Newbie, week 1 day 3, loving this forum!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Larpent
    on

Hi I’m a 45 year old female living in south west France. I came across this diet by accident whilst trying to look for diet books on Amazon and very happy that I did! I’ve tried so many diets but over last few years I haven’t been able to find the motivation to stick to any, even been doing 5.2 for a year, never lost any weight but what it did do was cut my portion sizes down and got me used to fasting, so I count that as good. I am gluten intolerant and suffer with periods of IBS. I don’t know if I’m pre diabetes but I do know that I love sugar, I am a secret eater too, I exercise like mad but when I get stressed or depressed, which has been a lot I will happily buy and eat a big bar of chocolate, good stuff as my tastes have changed, love Lindt but so many of these bars have a type of wheat in them, so it has to stop for two reason! I’ve cut out crap food and biscuits because of wheat, but then moved on to bananas and dates, again two high sugars. So many things going around my head and so much advice on what and what not to eat, I think that’s a major problem. So now I’m getting used to the challenge of what I can eat for 800 calories a day, actually I enjoy it. This is day 3, yes weighed myself as can’t help that, down 1kilo, so that’s enough motivation and bizarrely It feels ok, having 300 calories more than a fast day seems amazing and love everyone’s ideas and motivation, thank you. I started at 77kg and I’m about 5ft 4. My first goal is to get off 7kilos, a stone. What do you do if you eat out, generally in France they don’t do much on wheat free or calories in restaurants, so tomorrow night we are at a quiz with a set meal, I can avoid alcohol and bread and hoping its a roast meal and no pasta, maybe a fast will work, I shall see. One good thing I’ve found is a sugar free almond milk, at only 28 calories per 100ml and 0.1 sugars, I think this might become my drink if I need a little more than water or use in smoothies. Shopped yesterday, wore my glasses and started reading labels more, looking at the sugar content, amazing how much sugar added, so wrong and sad. I look forward to everyone’s post and have joined the Facebook page, stopped me feeling lonely, that’s great. Off to Zumba and walk dogs then see how hungry I am. Day 1 was 740 calories and day 2 802, so coping and use my fitness pal for recording everything. Was wondering what amount of carbs people stick too when buying goods, it’s the added sugars I look at as well. Anyway onwards and upwards, well downwards in weight! Feeling positive.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Larpent,
    You’re off to a great start. Welcome to the forum. There’s another member, Aly, who also lives in France. There’s a few gluten intolerant members too.
    As most of us are avoiding the easily digestible starches you’ll find lots of recipes using alternate flours, that would be beneficial to you.
    There has been much discussion about counting carbs, some people do, others don’t but are still experiencing success following the recipes in the book.
    The consensus seems to be around 50g of carbs per day , or under is the way to go.
    Your sugar cravings will disappear on this diet. It has surprised many of us that it happens, and usually very quickly.
    Keep posting, everyone loves to follow other people’s achievements, it inspires and encourages the next person.

Please log in or register to post a reply.