New to forum 😊

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Flower55
    on

Hello….I’m starting the BSD on 25th May once I’m back from visiting family/friends. Any advice or encouragement would be great as kinda finding 800 cals a day a bit daunting. Just one thing, where low carb veggies are concerned, is there a limit to how much we can eat or can these be piled up on plate?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I’ll be the first to say it,
    800 is a frightening figure but, as many people will come on to tell you, when you’re eating the right foods it is more than sustainable.
    Have a read about the forums, you won’t believe so many people are saying they never feel hungry on this new lifestyle.
    The key is to keep to around 800 cals, cut out the simple carbs and replace the lost calories with fats, try to keep the good carbs down, many find 50g per day works, and drink as much water as you can.
    If you have any problems, you have a global community here to help out.
    Welcome to the forums and best of luck on your journey πŸ˜‰

• posted by Steve T
    on

Welcome to the BSD – not so much a diet more a new way of life! I echo what Bill has said. I’m quite a big chap – brick outhouse territory – and I did find the first couple of days a trial but then the fat burning cut in and my body was getting the calories it needed from elsewhere. My stomach may have felt empty but curiouslt I didn’t feel hungry. Don’t feel anxious about the BSD at all – there are loads of lovely pioneering folk on here who’ll reassure you and encourage you.

Enjoy your journey back to good health.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi flower, welcome to the forums. I would suggest cutting right back on starchy carbs – bread, potatoes, rice and pasta, cake, biscuits now so you will find it easier when you do start.

Don’t forget to weigh and measure yourself – now is as good as any other time to do that. Also keep a record electronically or on paper. It’s really motivating to see those numbers change!

Follow Bill’s advice and you will be fine πŸ™‚

• posted by Flower55
    on

Thanks guys β˜ΊπŸ‘

• posted by jane56
    on

Amazing I am now in normal range latest blood test 6.1. Best news ever I do not have to go into medication.

• posted by jane56
    on

Would recommend this diet to anyone needing help with blood sugar control

• posted by Frog
    on

I was lurking and thinking after my birthday, the weekend away, the holiday – and realised that for me, I’d be finding occasions to put it off for for a long long while, so bit the bullet and started on 17 May.
    So, I may have a couple of less healthy days nutritionally within the 8 weeks, but by my birthday at the end of the month I’ll be twelve days in, and hopefully the weight loss at that point will spur me on not to go completely mad with cake, champagne, pizza…. (well that’s the theory!)

Choosing where to go for lunch on one of my birthday celebrations, I was looking at the menu of a local Korean restaurant and as long as you avoid eating too much rice or noodles, it looks pretty healthy.

Please log in or register to post a reply.