Just starting out and confused AF

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jessicab148
    on

Hi guys I’m on my 2nd day on the 800 cal version. I have got Tony Ferguson shakes/soups for my meal replacement because I have 2 year old twin boys and I figured this way would be the easiest way to start. Because it was hectic here yesterday I couldn’t make food and so I had a 4th shake instead of the 200 cal non starchy veg and unfortunately tonight is the same. Here is my conundrum can I make a salad of lettuce tomato onion and cucumber Beetroot avo for my veggie option and could I add a bit of feta or even normal cheese or some cold meat. I need simple to start because other wise I will fail as I have many many times before. My doctor has put me on duramine to try and stop the food craving and I’m having headaches I’m assuming from a Coke Zero withdrawal(up to 2L a day). Any help is greatly appreciated

• posted by auntylil
    on

Well done you for embarking on this and having those two boys – you’ll have bags more energy to keep up with them because of what you’re doing. I can’t give you solutions because I’m just starting out myself, but I wonder if you could have someone take the boys off your hands for a few hours every so often so you could bulk cook some of the meals for freezing. I made the veg curry and cauliflower rice last night, which is for three, so I froze two helpings. I’m having some headaches too and telling myself they’re good ones rather than the ones I had for eating and drinking the wrong stuff.

• posted by HeatherV
    on

Hi Jessica. My goodness you have your hands full! I’m now three weeks in and have lost 12 lbs. I think the cook in bulk and freeze option is great advice. The cauliflower rice freezes well and it’s v quick if you add veg / pre cooked meat and then microwave. I use the packs of precook chicken available in most supermarkets. Just add herbs or spices to give either Mexican / Indian / Chinese flavour and it is ready in about five minutes. Eggs are another great option. Less than five mins and leave me feeling full for ages. Stick with it flower! It does get easier 🙂

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Jessica
    On your question about adding a salad. I guess the key thing is do you have the calories to spare out of your 800? You may well do for the salad but maybe not for the cheese. However, my feeling would be that if you feel you really need to go over budget a little, then in these early days, do that rather than snap completely. Its worth remembering 800 calories is a very low cal diet so if some days it turns into 900 you are still going to lose weight. Just keep a good diary of what you have eaten – phone photos throughout the day are good memory joggers if you do your diary when the kids are asleep (its amazing how easy it is to forget the little bits we sneak in!). And obviously, don’t let 900 become 1200, etc.
    But well done on your first couple of days, stick with it and let us know how you are getting on, particularly what you think of the shakes.

• posted by auntylil
    on

Hi again Jessica, how has today been?

I was thinking about why so many people get hooked on drinking fizzy pop, I was a bit like that, and I think for me it was that those kind of drinks satisfied my thirst because I’ve never liked drinking water, and the fizziness seemed to aid my bloated tummy, and… the sugar was a quick fix. Carbonated water has been a substitute for me like Dr Mosley writes and for others here too. Want to add that the headaches pass in a few days according to other people on the forums because I have had some too, its usual apparently.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Jessia
    I think the answer is yes you can!
    Michael is keen for us to eat lots of green veg, in fact he said on here don’t weigh it. And actually the cals in green salad are minimal. I think just count the cheese, aco and any dressing. The only really really important thing is carb control. A few green veggies will just be good for you.
    Good luck!
    Penny

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Useful info, thanks Penny!

• posted by Jessicab148
    on

Thanks heaps guys. Today was supposed to be a shopping and food prep day. Got the shopping done and then disaster struck in the form of my bestie losing her most precious horse. So meal prep went out the window and we had a drink to celebrate his life so headache disappeared from the drinks and so calories are sitting about 750 arm so we will try again tomorrow for the meal prep. And to top it off now one of the boys are sick. So we will be off for a Drs appt tomorrow now. But feeling confident that I didn’t go over the calories count so that’s a bonus in my book. The next big test will be on the weekend when we have my grandmothers 80th. But I will strive to stay away from the nibbles and eat salad. Thanks for all your positive vibes. It makes me think that this is worth it and in the end I’m helping myself be more active with my children as they grow up

• posted by auntylil
    on

My children are adult now and do a bit of mothering of me… but I do recall only too well being a busy mum, working half time and coping with some health difficulties, mainly thyroid disease and gall stones, so I admire your guts going into this diet and also think you’re right on to look at ways to make it work that suit you. Don’t forget you can eat protein too not just salad, don’t want you looking like a rabbit! One day at a time dearie, you’re making moves towards your goal already 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.