need some inspiration….please.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by blessedenough
    on

Struggling to start with this but really really want to and need to. I am not diabetic yet but had gestational diabetes x2 and am approaching 40. Also have a huge bmi at 35.

So how did you get on with the weight loss. How many inches and how much weight did you lose and if female dress sizes. Please.

Thanks in advance.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi. Welcome.

I’m 66 and was type 2 diabetic, with a starting BMI of 40.9.

I’ve completed 30 weeks on the 800 calories and to date have lost 77 pounds (5.5 stone). I have approximately another 14 pounds to lose so am staying on the 800 calories, low carb, Mediterranean way of eating.

My blood sugars are now down in the normal range. My BMI is now 29.2. Currently I have lost 30% of my starting body weight, but after another 1.4 pounds I will have lost 35% of starting body weight.

Starting measurements: 50 49 54, today they are 39 33 43.

I was wearing size 24 but that was getting tight. Now I’m usually buying size 14 tops and size 16 skirts/trousers. After losing another stone I’ll probably be in 12s tops and 14s skirts/trousers. Depending on shops and styles.

• posted by blessedenough
    on

Wow captain that’s an amazing result and sticking to it for 30 weeks is a great achievement. I have seen on the forum that once you are in the zone and sort your head and recipes out it is easy to stick to, I am hoping that, that quickly becomes the case for me. I did a vlcd with shakes before my wedding and managed to lose 2.7st – I gave myself gallstones but managed to get pregnant. However the whole 12 weeks felt like a chore and I desperately wanted to not be a fat bride! I was still a solid size 14 then.

I am hoping as this is real healthy food I will actually learn something this time. I am convinced processed carbs are bad for everyone and now have to wonderful children so I have plenty of motivation. Just need to actually do it now. Thanks for your reply.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi again.

After all this time, the healthy way of eating has definitely become a habit. If you read through the posts you’ll see that some folk have tried eating refined carbs after some time on the BSD but found they felt ill afterwards. Personally I can’t imagine eating those refined carbs again because I feel so much healthier. Not only are my joint pains much improved, but I’m thinking more clearly, better concentration and more energy. Today, in all this heat, I managed much better than before I lost the weight – and I didn’t even want an ice cream😱 A cold bottle of sparkling water was great though😃

I have twin granddaughters (will be 9 in January), and my aim is to be around for a long time for them (and my son and his partner). And for others for whom I have responsibility in my work.

Enjoy the BSD and let us know your progress 😃

Please log in or register to post a reply.