Lunchtime variety

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by nigelax
    on

I’m sure there are many like this. I get up early to go to work, so I prepare lunch the night before. I tend to have the medi platter – pepper, cucumber tomatoes, olives & feta with shop bought hummus. The Hummus says eat within 3 days once opened. so I tend to have the same thing 3 or 4 days in a row. I have to say it appears to be quite a large portion, but I do enjoy it. Is this a good thing or a bad thing to be repetitive. Breakfast and dinner are varied. I’m on my 5th week, up till last week I had lost 16lb, this week I put 2lb, a little bit disappointing

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi nigel, I live on my own so my foods can be quite repetitive over three days, i.e. if I have made a frittata I have to have it 2 days running.
    Sainsbury’s do little pots in trios, if you get a long shelf life that should help. The advantage is you know exactly how many calories in each little pot.
    You could also try some of the dips from the book. If I make my own dips I freeze them in portion size containers – it works just fine. You could also separate your shop bought hummus into individual portions and freeze it so you can ring the dietary changes a bit!
    As your breakfasts and dinners are varied I really wouldn’t worry 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.