Low carb med diet recommended calorie intake per day?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Niki
    on

Hello everyone,
    i am just getting started with Dr Mosley.Doing my first shop tomorrow for this low carb med diet.Does anyone know what the calorie intake a day is recommended for the low carb med diet.I am unable to do low cal at 800 a day or to fast due to medical history.
    Is it recommended to eat three meals a day,how many calories should each meal be?

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Niki
    Have a read of the information on the med diet under the Get Started tab at the top of this page.
    Michael lists all of the foods you should avoid, and what to include in your shopping.
    A good tip is to clear your fridge and pantry of all high carb, sweet, junky foods. If they are not in your home you won’t be tempted by them. Drink plenty of water. Weigh and measure your foods as you get started to give you an idea of good portion sizes, and PLAN your eating by having the good foods on hand to make a meal.
    If you are not keeping to 800 cals then it’s hard to say how many cals you should have each meal. Find out what your TDEE is ( google that) – TDEE is your calories needed to STAY the weight you are, and you need to go BELOW that if you want to lose any weight.
    Just getting all the white carbs out of your diet as explained in Getting Started will help get you on your way. After you get into the swing of that you can work on lowering your carb and calorie intake.
    You can do this Niki!

• posted by Niki
    on

Hello MerryMelba,
    Thank you so much for your guidance.I will do as you say.Hope to update as to my progress once I get started.It is lovely to make contact with you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.