Just Finished 8 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by evans1956
    on

Have just finished 8 weeks of Blood Sugar Diet, Have lost 25 pounds, 4 inches from my waist. Just waiting for my blood sugar results later this week.Have found the diet easy to follow I am intending to carry on. Don’t understand why NHS/ GP’s don’t suggest this diet. Would recommend this to anyone with Type 2 .

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Excellent results evans1956!!! So glad it’s gone well for you and you are determined to carry on. Hope those blood results are as great as you weight and waist measurements. Be sure to let us know the news when you have it.

Sadly, the establishment is determined to continue peddling the old flawed advice. Some GP’s seem to be picking up on this new approach, but it feels like too few and far between. Hopefully, things will change, as more of us wave the flag and talk about what we are doing and the positive results – read this quote recently:
    “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world; indeed it’s the only thing that ever has.” from Margaret Mead, American Anthropologist
    Let’s hope she’s right!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Those are very fine results, Evan! Very best of luck to you with your next round. I agree that anyone
    can carry on with subsequent extra weeks with absolutely no adverse effects. We’d all be interested
    in the results of your blood work, so remember to check back in with the group when you receive
    them 🙂

Sunny, I’m very familiar with the work of Margaret Mead, as a result of cultural anthropology courses
    that I chose as electives in college. Appropriate to this wonderful quote, my husband is very
    much the believer. Due to his exposure to the BSD and my constant, passionate comments
    on the subject of successful weight loss, he’s become concerned about a number of morbidly
    obese young women in his classes, some of whom he functions as an “Advisor” to. One in
    particular has confided in him, and he immediately passed out my cellphone number in the
    hope that I could mentor her! He’s decided that I have a message to share, and it should
    expand beyond the forums to people in his life, as well 🙂 I’ve already sent her off to buy
    a copy of (you guessed it, Taubes book ). It does drive me slightly insane that so little
    solid, up to date nutritional advice is circulating in the public domain in the U.S. I guess we
    are just going to have do it Margaret’s way!

• posted by evans1956
    on

Just contacted my doctor. Before 8 weeks blood sugar was 52 taking 5 tablets per day. After 8 weeks blood sugar is 45 zero tablets per day. Don’t need any other reason to continue.

• posted by marie123
    on

evans1956 – they are fantastic results – all of them – and to be off your medication, you must be thrilled.
    No, you absolutely don’t need any other reason to continue. Do let us all know how you go on. xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Marvelous, Evans!!!
    Marie, I know of your outstanding success in reversing T2D, also, so I know you can truly appreciate
    what Evans has accomplished. I keep missing you on my travels….How are you?

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

WooHoo, Evan, brilliant news! Inspiring for both you and others too – keep going and please keep us posted.

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Allie – everything going well, my friend. Hope you’re going well, today. xx
    Yes, it’s a real pleasure to me when I hear of other people with diabetes doing so well – KOKO evans1956.

Please log in or register to post a reply.