My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Christie 1948

I have a challenge just for you, and you alone.
    Are you willing?

Your blog name has a number, 1948.
    In 1948 a nice tune by Peggy lee called golden earrings.

So, how about for every pound you lose out a pound in the jar. Or for every week on the bd800 diet, put one pound in the jar.
    Gold eArrings start at ยฃ10. And the price goes up.

You fancy being a size 12 with a cool pair of gold earrings in your ears?

Come on, get with the programme.

Love luciaXxxx

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Re-subscribing
    On a phone, the “Unsubscribe” is too near the dustbin!
    ๐Ÿ˜‰

on

Lucia,
    Do you have a “challenge” for blokes?
    I’m in need of one.
    John

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi the polls ,
    You brought up a couple of points, maybe not next to a bacon slicer, how about that weird belt that freezes your fat, I am all for it. Once it is frozen I presume you snap it of like an icicle.

I think we should all March to parliament and have them pass a bill, that forces the sellers and manufacturers to be held accountable for the weight of each person on their scales. Ha! How Do you like those apples.

Third, how interesting, three meals, how are you going to find three meals at exactly 266.666666 calories, wow, what a girl. Do let me know how you get on. In the merchant of Venice…. No more, no less…..
    Come on, give it a try, let me know the crazy stuff you did to hit the exact figure of 266.66666666 calories.
    Keep going, keep losing, just KEEP ON!
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh string breaker.

I LOVE your request.

Now let me see, 52 white keys and 36 black keys = 88 keys.

How about you have to walk for either 52 minutes or walk quickly for 36 minutes of an evening. But make sure you breathe, as I usually hold my breath.

9 X 88 = 792

How about you concocting nine snacks of 88 calories. You don’t have to eat all 9 in a day, but as it is so close to 800 you could do.

How about you hop, or skip, or wiggle, or dance for the duration of the song called the piano tuner song 2000 ad by Ivor cutler. I think it is one minute 18 seconds, just be careful.

๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด
    What else, oh you are a cyclist.

If you don’t cycle now, how about giving it a go? Round the block, just do it.
    If you cycle now, how about cycling for 36 or 88 minutes?

Oh and then there is Lycra……… But this is a family show.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Hope you find a piece of crazy inspiration in all the above.

Let me know if you do any of it, just for fun.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

on

Lucia,
    WOW!
    I do ride a bike but WILL NOT wear Lycra (burnt 900kCals today on the bike)
    Don’t think I could work out that many 88kCal snacks.
    Don’t think I’ve heard of Mr Cutler

SO!

Would you settle for 36mins fast walking (can I do it in the morning?)

BTW – well done for knowing your keyboard – do you play?

John.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi string breaker,
    Your profile says you are a. Oginc. So I googled it, so you are in oil and gas consultancy, great, any share tips?๐Ÿค“
    Not a mamil. I googled that and it says not a middle aged man in Lycra.

So now I have a vision of you at a computer, with banks of computer screens, you shouting. BUY BUY BUY. SELL SELL SELL, wearing a pair of budgie smugglers.

I am sorry, but I have a brain that’s wired differently from normal people.

Sorry, I will go and sit in the corner and be quiet.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

on

That was 156 mins on the bike
    (I ride slowly)
    John

on

“OGINC”
    Old git in normal clothing.
    ๐Ÿ˜Ž

on

Whatever you do, don’t be quiet.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi string breaker.

Yes I will gladly accept your offer of fast walking, please do it with a smile on your face. Now if you say that is more effort Lucia. I will reply it takes less muscles to smile that’s to frown, so it is no effort.

Don’t rush to Ivor cutlers tune, it is without umph.

My hubby was in the church choir, then in male voice choirs travelling around.

Then he married me, I am tone deaf, can’t remember the tune, don’t know the words, or I forget what tune I am singing and then blend in another one all together,…….but when we are in the car together , I put the wireless on and sing at the top of my voice….. Just for him, boy do I spoil him…….
    He appreciates getting to our destination, he seems to fall out of the car quickly and rushes to get to the door. I wonder why.

Hope to hear from you of how you have got on with your task I, now that you have accepted it.

Da did da la, da did da la,… ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถda da ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ sorry, I’m off to sing the mission impossible tune……๐Ÿšด๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿšด๐Ÿšด๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿšด

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Me noisy, I think you have the wrong person,
    I am so shy and retiring. So demure, so full of it.

Ha.

Keep in touch, I love attracting crazy people to blog here……..๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜—๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜—๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜ฃ
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

on

Lucia,
    I’ll report my walks each morning.
    John

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi string breaker, in your honour, I will get my bike out again this weekend,
    You will be jealous, it has a basket.
    And I ring my bell with attitude!!!!!!!
    I usually use it to get to the shops quicker.
    Oh and something else for you to be jealous about. I have Velcro bike clips, in fluorecent green. Yummy.
    And a helmet in black and grey, but as it upsets my long loose hair, I put a scarf on first before my helmet.

Yep, I am a sight for sore eyes, or should I say eye sore……

Love luciaXxxx

on

Lucia,

I have to confess I’ve TOTALLY fallen off the wagon tonight.

Stuck in a hotel.

3 pints of “Doom Bar” (but in perfect condition)

Packet of dry roast nuts

Minestrone soup (WITH ROLAND BUTTER!) ๐Ÿ™„

Seafood Lasagne with spuds (odd pairing)

Bit over the 800

Back on the treadmill tomorrow. Promise.

John

on

Lucia,
    Wouldn’t swap my “Brompton” for anything but am jealous of your bell.
    John

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia
    Sounds interesting? Give me some time to think about the challenge!!!! Time has elapsed! Mmmmm, what to do?
    Ok will do๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
    Christine

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi string breaker.

Okay, do I have to use a lamp and soft cushions on you?
    We have ways of making you diet!

Look, you know you ate the wrong things, that you have gone daft. Now put yourself in a brown paper bag and give yourself a good shake.
    Scarlet, tomorrow is another day.

Regroup, focus, visualise yourself in the Lycra. Because if you eat daft things again this week, you will be made to wear the outfit.

Now, egg and bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast.

Fish or chicken and a large dollop of veg for tea.

Focus. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by thepolly
    on

Eeek at 266.66666 – I’m not sure how many calories I’m eating – I don’t think myfitnesspal is wired the same as the recipes cos they say one number and myfitnesspal says another number. It’s still a bit confusing.

I had a 2 egg omelette with pork loin, cheese and a little spring onion and then a stir fry rice dish with my new discovery of bare naked rice.

Lots of veg and an egg chucked in for good measure ๐Ÿ˜€

Yum!!!

x

• posted by Lucia
    on

Christie 1948,

What are you going for, studs or a nice drop earring. Drops are supposed to make faces thinner. And compliment the jaw line.

I can see you now, looking smart and sophisticated in them.

Go girl, go!!!!

love lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Come on polly,
    We need facts, we need data, data data.
    You can do it, just have fun with it.

Your meal sound yummy..

I am doing something strange with eggs on Saturday , haven’t created it yet.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

on

Lucia,
    Yes ma’am

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia
    Can I please have lovely sparkly bracelet instead? Pretty please!!!!!?
    Christine

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

My goodness you are putting me to shame with all these exercise challenges since I have well and truly fallen off the exercise wagon these last 2 weeks. So planning on a 5k run tomorrow – the last few days I haven’t had the excuse of the appalling recent weather as it was lovely yesterday and today. Tomorrow no office (thankfully) so I will delay working in the garden until I have DONE THAT RUN. My fitness pal friends will see when I have really done it as it posts automatically there because I have the Runkeeper app synced to MFP.
    Lucia – not sure how to make this into a ‘Lucia-style challenge’?! A bit scared you will want me talking to the trees or running sideways or something!

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Well Lucia, you are certainly back to your normal self after scaring us all the other week ๐Ÿ™‚ love it, love your posts. Just what I needed this morning. Woke up too early on a cold dark Aussie Autumn day. Started to read the posts on here and got a good dose of Lucia sunshine and silliness to brighten my day!
    Now I’m off to try and reason with my 9 year old boy who is having a wonderful time in his room making very loud car crash noises and talking to himself. He’s having fun but the other kids aren’t going to be impressed if he wakes them up too.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Julia to go.
    If you want a Lucia style challenge, …….
    You want to join a Pilates class and want to lose 18 pounds, (from your profile)
    Go onto you tube and find an introduction to Pilates and build your self up to 18 minutes worth.
    So when you go to the paid for classes you know the moves and more importantly so does your body.

Do magic number to aim for is 18 and go through the Pilates window.
    Yes a touch of Sesame Street etc,

You going to give it a try?

I dare you!!

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi cherrie Ann are you in the mood for a challenge?

How about, you have to have a totally English day.

Us poms have cooked breakfast, so you have to.
    You have to have English afternoon tea,
    Can you do roast chicken and broccoli?

We promanade, so you have to stroll, taking in the cold English springtime.
    And, here is the big one, you have got to talk like either Mary poppins or Eliza Doolittle from my fair lady movies, for the whole day.

You up for it?

Go on, be a crazy English person for a day……..
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Christie 1948,
    No you can’t have a bracelet, it will fall off your ear,
    And having only one your head will be lob sided.
    Best if you wear it on your wrist.๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you save and get a special one, maybe get it engraved with a magic number 800 or an empowering word like
    Dis com boob er rated. Had to break it up, my predictive text went ape.
    Or chicken-lips.
    Just for the silliness of it and to make you smile.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Good night
    Lov lucia
    Xxxx

Here is the missing e.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Lucia,
    I’m already a slightly crazy English person! Lived here for many years but born in England.
    I do have a fry up breakfast, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes or baked beans and halloumi cheese. Yummy ๐Ÿ™‚
    I don’t think my chickens would enjoy being roasted and we are vegetarian so not gonna accept that challenge.
    I’ll see if I can do an Eliza Dolittle accent today. I’ll copy my husband’s Nan’s accent. She was from Walthamstow so should be fairly authentic.
    “Oos for pie, mash n liquor then?”, “wot a loada bleeding old tat!”
    Will that do? x

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Cherianne
    Hope your son didn’t wake everyone else! My daughter once made those sort of noises when we were on the runway taking off… 1,2,3, CRASH!!! were her words. We had to shut her up pretty fast as some folk had started to look rather greenโ˜บ
    Lucia – HA! The only thing I have done this week was to go to my first Pilates class in a few years (had been doing elements of the exercises at home but it is not the same). Went on Tuesday with my mum – aching abs since then! Had another booked for today but cannot make it as my daughter has an orthodontist appointment๐Ÿ˜•
    BUT I have bought a ’10 for the price of 8′
    ticket ๐Ÿ˜Š and will report back as the challenge evolves! For today the run will have to suffice.

Have a good day (or night if you are on the other side of the world) everyone!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi, sorry to all the vegetarians, I mean no disrespect.

I have thought about it, and I think I have blogged, I am getting mentally ready to slowly change , moving slowly to you.

I am going to have three days a week without any meat.
    I will build up from there.

Today I will write my shopping list with this in mind.

It isn’t easy, I want to mainly do it for me, and after that, the next reason is the humane one.

This is all I will say on the subject as, previously, people have used bullying tactics on me, upsetting me with horrible words and photos.
    I respect their theme but not their method in me.
    I was brought up on a farm, so from a toddler, I knew the food chain and where food comes from.

Yes, a bit heavy for here, sorry, this is my final word on my opinion. You should see it through my comments on what I eat.

By choice, I am having an apple for lunch, my weight has not moved for a day or two. But I will stay at 800 cals.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

on

Hi Lucia,
    No walk today (yet) I’m afraid – I got up at 05:30 with good intentions but it’s tipping down.
    I’m staying at this hotel for some time in May and will bring my trainers so I can do it on one of the treadmills in the gym if it rains.
    Promise I’ll try later in the day
    However, I did stick to your breakfast instructions
    John

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Cherrieanne I’m glad you’re not going to roast your poor chucks! I want to collect their eggs with you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Lucia have you thought of other reasons for being a veggie or part time veggie? 1. It is predicted that in the not too distant future meat will become too expensive for ordinary folks like us due to exploding global population – i.e. Not enough land to produce enough meat to keep it affordable .
    2. The land which can feed 10 vegetarians can only support 1 cow.

I am a part time veggie. You should watch Hugh F-W, he was challenged to go without meat for a while and had to come up with ideas for delicious meat free meals. He surprised himself!

Apologies to all you true veggies as I know there isn’t really such a thing as part time veggie – but you know what I mean!

Lucia, I hope your scales give you a lovely surprise in the morning and you have had a Whoosh!

Xxxx

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Hashimoto,
    You should be enjoying fresh eggs when you get here. The laying is tapering off due to the shorter days but we are still getting eggs. Our girls get buried at a ripe old age lol. Usually to fertilise a new tree! We have quite a few of Hugh’s DVDs, we can’t get TV reception where we live but we do enjoy his shows and the whole sustainable living thing.
    Lucia, I would never bully or coerce anyone into turning vego. It is a very personal choice and we aren’t militant about it at all. It still isn’t easy, even in these days, to get good veg food when eating out. Especially if you want to go low carb. At home it’s easy to be a low carb vego.
    Julia I can just picture you trying to hush your daughter! They come up with the funniest things don’t they? It’s all about whatever comes into their head comes out on their lips. No filter yet lol.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia,
    What a good idea, I’m going to get myself a lovely bracelet, a sparkly silver one, ( I don’t suit gold), I’m cheap you See! Then when I reach my target weight I will have it engraved with 800, brilliant idea!!! Thank you for the inspiration.
    We are off out for a meal this evening with our diebetic couple, I’m hoping they notice how much weight I have lost, they have been supportive, as well as the forum, we only see them half a dozen times a year, so I think they will see a difference.
    Christine

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Christine, I’m sure your friends will notice your weight loss! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if they decide to try this diet too!!!

Cherrianne, looking forward to tasting those lovely organic eggs your girls lay!!
    Lucia, I would never bully anyone about being vego either.

I was vegetarian myself for about 14 years but decided to allow meat into my diet when living in the Middle East as it was causing people too much anxiety about meals for me – not many people were vegetarian at the time and I didn’t want to be the cause of stress or people making 2 different meals when I was invited to their homes. I still eat meat now but not every day – a bit too pricey apart from anything else
    xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    Thanks for your kind words and understanding. Like all things , I think you can get ‘over enthusiastic ‘ people.

Yes, I am going to do what I usually do, I am going to gradually reduce my intake. Using a few days a week to be a vegetarian. I will let my body and time dictate if I should go further.

One family member was totally absolutely a vegan. During family meals, she would kick off. I don’t know why she came to the meals, if she hated what we ate so much.
    I remember her telling my nephew exactly what little animal he was eating in his burger. He spat it out on my carpet and was ill, with stresss. I couldn’t believe it. He was still in huggies that’s how young he was. He had eating problems after that.

As I was brought up on a farm, I knew at an early age, it was explained simply to me. Nothing was covered up. But my nephew was from a built up area and never had it explained simply to him.
    Sad isn’t it.

So I hope you understand me better now.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Christie, 1948.
    Silver eh. You should wear it for our 2017 get together ( if Michael heard me asking for it)?
    You will look stunning then.

It will be called the Diet convention but we will all be slender. It should be fun.

Looking forward to it.

Love luciaxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and when you get it engraved with the 800, as the 8 looks like a Pair of ‘m’ s side by side ( mirrored image) it could be. Mm. Michael Mosley, initials. As a hidden tribute to him.

Or it could stand for. Mm
    Mazing models

Mindful mass

Mini mannequin

Marvellous mates

Mad members

Can you think of more?

Michaels minions, oooohhhhhh banana.

Love luciaXxxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

L I’m thinking of getting a T shirt printed for my holiday with “I’m a loser” in big letters on the front and the website address on the back.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lucia your relative seems very extreme, in 63 years I’ve never seen anyone behave like that about their views on food. No wonder you feel a bit scarred about vegetarianism. ๐Ÿ™

• posted by thepolly
    on

I’m going to try the aubergine bake either tonight or on the weekend, looks very yummy. I lived with a vegetarian for 15 years and as I did the cooking when we were together I became mostly vegetarian by default… Now we aren’t together any more I’ve sort of lapsed into meat eater style thinking and am finding it hard to think in a more veggie fashion but it’ll come back.

I was looking at the dairy not helping insulin resistance link that someone posted a bit higher up and now I’m not sure about whether all cheese is equal in the spike respect.

Breakfast was a lidl greekish yogurt with a sprinkle of ground linseed and a granny smith’s.

Lunch was a tin of mackeral on a bed of mixed lettuce, also all from lidl. I like lidl

Polly
    xxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Lucรญa – have done my 5.01 km run AND a Pilates class AND an hour or so of hard graft in my garden. Very pleased with myself ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Hope everyone is having a good day !

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Wow julia! You have had a strenuous day! I’ve been digging my veggie patches and coming in for rests on the forums to save my back! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi polly, lidl and aldi are wonderful shops ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang, all I can say about the exercise is.

๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ† to each and every one of you.

Just think how fit you have become sibpncesine you started.
    My hat is off to you๐ŸŽฉ๐Ÿ‘’
    Love luciaXxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

That strange word translates to ‘since’.

It is the language of the crazy people like me.๐Ÿค“
    Love luciaXxxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

We crazy people will stick together, Lucia. There are plenty of us to keep you company!

Actually I love Bill’s idea of the lose t-shirt too. Think you should put in a bulk order. We’ll all be buying them off you๐Ÿ˜

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    I was thinking of those strapy t shirts. With a big 800 on the back and mikes team on the front.
    Love Lucia xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.