My history so far….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by nhatha3432
    on

66 year old male who has steadily put on weight over the last 12 years or so, and I take medication for high Blood Pressure (BP), Statin and Aspirin. In August I had a medical checkup, the doctor told me, amongst other things, that I was pretty much pre-diabetic (101 mg/). On the strength of that and seeing the 1st episode of “Lose a stone in a month”, with hearing too about the problems that having so much belly fat can bring, I decided that I must take action – yet again! I am well pleased with my progress, and so is my wife who has done so much to encourage and support me.

I started the 800 Calorie a day diet on
    17th August at 118.6kgs,
    1st week I lost 6 kgs, = 112.6 kgs (BP 136/77)
    2nd week I lost 2 kgs, = 110.6 kgs (BP 107/69)
    3rd week I lost 2.3 kgs = 108.3 kgs (BP 114/76)

On Thursday 10th September I visited my Cardiologist to report my weight loss and concomitant drop in BP (101/66), he immediately halved my BP medication and opined that within in another month or less that I would be off both BP medication and Statins too.

On Saturday 12th September I tested my Fasting Blood Sugar, it was 88 mg/dl. So, as a result of this diet within the space of less than four weeks, I have lost 10.3 kgs in weight, my BP has been lowered considerably , my medication has been halved, and my Fasting Blood Sugar is normal.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Congratulations nhatha…. You have done exactly what this diet was designed for – helped restore good health which includes losing weight. I too have reduced medications – statins from 40 mg to 10 mg and only stay on it because I chose to (diabetic and high risk), insulin 40 units to 26 and glycazide 90 mg to 30 mg. Having been diabetic and already on insulin for 12 years when I started the plan I have never expected to be completely ‘cured’ but boy am I a whole lot healthier.
    Don’t want to burst your bubble but you do know you are going to have to continue with some sort of disciplined way of life to remain healthy. Doing what you did before you found this obviously didn’t work and made you ill so doing the same again – same result.
    Keep up the good work and stick with us if you need support. Also, your story is a good one for helping other newbies know why we do what we do. There is a new thread every week called week beginning ????? whatever the current date is. It is a one week challenge and sounding board and includes oldies like me (4 years and still here) and complete beginners who might be struggling. Join in, starts every Tuesday.

• posted by nhatha3432
    on

The update following this morning’s weight in:
    4th week I lost 2.5 kgs = 105.8 kgs (BP 105/66)

• posted by nhatha3432
    on

I forgot to mention two other side effects of dieting, my sleep pattern has improved, and I have not had a bout of indigestion or acid reflux since starting out.

• posted by nhatha3432
    on

didn’t weigh myself for two weeks because I wasn’t at home, I travelled to Bangkok on 19th September for a small medical procedure and was there for 7 days, even so I managed there or thereabouts to stick to the diet, even with the excellent hospital food. At the hospital, on 21st September, my Fasting Blood Sugar level was recorded lower at 87mg/dl. However, weighing in today
    5th + 6th week I lost 1.4 kgs = 104.4 kgs (BP 120/75)
    Friday 2/10/20: following three days of low BP readings (109/63, 103/65, 108/70) I have stopped taking the BP medication, this was previously agreed with my doctor. I now only take Aspirin.
    7th week I lost 2 kgs = 102.4 kgs (BP 111/73)
    8th week I lost 1.4 kgs = 101.0 kgs (BP 102/66)
    9th week I lost 1.10 kgs = 99.9 kgs (BP 118/75) (set a new goal of 90 kgs by Christmas 2020).
    10th week I lost 1.7 kgs = 98.2kgs (BP 116/76)
    11th week I lost 1.8 kgs = 96.4 kgs.
    12th week I lost just 1 kgs = 95.4 kgs.
    15th Week I lost 2.4 kgs = 93 kgs (BP 111/64). That’s a total weight loss of 25.6 kgs (51 lbs or 4.02 Stones) since starting out on 17th August I am going to go for 90 kgs by Christmas, although a day off the diet looms on 14th December to celebrate a friend’s birthday!

Please log in or register to post a reply.