Non Scale Victories

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

I haven’t posted on this thread for yonks but am just making a commitment to myself that my gilet (mentioned in my post last year! ) will b zipping up easily by Christmas Eve.Dawn X

• posted by shoegirl
    on

Good luck, Dawn, fingers and toes crossed for you!!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thank you shoegirl!Hope you’re keeping well.Dawn X

• posted by shoegirl
    on

Yes, I’m going well, thanks Dawn, how’s life been going for you? I’m 5 weeks in to a rapid 800 start and so far so good. It’s been a while for me too. Zippers ready for Christmas Eve!!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Sounds like it’s going well shoegirl, I bet you’re having good results after 5 weeks.I had a lovely holiday recently which recharged my batteries but the photos confirmed my mid section does not handle carbs well:/ Am trying to go extra low carb for the next few weeks (lower than I usually do on Fast800) to help that zip go up by Christmas Eve! Dawn X

• posted by shoegirl
    on

That sounds like a good plan. I’m hoping to stay on 800 per day for another 3 weeks (until the beginning of December) then maybe ease a little depending on how many cms I’ve lost. Like you I find the waistline goal makes more sense than the scales.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

This is a great thread to have bumped back to the top of the list, thanks Dawn. Good to have a reminder it isn’t all about what reading is on the scales.
    Have a non-scales goal to work towards is very motivating and I’m sure if you stay focused, you’ll get the zipper on that gilet closed by Christmas eve.
    Showgirl, well done on five weeks back on the Fast 800 … getting back to basics occasionally is a good move. Helps to us the refamiliarise ourselves with portion control …. something I think many of us find sliding in maintenance.
    Best wishes to you both…. hope you both achieve your personal pre-Christmas goals.

• posted by shoegirl
    on

Hi SunnyB, thanks for your positive words of encouragement! How are you going? Any tips for when I move into the second stage of the program and start adding more food together with fasting days? I’m worried that the weight will jump back on!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Shoegirl, moving out of the 800 is daunting, but just take it slowly and continue to avoid the high carb and processed foods and you’ll do fine. Increase your intake slowing over a couple of weeks, keeping an eye on the scales, but also listening to your body and checking garment fit …. a non-scales gauge.

Over the eight weeks, your body will have adjusted to needing less food in both quantity and carbs, so don’t be scared to trust it. If you make your food choices using the BSD principles, you shouldn’t go far wrong.

• posted by shoegirl
    on

Love it! Thanks SunnyB.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Unfortunately I didn’t manage to reach my NSV as my willpower has gone completely out of the window! I’m hoping it returns in the new year🤞Dawn X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Dawn, you’re not alone. This time of year is really tough with regard to keeping control, staying on track is all be impossible! Do what you can and don’t beat yourself up for being human. Enjoy the festive season and we’ll all be back ready for a fresh start on the new year.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Sunny, hope you have a lovely Christmas.Dawn X

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hello everyone and Happy New Year.

Just wanted to give a shout out to JGwen. Long time no speak! How are you? Hope all is well X

Please log in or register to post a reply.