My first week

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chardythewoodman
    on

Read the Blood Sugar Diet book in one day, it made so much sense I couldn’t put it down. Reading the ‘symptoms’ I recognised myself and the real life examples really drove the message home.

I’ve stuck to the diet 100% in terms of food types and gone to 1000 calories a couple of times. I don’t tolerate dairy well so I have Alpro Natural Yoghurt and Feta cheese which is stronger and tasty.

I work away a lot so finding good quality food is hard, but Pizza Express and Nandos both do superfoods salads which are delicious. Outside that its a trip to Sainsburys for a salad with some prawns. Scrambled or fried eggs are a good breakfast choice.

First weigh in was a 5lb loss after three days – and a lot of peeing. Total loss after one week is 12lb.

I’m feeling great, if I get hungry I have some water and a couple of walnuts which are tasty and filling. I’ve had a few headaches, but a glass of water clears that up quickly.

I was never a carby person, but if it was covered in chocolate it had my name on it. So far this week I’ve had three squares of dark chocolate as part of my meals.

No more snacking, no more grazing on crap. I’ll stick to the 800 for the eight weeks and then move to the 5:2 plan whilst appreciating the knowledge I have about what food to eat from now.

I’m looking forward to looking less haggard and maybe picking up a compliment or two on a trimmer physique 🙂

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Wow, chardy, 12lb in a week! That must be up there with the best week 1s logged so far! And you’ve already got your head around your strategy. Good job!

• posted by Patsy
    on

Excellent start!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Chardy, wow, wonderful first week loss! 🙂

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Fantastic week chardy, well done you! 12lbs is absolutely amazing. You must feel terrific!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great start! Well done!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Him hardy the woodman
    I loved the bit where you said not a carb person unless it’s covered in chocolate, I have exactly the same problem! Anything covered in chocolate and I would eat it, ( nearly!) You seem to have done ok on your first week so all I can say is keep it up and thank you for making me smile, looking forward to reading your further posts.

• posted by Chardythewoodman
    on

Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated. I’ve just checked my BP and that’s down 10/8 which is more important to me at the moment. It usually varies quite a bit so I’m hoping to see that going down in the long term.

I’m sure 11lb of the 12 is water judging by the number of times I’ve been to the loo. Let’s see what next week brings with all that delicious chocolate to tempt me.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi chardythewoodman
    My auto correct changed your name at the beginning of my post! So I will repeat it and hope you get the post this time,
    I loved the bit where you said not a carb person unless it’s covered in chocolate, I have exactly the same problem! Anything covered in chocolate and I would eat it (nearly). You seem to have done ok on your first week so all I can say is keep it up and thank you for making me smile, looking forward to reading your further posts.

• posted by misssay
    on

Fantastic first week result Chardy.

Please log in or register to post a reply.