New starter only day 2 does it get easier?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Twinkle27
    on

Hi everyone I’m new on day 2, I’m trying the 8 weeks 800 plan as I have a way to go (56lb should about get me to a healthy bmi) I’m going to a friends wedding in 6 weeks so am helping that this is going to really help me shift some weight before her special day. I’ve been looking through some of the posts and ideas and my fitness pal is a brilliant idea to help me track everything so far
    Day one was easy plain yoghurt with passion fruit and toasted almond flakes, tomato soup, Apple, salmon with coriander and coconut mixed roast vegetables (mushrooms aubergine cherry tomatoes courgette)
    Day two mushrooms goats cheese toast thing, tomatoe soup and a omelette (with cheese, bacon, peas, onion, sun dried tomatoes spinach ) both days I’ve drank between 2-3 litres of water/weak sugar free cordial

Today all I thought about is thick slices of white bread with butter, or some chip shop chips something really carb heavy that I know I shouldn’t eat (no wonder I’ve got 56lb to loose)

Trying to plan tomorrow I have breakfast sorted but trying to figure lunch I have some mackerel can I have some couscous with it or is that a no no

Any help advice please x

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Twinkle27

Day two is good news for you, day two of a complete and utter change to your life, congrats on joining up. You will feel wonderful at the wedding…don’t buy an outfit yet, you will, change so rapidly you may have to do a last minute hit and run and you will be wearing something you could only imagine as the old you.

Couscous is OK, it’s in the fast diet cook books I have invested in. Just remember to count the cals and not eat as much as in the past. In a recipe for 4, 300g of uncooked couscous as a guide for you. A small serve will satisfy you anyway once you are over the carb craving thing, GOOD NEWS is for most of us that stage is short-lived then you are liberated.

If you like experimenting try quinoa it is similar to couscous but is an amazing super grain, again just a little is required. I went gluten free 10 years ago so couscous, a fav was out, hello quinoa. The other great thing about it it keeps you regular, which can be a bit of a problem once cal intake is reduced, that’s a friendly word of warning and a tip for you.

I start week 17 today, it has been so easy and I am feeling so great I am sticking around until I feel like a transition to 5:2.

Here’s to your success.
    N

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi twinkle 27

I am on day 2 as well, I’ve found it very good, surprising that the meals have filled me up. I must admit I was feeling so poorly before I started, and feeling better every minute, so it’s all been a wonderful revelation for me and thoughts of carbs just remind me that It was eating the carbs and sugar that made me poorly. I am also doing it to loose weight I have 7st 1 lb to loose . So keep up the good work, I had the chicken and lentils for dinner this eve from the book, excellent. To full to think about chips.🤗🤗🤗

• posted by spcox
    on

HI twinkle27,
    Welcome and keep going. The early days are hardest, but motivation builds as you progress and see results.

Calorie count everything. It’s critical to ensure you know how many calories you are really eating.

You may also want to consider keeping your meals simple. Complicated meals can easily exceed calorie counts and meals for four end up with a fridge full of food that you either have to eat or throw away. Simple = success. While the BSD focuses on food, it is equally important to focus on portion size.

It’s entirely up to you, but when you get the hang of things, it’s easier to make complicated meals and not get overwhelmed.

Good luck and keep going. You’re already doing great.

• posted by JR02RAY
    on

Yes it does get easier.
    After a week or so you’ll be feeling great.
    I’m on day 20 and have lost 6kg and 2 inches off my waist.
    My energy levels are up and I feel fantastic.
    To see the weight drop off is motivation in iteslf.
    Good luck!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi there I’m in a hurry so no time to read the other posts properly but wanted to offer a quick welcome and YES it does get easier, not just easier – it gets EASY.

Please log in or register to post a reply.