light headed

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by smith
    on

hi everyone,
    my husband and I have both started the 800 and are on day 4.
    I am pre diabetic – my husband is fine just a little over weight.
    Weight loss has been very encouraging for both of us hunger pangs are fine – however we are both quite lightheaded pretty much all the time which is becoming a little unpleasant – is this normal?any one got any useful tips!
    Thanks in advance Sal

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

I don’t know if it is normal but it is quite common and there are many reasons for it. Low sugar in the blood can do this, dehydration or real hunger etc – so it is about balancing; food/carb intake (30gm/day) with , protein healthy fats and a fair amount of fluids. If one of you is definitely pre-diabetic are you suffering more? as you might be more sensitive. If you use the search box for “dizzy” or “light headed” you will see that it is a regular question. Other members will no doubt share their experiences with you but it was not something I experienced myself. Good luck, happy eating, hope it works for you, it did for us here.

• posted by smith
    on

Hi Skywalker,
    Thanks for your response much appreciated.
    Do you know the light headedness has begun to subside a little so I am feeling a little less ropey!!
    Onwards & upwards.
    Sally

• posted by Frog
    on

I was about to post “think about dehydration” and see that skywalker has already mentioned it.

I felt really lightheaded – and hungry- when driving this evening, kept thinking “shall I stop” but it wasn’t that bad and I didn’t see anywhere convenient until I was almost back. Got in, drank two glasses of water in quick succession, and feeling hungry had gone,
    I’d probably had the same amount of liquid as normal, but the impact of walking for three hours in hot sun** had counteracted that,

**Hot sun for the UK, probably equate to a chilly afternoon for some antipodean posters!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Bless you, Frog.

Please log in or register to post a reply.