m going to attempt a 24 hour fast (but have bacon and egg available in case I need to resort to a fat fast) and try to recoup the damage I’ve done this week.
    Have a great weekend everyone x

• posted by wendleg
    on

OMG !!!! I am appalled !!! Just spotted an advert on British tv for the most revolting thing. It was a cheese gloopy concoction squirted from a tube (like toothpaste) over a jacket potato with a voice over saying “No need to grate ”

How do these food manufacturers ( Primula in this case) think it is acceptabe to market such CRAP in 2019 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Evil PROCESSED foods! Yuck, yuck, yuck!

on

Thanks for the kind words and great suggestions. There are lots of things I can eat but Spanish food is fairly high calorie, but salads are plentiful. I doubt the sweet stuff will tempt me it’s more likely to be the chopitos, which are my favourite tapa. They are tiny squid about 1/2 – 1 cm dusted in flour and fried for 30 seconds. No a dieters delight but I’m sure if I’m going off plan for 1 meal these will be the ones to tempt me.
    Birdy , I stopped weighing myself every day for a couple of weeks when my weight loss really slowed or went up. It really messes with your head when you put on a 1lb doesn’t it? You have lost a massive amount already. Focus on that.
    Sunshine that’s one giant poo!
    Our house has no internet or phone signal and I usually take the opportunity to do an internet detox. I’ll miss you, I’m sure.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you Wendy, and Scottishgal, after I wrote my post I made a fire in my log burner as it is pretty cold today and being tired makes me even colder! Then I grated some ginger brought it to the boil and simmered for ten minutes to make my ginger cordial. My house smelt so good! I love ginger and since being on this WOE spice is getting more addictive. I then put a little in a bottle of sparkling water and sat back to enjoy the fire and watch a film. I watched the latest Christoper Robin movie🤣. I love Winnie the Pooh and my favourite is Tigger(which has been a nickname of mine for many years🤣❤️) it had some tearjerker moments so let the tears flow and now I am feeling better! I often have a cry when I am on and it relieves thOse pesky hormones and makes me feel lighter.🤣 hope you all have a great weekend, I am enjoying the empty feeling in my tummy and letting the ginger do it’s job! Oh and I am also thinking of how nice my rare steak will taste tomorrow. Banging! Me thinks.😉💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wendy that sounds disgusting! If you are going to have cheese on a jacket then it has to be grated extra mature!!🤣🤣

Skipping yes it does. Can I just say that since I have been on this WOE I have only watched two things in a week and a bit🤣. Greys anatomy and the film I have just watched. All my habits seem to be changing for the better🤣

💞🦜

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Have a great holiday, Skipping. I bet you will be just fine – I hope it doesn’t stop you enjoying the break. Everyone else has such fantastic advice for you, so I’m just going to send good thoughts. Will be excited to hear what you got up to when you get back.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Wendy, this talk of processed cheese food dredged up a long ago memory…When I was in college, there was no such
    thing as mini refrigerators in suite rooms, so my roommate and I used to buy crackers and some sort of spray cheese
    food that was in an aerosol can. It didn’t require refrigeration (can you imagine the chemicals in it!?) and we’d pig out on
    it after dinner! A nice bottle of artificially sweetened “diet soda” to go with it….When we ran out of these foul pleasures,
    it was off to the vending machines…We had a technique of tilting them on their sides, and one of us would madly
    pull on all of the levers until an armload of candy poured out! How healthy!!! Ahh, to have that metabolism again.
    I never gained a lb. from all of that poison/trash! We were greedy pigs 🙂 Weekends were spent at one of the men’s
    colleges, where we were swept along on a sea of beer on tap, at one of the fraternity houses. Maybe this is where
    the insulin resistance began? How did we survive such self abuse? 🙂 🙂 🙂 I haven’t been able to touch beer since!

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Have a fabulous holiday Skipping🌷⚘🌷⚘🌷
    Everybody else has said it all, have a blast.
    Birdy 🐦 I loved Christopher Robin and we’re watching Grey’s tonight too…weird. Sleep deprivation is horrific and plays havoc, your ginger cordial is exactly what I would do…I think we must be soul mates 😍
    Sottishgal I’m so sorry you’re having a tough time this week all I can do is second everyone else’s wise words and send my love and support.
    Kafin hope Vegas is going OK xxx

In my house Katy is fully recovered, Ben has been offered a place a uni and I bought and fit into a size 14/16 bright orange dress covered in japanese storks….I love it….and can’t believe it.
    Does any body else have the same thoughts that they’ll wake up the next day and all the weight has come back 😱
    Love to you all xxxxxx

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I’m glad things are coming right for you, Shellbob, you’ve had a tough time. I wish we could share pics here, I want to see your new dress! I’m back from Vegas and I don’t know who’s more excited, me or Albert (the cat)!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Shellbob, BELIEVE IT! I used to have a walking nightmare when I was first in maintenance..It was completely
    irrational, and I thought if I ate one of the “bad whites”, when I awoke in the morning I would discover it had all been
    a dream! Even now, I never eat any of the bad carbs, just in case! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

I’m trying Allie, I think its going to take a while for me to get to know the new me 🤔
    Glad Albert is pleased to see you Kafin, and well done for surviving Vegas 🙌 I’d love to post a pic too 😉 xxx

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Shellbob I am so glad things are going well in your household and amazing news on your sons uni place! I am made up for you and him. Yes we probably are and I am discovering a few on here. You guys are awesome. When I first got with my other half I think I was on season 11 of Grey’s and he would sit and watch sometimes with me, but was not that bothered, then it came onto amazon prime and I said I tell you what instead of asking me questions about characters and storylines let’s start watching it from the beginning together. We started just before Christmas and we are now on season 12, with me still watching the new season and keeping them on the sky box for when he has caught up🤣🤣. I have never missed an episode, love love love Grey’s. I don’t have nightmares but I still keep thinking the scales are wrong😜 and this weight loss is a dream🤣.

Allie when I was in Florida back in the late 90’s I bought a can of said spray cheese and I loved it. I had seen it in movies and always wanted to try it🤣🤣. But yes how many chemicals!!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

I know JUST what you mean, Shellbobs!. I think it took me my first full year in maintenance before I could “trust”
    that this was the new me. In actuality though, it was actually the “return of the old me” that I really meant. I
    hadn’t seen her in 17 years 🙂

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I can’t wait to be where you are Allie. Do you still fast and how often? 💞🦜

• posted by alliecat
    on

You will be, Birdy! The months pass quickly, and you will surprise yourself. 🙂 I don’t really think of the 10 stone loss
    as the big accomplishment…I just kept my head down, took no breaks or time off, and plowed on until I was where
    I wanted to be. Maintaining the loss is the true accomplishment! Re fasting: I’ve never been able to pull off a
    true fast of 24 hrs. I hit a wall at about 22 hrs. It’s something that has always eluded me! What I do is TRE (time
    restricted eating). Over the course of a week, I do 1 day of 22:4, and the remainder I switch up between 16:8 and 18:6.
    I do find OMAD (one meal a day) challenging, because I can’t see any way in which to consume enough calories
    at one sitting! I’m in awe of those that routinely do this, as well as a 36-48 hr fast once a month. Still a work in
    progress! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Scottishgal, how does the fast suit you? I realized that yesterday I had an unplanned fat day, zero green vegetables.

Yesterday I ate Battered fish (without eating the batter) following a full Irish breakfast. We have a thing about fish n chips on Friday, but usually I have spinach smoothie earlier.

Today I am going to have a broth fast as I feel stuffed. My foot is returned to it’s usual shape, but very bruised and I want to give my body a chance to repair.

Kafin, happy birthday to you🎂 hope you and Albert the cat have a good day, anticipating a wonderful year to come.

Shellbob, delighted to hear Katy has recovered, Ben well done! 😁 You will stand out in your orange dress with stork print, and your svelte self. I love that word, svelte so much more sophisticated than slim.

Birdy76, it’s been a blast! Your enthusiasm and caring attitude has given us a lively forum this week. Ginger cordial will be made today, what a great idea. I used to enjoy ginger ale, but the sugar would sicken me now. Do you add lemon juice?

Skipping, have a wonderful holiday in Spain. You could find lovely new food to add to your favourites.

6turkeys, we miss you and wonder how you are doing.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Can we all join together to wish Kafin a happy 46th birthday from each and everyone of us to show her she is not alone today.
    Happy Birthday to you !
    Happy Birthday to you !
    Happy Birthday dear Kafin !
    Happy Birthday to you !!!!

I’m singing that by the way
    love from Wendy xxx

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Happy Birthday Kafin. Thinking of you and hoping you have a lovely day whatever your plans.
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Kafin
    Happy Birthday to you x
    🎼🎵🎂🥂🎁🎉

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Hi Patricia, I’ve never managed to do a proper fast. Work always gets in the way! I’ve managed to last until 11am so it’s more of TRE.
    I liked your link the other day about fat fasting so I’ve got that in my mind as a back up plan lol.
    I haven’t eaten since 7.30 last night…..and I’m struggling already lol. I’m going to keep busy and get stuck into housework with a bit of pampering afterwards (hair really needs dyed and I do it myself). Will probably pop in here throughout the day for inspiration and to keep up the motivation. Lovely and sunny here too which always lifts the mood

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Happy Birthday Kafin – I hope it’s a good one and wish you many happy returns of the day.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Happy birthday Kafin have a great day hun. Give Albert a tickle under his chin from me too. You have had a tough conference so now relax, kick back and enjoy the discard. Love Birdy❤️💕💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I am a little confused about fasting now!🤣. I have fasted since 3.30am yesterday morning. This morning I have had a coffee with milk and I am drinking water, is the coffee and milk going to effect my discard? I have also decided to try and not weigh myself as I don’t want to be disappointed. I won’t be eating for a few more hours as I am working in my friends gorgeous little cafe until 2.30, lost of cakes but I am not even worried about temptation as I know I don’t want it I want to discard much more than any piece of cake or bad carb out there. I am also confused about fat fasting too. Sorry ladies it seems messing with waking hours has put me in the mode of banging my head in brick wall🤣🤣🤣. Any advice will be greatly received. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

So I have fasted 30hrs so far🤣💞🦜

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Happy birthday Kafin, hope you have a wonderful sunny birthday 💝💌🌻💐🍾🎈🎉🎁

on

Happy Birthday Kanfin, hope that Albert is more forgiving than my cat- he usually pops in my suitcase after I’ve left him. This year is going to be your year, I’ve got a really good feeling about it

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Scottishgal, when I tried before I couldn’t cope with fasting especially going without breakfast, so I’m totally with you that you need a back up plan if you feel nauseous.

My fat fast was something I did by accident and I felt so full that I spontaneously decided to fast today. I did not expect that I couldn’t face any chips last night, and this morning I had a cup of beef stock gel (not the cube) and a spoon of seed mix because my bones are knitting and need good quality protein.

Birdy76, 30 hours fasting, that’s tremendous. How much longer do you intend to wait until your meal? My plan is to have breakfast tomorrow morning. That will be 40 hours.

I don’t know enough about fasting to answer your question about the effect milk in tea. I can’t imagine how it could affect ketosis, as it’s only a few calories.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Scottishgal
    When you say work gets in the way of your fast, what are your working hours ? I find it much easier to fast when I am out of the house all day and just work through my lunch hour. Obviously if you start to feel unwell you must break your fast .24h is standard for me on workdays apart from Wednesday when I finish at midday. Push yourself if you can but it might be more manageable to build up slowly . It needs practice but it does get easier.I think my longest was 60h from Sundy evening to Wednesday lunchtime but I would only do that about once a month.I am convinced of the amazing health benefits.
    Have a nice pampering session and a lovely day.
    Hope you continue to heal , Patricia. 40h fast will be a tremendous achievement.
    Birdy that’s fantastic, 30h. I only ever have water and green tea when I fast and I am not sure about the effect of a small amount of milk in coffee. Bone broth is another acceptable drink ( and pickle juice) but I have never got my head around those. Maybe Essie can advise ?

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh Shellbob your bright orange dress with Japanese storks sounds FAB FAB FAB and definitely one I would go for too ! In my size 20 days I had a Boden light cord dress in oatmeal with brown squirrels all over it and I found beautiful acorn earrings on Etsy.I have sold the dress but if I ever find it in a size 16 it will be mine again !!
    I am so pleased things are settling for you with your uplifting news about Katy and Ben.We worry so much about our kids and just want them to be happy.That will be a fantastic new start for Ben . You are a star ..coping with all the stress and health worries and not giving in. Have a massive hug xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Allie you were so NAUGHTY in college 😉 I love it !!
    Seriously though I think the word ‘abuse’ is totally appropriate when I see the ‘foods’ that are being marketed STILL !! I have heard the term FRANKENFOOD too. Spray cheese !! Cheese in a tube !!! There is also that vile stringy stuff which the manufacturers say it made from ‘real cheese’ OMG I want to scream . When I was in hospital last year they tried to feed me rehydrated powder for mashed potatoes. NO NO NO !! How is it allowed ??

• posted by wendleg
    on

Birdy, did you see this post by Patricia on the Take a look at this thread ??

posted by Patricia1066
    on 11 Apr 2019 at 17:42
    I saw an explanation of fat-fasting here that I can understand. It’s quite different from the balanced diet, meant for long-term use. I think it could help if you want to kick the carb habit, but hunger kicks back.

https://idmprogram.com/what-is-fat-fasting-and-when-should-you-do-it/

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Hi Wendleg, my work is a boring desk job and I’m really not happy there at the moment. So I tend to eat out of boredom and to cheer myself up! It used to be a walk to the canteen or vending machine was the highlight of my day! I haven’t been to the canteen since 7th January when I started BSD. I expect their profits are way down! Now I’m trying to keep to Greek yoghurt, sugar free sweets, nuts or a small amount of dark chocolate. There is no way I could fast for 24 hours at work. But at home I’m much happier and can keep myself busy with lots of things.
    Still not eaten anything so far………….

• posted by wendleg
    on

ok Scottishgal..you know I m going to ‘nag’ you and tell you that food won’t really help with boredom and mood 😉 Can you take a more nutritious lunch with healthy fat ( avocado, egg etc) to keep you fuller and not thinking about food when the boredom strikes ? I am not telling you off 😉 but I don’t like the sound of those sugar free sweets ….Nuts and some good quality dark choc ..nice ! I found it easier to totally banish sugar to tackle the addiction and I think ‘substitute’ sugars are still perpetuating the sugar cravings .

I can’t get bored in my job so that makes it easier 😉
    Thinking of you and sending you a motivational and inspirational hug

Ps Can you look for another job ????

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi all
    I have just finished Week Four of Fast800 and am feeling great. So happy with my energy levels – I haven’t felt this good for a while! And many of my aches have gone. I am not T2 and don’t have a problem with blood glucose, but wanted to discard 7-8 kg that have been hanging around too long. I am only 4’11” so carrying extra weight puts strain on my 60+ y.o joints.
    Anyway, I just wanted to jump in on the milk in coffee/tea chat. I did MMs 5:2 for 2-3 years and even though on my 2 fast days I would have just 500 cals with a mini lunch and then dinner spread over 36 hrs, I always had my morning 2 cups of coffee with splash of milk (40ml or so). I counted the cals and it never seemed to interfere with my fast.
    So now with Fast800 I also have splash of milk – I now drink unsweetened soy which is slightly lower carbs than cows – in my 2 morning cups of coffee. I am doing 16/8 – eating between about 12-8pm – 2 meals. I have my coffee in the morning. It doesn’t effect my keto and I am discarding weight each week. I also sometimes stir in a teaspoon of powdered fibre (like Benefiber) into my coffee as it helps keep me feeling full until lunch.
    My thoughts are that if a little adjustment makes it easier to stay on this WOE, or on the 5:2 way, then as long as you count the carbs/cals in the milk then go for it. I know there are many who wouldn’t agree 😀 but I’m just saying from my experience. I am under 20g carb total each day.
    Happy Saturday everyone!

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

I’ve gone one better today Wendy, I’ve finally gone for it and got some new things from Matalan (not too expensive) mostly 14 tops 16 bottoms and a size 14 denim jacket to wear with my stork dress tonight 😃. I know this is all very frivolous but I can’t stop grinning 😁😁😁😁😁😁. I think I’m going to learn to take the seams in on a few of my old favs xxxxx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Frivolous is definitely fine Shellbob ! You deserve it ! Keep grinning, girl ! This is inspiration for anyone feeling a bit down and lacking motivation.You can do it !!

I had a massive clear out today of stuff I know I will NEVER wear again. Mainly size 20 and 22s.I even found some smaller size 16 stuff lurking in the back of my wardobe which fit easily !!
    I wish I could invite you all round and say help yourselves 😉 Size 12s and 14 ladies, don’t be offended .These are for us larger ladies 😉
    I have some lovely Gudrun Sjoden XL dresses I think I will try to sell. I love Gudrun. Natural fabrics , gorgeous prints and bright colours, not for the faint hearted . I bought a lovely linen dress in oatmeal last year in her sale size L which was far too small and now it looks great ! That is my Brighton wedding outfit with a nice bright scarf and wacky earrings !!
    I am trying not to buy anything new right now as I am happy with my preloved stuff and things I have dug out of the wardrobe but I know I won’t be able to resist TKMaxx !!
    Grinning with you Shellbob !!!!!!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.