New, starting BSD TODAY!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Well done on the loss and on getting your focus back.

• posted by Robynjeanette
    on

My husband and I also started today. Well I started and because I do most of the cooking and shopping he is also eating less carbs. I’ve set myself a target of losing 10 kgs in 8 weeks. I have 14 to lose altogether.
    I’m going to do between 800-1000 Calories a day. Goal is to buy a nice size 12 outfit for Christmas.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Hi Robynjeanette and welcome!
    There is a weekly support thread which you may find useful – the new one will start tomorrow but the current one will have “25th October 2021” in the title.
    You don’t mention if you have any health issues (pre-diabetes, diabetes, high BP, high cholesterol, etc.) so are you following this purely to lose weight?
    You have definitely come to the right place, with a bit of effort (well worth a really focused 8-week plan) you can lay the foundation for a sustainable way of eating and managing your weight.
    My hubby and I joined a year ago, he has lost 7 stone and I have lost about 2 stone – he is still losing overall and I am more-or-less maintaining.
    Good luck!

• posted by RubyG
    on

Weigh-in today:
    Hubby – 16st
    Me – 11st 12.8lb
    So the focus from last week disappeared after Friday and we are back to where we were a week ago (again……..).
    Family event on Saturday, no appreciable carbs (1 bhaji each) but overate, mindless eating, cheese was a factor, and not much water drunk, followed by a very stressy day yesterday and a huge portion of chicken curry and cauli rice.
    Trying to focus again today, as I feel bloated and uncomfortable, hot flushes and mood swings (peri-menopause) are not helpful.
    Today is a new day, ODAAT!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Ooops. But dont worry, same for me. Get back on the proverbial and we will all get there.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Weigh-in today:
    Hubby – 15st 11lb
    Me – 11st 11.4lb
    Better than last reported weigh-in 2 weeks ago, hanging on by a thread, but hanging on nonetheless.
    Away at friends this weekend coming – they have been practicing making cauli rice to accommodate us, which I think is very considerate.
    ODAAT!

• posted by RubyG
    on

Weigh-in today:
    Hubby – 15st 13.2lb
    Me – 11st 12.2lb
    That was after a weekend away, our friends accommodated the low carb way of eating really well, but alcohol was consumed and we all ordered dessert at the restaurant on Saturday night!
    Key message is that Sunday morning was straight back to low carb, and the weekend excess should be shed by the next weigh-in on Friday.
    ODAAT!

• posted by RubyG
    on

Weigh-in today:
    Hubby – 15st 10.8lb
    Me – 11st 11.6lb
    I seem to have settled in the top half of the 11st range, which is about a stone heavier than I’d like to be, but the longest I have managed to maintain under 12st – EVER!
    Hubby is still losing slowly, without really trying to at the moment.
    Key point is we are sticking to the low carb way of life.

Please log in or register to post a reply.