Meal Replacement shakes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kitty kat
    on

Hi
    I managed to stick to the 800 calorie diet for 9 days back in January but subsequently failed and have struggled to get my head back in it !
    I have decided to kick start by using meal replacement shakes for a week or two and then depending on how I am getting on I may consider staying on this.
    My question is if anyone else has used meal replacement shakes and if they have which ones ?
    I have the 8 week blood sugar diet book and in there it recommends any ‘commercial diet shakes’. Looking at the ingredients on the ones I have bought the first ingredient is fructose which the book says is really bad. I’m wondering if I should continue with the ones I have or switch to another brand ?

• posted by KBen
    on

Hi Kitty kat,

I started using protein powders ages ago as my go-to b’fast. (It just made life simpler.) Over the years I’d tried lots of commercial protein powders and wasn’t happy with any — until I discovered Dr. Joe Mercola’s website and protein powders: http://shop.mercola.com/catalog/protein-powders,454,0,0.htm

They are tasty (!), thoroughly researched for healthy ingredients and carefully sourced and produced. Do click on the links to read more about why/how he came up with them. I used the Whey Protein (especially “banana”) a long time, then switched to the Vegan when he introduced it a year or so ago. Dissolves very easily. LOVE the chocolate and the sweet cinnamon flavors; haven’t tried vanilla.

I’ve been trying to stay away from dairy, so switch between coconut and almond milk. Also, in trying to get more fiber in my diet, I add organic psyllium husk. Prior to starting BSD, I used to toss in a small frozen banana — but have given that up for obvious reasons!

Whatever you choose, good luck. BTW, I have no financial or other interest in the Mercola products — am just a satisfied customer 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.