Newly diagnosed – the kick up the backside I have needed

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by CyclingTrevor
    on

I was diagnosed as type 2, 3 weeks ago. I am overweight and have been attending Weightwatchers for 4 years, losing a bit and putting it back on. I am currently 1 stone lighter than I was when I started, but 1 stone heavier than the lowest I got to. I in the past 5 years I have completed the 100 mile London-Surrey cycle ride twice and run a 10k last November. I have struggled with motivation as I always fell back on the “It doesn’t matter I’m overweight, because I’m fit enough to do all these big exercise challenges.”

Now I know that is not true and have to do something about it. I started the 8week BSD on Tuesday and so far all good.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Welcome CyclingTrevor. I just saw your post and wanted to wish you well. You dont seem to be asking a question but looking for motivation. As you are so recently diagnosed you are in the ideal position to be able to kick the T2 down the road so that should be all the kick up the backside you need. There are so many people on this site who have put their diabetes into remission, cured or vastly improved so it really will work for you. You do seem to be quite fit and you say being overweight has not motivated you in the past but you are certainly not healthy. That will change, you can be fit, healthy and slim (er).

Please log in or register to post a reply.