Low carb soup

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cupperbut
    on

Hi all, I’m finding it hard to get my head around what is low carb when it comes to vegetables. I was eating a lot of butternut squash soup with lentils in it, thinking this was very healthy, only to realise it is high carb!

Could anyone give me some soup ideas that are low carb? I don’t eat seafood so nothing lobster bisque like please 😆. Preferably not too watery either, I like it a bit thick and creamy. Many thanks!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Cupperbut

I have soup most days for lunch. I have posted a recipe for Pea Soup on the Marvellous meals for March thread. That’s roughly 94cals and 7.7 carbs a portion.

Other ideas are broccoli and Stilton, 100cals and 6.3 carbs. Pepper and cauliflower 78cals and 11.6carbs and a cold soup a little like gazpacho which is 107 cals and 8.4 carbs per serving.

I use the Fatsecret app and put the recipes into that and then just change the quantities when I make a new batch. Takes a little time but it’s worth it. I always make in bulk, usually 10 or12 portions and freeze them.

Most of these recipes are readily available online and it’s just a case of logging them the first time.

Hope that helps.

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Verano, your soup is deliciou and so fiiling, I have it a few times a week. Hubby, not on the 800 plan, loves it too. Thanks very much for the recipe 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Buttermeup I guess you’ve made the pea soup. I love it quick, easy and filling. Glad you enjoyed it.

• posted by Eileen27
    on

I agree that Verano’s pea soup is fabulous. I’ve made it lots of times. I find it difficult to stick to one portion though! Do make it everyone x

• posted by TofiEm
    on

Just switching onto the 5:2 from BSD to try to sort out my morning fasting sugar levels and tried your pea soup – delicious!!! Made my fast day MUCH easier! Thank you! 😊

• posted by Verano
    on

Glad you enjoyed the pea soup TofiEm. It really is easy to make and tasty.

• posted by Salamander
    on

All this talk of pea soup and I’ve just had to hunt out the recipe. Cheers Verano!

• posted by jillyB
    on

Hi Verano,

I have read all the raves for your pea soup and would very much like to try it. I have been through tons of recipes but can’t find it anywhere.
    Could you print it again on a reply to me please, I would be most grateful.
    I started this diet 1 year ago, have lost 2 stone [ 28 lbs ] and I am managing to keep it off for the first time in my life, and I have been on so many diets I have lost count a long time ago.

JillyB

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi jillyB

Just search on Pea Soup. I’ve posted the recipe in its own thread. Enjoy!

• posted by jillyB
    on

Hi Verano,

I don’t know where to find this thread, have spent nearly an hour with no luck.
    Looks like I will have to forgo your pea soup.

Thank you for answering

JillyB

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi JillyB

Go to the top of any page and type ‘Pea Soup’ into the search box at the top right hand side any page and it should come up top of the list and just click on it. Let me know how you get on

• posted by jillyB
    on

Good evening Verano,

I tried that but the search box denied all knowledge of your pea soup. However I saw your post re doing the recipe so I am great now, thank you.
    All I need to do now is buy the ingredients…….and enjoy.

Regards jillyB

• posted by Verano
    on

Glad you found it somewhere jillyB. Now I just hope it was worth all the effort when you make it!!!!

• posted by crabbycams
    on

Hi all: Verano, loved the pea soup. Wasn’t completely OTT re weighing everything, but pretty good guestimates. It is delicious and filling. Thanks so much for the recipe. I think it also helps the whoosh fairy to visit.

Keep up the good work everyone,

Crabbycams

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Crabbycams glad you enjoyed the soup. I made some yesterday and added 2 bags of watercress, 160g, but no spinach and I think it really made a difference …. slightly more ‘spicy’ flavour. Suppose this soup will just keep ‘evolving’!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.