My results so far…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cailleach
    on

Well done on the weightloss Schnitzel!

I’ve gone a bit awry this weekend – calories way over, (like 1400 calories yesterday – though carbs and sugar really low. Yesterday I felt fine, today, I feel awful, dizzy light headed and rather weird. Too few carbs? (yesterday I had only 25g and today 27g).

I know where I went wrong, lack of organisation mainly, and indulging in a load of salami instead of sticking to the lean turkey breast (sigh). Sadly full fat yogurt is going to have to remain a treat, and NOT an everyday thing. Hmmph!

Do you think it’s lack of carbs making me feel so grotty?

Going to try that porridge for breakfast tomorrow, and have a very light soup lunch instead – maybe this skipping breakfast thing every day isn’t such a great thing.

Thanks for any input
    Catriona

• posted by SchnitzelVonKrumm
    on

It might be the carbs Catriona but I don’t know. Everyone seems to have an individual tolerance level. It might be the salami depending how much you had. I have noticed I feel crappy if I over-indulge in processed foods now especially meats (chicken fridge raiders and mini peperami!) so I’m going back to basics this week and making sure the fridge is always well-stocked so I don’t slip. In the first week or two I did have a couple of weird, light headed days but they passed. I would also take a little bit more salt that day – I think it mentions that somewhere in the book. Like a hot drink made with bouillion powder.

If you add chia seeds to the porridge then you probably need to add a bit of water to thin it down. It was sooooo filling. I am going to put chia seeds on everything now!

• posted by Cailleach
    on

Thanks Schnitzel ! Good luck this week with the “back to basics” ๐Ÿ˜€

It was probably to much crappy meat and salt in the salami, and not enough to drink. Oh, I’ve just remembered, I had a flat white too. That did not make me feel good either.

Oh well, lesson learned, a new day today.

Got my day sorted food wise which is always good, miso soup with green veg for lunch, and an orange, and lamb hotpot from the recipe book for dinner. LOTS of water, and as I drink tea without milk and sugar anyway plenty of that too.

Have a good one!
    Catriona

on

Another pound off this week so that makes a 10 week weight loss streak which is unheard of for me! That came off after I upped the carbs ๐Ÿค”. Is varying carbs levels a thing? I know a pound isn’t a lot but they all add up to 36pounds in 10 weeks. Blood sugars 5.0. I don’t really seem to have a pattern. Not even following my cycle. The weight comes off in chunks and little bits. My skin feels lovely! I always had little bumps under the skin on my cheeks but it’s very smooth now. Next mini goal: 8lbs to get into next stone ๐Ÿค—

Week 1: -8.2lbs
    Week 2: -5.4lbs
    Week 3: -1.8lbs
    Week 4: -2.6lbs
    Week 5: -3lbs
    Week 6: -1.2lbs
    Week 7: -6.4lbs
    Week 8: -0.2lbs

Week 9: -5.6lbs
    Week 10: -0.8lbs TOTAL: 36lbs

• posted by Natalie
    on

Schnitzel varying carb levels is definitely a thing! I’ve tried it. It’s called carb cycling (popular with body builders, apparently) and the pattern can vary but basically you alternate low and higher carb days. The idea is that you never have to suffer carb flu. On the other hand you never lose the carb cravings! I prefer BSD. It I suppose it depends how high your higher carb days are.

on

Good luck for this week Catriona!

on

For me Natalie these days a high carb day is 50g (yesterday was 51). I don’t think that’s high anyway so luckily I still have no cravings. I have been playing around with the macronutrients to see the effects so have had very low carb weeks rather than days. I don’t know if that still counts as cycling? I’ll go for between 30g and 50g this week and see what happens!

on

I just had a small tin of Heinz cream of chicken soup. 142cals and 13g carbs. It was lovely and very filling. I regret nothing!!! I just couldn’t manage homemade today. Does anyone else have any quick things they use when in a jam?

• posted by Happyhols
    on

This is a great thread with some incredible weight losses, but, how does it go when you only have 14lbs to lose? Im on my 9th day and just had one or two menu mix ups but always stuck to 800 cals but only lost 2 lb so far…..its not going to be a quick fix for me and my little black dress……

• posted by Snoop
    on

Happyhols, the closer you are to a healthy weight, the slower it goes, as is true on any diet. But it’s still doing you good and, sure as eggs are eggs, the weight will come off faster than if you were eating more. If you look around the forum, you will find people who are on their second or third round of 8 weeks or more, and their weight is dropping slowly, more slowly possibly even than yours. That’s because the less you weigh, the fewer calories you actually need. But I wouldn’t recommend going below 800 calories, as you still need to ensure you’re getting enough nutrients.

on

Thanks Happyhols. I have some great losses because frankly, take a look at my BMI, I have great weight to lose! It might not be a quick fix for you but you will be losing internal fat reducing your diabetes risk. You could experiment with your carb and fat levels to see if you get a boost or look at trying HIT exercise if you haven’t already!

on

I had soup again yesterday. Heinz cream of chicken. My childhood soup of choice when ill. Afterwards I was ravenous all afternoon. So then I had crackers (Krackawheats since you asked) and cheese ๐Ÿ˜จ. Lots of cheese. Six crackers! I still tracked it all and didn’t go much over calories and carbs. I had hummus and veg sticks in the evening to balance it. Before I would have thought “well I’ve blown it now for this week I may as well eat everything and skip going to class to get weighed”. So that is another result. I can get back on the wagon on the same day!! Oh and I don’t need to go to a slimming club to stay on track and be accountable. Weighing every day works for me. The quest for a tin of BSD friendly soup continues.

• posted by Cailleach
    on

AH cream of chicken soup….yum! Well done for keeping track and not going “oh stuff it!”. I also had a bad day yesterday, and set myself back a bit with eating turkish delight, you know, the stuff smothered in icing sugar – I was bored, and that was that. However, I had about 5 bits, got disgusted with myself, and threw the whole lot in the bin.

It happens, and you just carry on. The benefits for me after a week are already evident in lower weight on the scales, less puffy in the face, and clearer skin. I think I’ve just got to be organised in terms of food, and take one day at a time!

I’ve started to make my own soups, broccoli and blue cheese is so simple and really nice, and so is the celeriac and apple soup from the recipe book. Let me know if you want the recipe – I am not fond of celeriac as a veg on the plate, but in soup, it’s lovely.

Catriona

on

That would be great thanks Catriona. Can you swap the blue cheese for cheddar?

Had fun browsing some sales today. Being down 2/3 sizes makes such a difference when trying to find clothes!

on

Friday night blip. 4 Krackawheats and cheese. Still tracked and only 200 cals over. Carbs 48g today. That’s not too bad really. I need to get those crackers out the house!!

on

Another 4.2 lbs this week taking me to 40.2lbs or 2st 12 lbs in eleven weeks.

Carb levels: 40g, 30g, 46g, 17g, 38g, 49g, 39g.
    Fat levels:. 53g, 46g, 53g, 38g, 42g, 68g, 41g

I felt fine on higher carb levels and had good energy. I’ll stick to between 30 and 50 grams carbs this week. Maybe an occasional very low carb day or week keeps things going? I don’t know. Not sure that I understand carbs but happy it’s working!

Next week I want those 2 lbs off to get to 3 stone loss. I would really love 4lbs off to get me into next stone but possibly unlikely going by my patterns. Are you still reading this? Wouldn’t you rather watch paint dry? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Cailleach would you post the recipe for your broccoli and blue cheese soup please. It sounds yum.Hope you get those 4lbs off this next week SchnitzelVonKrumm. I wanted to eat my arm off last night I so wanted to eat eat eat! I have mega stones to lose:-/
    My husband froze some yoghurt last night we bought from Tesco. Not as nice as the yoghurt from Asda. I might blend a few raspberries and mix with the yoghurt and freeze for a treat when we are under our calories for the day or to have for an extra when needed.

on

Frozen yogurt sounds great Fairyface! I have stones to lose too but don’t think behind my next mini target ๐Ÿ˜ I am waiting for my medal for not eating any Halloween sweets tonight!

• posted by Fairyface
    on

SchnitzelVonKrumm…….I want to eat my other arm off tonight……what is happening?
    I have not set any targets yet as I am only on my5th week. Had our grandsons round tonight and one of them has
    made soda bread at school. I so wanted to sneak a little taste but stayed true to the diet and resisted. I really don’t know how!

Well done for not eating any Halloween sweets. We have not bought any at all.

Frozen yogurt is lovely.

on

I have had some very hungry days especially in the beginning. If I am ravenous to the point of considering a carb blow out I have something like some cheese and cooked ham. I make a little platter with some sliced gherkins or pickled onions. Or cucumber/celery sticks and hummus. It’s nice to have something to pick at. I might be 100/200 over calories but it evens out. The Halloween sweets remain untouched! ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by Iwanttobeslim
    on

Have you tried blending frozen fruit with yoghurt. You can use a stick blender. But that only works for eat it now rather than save for later. On the other hand, it’s ready in seconds

Please log in or register to post a reply.