One week at a time beginning 30th November 2021 . See out 2021 together !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Happy New Year everyone! 2021 was just an awful year for me, so here’s hoping 2022 will be much better and I can have a hope at getting back on track. Having the horses at home meant that I wasn’t running back and forth to a livery all holiday, so I was able to enjoy Christmas with my family. First time we’ve all been together in 2 years. Even my sister who lives 6 hours away was able to join us this year. The major highways are still largely closed, except to commercial traffic, but she was able to fly. She was lucky and managed to get home before omicron started to really take off. We’re headed into more of a lockdown now again, but luckily they announced yesterday that they are accelerating the booster program, so I should be eligible next week.
    Unfortunately, I did eat a huge amount of carbs over the holiday as that was what was available. I’ve been quite off piste for the last several months anyway, but was just starting to be a bit better diet-wise when I had the week off work before Christmas. But ready to start over again now. The redeeming thing is that we had a big dump of snow on Christmas Eve and all through Christmas day, so I was shovelling snow the whole time and burning a ton of calories in the process. It’s also been as cold as -34 C, so I’ve been having to run buckets of warm water from the house out to the horses, and that takes quite a bit of effort as well. Warmed up to -20 this morning though, so that has made things a bit easier.
    I’ll check in here on the new thread from time to time, I think, but I also think I’m going to join the Countdown to Easter thread as well. I feel like it is going to take me a lot longer than one week to get fully back into things, so would be nice to have a longer term to aim for.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Good to see you articfox and yes what a year you have had ! You have incredible resilience. No matter how long it takes you to readjust, you just follow your own rhythm but I hope you pop in on the weekly thread now and again to give us your news and so we know you are OK.

For any Kindle users who haven’t got a copy of Jason Fung’s The Obesity Code,it’s currently £2.49.This book was a game changer for me in 2018

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Woah, just seen that it’s only 6.5 weeks until my birthday, where I have set myself a goal to lose 14 lbs- I just need to tap into that resolve I started out on my 45 lb weight loss goal…which I smashed! Hmmmm, resolve, resolve, where are you?! I have just finished a novel so will give the Fast 800 another read next.

Love to all, Lauren and Elle-Mae, hope you are ok!!
    Good to hear everyone’s news, OneStep, ArcticFox.

xxx

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Day 1….Ted, I’m going mad (quoting Dougal)

(with hunger) 🤣🤣😃🤣🤣

• posted by florob85
    on

I posted earlier and it seems to have disappeared, maybe I wasn’t logged in or something!

I need help or encouragement or tough love or anything! I keep trying to get back on track properly, I know this is the only plan that works for me and I know I can do it, but carb flu keeps tripping me up – I seem to have lost the resolve and willpower I had before and can’t power through it, I feel simply dreadful whenever I quit carbs and nothing seems to help so I know it’s a case of powering through but I seem to have lost my mojo.

I’m 14 weeks from my wedding and 8 weeks from my first fitting, I’ve tried my dress on today and it JUST fits but not well, so I reckon I need to lose at least a stone in 8 weeks to fit in, 1.5 if possible. So I’m starting once again tomorrow, I’m going to do 16/8 so won’t need breakfast, dinners are fine – never had a problem thinking of dinner ideas but I am so stuck for lunch ideas, so hit me with it!! I HATE soup and I’m not keen on eggs at all which makes it challenging!! I also only like salad if it tastes or NOTHING – so no rocket, peppery leaves, endive etc.

Give me all the ideas!! I need your help lovely forum buddies xx

Lauren xx

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Lauren- you have a goal in sight, you can do this!! Do you like cheese? Is that any good for you with salad?

Today was- messy……so, my conclusion is, I need to de-carb before de-calorie-ing….day 2 tomorrow….come on!!

Love to all xxx

• posted by Onestep
    on

Thanks Wendy, I haven’t read the obesity code yet must put it on my list, got the new fast 800 coming tomorrow hopefully give me some more motivation and ordered the journal too just to help.
    I think it’s this time of year, wet and miserable so personally I want warm foods not salad, for lunch I’ll have left overs from dinner, can even take that to work if you’ve got access to a microwave.
    Roast veg are nice cold too with sausages or chicken.
    Lettuce wraps, chicken Caesar salad, erm think that’s me out of ideas 🙂
    That’s a fantastic achievement tulip, well done!
    Reasonable day today, although made a mistake of eating a banana this morning and then it seemed we’d only got highish carb veg in, but overall wasn’t a right off but higher than I’d of liked but shop ordered and tomorrows a new day.
    Have a great new day tomorrow all xx

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Lauren meant to reply earlier but time got away from me. Could you have breakfast things for lunch ie the smoothies, porridge but at lunchtime if you get my drift.
    Wendy I have downloaded the Obesity Code and am looking forward to reading it Ty for the heads up.
    My eye is still red, maybe a bit better, so it’s going to take time.
    New Year’s Day and yesterday not so good, so I am planning an 800 cal week to shift the 3lbs I have gained then back on the 5:2. Meals all planned and shipped for. Trying hard to up the water intake 🥛

• posted by wendleg
    on

HI everyone ! It’s time to set up our new thread for 2022 !!

See you over there !

Please log in or register to post a reply.