Nearing goal weight and worried!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Hi everyone,

I’m around three pounds from my goal weight and I really can’t believe it!! I feel really energised, my skin is so good and my waist and tummy feels so much smaller!

I’m starting to worry about when I reach my goal.weight. in my mind I wanted to be in a place where I could relax on weekends and be low carb, no sugar in the week whilst I’m busy at work. Has anyone done this with success?

I’m used to the 800 cals and find the routine great as im a busy mum of two but I want to get the balance right..

Any advice or experiences on this would be hugely appreciated.! It was my daughters 1st birthday this weekend and I did have a bit of cake and really crucified myself for it, I don’t want to be afraid to relax my eating habits..

Thanks so much for reading xxx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Angelsand

I’m working to maintain now. I’m staying with low carb all the time. That’s really because I don’t want to risk upsetting my blood sugars again after working hard to lower them.

But I am slowly raising the calorie count with the low carb foods.

Hope this helps.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi Angelsand

As of today I am 2.5lbs from target and feeling the same way. Personally I don’t think I can go back to refined carbs. I am worried that I won’t be able to stop and my poor body has suffered enough! I’ve given quite a lot of thought to maintenance so I intend to increase calories but sticking with low carb, so more protein and fat (increasing quantities of eggs, nuts, avocados etc).

I am not going to say that I will never have a refined carb again (your birthday example being a case in point) but having that stuff in the house on a regular basis is going to be a no no for me. If I did it for weekends I know that these would turn into Thursday to Tuesday and I would be back at square one. Just my ramblings, hope they help

TC

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Angelsand, this really depends on how you fare with control and moderation at the weekend, but what you are looking to do is what I am trying out this month in the run up to Christmas. I am attempting during December to maintain my weight/lose weight more slowly prior to another final push next year if I decide I have more to lose. All I can say is so far so good 😊 I had a weekend where I roughly reached my TDEE on both days, with wine and a little higher carbs and today has been an 800 fast day to keep me focused. I intend to continue either two or three fast days a week right up to Christmas which should give me some wriggle room for indulgences.

• posted by Maryschoen
    on

Sorry, I’m new but what is TDEE?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi MARY TDEE stands for Total Daily Energy Expenditure..the amount of cals you need per day to maintain current weight..if you google TDEE it will lead you to where you can put in yr details and find out your own personal TDEE.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

ANGEL..I too worry about maintenance coz so many times ive lost lots and regained it …and more!
    This time tho,knowing that the secret is to eat low carb, i think it might be poss to actually keep the weight off.
    My plan is similar to CAPTAINLYNNe.. Staying low carb to keep the blood sugars good and weight down
    I will prob do 5:2 i.e., stick to 800 cals two days a week,then on the other five days,keep the carbs around 40-50 g a day ( coz i ve been losing well on this amount of carbs..some people can eat more than that,some people less, and lose) i wont calorie count as much tho,it will be the carb count that matters. See how it goes and adjust accordingly a time goes by if necessary. X well done on getting so close to goal!
    Ps one thing i wont personally ever do now, is have bread in the house..i live alone so can suit myself..ditto spuds and cereal..i can never trust myself with these items! But if eating out ( i dont do that very often!) will have them on special occasions if i want them,but in very small quantities coz i feel like my system wouldnt cope well with refined carbs any more. X

• posted by Bissell
    on

Just to echo the above:
    I’ve maintained my weight for 5 months now. I weigh every day, have an 800 day if the weight creeps up by 2 lb, continue with low carb quite strictly, try and keep to 10k steps daily (failing in this at the moment!) and it seems to be working. I’ve really got no great desire to eat carbs now. And I’m just so much happier, healthier and more confident now that I know it’s worth it.
    Best of luck. You CAN do it!

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Thanks everyone for your advice!!

I guess the low carb is the way forward which I’m totally fine with really but im going to ty and have a little bit of what I want on weekends. I will keep u updated on how it goes as maintenance and finding a happy balance for life is so important…

What is everyone’s plan for christmas coming up??? I’m treating myself to a new dress next week and it will have to be a size 8 or 10 which I still can’t believe! ! Xx

Thanks again for reading and taking the time to reply xx

• posted by Jande9
    on

I think you will probably rebound a bit as you regain the water you lost in week 1. You may want to overshoot your goal by a few pounds to account for that. Remember that it isn’t the fat coming back but simply your body adjusting to a more normal calorie intake, so you don’t need to stress about it.
    Jan

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Pharmasmruti – have reported your post because it looks like advertising

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Krysia – I’m impressed that you could make anything out of that gibberish.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

KrysiaD, they have been on about 5 different threads and I have reported them on all of them, hopefully the team will get rid.

Please log in or register to post a reply.