ketosos

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by me too
    on

so safely into week 4 / last weeks rise in Husbands sugar seems to be righting itself numbers slowly coming down . (many of you said it would !!) Our weight loss continues and Husband’s waist size reduced by almost 5 inches. Pretty certain we are sticking to 800 cals but my husband’s monitor has never said he is in ketosis. Bought some test sticks shows nothing for either of us. Does he need to be in ketosis for the diet to work and hopefully but his type 2 in remission ? Any help / advice please eg of food day
    breakfast 6 strawbs. 12 blueberrie large tablespoon low fat quark
    lunch 2egg omelette and salad
    dinner chicken breast .cabbage. cauli. brussels. carrots ; pud low sugar jelly tablespoon quark
    4 tea tiny amount skim milk snack if feeling desperate half an apple
    options hot choc (38 cals)
    wondering if I’m misjudging/calculating carbs ?? thanks very much

• posted by Mariet
    on

Me Too, ketostix are not always accurate I used to get concerned about it too but now I’ve put it in the Oh Well category! I lost 3 stones eating this way and I reckon I only showed ketones quarter of the time. It’s working, I wouldn’t worry. There are other signs that I rely on now, the thirst for water being the main one.

Congratulations on the marvellous results! I’m delighted the sugars are coming down, it mustbe such a relief for you both. I don’t know what quark is, never seen it in Australia but your diet looks fine to me. Is there a reason you’re choosing the low fat option? Only because healthy fats keep you feeling fuller longer and your body needs them.

Well done to you both and keep on keeping on!

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Hullo metoo – congratulations on the progress you’re both making. As Mariet pointed out more fat would make you feel fuller for longer. You seem to be eating sweet things – the jelly and the hot chocolate will spike insulin and make you feel hungry.
    It might be an idea to read the BSD again to see whether you are adhering to the principles. I think you’re making it hard for yourselves by not including fat. Remember, it’s a low carb, high fat and moderate protein regime.
    A bit of tweaking should do it.
    Maggie

Please log in or register to post a reply.