New, starting BSD TODAY!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Weigh-in this morning
    Hubby – 16st 7.2lb
    Me – 11st 9.0lb
    I’m not sure where my blip has come from, I have had a decent week with food, but I’m not concerned, as long as I keep on track the next few days / week.
    We are away on holiday for the next 9 days, so posting on here may be non-existent.
    We have one booked restaurant meal next week, the rest is self-catering, so we should be OK. The restaurant does offer a green side salad in place of chips on its menu, but we’ll assess on the day – chips once a year won’t kill us, as long as they don’t become a habit (to be fair, we hardly ate chips before this WOE).
    Keeping on keeping on 🙂

• posted by RubyG
    on

Back to the work routine after 2 weeks’ leave, including 9 days away from home and 3 meals out of the house (1 restaurant and 2 with family at their homes).

Weigh-in last Friday 16th July:
    Hubby – 16st 7.6lb
    Me – 11st 7.8lb

We have both more-or-less maintained, with no conscious tracking, but keeping low carb as a basic principle.
    At the restaurant meal, neither of us felt like chips on the day, so green salad it was, accompanied by a pile of seafood (some of it battered, but not all), and at one of the family meals we each had a piece of pork pie and a couple of crackers – tiny carb portions compared to our previous lifestyle, and not repeated day after day.

With the current hot weather in the UK, we are living on BBQ and salad (last night was monkfish tail accompanied by fennel and lemon achar with some samphire.

Hoping for a small loss this week, we are at a wedding on Saturday and have not seen anyone who will be there in well over a year.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Weigh-in today:
    Hubby – 16st 8.0lb
    Me – 11st 10.0lb (not sure where that came from!)

So we’ve both gained over the past few days, excuses are poor planning due to being busy (me), not focusing on the cals we are eating (both) and an over-reliance on peanut butter as snack (hubby) – we need to rein it in, so no snacks today! The rest of the week is planned, and then we’re away at a wedding this weekend, so we will do what we can within the boundaries of what food is on offer.

On a positive note, the new outfits we have for the wedding look great and fit well 🙂

• posted by RubyG
    on

A sneaky unscheduled weigh-in today:
    Hubby – 16st 6.4lb
    Me – 11st 7.0lb
    This is more like where we expected to be, so happy with that.
    We had a low cal low carb day yesterday, with a cauli curry for supper last night.
    Today is a planned low cal low carb day too, with scrambled eggs, spinach and some smoked salmon for breakfast, chicken broth for lunch, and pastrami and pickles for supper.
    Still having the 1 Brazil nut with some milk kefir every day, and keeping the gut biome happy I hope.
    Onward and downward 🙂

• posted by RubyG
    on

Weigh-in today:
    Hubby – 16st 5.4lb
    Me – 11st 6.4lb
    Both happy with that, after a more focused week of portion control and no snacks, but no active tracking either.
    Off to a wedding tomorrow, will do our best with the food choices available.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Weigh-in today:
    Hubby – 16st 6.2lb
    Me – 11st 6.8lb
    A very small gain for us both (less than 1lb) after the wedding we attended over the weekend, where the food choices really did not suit us, but we avoided some of the choices and had small portions of the others.
    Sunday we kept the carbs very low and maintained the daily milk kefir to keep the gut biome happy, and we’re both satisfied with the outcome on the scales today.
    Today’s meal plan is all on track for a good day.

Please log in or register to post a reply.