My book is on its way!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by daisykate
    on

Hi all, I started to cut my carbs a couple of weeks ago but my weight is not going down much, I lost 2lbs in 2 weeks
    I have a few health issues which do not help. I am looking forward to the book, a more structured way of eating might be the way to go.
    I am 65yrs and need to lose about 3 stones. Any over 60’s losing with this plan?

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Daisykate
    Welcome to the forum.

There are quite a lot of us ‘oldies’ on this forum – I am 68 myself. There is a very good thread – It works for older women too – that it would be very good to read.

I have lost over 2 stone so far. The first stone was very slow (4 months) but the second stone and about 4lbs since 3rd September since I was much stricter weighing my food.

Good luck on your BSD journey.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi daisykate

I’m another ‘oldie’ both in terms of age (66) and length of time on the BSD (started it on 19th December.

I’be lost 7 stone in that time, meaning my BMI is now in the healthy range. Plus lots of other health benefits, including normal blood sugars for the first time in years.

Dress size down from a tight 24 to a 10/12.

Best wishes for your BSD journey.

• posted by Billingebabe
    on

Hi daisykate I started a thread with the topic ‘it works for older woman too’ there are quite a lot of us on there.
    I’m almost 4 weeks in and down 10lbs. Almost immediately I felt so much better than I had done and have masses of energy. Mr BB has the books arriving tomorrow
    (I have the Kindle app on my iPad) and hopefully will join me.

• posted by daisykate
    on

Thanks for the replies, I am very keen to get started.
    I have been reading a lot of posts, some folks seem to be concentrating more on the low cal side of things, I thought it was more of a counting carbs diet.
    I will check out the thread you mentioned

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi again daisykate

The book is 800 calories a day as well as low carbs. Hope this helps

• posted by Frog
    on

Whew hew Lynne – down to size tens now! – amazing, well done
    D

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Frog – loved a pencil skirt in charity shop (black with red spots), and they had a red cardigan I could wear as a top with it. Well, for under £5 it was worth the risk!

The skirt is M&S. And it fits. 😀 Plucked up the courage to go out in it today!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Woo hoo Lynne
    Way to go with the new outfit, well done!
    I was op shopping the other day and bought a size 8 pair of shorts as our weather is warming up. I’ve NEVER been a size 8, this WOE is amazing!
    How are the contacts? Got them yet?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Size 8 Linda 😀💐

Contacts – I’ve been wearing them for 2 weeks 😀 Daily disposables. But only one, in my left eye. That’s being corrected for distance. My right eye didn’t need correcting for reading. Weird, but it works😱

Please log in or register to post a reply.