Newbie here!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kags
    on

Hi everyone!

I’ve been watching from the wings for the past 3 weeks since I started the BSD and I thought it about time that I showed myself. I am loving reading all your experiences and that is what is keeping me going.

I was diagnosed pre-diabetic 6 years ago and the doc prescribed me Metformin. She took me off them again not long after, when my HbA1c kept coming back at 5.6 or under. She said I had to control it with diet and exercise and, since then, I haven’t had much success, although I needed to lose around 30kg. So, as you can imagine, I was thrilled to stumble upon the BSD!

I started 21 days ago (just started week 4 today) with a fasting blood reading of 6.8. Since then, I have lost 5.7kg and today’s reading was 5.8 (although I have seen a 4.8). I’m not feeling so well today (tummy bug), so am putting the higher reading down to that. Have to say though, I am more than pleased with the results so far, not feeling hungry and loving the recipes everyone is posting on here.

Keep on posting your experiences! It’s a huge support for me and thanks!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Kags welcome to the madhouse 🙂
    5.7kg gone and sugar readings down as well, you have to be happy with that.
    At least your GP told you to try to control it with diet and exercise rather than the “take the meds” approach.
    Did she suggest a low carb diet ? or was it the same old low fat blurb we’re so used to.
    Anyhow, don’t be a stranger, come and join the madness !!

• posted by Kags
    on

No, no mention of low carb. I was living in Germany at the time and the doc had practically the whole village diagnosed as diabetic. She signed me up for the diabetic programme and that was when I had to go on metformin and have regular HbA1c tests done. I think even she realised how daft it was when my results kept coming back in the normal region, so she took me off the medication. It is weird though. My last test I had done there (I now live in Romania and have been told to have tests done, but am wating until the BSD kicks in well) showed a fasting reading of 124 (6.9) and after the two hours, it was 108 (6.0).

I’m determined to stick with this and then will probably go onto 5.2 after the 8 weeks, if my weight is down enough. Up to now, I’m more than happy with the results!

Please log in or register to post a reply.