Just need to write something!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Thanks flash.

Your reply came through at just the right time. You are very encouraging and this has stopped me from straying.

Had a healthy snack and hoping I’ll last til dinner now. Then day 3 completed! ๐Ÿ™‚ Proud, given that life not easiest at moment.

Well done to you for getting back to it after a sandwich and crisps. That’s where I go completely wrong. Once I’ve strayed I think oh well and eat everything in sight. Keep up the good work. X

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hurrah! A three day streak – CONGRATULATIONS! See, I told you you’ve got this!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m really pleased to hear you didn’t stray. I had a good day yesterday and have started off well today – hoping to keep it up. Will keep your good efforts in mind to spur me on! X

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Just remembering how coming into work 4 days out of 7 kept my Fast 800 eating plan on track. I would prepare lunch and snacks and enter it all onto myfitnesspal the night before, (and my breakfast! Yep I planned like there was no tomorrow) so I had what was left for dinner staring at me all day and knew I would be annoyed if I deviated from it!

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Hi flash – well done! You are doing so well. How often do you weigh yourself?
    I’m planning once a week?!

I’m half way through day 4 now. Having to take it half a day at a time. So far so good.

Barista – good to hear that worked for you. Think I’ll be doing this too.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Yes, I do really encourage you to. Once you have most of the days food there, you surprisingly don’t stray. I always thought such a rigid approach would make me eat everything in sight, but I managed not to somehow. I do recall the days when I could have chewed through my desk. But the food plan on myfitnesspal just about stopped me. Hang in there, we want you to succeed.
    If you felt up to it, weigh more than once a week! If you are really sticking at it, the moving scales should inspire you to keep going through the week. During the Fast 800 I weighed 3 times a week.

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Great advice barista. Thanks.

I have been hitting everything down the day before so I have a plan but will return the the app now I’m feeling more in control.

Weighed myself sat morning so will do so tomorrow (that will be after 4 days)

I’ll report back…

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Jotting not hitting !

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Look forward to hearing ๐Ÿ™‚ and remember that water

good for you

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Chuffed to bits as have lost 2 pounds in 4 days.

Half way through day 5 now.

Really want to keep at it!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Well done! You can do this.
    One thing I remember that really helped the first 8 weeks, in the book it says about eating your food slowly, enjoying each mouthful, and applying your mind to it rather than just pushing it down. And pausing whilst eating meals. If I hadn’t read the book, I’d have never managed, that bit of mindfulness really helps and you feel fuller and less like you want more to eat.

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Thanks for your support baristagirls
    Very much appreciated.

It’s interesting what you say as last night I read the mindfulness section and ate my lunch slowly today.

I’m usually doing several other things whilst eating lunch but took this different approach today. I think it helped.

Thanks so much

• posted by Flash21
    on

Yay! 2lbs in four days is fantastic – so very pleased for you! And you were on day 5 six days ago, so have you managed to make it and 11 day streak now? Interesting to hear how the mindfulness approach has had an effect. I think I need to adopt that as I always eat lunch at my desk while going through emails etc. Right, onwards and downwards with you as inspiration! X

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hey Nedds mum – where are you?! How are you doing?

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi Nedd’s Mum, I’ve been away a bit and haven’t been checking in regularly. But I have been thinking about you. Hope you’re doing OK.

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Hello flash and snoop.
    I REALLY appreciate your messages.

Things are just a little bit difficult at the moment. Still are…

Diet gone to pot again.
    I’m not giving up hope.
    When it’s the right time I’ll recommence.

As I said I do appreciate the messages. They help. Thank you.

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

How are both of u getting on?

• posted by Snoop
    on

In my case, a bit weirdly, diet-wise and mentally. Trying to get back on the case…

Anyway, good to hear from you but sorry to hear things are still difficult. Cyber hugs from me to you.

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello! So glad you dropped in ๐Ÿ™‚ Am very sorry to hear things are still difficult but equally pleased to hear you are not giving up hope – that’s the key.

I’m the same as Snoop. Things are weird. I think I basically fell off the wagon completely. Tried getting back on a couple of times but didn’t quite get there so have decided to draw a line under it all and start a brand new 8 weeks today. That makes the halfway point the day before Christmas Eve, so by then should have lost (and more importantly, kept off) a good chunk of weight. Feeling the pressure but hoping I’ll manage it!

Come back again soon….big hugs X

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Well, I started my 3rd attempt today

Day one โœ…

There’s the small matter of Christmas in a few weeks but My weight has really spiralled out of control and felt I couldn’t wait to restart until after the festive period.

I just need to focus on tomorrow.

How are you all getting on? Would be good to hear from you all…๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Midnight Pumpkin
    on

Im on my second start now, its hard, i think taking it one day at a time is important and thinking clearly about the next day before bed seems to really help. It certainly is difficult at times. I think somewhere deep down we have to accept the diet and just see that this is how its going to be for some time and thats that. Its discipline, as they say, doing what you should do and not what you want to do. Thats not easy for sure though. But I think over time it will become habit and we adjust, so im of the mindset that this will get easier as I get used to it. The results are sure as hell worth it though!

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Thanks midnight pumpkin

Nearly completed day 2. Not plain sailing though. I do find it hard at times.
    I’m just hoping its 3rd attempt lucky for me and as you say hope it soon becomes a habit.

How was your day?

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

FLASH – are you there??

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Hope all is ok Flash. X

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello! Sorry – have been rushed off my feet the last few days but so glad to see you again on here and hear that you are doing well ๐Ÿ™‚ How have the last few days been? If it makes you feel better (which I hope it does!), it is not plain sailing for me either. I just don’t always have the resolve! I am soooo well-intentioned in my head but translating that to real life is often very tricky. Still, I am trying to take not even one day at a time but one meal/snack at a time. Concentrate on making good choices and all that.

One thing I did read recently was that trying to be calm around food can help. In brief, the article suggested taking some slow, deep breaths before deciding on what you are going to eat as that settles you a little bit and provides space between you and your decision. It sounds wishy-washy but I’ve tried it (when I remember!) and it does actually work. I usually get quite overwhelmed with reading food labels or totting up carb/calorie allowances etc and very often end up saying “sod it!” and going for something far less good than I might have chosen had I just stopped and thought about it a bit more. So, I hope you might give this a go and that it helps ๐Ÿ™‚

I now have four weeks until a christening where I am going to be a godparent (yay!) and I want to look good, so it’s all guns blazing….

Speak soon X

• posted by SaraMck
    on

Hello all. I too am starting again. At least there are three weeks before I am actually faced with mince pies and Xmas cake, two of my many favourite things!! Good luck!

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hi Sara! This is definitely the place to come for re-starters! We’re helping each other along. I too am fond of xmas cake and mince pies but am going to have to ration myself quite carefully this year. Good to know of others in the same boat!

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Hi flash and Sara

Fab to hear from you flash.
    Love the breathing advice. I’ll try that tomorrow.
    I’ve completed day 5 of my restart. ๐Ÿ™‚โœ…
    Taking one day (and possibly tomorrow), one meal at a time.
    It’s helping at the moment.

It’s also reassuring that others have restarted. I was beating myself up about it. Now I realise that it’s quite normal. Having said that don’t really want a 4th attempt.

I too Sara am nervous about the goodies at Xmas. For me it’s chocolate, crisps ice cream and cake!! Huge weaknesses.

Have a good day tomorrow. X

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hi Nedds mum and Sara,

How are you both doing? X

• posted by Snoop
    on

Anyway, now that’s out of the way, I have to say I tend to see every day as a new start. So me, I’m on my 111th restart (or thereabouts)!

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Hi both

Shockingly dreadful.
    Wall to wall carbs for well over a week.
    Have no self control and can’t see it improving over Christmas.
    Will try again in new year.
    Seasons greetings to you all. X

• posted by Snoop
    on

Nedd’s mum, don’t despair. I’m easing up over the festive period and will be restarting again on 1 January. Catch you then if not before. Take care. meanwhile and don’t berate yourself. I bet “wall to wall carbs” is an exaggeration.

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Certainly isn’t an exaggeration. Very unhappy with myself.
    Will gather thoughts over Christmas and get myself sorted.
    I’ll restart with you on the 1st.
    See you then. Meanwhile, enjoy the festive period. X

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Ok Nedds Mum — I see you have been tossed off the sleigh at “carbohydrate corner” and are spinning wildly in space — I have a suggestion to regain control which worked for me when I sort of lost it for a bit — forget the 5:2 or 4:3 or whatever — work on the one-half’s now — truly minimalize it — you only have to control the food intake for one HALF a day — I do it in the morning, so my fast is longer — don’t eat anything until 1-2, then eat something solid, like veg and meat, or salad with cheese and meat. The waiting for half a day seems to remind your brain that it CAN wait and calms down the eating monster. I found it a good way to reset when suddenly I was looking for all the wrong food. You can still enjoy Christmas, just try the half-day control on the other days.

• posted by Bissell
    on

Good ideaCaliforniagirl, I think I’ll try that until after the festivities are all over. I’m really not hungry in the mornings and I’ve got so much to do! Lots of cooking going on (you are still going to make the Yule log, mince pies, brandy butter, bread sauce, aren’t you Mum?) and trying not to taste. Actually, I get most of the pleasure out of cooking for others, rather than eating it myself (I think!).
    And a walk to the shops, rather than driving in the fog and trying to park.
    And a quick Rocking around the Christmas tree!
    Thanks for the inspiration everyone on here! We can do this thing!

• posted by SaraMck
    on

I tooo have lost my way. Could think up lots of excuses but nothing valid. Will make a big effort this week so it does not get worse before Xmas day!! Oh dear. Trying to concentrate on all the good things in my life. Healthy happy children and grandchildren for a start. Lucky enough to be going on a Caribbean cruise in January so no joining you all on Jan 1st but have every intention of starting again on my return. Happy Xmas every one!

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Fabulous advice California girl. I will try that for the next few days. Beginning to feel inspired again…

Saramck – hope you aren’t being as hard on yourself as I am. California girls advice is rather good.
    Enjoy the cruise and I’ll see you on here when you return.

Happy Christmas.

on

Merry Christmas all! ๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŒฒ

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hey all!

I’m the same – off the sleigh well and truly into carb corner…I am currently pondering my inability to form strong habits (see rambling post on my thread) and think that I need to focus on this as a way to be successful on the BSD and for exercising/physio too. I know I need to do something about my weight and physical fitness yet can’t seem to dedicate myself to it and want to figure out why. So, am going to tackle that and see where it takes me. Feel free to join me! X

• posted by SaraMck
    on

Me too but trying not to get depressed. I am off for my cruise on 7 th Jan so thinking I will get myself in the right frame of mind to launch the total assault on my return! Also determined not to go mad on board but maintain. I know what you mean about mind set. I so want to get back into my nice normal clothes and stop feeling so fat and tired but can’t get it to stick. Start every day with good intentions then despair by tea time. Oh dear. Onward and upward.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Flash, I’ve posted some thoughts on your thread, but to be honest, I’m not really sure they say what I wanted to. Apologies if they’re unhelpful. I think you’re roughly in the same place as me, though I’m still trying to push ahead and keep going. No private messages on here. Are you on Fat Secret by any chance?

• posted by Flash21
    on

Sara-have a great time on your cruise! Enjoy it and perhaps use some of your down time to prepare your strategy for when you get back – even if only mentally.

Snoop – I just read your other messages. Thank you for your comments and advice! I’m not on FS but could find it and join. It’d be great to chat in more detail with someone who’s in the same boat! Are you Snoop on there too?

• posted by Snoop
    on

I’m Snoop Puss on Fat Secret. Not many people doing the BSD there, but a friendly bunch with lots of good ideas and inspiration too.
    http://www.fatsecret.co.uk/
    It’s good for logging food, if you’re into that, and for keeping track of progress.

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Hi folks.
    So lovely to read these posts
    Just arrived home having spent Xmas with my family.
    Am well and truly off the rails.
    Will look at fat secret too.

Sara – enjoy the cruise. Look forward to seeing you post on your return.

Flash and snoop – I’m in the same boat as you but look forward to posting and reading positive posts very very soon.

I have lost the plot really but have good intentions after NYEve.

Im really big now and don’t feel good in myself. However, want to do something about it. Even a week a go I couldn’t be bothered.

Watch this space….x

• posted by SaraMck
    on

Thanks everyone. Wish dieting was more fun!!!!

• posted by LainieUK
    on

I feel your pain. My Dad has been unwell but I hope he is recovering now. It has upset me a lot, I don’t want to think about life without him. I try to console myself with the fact that I’m lucky to have him. I hope your Dad recovers.

Elaine

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Thank you LainieUK. Hope your dad continues to recover well.

FLASH!
    SARA MCK
    SNOOP

I’ve posted on starting 2017…anyone? thread as I’m attempting to restart tomorrow (1st Jan)
    Hope to see you all over there.

Happy new year to you all. X

on

C’mon Neddsmum — you were strong and rolling — just jump right back on — you can do this. A bad stretch is just a bad stretch — don’t let your life get away from you! I can hear your energy in your posts and I know you can succeed.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi Nedds mum and everyone else. I’m still posting on the thread started by a bunch of folk on 29 August. I won’t be doing Verano’s latest challenge. Might join in on a later one depending on where my head’s at. Best of luck to everyone and Happy New Year.

• posted by SaraMck
    on

Yes me too. On my cruise until Jan 22nd so not starting again until then but will try to maintain and go for it then. Happy New Year!

Please log in or register to post a reply.