losing motivation not weight!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by vimtogirl
    on

I’m at the end of week 4. In the first 2 weeks i lost 10lbs (yay), but in the last 2 i’ve only lost 0.5lbs. I’m weighing and measuring everything, never go over 820 cals or 21grams carbs. Drinking 2.5-3.5 litres water (and nothing else, no tea, coffee, juice etc). I’ve taken measurements and nothing has changed since the end of week 2. The only thing I am noticing is, i am constantly feeling cold, and I mean cold! Is this a sign the diet isn’t working for me? I’m starting to feel really depressed and demotivated. I’ve tried shaking things up by eating different meals at different times, somedays eating twice, somedays fasting until dinner and only eating once. I’m really at a loss to know how to proceed and would really welcome any advice.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

You’re doing great. There is absolutely nothing wrong. The small losses in the last two weeks are simply your body adjusting to a new reality. Check out this thread for some reassurance on apparent stalls in weight loss from BSDers: https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/plateau-pep-rally/. It’s a very, very common experience.

The cold is a result of your body putting your calories to more pressing uses than keeping you warm. I was freezing for the first time in life when I started this diet, and it continued for months. I’m still a little chillier than I used to be, which I quite like actually, but that bone-cold feeling is gone now. This thread might be of help to you: https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/help-advice-needed-please/.

Buck up, vimtogirl. Just power through the disappointment and when the losses start again, you’ll feel better than ever. πŸ™‚

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hey Vimtogirl – I thought for a moment there that I was reading one of my earlier posts, as your experience echoes mine almost exactly – except I only lost 8lbs in my first week. But I too hit a very early plateau in my second week when, despite sticking to BSD800 100%, nothing seemed to happen. And my goodness I remember how COLD I felt – that alone nearly made me give up.😒 I was near despair but the support I received from the lovely people on this forum got me through πŸ˜€ Thank goodness, because that was back at the end January /early February and I am pleased to tell you that things started happening again soon thereafter and I went on to lose 29lbs so far. My body too finally adapted and started to thaw out – though for a while I looked like an old bag lady layered up in so many shapeless clothes in a futile attempt to get warm😒

Moral of tale is to stick with it. It WILL happen and you will soon be looking and feeling great. And warm.😜

Now I am fully adapted, feel better than I have in years, and love this way of eating, to such an extent that, whilst I am only 2lbs from my target weight, I have decided to happily go for at least another 7 lbs after that.

Stick with it and shout if you need any moral support. Good luck – try some hot drinks as well as water, it helped me (black tea and coffee being my saviours) and at the very least your hands feel warm when clutching the mug 😜

Haha – just noticed that Esnecca has pointed you to my thread from back then appealing for help re feeling cold😜

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Vimtogirl
    Really good advice from Esnecca and Theadora. I was a very very cold person before I started the BSD and was shocked at how much colder I became. I was so worried that this was how I would always be. I was a much slower loser than most people on the BSD but have now almost lost 3 stones and am at target weight.

Once I got to target weight an amazing thing happened. I became a warm person for the first time since I was a teenager in the early 1960s. My diabetes is in remission and I feel so well and full of energy. I am now only just realising just how under the weather I felt before.

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Esneca, Theodora and KrysiaD it is so good to hear your responses as I think I am in the same boat as vimtogirl. So cold, very very cold and just cannot stay warm even if I keep busy. Not giving up though, things are bound to start moving again soon eh πŸ™‚

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I believe upping the exercise possibly triggered my own personal conversion from always cold in the early weeks of 800 calories back to the warm person I always used to be, it may be worth a try. Only my hands have bucked the trend and are still often like little ice blocks.

• posted by vimtogirl
    on

Thank you Esnecca, Theodora, KrysiaD and Buttermeup, it’s a great relief to read your comments. i’m quite a negative person, and I find it so easy to go into a downward spiral. My hubby has been great, very supportive and understanding through the tears, tantrums and “woe-is-me” moments, but is is really nice to hear from people who have gone through it and come out the other side.

Esnecca, I read through both of the threads you suggested, and I now have a much better understanding of what my body is doing. I’m always looking for logic in things, so they definitely helped.

Today has been better, and i am patting myself on the back for sticking with this, I WILL DO 8 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT, IT REALLY DOES MEAN EVER SUCH A LOT.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Good for you Vimtogirl! πŸ™‚ I’m liking your positive attitude πŸ™‚ particularly as you say you tend to be a negative kind of person.

Just remember – you are a strong woman, and YOU CAN DO THIS πŸ™‚ In fact, I’m sure YOU WILL DO THIS πŸ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.