ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning 10th September 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Busybee
    on

I am still here Wendy!
    I have had a good week as I did another egg fast, lost 4 lbs which included a gain of two pounds last weekend.
    I have tried really hard to keep Carbs low fat over the weekend and hope to maintain the loss when I start another egg fast oh Tuesday. We go away the week after next and I would love to lose another couple of pounds to reach the stone off, again, since July.
    Have a good week one and all.
    X B

• posted by wendleg
    on

Wow, you are rocking the egg fasts Busybee ! Great results and I have no doubt you will reach your target for the next Week or so .xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Sorry V.I didn’t want you to think I was addressing your fear of food ! I was making a general comment about long term commitment and our changing responses to food . I certainly did fear food, thought about food constantly , stuffing myself mindlessly. I neither treated food nor myself with respect.
    I don’t do full keto as I can’t handle all the animal fat so I adjust things but I have relaxed into my routine. Wishing you all the best, V. 5 weeks sounds manageable ? xx
    Love the thought of BeeGirl with red and blue hair !! I am more Wolverhampton Wanderers  😉 !!!

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Hi all, my nephew is away home to Canada after spending a fortnight with us and I’m now back from a really wonderful trip to Vienna with my lovely mum. So, no more excuses/events on the horizon for me and I fully intend to get seriously back into this WOE again.
    I haven’t had a chance to catch up on the threads but I will join in again properly when the new weekly thread starts.
    Hope everyone is doing well. Also hope your husband is getting better each day Wendy.
    See you all on next weeks thread.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi all!
    Hi Wendy – I’m here 😊 It’s been a good week – maintained – even with a couple of gins snuck in!
    I am agreeing with all those who are working with this WOE to suit their lifestyle. Too many rules and macros sometimes blur our vision. so CaliforniaGirl has nailed it.
    I am like others – keeping at low carb works best for me – and I can’t eat unlimited / until satiety with fats etc. I am small framed to have to be aware of my TDEE. I have found I can up the carbs a little – maybe 30-40g – to maintain, but need to keep to 20g if I need to shed a kilo or two.
    And a special shout out to Birdy – I hope your week is going well and ciggie free.
    🌼🌺

• posted by EC
    on

Hi everyone
    Sorry for the radio silence….another ridiculously busy work week….and will be under the pump from now til January

Kafin chard/silverbeet doesn’t hold grudges 😉
    ….but all this talk of it has reminded me to re-visit palaak paneer which is basically a curry of steamed silverbeet or spinach cooked with Indian spices, belnded with paneer (or subs feta) and a little yoghurt. It’s normally served with rice but it occurred to me that it would make a great sauce for other veg such as broccoli and cauliflower……(I’ll let you all know the outcome)

We did have a lovely Spring weekend thanks, Wendy-new veg seedlings in and glorous sunshine. My ornamental cherry has its first blossoms on and the magnolia stellata is just glorious!! This morning, though….a smattering of snow on the mountain and COLD-typical spring weather!!!

6turkeys…so sorry about your hair experience. I’ve avoided hairdressers much of my life, but have finally found one who I’m happy with (even has dogs in the studio!) and apart from trying unsuccessfully to train my cowlick, really listens!!!

10 days today til we leave-we have a totally free week between the two work events and just booked all our accommodation for that part of the trip on the weekend!!-very exciting!-trying to up the hill walks so that I’m (literally) fit to travel as I’d like to do some decent day walks (as long as we don’t come across any bears!!!-those we don’t have in Aus!!)

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Wendy no problems! I have no idea where I am at the moment and couldn’t remember seeing your original post.
    A strange thing happened to me yesterday. We had lunch out which I didn’t really enjoy and felt unsatisfied. Last night I had two slices of good bread toasted with butter and cheese. I expected the carbs to have raised my BG this morning but it was actually ‘normal’. When I worked it out the only carbs I’d had all day were in the bread which I had with plenty of fat! Maybe we do stress too much about ‘food’ and should take more notice of Californiagirls’s latest posts ( can’t remember which thread she posted on).
    Anyway, it’s Monday so almost time for a new week and a clean slate!

• posted by StrongCurves
    on

3 hours to go until my 16 hour fast is done. When I walked into the office this morning, was greeted by a box of chocolates for my team’s snack area. Just a little challenge thrown in there! 😛
    It’s my brothers birthday today but the family celebrated with a steak pie lunch and coffee and walnut cake yesterday. There’s a couple of slices left and being homemade makes it all the more tempting! I am telling myself to be the selfless sibling and turn down any, it’s his cake after all.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Strongcurves! I hope you made it through the last 3 hours. How darstardly folks are for putting carbarge temptations in your way. Walk right past them SC!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Well done SC❤️ Merry thank you my lovely💖 I have done 7days. I am so so happy with that, even though I am a little down with withdrawal and putting 7lbs on! I am hoping it is stress and fluid. I haven’t had loads of buns and carbbage! I did drink wine over the weekend though.

Hope everyone is ok and I will be back to normal soon. I promise.

Birdy💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

Good to see that my relentless clucking brings you out to shut me up 🤣!
    Well done on your first fast Strongcurves ! I hope you are proud of yourself as you doubted you could manage it ! Some carby obstacles in your path for sure but remember SG..it’s just food. It has no magic powers. It will be around some other time .but then you may not fancy it ..Eat something nourishing and feel good ! Xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

I will.be setting up the new weekly thread soon and will reply to you on.there but just wanted to congratulate Birdy on now being a,Non Smoker ! That is stupendous Birdy ! Ok it might take a bit of time to adjust but those few pounds will soon be dealt with . You are so determined to be in the best of health ..well done for showing so much commitment. You are a star and never do things by halves !

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am about to set up the new weekly thread..see you all over there !

Please log in or register to post a reply.