Menus ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Hi everyone, well I’m back!
    Having lost just over a stone just before Easter I have spectacularly fallen off the wagon and have become even heavier and even more addicted to carbs. I feel and look a mess and it’s time to start afresh.
    I have the book and really love the suggested 8 week food plan BUT preparing such different meals daily is just not sustainable for me. I really need a menu plan of easy, normal meals…I don’t suppose any of you guys have managed to keep a food diary that you would be willing to share?
    Many thanks Kitty😊

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Kitty
    I am cooking a lot more from scratch, but haven’t used recipes that call for lots of ingredients I don’t have and not likely to use again.
    I also hate having a menu plan where I know what I’ll be eating a week ahead.
    I have bought a spiraliser, which I love for courgetti and salad stuff – carrot, cucumber.
    My general principals are splitting calories and carbs reasonably evenly through the day – I’m finding that if breakfast is a lot less than 200cals, I get hungry, or need an early lunch.
    At least one meal will be lots of low carb veg (cooked or salad) with fairly plain fish or meat – although I often have one or two veggie days across the week (protein of egg, cheese or hummus)
    Lots of eggs – breakfast, and frittata (one egg bulked out with spiralised veg)
    Full fat cottage cheese is great – with spiralised courgette, if you have it with a salad you don’t need a dressing

I found some lovely pictorial references to low/high carb fruit and veg content – so nice I’ve put colour prints in the kitchen
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/vegetables http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/fruit

Good luck

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Kitty, welcome back! There is a thread on ‘what have you eaten today’ https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/what-have-you-eaten-today/page/11/ which has people daily menus on it – that might help you.
    For a couple of weeks I would stick to a limited number of foods just to get started and keep it simple. I had the same breakfast (full fat yogurt, berries and seeds)l lunch was soup – I made a pot 3 days running and eat one, freeze 3 so I would rotate round the three till I needed to fill up the freezer again. I had a salad with that and dinner varied most – but I stuck to things that I could easily make and I was not having to go out getting new foods for recipes etc. That worked for me – hope it helps.

• posted by Kitty Malne
    on

Thanks frog and orchid
    Yes I’ve just looked at the thread you suggested orchid, that should help.
    What I really need is to book into a health farm for 8 weeks and let them feed Me!
    Failing a win on the lottery I guess I’d better start planning for the week😂😂😂

• posted by Syb
    on

Kitty, wouldn’t it be nice? Or a chef for 8 weeks! I am way too lazy for all of these recipes. I modify the family meals. I have slightly less meat, no carbs and lots of veggies for dinner. I make a couple of leftover type meals on weekends, either eggs muffins or eggplant parmiagana types of things for lunches and berries/yoghurt for lunch.

Little planning and usually around the 800. Good luck.

• posted by Frog
    on

I’m actually quite enjoying being more involved in preparing the food that I’m having – preparing my food at home instead of reaching for convenience food is giving me more understanding of what I’m eating, and informs choices when I’m eating out.

Please log in or register to post a reply.