My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

I used to feel tired all the time just sitting.
    I had aches and pains.
    Depressed
    Fed up
    No value to myself

I want to move away from all that.
    I want to feel healthier, happier, content.

Want to come with me?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh,
    If you are not ready to do all that I am doing today.
    Pick one thing, for yourself.
    Give yourself some attention.

One thing.

If it’s walking, you can walk two minutes every hour. That’s do able isn’t it?

Come on, give it a go and build up on it.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Way to go Lucia

Am going to use MFP and record every morsel really strictly. Possibly skip breakfast too. Tried a bit of extra fasting last week Frog 🙂
    Nursebean I will feel as though I am floating as I am skipping after you all waving when I step off this darn plateau.
    My new lighter weight is still stubbornly categorized as Overweight…..grr.

Good news though… my new, slightly-cleverer scales do love me.
    I’m 48 apparently. Metabolic age ….not the 63 I thought I was.
    Other half thinks they’re rubbish and not at all accurate. They told him he was 50.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Oh… Zumba and tennis today.
    Should manage the 10,000.

• posted by Lucia
    on

So my wonderful play friends,
    What shall I talk to you about today.

Motivation.

This is a HUGE subject.

I could not of got off the couch without a little bit of it.

I looked like a slob, moved like one, energy level of one,

But , there was a tiny, weeny , itsy, half an atom, of a hint of a glimmer of hope.

I didn’t hope for miracles.
    I hoped just to get off the settee and walk to the front door and back ( it’s the opposite way to the kitchen and food)
    I don’t know where it came from.
    I probably stood in it on the way in.
    I hoped just to eat one plate of food, not ten.
    I hoped to find something, that I could treat as a crutch to help me hobble along.
    And I found a crutch, Michaels book.
    Such a tiny thing.
    It fits in my hand, it’s light, I can lift it up.
    But , by jingo, what a tiny piece of pure HOPE.

The book didn’t pick me up, I did
    The book didn’t stop me over eating, I did.
    The book didn’t drag me around, forcing me to move and then exercise, I did.

I think gifts of hope, turn up in our lives many times a day. We do not recognise them. But we only need to see one, just one, grab it with both hands, hide it, , lock it in a box, shove it up your jumper, sit on it, nail it down. Don’t let go of it.
    Use It, throw sugar at it, polish it, talk to it, stroke it, and it will help you get somewhere.

Once you get your big toe on the path to recovery, health, happiness, activity etc, it’s easier.

Connecting your toe to the path, is a huge gap, but just look for that glimmer in yourself to wiggle your foot over to the path. Dig your toes in, to the sand in the path, just get a tiny foothold and you are away.

So does this help you understand what my meaning of motivation is?

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Another thought.

Exercise.

What’s the right one?
    What one will get rid of my bingo wings
    Or my wobbly tummy
    Or my love handles.
    Should I do aerobic
    Should I lift weights.

Let me tell you my version.

You cannot lose weight one one part of your body by exercise .
    Counting your cals and your carbs will lose weight, and it goes off your whole body.
    Imagine the blubber to be a brick wall.
    As you lose weight you lose a whole row of bricks off your whole body.
    It doesn’t come off your nose, but stay on your knees.

Once you have got rid of the blubber by diet, you can build muscle with exercise.
    Exercise also shapes your body
    It tones your muscles.
    It can’t tone muscles if they are in cased in blubber.

As you are on the diet, do anything to burn calories. Your body is an engine. The food is the coal as fuel.
    If you put in 800 calories of food in, or coal in. You will lose weight.
    If you help move the engine more, you burn more food or coal.
    The engine will use blubber as fuel or coal.
    So you lose weight a little quicker with exercise.

What exercise, I suggest you do anything you like or you will give it up.

You don’t need the most expensive things.

In pound land, they have hoola hoops, bat and balls etc.
    One pound £1
    The price if a mars bar ( I meAn the duo bar)
    So if you get fed up or outgrow it, you have not paid out much money. You can hand them over to some kid.

What do I wear?
    I wore primark pyjamas at £7 for top and bottom.
    Baggy , comfortable, washable.
    I prefer footwear not bare feet.

I have tried:
    Tap dancing,
    Yoga
    The gym
    Weights (cans of baked beans in a carrier bag)
    Steps either the staircase or books
    Bike
    Walking
    Jumping especially into puddles
    Hoola hoop
    Bat and ball
    Two balls
    Hopscotch
    To name a few.
    They all make me move.

Now over to you

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

I have been on the move today Lucia. 8:30 am for a hour long Pilates Class. Back home for breakfast then gardening. Lunch (no carbs). Back out to do gardening, bending, stretching lifting. Washed and tidied me up then out dog walking. Back home and get changed then off to the gym for a Body Pump class where I burned 714 calories. This evening I was exercising some grey matter and played Scrabble with OH. Yep I am moving Lucia. I am not using my painful hip as an excuse.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Sandie, thanks for sharing.
    It shows you that even though you have an injury or pain or problem area You can work around it.

You can always work the bits that don’t hurt.

Even if it’s just wiggling your eyebrows!?,!?
    Twitching your nose,
    Sticking your tongue out.
    Opening your eyes wide.
    Blowing your cheeks out.

This will give your face a wonderful workout.

So be creative. Go for wiggling and twitching.
    It may become an Olympic sport.
    Xxxxx
    Love Lucia

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Great posts as usual Lucia.
    I have been moving!!!!

• posted by ay caramba
    on

I have obliques……and they hurt…a lot.
    They have been hiding under the blubber on my tummy.
    Apparently they were found doing floorwork on the new Body Combat release!

If anyone wants to hurt in the same place you can lie on your side and try to pull up into a sort of sideways crunching sit up.
    When I saw the Instructor do it I thought …don’t be ridiculous….but I managed a few…hence the pain!!!!

Bet it will trim inches from my still 33″ waist (previously 42″).
    Off to try again today. Under 31″ is the supposedly the golden tape measure size to aim for.
    Hah!!!!!!

• posted by Minnie48
    on

Hi Sandie, hope you don’t mind me joining in. I am a newbie and saw a post from you, which I now can’t find which said you were on older lady which is what I am. Just starting the diet and have chosen the 5:2 with 800 being the 2. I tried the earlier 500 cals but found it too strict and the long fasts not suiting me. Also not used to this posting lark and at the moment having a bit of difficulty navigating it. I filled in my profile but put far too much there as I thought I was posting it. I’ll get there in the end. I can’t do much walking due to arthritis in knee and foot so I go to the local leisure centre twice a week and do exercises in the water and sometimes use the exercise bike. Weight is 11 stone and would like to lose at least a stone hoping it will help my arthritis as I don’t want to go down the knee replacement track and in any case the foot will still be an unsolvable problem.
    I am hoping that this forum will help me to keep on track and that weight loss will help my problems.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Hi Minnie. Go for it. Carrying any extra weight can’t help arthritis. Can your doctor arrange for you to see the physiotherapist who might have a set of excersies that can be tailored to suit you? Have you tried Pilates? Again a Pilates teacher can help find exercises to suit the individual even within a class situation.

• posted by Minnie48
    on

Thanks for replying so quickly, it was so exciting to receive a post. I used to go to Pilates but the teacher left and the replacement is not nearly as good. I have a book of exercises written by a physiotherapist and your post has reminded me to look it and start using it so thank you for giving me a nudge.

• posted by Minnie48
    on

You bet. Just joined, day one. Have read a lot of your posts and very impressed.
    Must say I feel a bit of a wimp. Don’t have huge amounts to lose but am so impressed by the great strides you have all taken. Lucia you are so inspiring. I wil be following your posts.
    Xxx Minnie

• posted by Lucia
    on

So team,
    I stand before you ashamed, a fraud, a cad and loads of othe words like that.

Here’s how it happened.

I thought I would give those gymnasts a run fir their money, so
    In the privacy if my own lounge, telly on,
    I wore my vest, passion killers and tights.
    Well it’s the nearest thing to dressing like them with their Lycra leotards etc.

I resin’d up my hands ( okay I put some lily of the valley talc on my hands)

I lay a long scarf along the floor and did my beam exercise, boy was I at least a 9.8 score.

The mat was easy, I reminded myself of olga Korbut. I need I should have tied my hair in little bunches.

I can’t do the bars OH says the plaster will come off the ceiling!!

So just the vault.
    I went through to the dining room to get the long run, resin’d my hands again.
    The crowd went silent, I concentrated, I went through my movements in my head.
    Yes I was ready.
    I lifted my arms up to his the judges that a miracle was about to happen.
    I ran, three hundred miles an hour, placed my feet perfectly together, tucked my arms in and did the most perfect roll forward along the carpet. Came to my feet. Put my arms up. I had completed the perfect forward roll along the carpet. I watched the score board…..the judge…… My OH gave me an 9.9!!!!
    What on earth do I have to do for a perfect ten??

So, here comes the hard bit…. The bit I am ashamed of, I had… No I can’t say it,… It’s too dreadful….. Okay, but I expect your understanding and forgiveness…..or the phone number if someone to give me therapy…….
    ,”…………
    Ok. I had….. A Mars bar…

Aahhhhhhhhhhh!! ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
    Oh woe is me
    The shame…
    I blogged about one yesterday. Must have played on my mind.
    You see, hubby had one if those duo packs, two little Mars bars.

I stand in front of you, ashamed, head hanging down,… I will go and stand in the corner.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Passion killers = huge knickers

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

But

Who would if thought a big bird like me could do a rolly polly, or forward roll.

Nearly got stuck half way through, but the physics behind it for all those scientists who are reading this is….

The momentum of the blubber starting the run up, would work like a tidal wave and pull me, and the blubber through the roll and continue knocking through the telly, bay window and finally stopping somewhere on the front lawn.

Have a good day😎😎😎😎😎
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by 1960smp
    on

O LUCIA
    I needed that laugh this morning, so Thanku….visualising your own version of the Olympics!!!

And re the mars bar what can we say, wipe the talc of your knuckles and begin again…..

• posted by ay caramba
    on

And the crowd goes wild….:-)

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Oh Lucia.

My lovely don’t give the old bit of choc another thought, you and I are on this plan for the foreseeable, we want to be slimmer chrimbo pixies don’t we. So as 1960 said just brush yourself of, plan, enjoy, and get excited about feeling Incontrol, loosing weight and feeling fab. Go and dig out something that you want to get into that’s poss in a short while, try it on and try it on again in a week.

Yeahhhh you can do it, we can all do it together.
    😎😎😎

• posted by Lucia
    on

Why is my OH moving all the vases and statues and ornaments?
    All I said was that i was going to watch the archery I taped…….

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Is he also standing well back? 😉

• posted by Lucia
    on

Coward!

What damage could little old me do?
    I ask you……

He ran when I brought an apple in…….
    Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Lucia you are a joy!

I expect he was worried about the carb count in the apple!

Anyway what did you do to the diving pool? Wouldn’t it be fun to add some bubbles…

Now a question why do spinach omelettes make me sneeze ? I’m not allergic to eggs or spinach but together they set me off.

Just watched that delicious Italian chef making meatballs on Scicily I could make them with Turkey mince tomorrow any excuse to try out my new spiralizer toy courgetti spaghetti . He was at the bar they used in the Godfather filming he was so excited like a child to be there adorable!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Can’t wait for the track and field events next week
    I will tape them and join in with them..

I am feeling especially hopeful for a gold medal with the 100 meters. I just run on the spot for ten seconds.
    So why don’t you give it a go too?
    I like the longer races too.
    I run from the telly through the the living room, then dining room, into the kitchen , out into the hall and back into the living room, one complete lap.

I am just off to get a piece of A4 paper and four safety pins.
    I am taking the number 800 as my number.
    I will write it on the paper in big numbers and use the safety pins to pin it to my chest so I look authentic.

My 800 is in honour of our bsd 800 diet.

If any of you would like to sponsor my efforts, the next time you pass a charity tin, when you are out shopping, can you drop in 80 pennies, or 80 cents or 80 of your own countries currency? Let’s give charity a tiny boost. Now I know every other shop is a charity shop. But Michael said less stress, which means smile more, do good etc.

Just a thought.
    Just a suggestion.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Frog
    on

hi Lucia
    I have a feeling that I will feel silly & self conscious enough with my Nordic poles later today, without adding a race number!
    decidng whether to walk to Hyde park or get the bus

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi frog,
    Walk to the park, no , skip to the park.
    Be lighthearted
    Don’t forget no one is responsible for your happiness except you.

Nordic poles, , you already doing the Winter Olympics?
    Wait for me, I have to finish Rio first
    Xxxx
    Love lucia

• posted by Sandie
    on

Olympics the Lucia way is much more fun. I am now going to try a backwards roll whilst no one else is home.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Use cushions to pad your spine, or several bath towels.
    I did.
    Have fun.
    Don’t forget to finish the movement by standing up, raising your arms to the judges, then wave to the crowds who are cheering you on.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Good morning team,

Have you seen the indoor cycling?
    Looks crazy, going to have a go later

Hoping to hit 10.000 steps by 2pm, then the gym tonight, will cycle In the cool evening.

Hark at me?

A short while ago I couldn’t lift the weight of my bottom off the settee.

It is so worth the effort.

Come on team, aim high, to the stars, even if we only reach the moon, just think if the fun we will have playing football in zero gravity. 😏😞🙁😏😑😑😚😐😜☺️🙃😊😋😒

Cone and fly with me

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Lucia
    I’m with you all the way.
    Extreme Olympic training for me today!!!!
    Not just batting the false eyelashes and the fancy-painted long fingernails!!!
    I’m doing Body Pump this morning. Yes hark at me!!!!
    Still desperate to trim the blubber from my waist and surely if I improve my arm strength my tennis serve will improve!
    Came bottom in the ‘friendly’ tennis tournament for the second time last week.
    Had to collapse in the bar for a ….very long time.
    ……and how sad is this….with a large glass…..of iced water!!!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Ay caramba
    I am so proud of you.
    But as I am a professional water drinker, I take it neat😚😚😚😚😚

Left early, on way to gym.

12,000 steps done and dusted.

Body pump!
    My hat is off to you🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩👝👝🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎓🎓🎩🎓🎩🎩👒👒👒🎓🎓👒🎓

Keep moving, keep losing, just keep at it!

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So after my 10,000 steps at lunchtime, I am going to
    aqua aerobics tonight.
    Then a little yoga while my muscles are warm.

Better than slobbing out on the settee moaning and getting no where in life.

Want to join me do a little?

Come on, find something you like.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Yogurt and berries

Chicken salad

Unsure about evening meal, have to see as its hot.

Oh, yesterday I had a zero oepsi, sorry but it tasted like rust!

Taste buds are rebelling

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Lucia
    Love the way you are stepping it up.
    Thanks for the hats off.
    Enjoy Aqua and yoga.

Frankly…… if we can move it….. move it….anyone can!!!!

The instructor at Body pump was wearing the same blotchy pink leggings that I own……the one’s that match my face at the end!
    She said it was a good job I wasn’t wearing mine. I told her it was a good job I didn’t own a matching crop bra top.
    Bare midriff anyone????? The class were looking worried and heading for the door!!

Matching pierced belly button?????……..no……..

• posted by Lucia
    on

Tired now,
    I need to do a belly flop into bed.

Had seafood tonight,dine in squashed tomatoes pretending to be bolognese sauce.
    Yummy.

Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Have you seen the latest newsletter-? New BSD recipe book about to be released.
    John

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi stringbreaker,
    I have just had a read the newsletter, it looks interesting, I might treat myself to the new book, I need some inspiration! Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the newsletter.
    Christine

• posted by Frog
    on

what newsletter stringbreaker? for here?
    I don’t get one!

on

Hi Frog,

I think you have to “subscribe” to it.
    Log in to the main website on a computer and you should be able to find where.

I’ll have a look tonight.

John

• posted by Sandie
    on

Breakfast raspberries and a nectarine, tea then glass of water. Off to Pilates for 8:30am. A beautiful day.

on

Hi Frog

NEWSLETTER

Just go the the home page of the website (on a computer) and scroll down to the bottom of the page. On the right hand side you will find the box to subscribe to the Newsletters.

Don’t hold your breath though, we’re still only on number 3, but it is the best one yet – can’t wait to see all these new recipes

John

• posted by Frog
    on

thanks stringbreaker – found it!

• posted by Lucia
    on

So I am going to talk about a delicate subject.

How I know I am doing the right thing for my body.
    The science. That I can understand.

A long time ago, on Oprah, doctor oz did a whole programme on poo.

If it was like hard balls, which mean you need water, fibre and more healthy foods.
    If it was like squish, and smelly. Too much junk food and chocolate. Eat healthier.

It should be a nut shade of brown, one amount , like a banana, comfortable almost pleasant.

Well, all I can say is… Mine are beautiful now. Going to the bathroom, I don’t have nuclear fallout. You don’t need a gas mask to follow me in there.

Why am I sharing such a delicate subject?

It shows I am looking after my body,and the chemical makeup of food I am eating, is now correct. I am not hurting my body. And we’ll someone has to bring the subject up sometime.

See if you can watch Oprah and doctor oz on you tube.

Hope this helps.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So, how is everyone doing in the warmth and sunshine?
    The weather man has given warnings for Heavy rain on Saturday.
    I will take up my favourite sport…. Puddle bashing.

I used to stay in and sulk watching telly.

Now I go out, get soaked, laugh and have fun.
    Then, I come home to a warm shower, warm fluffy towels and cosy pyjamas.

Are you enjoying the rain?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hopefully, most of us, get a days holiday, the August bank holiday.
    Why don’t we have a day of exercise?

Pick something you want to try and have never done it before.
    We have a week, so take a few days to research, sort, organise it.
    It can be anything, don’t forget the inexpensive items in pound land.

Let’s have a day that will benefit us all.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Ah, Lucia – lovely about the ‘TMI’ I remember breast–fed babies did not have smelly poo till they started eating other stuff. Messy but not smelly!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Seeing that I am mentioning my body and giving you details how it’s changing…
    Here us another one….
    My feet.
    They have improved, the circulation is much better.
    They have a better colour.
    They heal a little quicker.
    But
    Like all things
    I protect them and look after them

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

And a bit more of my body.

I get less headaches behind my right eye.
    My eye colour is clearer.

But I still have to wear glasses.
    Oh well!

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Haven’t been hungry today..
    Will have a problem hitting my 800 today, but I will do it.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.