My results so far…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SchnitzelVonKrumm
    on

Do you want to know my halfway results? No? I’ll tell you anyway. Four weeks completed and down 18lbs. Lost 4 inches off my hips and into my old jeans hurray! I still have a long way to go but I don’t feel daunted now. I don’t really understand what is happening with my fasting blood sugar levels. They went down to under 4 after a week now have started to rise to 5.5. Will try having a bedtime snack as suggested elsewhere.

• posted by rachluvsbhg
    on

Fantastic result! Inspirational.

on

Thanks Rachel. Another 3 off this week so 21lbs down in 5 weeks. I never managed 5 weeks consecutive weight loss on other diets!

on

Thanks Rachel. Another 3 off this week so 21lbs down in 5 weeks. I have never had 5 weeks consecutive weight loss!

• posted by topcac
    on

Wow 21lbs in 5 weeks – that’s amazing – well done – keep it up! Hopefully and whole new (old) wardrobe will open up for you ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Thanks Topcac ๐Ÿ˜€ This is sad but I am looking forward to buying a really nice winter coat!

• posted by topcac
    on

What a great reward!! Not sad at all – we all need non food treats to keep us going. Not sure what mine will be yet but I think a massage might be on the cards ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Flash21
    on

Definitely not sad – celebrate your achievement! 21lbs in 5 weeks is fab ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Thanks Topcac and Flash. A massage or a facial would be lovely! I am treating myself every week using the money I save by not going to a slimming class ๐Ÿ˜‰. I get a wee something like a nice shower gel I wouldn’t normally buy. Makes me feel all decadent and pampered!

on

In Week 7 I lost 7 pounds! Now down 29 pounds and starting last week of Fast 800. My weight loss was slowing down to about a pound a week which I felt a bit disappointed with so I looked closer at my macro nutrients. Had been keeping to under 50g (usually between 30&40g) so dropped to 20g max a day and lost 7 pounds. 5.5 inches off my hips and nearly ready for another change of jeans! Good thing I kept some smaller pairs!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done SHNITZEL! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ
    What a great result! What are yr plans post week 8?
    I am like you,i buy a nice shower gel for now,makes me feel nice,but i want a lovely new winter coat!

on

Thanks Yowzer! I tried on existing winter coat and it’s too big which is lovely! Another bag of clothes going to charity bin today. When I finish will have a chat with GP. I still have a lot to lose. She was really interested in what I was doing and recommended after 8 weeks to up the calories and fat a lot more but cut carbs way down. I am a bit scared to go past 800cals but she really knows her research and says I will still lose weight quickly. It is so motivating to talk to a doctor who is open to this way of dieting.

on

My final results. After 8 weeks on Fast 800 I lost 29lbs. 6 inches off hips and 4 inches off waist. My fasting blood sugar levels are worse! I know these are not always reliable so not going to worry too much about that just now. Will look at HbA1c instead. Weight loss has slowed so to boost things will get serious about exercise. Also going to cut carbs as low as I can and eat more fat. Have been looking at Real Meal Revolution recipes as well as new BSD recipe book. I am still counting calories sticking to 800 as I have a lot more to lose. I don’t know if I can eat more food anyway! My appetite and portion sizes have really changed!

Other results…I am no longer addicted to carbs. I am not bothered if other people are eating them and don’t crave sugar. I don’t feel hungry all the time and when I am hungry I am at still in control. I have more energy and don’t feel any discomfort in my knees going upstairs. I don’t feel so conspicuous and am holding my head a little higher.

• posted by Natalie
    on

That is a great result! (Except for the fasting blood sugar.) lots of weight lost and feeling happier in your skin are awesome.

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Amazing results, this has really motivated me here on day 3, week 1.
    By Christmas I could be 29lbs lighter. 29 lbs!!
    Powerful, powerful motivation to stay on track.
    Thank you.

on

Thanks Maharani ๐Ÿ˜Š To be honest I could have lost a few more pounds if I had exercised but easier to be more active now. Down another 4lbs since Monday! Cutting the carbs further is definitely boosting things now that I am further along. Have been starting the day with a high fat coffee. Good luck with the rest of your week!

on

And another thing…BMI was 40.2 (obese category 3) now 34.9 (obese category 1). My next goal is to get to overweight category.

on

Just wittering away to myself here. Apart from physical results, I have also discovered that actually I do have willpower. If I can resist a small child trying to share/force feed me delicious, buttery toast (that I have made and I mean literally cramming it against my lips!) I must have willpower. Of steel! What else could I achieve?! Next step, Prime Minister!

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Congratulations SchnitzelVonKrumm!
    You did it!!! You made it through 8 weeks on the 800 calories plan of the BSD. I am so excited for you! 29 lbs. off!! Wow!! That is so impressive. Thank you so much for posting your results as it really motivates me to continue.
    Thank you also for sharing your doctor’s advise on how to proceed going forward!

Today is my 6th day and I have lost 6 lbs. Yesterday I hosted a dinner party for 15 co-workers from my husband’s company. I made taco’s with all the trimmings. Dessert of cookies, brownie’s and cupcakes included! The hardest part for me was not drinking any alcohol while everyone else enjoyed wine, and later, scotch after dinner. I drank diet tonic with ice and it worked! I was very close to giving in but kept saying my mantra. . .It’s only 8 weeks! I really feel I NEED to make it through this 8 weeks in order to really lose enough weight and get control of my blood sugar. I can see it as a life changing event.

Good luck to you Schnitzel/VonKrumm as you start the next phase of your BSD efforts. Here’s hoping your BS goes down as you keep your carbs low and add fat to your diet. Keep posting here so we know how you are doing as you venture on.

on

Thanks Jmarie. I really appreciate your post. I know reading other people’s results helped me and there are people on here who have done amazing things. The first couple of weeks were tough for me but after that it was surprisingly ok. What kept me going was rewarding myself each week in some small way (non-food reward!) and just looking after myself better. I also put a marble in a jar for each pound I lost. If I felt tempted I would pick up my jar and think about how rubbish it would be to gain weight and lose my marbles (in more ways than one!). This reminds me.. I am due something nice for doing 8 weeks! I also need to buy more marbles. Well done on resisting all that party food! Good luck, if I can do this anyone can!

• posted by Natalie
    on

If each marble weighed a pound, when you picked up the jar you would feel how much you’ve lost!

on

That gives me an idea, Natalie. If you’re out shopping and see a woman trying to carry 34 bags of sugar, pay no attention…

on

I did my first HIT session on the exercise bike. The “bare minimum workout” from the Fast Exercise book. So 40 seconds of hard exercise in total. Afterwards I did lie on the bed waiting to expire but that soon passed and I felt great!

• posted by shalimar
    on

Congrats on your first HIT …. so glad you didn’t pass out!!

• posted by jmarie41
    on

SchnitzelVonKrumm,I love your tip about putting marbles in a jar to represent the weight you are losing! Great idea!

on

Thanks Jmarie. Allow me to bore you a little by explaining my patented motivational marble system…You actually need two jars. In one jar put the marbles/pounds you wish to lose. Your other jar will be empty at the beginning but will soon fill up as you transfer each pound lost. Some people like to make their jars fancy with ribbons and labels. I didn’t because I am not fancy. What happens when you are halfway though and you might mix up your jars, I hear you say? Pick a special, extra pretty and distinctive marble to act as a marker. Or you could label your jars. If you are fancy. Maybe I will add some ribbon…or glitter would be nice!

Here are some examples

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=weight+loss+jars&client=ms-android-motorola&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiqg-LHrN3PAhVlLMAKHbUgAfoQ_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=512

on

And…I put my jars on the mantelpiece. No avoiding them then.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SCHNITZEL you have done so well on BSD! And like you said, i too an no longer addicted to carbs..its a great feeling isnt it!
    And i love yr jars idea! X

on

Do you like making lists? I like making lists. Here is a list of my results.

Week 1: -8.2lbs
    Week 2: -5.4lbs
    Week 3: -1.8lbs
    Week 4: -2.6lbs
    Week 5: -3lbs
    Week 6: -1.2lbs
    Week 7: -6.4lbs
    Week 8: -0.2lbs

• posted by Natalie
    on

Lol I have heard that jar of marbles thing described a bit differently. You only need one jar. For the first five years of marriage, put a marble in the jar every time you are intimate with your partner. After the first five years, take one out every time you are intimate. You will never run out!

• posted by jmarie41
    on

SchnitzelVonKrumm, that’s for the update on the “marbles’. Love it!
    I also love your list. I love lists too! I’ll post my list when I get through my 8 weeks. Tomorrow , October 16th, I’ll start week two.

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Last time I invested in a personal trainer he encouraged me to put cans and bags of flour out of my cupboards into a rucksack till I reached the amount I’d lost “- 42lbs – then do my 20 minute brisk walk with it in my back. That one thing alone, repeated when I’d fallen off the wagon occasionally, kept the weight off for almost 6 years! I could hardly lift the rucksack, so why the heck would I want to tire myself out carting all that useless fat around?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’ll have to try that when I reach maintenance. Could be up to 100 lb by then,

on

Lol@Natalie

Looking forward to seeing your list Jmarie!

That is a great idea Maharani! I am really going to try that. Not the walking part for 20mins!! Just the weighing it out and carrying around the house. I have a rucksack…

on

Week 9 lost 5.6lbs yaaay! I have never had a big loss like that this far into a diet. This week I upped the fat and kept carbs as low as I could. 35.2 lbs total in 9 weeks. 2.5 stones.

• posted by Frog
    on

Morning – love your name Maharani Kitten – have taken to calling Froglet (my cat, who thinks she is still a kitten) Maharani Frog

After aerobics last week I picked up 18kg in weights in the gym, the amount I have lost so far – it is a lot!
    Unbelievable that I used to carry that around all day, no wonder I never had any energy, even without the now-resolved blood sugar issues.

on

It is amazing Frog. I have just picked up a box weighing 12kg. Couldn’t imagine lugging that around all day and I have actually lost nearly 16kg! I really was tired all the time and now I know why.

on

Anyone else been experiencing insomnia? I decided to get up and sit downstairs which is making me feel a bit better. Maybe I should so some house work while I’m up. No actually, I’ll just sit here ๐Ÿ˜‘

• posted by ClarionCall
    on

I too in the first week found less need to sleep 7 to 8 hours….rising earlier. Something to do with plummeting blood sugar readings possibly. More energy through the day.

on

Thanks Clarion. I am in week 10 now and did have more energy but this is different ๐Ÿ™ I really need some sleep. Feel like I have a bug so maybe that’s it.

on

I think I have been too severe with restricting the carbs and upping the fats. It means I haven’t really been having a varied Mediterranean diet. I’m not enjoying my food. I have stuck to 800cals but I feel really nauseous and bleeuuch (medical term) this week and am not losing weight. I will try going back to the BSD recipes because I felt good then. As for carb levels, I dunno. I think they will need to increase (have been under 20g) for me to sustain this.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Schnitzel, I don’t think the BSD is really a true LCHF (low carb high fat) diet although many people have success with that. I get depressed if I go too low with carbs and nauseated if I eat too much fat. You won’t go wrong if you stick with the recipes! We’re all learning what works best for our individual body.

on

Thanks, Natalie. I am looking forward to one of the porridge recipes. Excited about porridge. This is what my life has become ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by Natalie
    on

Lol yes, when half an apple is a major treat!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Schnitzel – I do just wonder if you have gone a little low on the carbs. I have to go quite low on carbs but wouldn’t go as low as under 20g. Most people lose weight ok on 50g. For me I am better between about 25g and 30g.

on

I know Natalie, who would have thought an apple would feel indulgent ๐Ÿ˜‚

I think you’re right Krysia. I was actually under 10g on a few days. I will see how it goes this week. I am basically an ongoing experiment ๐Ÿ˜€

on

I had the spiced apple porridge from the recipe book. It was lovely. I added a tablespoon of chia seeds. Never had them before and I thought they would be gritty but they are very nice and creamy.

Please log in or register to post a reply.