Nutrition levels

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Elsie 45
    on

Have managed below 800cals today and under 60g carbs. but my fitness pal shows I have had only 1/4 of daily potassium quota. Guess I will need but and mineral supplement. I am overweight and feel at risk of diabetes so want to give this a good try. GP has advised low carb but gym trainer tells mecI don’t eat enough and should eat 1400 Cals a day but that is not for me

• posted by hammersgirl
    on

Hi. Have you had a look at the lists of potassium-rich foods online? Not sure how they balance out carb-wise but probably worth a look.

• posted by Frog
    on

have a look at things that you know contain potassium that you’ve had, and see if its contained in the nutrition data on my fitness pal for the foods that you’ve logged.
    Because anyone can load anything, a lot of stuff in the MFP database may have some elements missing

I came across tomatoes today on MFP, where the entry had no carbs – presumably the person loading it to the database was counting calories and fat, so that was all they’d loaded.
    Given that potassium isn’t regularly monitored, or given in nutrition data on food packets, it’s likely to have been missed from the database.

Please log in or register to post a reply.