July starter

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Eggbot
    on

Is anyone else planning to start in July? I’m going for it from Monday 4th and am very hopeful.
    My main challenges will be some habits that will be difficult to change (cereal for breakfast, daily latte, snacking after work) but I like the Mediterranean style diet.

Good luck all!

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Hi Eggbot:
    I’m starting tomorrow on July 1st. I will join you and let you know how I do………We can do this.

• posted by Simona78
    on

I’m starting on the 6th July. Have my nieces and nephews for two days of the holidays…. so have decided to start post them!! Too many tempting goodies around.
    I’m determined. Diagnosed with Type 2 in Feb, metformin 500mg once a day… don’t want to have diabeties… very keen to reverse.
    I love to cook so cooking foods not an issue… portions will be my biggest ahhhh and I love love my chocolate so will need to curb my enthusiasm is that area!!
    People at work are taking cover for 8 weeks they say…. well 8 weeks later and KG down and diabeties gone *fingers crossed… i’ll be a better version of myself!!

Good luck all…. love that there is forum for praise and venting!!!

• posted by Eggbot
    on

Good luck on your first day Happy! Hope it goes well for you today.

Simons, I have visitors too this weekend hence starting on Monday. Unfortunately it means I’ve stocked up on lots of non BSD type food for them so there may need to be a big clear out on Sunday night!

I don’t have high blood sugar yet but have lots of risk factors like type II family members and tendency to put weight round my tummy. Plus I’m a seirial dieter who really loves food so I’m hoping to retrain some bad habits. It’s been a long long time since I’ve been a healthy weight so even a stone in the right direction over the 8 weeks would be fantastic.

• posted by Jayla
    on

Hi! I’m planning on starting either tomorrow or Monday – similarly I have a social weekend so don’t want to start half heartedly, will see how it goes. Either way I’ll be on it 100% from Monday so I’ll be in the new starters club too. Feeling a little nervous but am so desperate for change that the motivation outweighs the worry. Just got to do a BSD friendly shop now!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hiya

I started yesterday. But I couldn’t find a quiet 8 weeks (it would probably be 2017 before that happens!) so I decided to just go for it and try my best. There will inevitably be times when I fall off the wagon so to speak (I am going away for a girls weekend next weekend – typically lots of wine. I will try to minimise the lapses) but I will just dust myself off and get back on track. I want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. My oldest has just had his 16th birthday, so you can see how long I have been struggling! 4 stone to lose and looking forward to it shifting with BSD.

• posted by Jayla
    on

Loopylou – snap on finding a clear 8 weeks that’s quiet! I’ve got something going on every weekend this month but I figured I’m always going to be tested in life at some point so I might as well bite the bullet and go for it! I’m in the same boat as you; wanting to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and that means losing 4 stone. I’ve tried and tested every single diet out there over the years and am well and truly fed up. I’ve read the BSD book over twice and am feeling inspired and motivated; it makes sense, it’s backed up with all the science, and it works. Onwards and upwards!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Good luck Jayla. Let me know how you get on.

• posted by Annadongela
    on

I’ve started today. Made the raspberry smoothie for breakfast and it was surprisingly filling. Don’t think I’ve had enough for my lunch though – 2 iceberg lettuce leaves, a quarter of a chicken breast cooked in water, 2 slices of cold streaky bacon and half a teaspoon of mayo. Calories are probably there but not filling ones so I daren’t eat something else til later. Off to drink another glass of water :$ Good luck everyone. 🙂

• posted by Vikki
    on

I’m starting tomorrow. Going on holiday the week after next so not ideal timing but didn’t want to wait until I get back as there’ll always be a reason to put it off, so instead decided that during the holiday I’ll switch for 1 week to 5:2 with med style eating the other days.

Tomorrow’s meal plan consists of brunch (bacon, egg, tomato, mushroom and 1 slice low carb bread), and for tea thin sliced pork steak with gravy, apple sauce made with stevia and an assortment of veg. If I need to snack then there’s carrot sticks in the fridge and I’m going to make some tomato and basil soup.

What app’s (if any) are you planning to use to record food? I quite like the look of my fitness pal as I can create recipes but I’m not sure if there’s any others around?

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi Vikki

I use fitness pal. It does let you count your carbs as well as your calories. I already had this app so it was a no brainer for me.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

I like MyFitnessPal too.

I check daily to plan my meals, and can tweak to reduce carbs and increase fat.

• posted by Jayla
    on

Definitely a fan of my fitness pal…I’ve used it a little before and like the fact it will tell you your carb could etc too.

Meal plan for tomorrow sounds great Vikki. Planning ahead makes all the difference I think. I’m going to loosely follow the menu plan in the book for a week or so, or until I find my feet with it all.

on

Hi Everyone: I also use Myfitnessfal and I always weigh my food when I’m at home. Of course I can’t do it when I eat out so I make the best choices that I can.

I have things going on in the next couple of weeks but decided to start now. Like others have said its really hard to find a good 8 weeks with nothing happening. This will give me a good start before then and hopefully I will have lost my craving for carbs. by that time and a few pounds.

Today I had some cheddar cheese, pepperoni with some watermelon for lunch. Made hamburger cabbage soup in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. Will have a salad to go with it and my calories will be at 800 and carbs. at 50 for the day.

How is your day going for those who already started.

• posted by Starcyl
    on

I’m another who is starting on Monday, I have been reading the book and it makes sense just goes against everything we have been programmed to expect when we need to do something about both our health and weight. I know I will do it and have been leaving most of my carbs out this week but not down to the 800 cals, two lots of cakes in the office and I didn’t succumb so that’s a bonus, we have a holiday booked in October and with around five stone to lose a few pounds off would be great.

I am trying not to get my hopes up that the weight will just fall off because I am realistic but as a lot of it is around my tummy area if that started to shift I would be one very happy bunny. I have treated myself to a new set of scales and weighed myself today for the first time in a long time and yes it was a bit of a shock especially as it was in pounds and not stones and pounds!

Glad to see a few others starting at the same time and hopefully we will be able to swap both ups and downs with each other and the ways we get over the bad days.

Here’s to a healthier and lighter year!

• posted by Annadongela
    on

Just started using Myfitnesspal app and have finished inputting my food for the day. It’s made comment that I am not eating enough, recommending I eat 1200 calories a day. Now obviously that doesn’t fit with the 800 plan. Is there anywhere to change that so it sees I only want to eat 800 cals?

on

Ann: Just don’t hit Complete This Entry when you are done logging your food for the day. That’s all I do.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

I always add a random imaginary 300 calories in the snacks at the bottom. Then it thinks you have eaten over a 1,000 calories and is happy to tell your your projected weight loss. When you have included your exercise for the day it gives you a good indicator and can be remarkably accurate at times.

• posted by LindaOZ
    on

Hi Eggbot and everyone else. I’ve just registered today. And I’m sort of starting today too. I’m a pesco-vegetarian (a fancy way of saying I eat fish but not meat from other animals) so would love to hear from anybody in a similar situation. I’m also in Australia. I’m thinking of buying a FitBit so it will “shame” me into, at least, walking more. Does anybody have any experience with those?

• posted by loopylou
    on

Ann: on my fitness pal you can reset the goal to 800 calories, then it stops nagging you! Go into ‘more’, then goals, then nutritional , and you can change it there.

I have been doing B SD for half a week so thought I would have a quick review and check- in. This morning I was down 4 1/2 pounds. Whoopee! ( dances around room). Had a headache for first couple of days but had one before starting BSD so not blaming the diet. This morning I woke up feeling great.

I had my first challenge last night. I went to a quiz with lots of snacks , Pringles (😁 I love Pringles), followed by a plough mans with bread etc and wine. I took a bottle of fizzy water , declined all snacks bar a few peanuts and had a bread- free ploughmans. Came home feeling really virtuous.

This morning I was in the woods walking the dog when my back gave way. This hasn’t happened for years. Had to hobble out of the woods and call my hubby to pick me up and am now lying flat on the lounge floor. Will not be doing my 10000 steps today or for a little while! Determined to stick to the diet though. I’ve got my son making me tuna mayonaise in iceberg lettuce wraps as we speak.

• posted by Annadongela
    on

Thanks Loopylou. Will have a look for that. I’m really ill today (2nd day) Got a migraine lurking, taken migraleve, been to bed and although the headache has eased it hurts to move my head and I feel violently sick. (Had so much to do today as well 🙁 )Don’t know if it’s connected or not as I do get them. Surprisingly not hungry. Have only had a raspberry smoothie so far today. I’m much more mindful too about snacking. Snacking is my thing and I do it without thinking, that’s the hard bit but I’m being mindful of whether I am actually hungry or not and so far avoiding all the niceties in the kitchen.

Well done on being so good lat night. I think socially will be my weakness too, though I bypassed cakes and biccies last night when I was out.

• posted by loopylou
    on

Sorrry to hear you’re not well Annadongela. I hope the migraine passes soon. Snacking is my problem area too and bread is my nemesis. Once I start I can’t stop. I know it’s early days, but so far I am not missing it

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi all, I’ve just started as well, and am now on my second day. So far, not too bad, although I am suffering from headaches a feeling of slight anxiety/out of sorts if you know what I mean ?. I’m a little grumpy as well -more than usual ; ) and feeling very tired. I’ve tried several times before to get going on this way of life, but stumbled unfortunately. Anyway, this time I’ve sorted my head out and realised that this is want I want above all else. I have 3.5 Stones to lose (approx. 23KG) which I know is entirely achievable.
    I’ve discovered a few things already, using mindfulness can distract me away from bad choices. I’ve just had lunch, a tuna salad and then felt like something extra if you know what I mean ?. Anyway, I didn’t, I went for a walk and distracted myself. I had a little chat with myself (sounding mad), last night, or internal monologue that we all do, and decided that this way of life is above anything else, and that I just need to get over the first hurdle and it will become much easier.
    I must admit, I’m finding it tough, I feel quite jittery, but I know that these feelings end. I will look back on this post in a few days and hopefully start feeling the improvement ?. Also, I’m drinking a lot of water, I’m aiming for 3 litres a day at the moment, which means I’m spending half my time in the loo ! I’m going to take one day at a time, and just slow down, planning ahead and seeing any problems that may come up, anything that might sabotage my efforts. Such as….a meal round my sister in laws tonight. She is a great cook, but I don’t want to upset her by pushing food around my plate, so I’ve just rung her and explained what I’m up to. She was lovely, and is going to cook me a BSD ‘friendly’ meal (salmon and steamed veg). I’ve always felt too ashamed to tell people I’m on a diet because of the social stigma, but now, I don’t care, I really don’t. I want to be rid of the extra weight, and will do it as quickly as possible using this diet. I’m up for a ‘buddy’ if there is anyone out there who wants to bounce thoughts around ?.
    Best of luck to you all, we can do this can’t we….

• posted by Annadongela
    on

Hi Seadog. I’m on day 2 too and feeling similarly jittery, headache etc. Having finally, eaten some lunch I’m hoping I’m going to feel a bit better. I don’t think I’m eating enough, had less than 600 calories yesterday :$ but being such a picky eater I find it hard to know what I can have. Looking forward to steak for tea though (my favourite, and allowed!) I seem to have brain fog today, really struggling to type lol, could be the migraine tho. We WILL get through this together!! 🙂

Thanks Loopylou. Just had to go into the cupboard to put the flour away that the kids left out and that’s where all my snacks are. Grrr kids!! I resisted but it did make me think oooooh.

• posted by Seadog
    on

Just reading through the posts, there are a few comments about Fitness Pal ?. It is an excellent app, and really helps with recording your food/drinks etc. Unfortunately if you want to lower the daily limit to 800 calories, and customise how much fat/protein/carbs you want to eat, you have to opt for their premium service, which I think is £7.99 a month ?. If that sounds a lot, then put it into perspective, slimming clubs charge a lot more than that (and don’t work – why would they ?, they want you to keep coming back).
    Also, using fitness pal really focuses the mind on what you think you’re eating, and what you ACTUALLY are !

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi Annadongela, Yep, I know what you mean, I’m at work and really struggling energy wise. But, I am being careful to eat enough. Make sure you eat your calories, but more importantly, make sure you’re eating enough protein and fat. I had avocado and a boiled egg for breakfast, with some pine nuts (yeah I know sounds awful, but actually filled me up right the way through to 2pm when I had to remind myself it was lunchtime !. I’ve just had a tuna salad with some mixed beans and a glug of olive oil to get that fat up !. It’s a new way of eating, but I think we all know that eating sugary coco pops for breakfast wasn’t exactly the healthy option !!

• posted by ay caramba
    on

MyFitnessPal is great for recording what you eat and helps make you aware of the carbs and calories you’ve somehow overlooked!!!

To get it to work out your projected weight loss etc at the end of each day. I just go to the snack section at the bottom and
    Quick Tools. Then I do Quick Add Calories and stick in 300 calories ignoring the carbs,fats and protein section.
    The following day I just click Copy yesterday.
    The 300 extra imaginary calories tricks it into thinking you’ve eaten over 1,000 calories and it is happy that you’ve eaten a healthy amount.
    I put 300 extra calories in every day regardless of what I’ve eaten as this seems consistent.

The phantom 300 calories works for me as some days I eat a bit more and sometimes a bit less than 800 calories.
    It also feels as though I have allowed a bit in there for not being absolutely accurate.

This works for me and I seem to average a loss of around 2lbs a week since Feb 1st.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Loopylou
    Just read a bit more of this thread and now I’ve seen your excellent advice on resetting the goals on MyFitnessPal.
    Doh wish I had spotted this easy fix!!!
    Hope your back soon feels better and it is a short term problem. A bit of R and R needed today. 🙂

• posted by Jake100
    on

Hi, I have had the book for a while now and have finally decided that I have to give it a go. I’m 55 years old with two young sons, ages 9 and 11 that I have to get and stay healthy for. So far I have gotten away with a lot of bad habits. I should really be more unhealthy than I am but I think I have good genes as my dad is 92 and still going strong and has never done anything “healthy” in his life…My hubby and I are looking to take the kids to Mexico during the week of August 20th so I am going to start my eight weeks on Monday and keep going until we do to Mexico and then during my stay there at an all inclusive do my best to eat only lean proteins and lots of veg, fingers crossed! I’m going to use combination of shakes and real food and am using My Fitness Pal to keep track of my food intake and nutrients. Good Luck to all staring in July! Let’s see how much we can lose and improve our health over the next 8 weeks.

on

I weigh myself everyday and was down 3.6 pounds after my first day on BSD. Day one was really easy for me and so was today. It helps if you can keep busy during the day. My hardest time is between 3-4 o’clock.

Loopylou looks like you also had a weigh in so far this week.

• posted by FabEllie
    on

Hi Everyone, I discovered the BSD book by happy accident and I feel like a light has switched on in my brain. I am the classic yo-yo dieter and ashamed to say I have 7.5 stones to lose to get back to a healthy BMI. Previously I managed to lose 4.5 stones using a combination of MyFitnessPal and a Fitbit flex but fell off the wagon over the Christmas period and undid all the good work and then some. My wake up call was being told I was borderline diabetic. It runs in the family. Gran went blind and my Mum ended up with badly ulcerated legs which she could barely walk on. I realised I’m the only one who can stop me destroying my own body. Thankfully hubby is also going to follow the BSD800 with me which makes meal planning and prep a lot easier. We are starting the 8 weeks in earnest on 16th July at the start of our 2 weeks holiday (staycation) as hubby drives a lot for work and I’m worried that initially the lack of cals may affect concentration. In the meantime we have already cleared out the cupboards, cut out a lot of carbs and replaced sugary snacks with nuts, fruit and hummus/veg. Best wishes to everyone who has kicked off on their 8 week odyssey. I won’t be far behind!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi everyone, just wanted to drop in and say GOOD LUCK to all of you starting this month.

A few weeks in and you’ll never want to go back to your old food 🙂

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi Ellie, first of all don’t be ashamed to say that you have 7.5 stone to lose, a long journey starts with a single step, and you have just taken that by deciding to follow this way of life !. If you look back at my post yesterday, I was saying how off colour I was feeling, I can say that I feel considerable better today, I woke up this morning with a much clearer head and more like my usual self (but better ha ha !). I went to my sister in laws last night, and she had made delicious nibbles which I would normally tuck into, but here’s the thing, I didn’t. It’s not that I didn’t tuck in through willpower, I just didn’t want it ! now that is a very new feeling for me, and I REALLY like it !.
    Quick note about the withdrawal symptoms, everybody is different so will have varying degrees of symptoms, I must have been severely addicted to carbs, as I REALLY suffered for a couple of days (I think a bunch of flowers may be in order as an apology for my wife, for being grumpy !). I operate heavy machinery as part of my job, and I can honestly say that my concentration was a little off, so if this is a concern for you, then bear it in mind when embarking on this. Best of luck !

• posted by Starcyl
    on

Hi Ellie,
    As a new starter I know how you feel looking at the amount of weight you have to lose as I have a large amount to shift. I haven’t been eating too many carbs for a few weeks so hopefully the change won’t be too hard to deal with, it’s funny but looking at this 8 week plan doesn’t scare me in the way some of the previous Weight Watchers and Slimming World ones did. I did manage to lose some weight with both of them but it has come back and more so! I am now at the heaviest I have ever been, I have bought some new scales and even though I haven’t cut back to the 800 calories I have followed the principal of the diet and have already lost 2kg.
    I think finding this forum and joining in, which is something I don’t normally do (I tend to sit on the sidelines and just read), will be a great help.
    I have a holiday booked for later in the year and have a dress I would love to take with me so it is now hanging in view as an extra encouragement.
    Looking forward to seeing the improvement in us all!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi everyone. So for yesterday
    Tuna mayonaise iceberg wrap (using the leaf as a wrap), Apple and cheddar cheese, pea, red pepper, and onion omelette.
    I did my back in yesterday so was dependent on my family for making me food. On the plus side I got to watch Wimbledon all day. I was worried about whether the lack of exercise would have an effect on the weight loss so hobbled on the scales this morning and another half pound down this morning. That’s 5lbs in 4 days. I know it’s said to be mainly water in the first week but it sure feels good.
    Glad to hear you’re feeling better Seadog and good luck to all the starters.

• posted by FabEllie
    on

Hey Seadog and Starcyl, thank you for the kind words. I’m planning to trial run a couple of BSD recipes this week as I’m really curious what courgetti and cauli rice are like. I’ve also put Fage Greek yogurt on the shopping list. I’m looking forward to trying all these new wonderful things 🙂

• posted by Eggbot
    on

It’s great to hear how those who have already started are getting on.

LindaOz, I have a fitbit One which is a tiny one you can clip on a waistband or bra. They seem accurate and are really good if you like stats, plus they can nag you with notifications. If you just want to log steps then a cheap pedometer is fine. Which reminds me, I think I’ll dig my fitbit out and charge it up for tomorrow!

• posted by emma67
    on

Hi all,
    My husband and I started last Monday. I have really enjoyed the menu planning and today we tried Doodles for the first time:)
    This morning was our weigh in, the hubby lost 9lbs and 1.5 inches ( T2) and myself 6lbs and 1 inch(Menopausal) well happy with the 1st weeks results and have enjoyed the food too. Drinking 2/3 litres of water a day and not feeling hungry but definately have more energy and no bloating ! Onwards and downwards!
    Keep it up all your guys and girls
    xxxxxx

• posted by loopylou
    on

Fantastic results Emma. Onwards and upwards.

• posted by LindaOZ
    on

Thanks Eggbot, I hope you found your FitBit.
    I bought one yesterday and am having a ball with it. I’m not so much shaming myself, as I thought I would be, but challenging myself. I got off the train past my stop tonight, and walked the 2 kilometers up and down the hills to get home, to see what the FitBit recorded. It recorded over 8500 steps today and over 22 staircases (the hills I suppose).
    Now I think I’ll get up extra early tomorrow and walk the same way to get the train tomorrow morning. It’s past my bedtime here in Australia now – good night.

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi all,
    Just thought I’d check in and let you know how I’m doing ?. I’m on day 3 now, and still feeling a bit sluggish, but it is improving. The weird thing is my sense of hunger ?. Earlier before lunch, I felt starving, but then suddenly that feeling had vanished ?. I’m really getting the feeling that my body is in some way trying to reboot ?. The other feeling I’m trying to come to terms with is what I can only describe as a sense of loss ?. It’s the weirdest feeling, I feel like I’ve lost some part of me that I had needed and come to rely on (Carbs/sugar) and have now made a new proper friend, water and proper healthy and nutritious food !. The only way I can describe it is giving up smoking I guess (I’ve never smoked, but people tell me that you get the withdrawal symptoms ?).
    I still feel a little jittery, but I know that this is just withdrawal, I can do this, I know it will pass. Sorry if I sound a bit serious, but although I’m loving this new lifestyle, I still feel like I’m breaking free from the chains !. Normal service will resume shortly !!

• posted by Eggbot
    on

Hi all,
    It was a mixed first day for me today with a few challenges along the way. It was a colleague’s birthday but I didn’t feel like I missed out when I (hopefully politely) declined the celebration cake. My husband forgot I was starting the diet today – he’s been working all weekend – and had prepared a big dinner for when I got home. Again I (slightly less politely) declined and had my planned meal of thai chicken and veg soup which was BSD-friendly and delicious. (New Covent Garden, I can recommend it, 177 cal for half carton.)

LindaOz – Glad you’re a fan of the fitbit. Fitting your walk into the commute sounds like a great habit to start. I didn’t charge my fitbit for today but I did get out for a 20 minute walk at lunchtime which I also hope will become a daily habit.

Thanks for the day 3 update Seadog. I’m so hoping we can all do this and it’s good to hear you’re more positive about the new lifestyle than sad about the loss of the old! There are some habits that I will have to say goodbye to over this 8 weeks (possibly forever) that I don’t think I’ve fully accepted yet. Hope you have a really great day 4!

on

Hi everyone: Just checking in to say that after 3 days I have lost 5.8 pounds for far. Can’t wait until Friday when I will have my first week done.

LindaOz: I have a fitbit zip that I love.

Emma: It looks like you and your husband had a great first week.

Seadog: I was lucky I have not felt bad at all since starting this plan. But I did do 5:2 before, plus I have been watching my carb intake off and on for awhile now. So it was not that big of a change for me.

Eggbot: Sounds like your first day went pretty good for you. What did your husband make that you couldn’t eat? I keep my meals pretty simple. Basically meat, chicken,( some form of protein) veggie and a salad for dinner. And my husband can always have a potato or rice to go with it if he wants. And yes we can all do this with the help of each other and this forum.

• posted by Starcyl
    on

Hi everyone
    Just thought I’d drop by and add my thoughts on my first day. I had blueberries, yogurt and a few nuts for breakfast, amazing the difference in the taste of the full fat yogurt and it kept me going all morning. Lunch was a chicken salad and then tonight we have had trout fillet and veg with potatoes for one. I do love the Jersey Royals but felt fine not having them, it is more important to start to shift the weight.
    I have drunk about 2 litres of water and had less coffee than normal so hoping I don’t get headaches from lack of caffeine. I just need to start to get some exercise, been a busy day so that will have to wait!

I know every day won’t be so easy so I will keep trying and will do it, feeling positive today.

• posted by Rhodie
    on

I am a July starter too! Hubby and I embarking on this challenge together, which does make a huge difference. Started yesterday following the plan suggested in the book – I do find it easier to plan and shop when it’s in black and white. We do have a bit of a challenge on Saturday as have an invite to a birthday tea – as we are such foodies people will notice that we aren’t eating anything – any tips on how to explain as don’t really want everyone at this stage to know that we are on a diet. I have been on so many it’s slightly embarrassing 🙁 to tell people that I am on yet another diet. Really feel this will work to kick start weight loss and at the moment need to see fast results. We have a holiday in 7 weeks time so will probably only be able to do seven weeks but aim to get straight back on the Med Plan as soon a we get back.

• posted by shopgirl0423
    on

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post and I am starting the program tomorrow morning. I must say reading about everyone’s amazing results is very encouraging and I am looking forward hopefully improving my post cancer surgery lymphedema as well as dropping some 20 kilos. I’ve got the book on my bedside table and healthy food in my fridge so I should be good to go!

• posted by Annadongela
    on

well 5lb in 4 days and been feeling great other than the migraine on day 2. Had an unexpected visit from the inlaws so we took them out for coffee yesterday AND I DIDN’T EAT CAKE!!!!! Loads on offer, typical! there usually aren’t that many, so I sat with my back to the cakes. Hubby and inlaws all bought cake and I just said, that’s fine, wait til I’m thin! I’m peckish today though which is the first time I have been. Been busy as well which normally stops me munching. Anyway, have had 4 grapes and drinking another cup of tea in the hope it goes away.

Well done everyone, we CAN do this!! 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi shopgirl0423, sounds like you are all prepared and ready to go. Good luck for tomorrow, I’m sure you’ll do great. Keep us all posted on your progress and shout if you need any support, as lots of people here will be willing to help out.

Annadongela – well done on progress to date and resisting the temptation of CAKE. There are bound to be days when you are a bit hungry, a spoon or two of full fat yogurt or a cube a cheese is great for staving off pangs and makes you feel full for longer. You can do this, so stay focused and plough on.

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi Shopgirl0423, it sounds like you have been to hell and back with the lymphedema. Firstly welcome to the forum, and our growing gang of newbies !! I am doing really well, everything is slotting into place, I feel the best I have been for years, and I’ve only been on this plan for 5 days !. As this plan is based on low carb/healthy fats with good and clean/wholesome foods, I’m sure this is just what your body needs after your ordeal. Just a quick post as I’m at work, but well done for starting the plan, make sure you post regularly to let us know how you are getting on ?.

• posted by Jake100
    on

Day 1 was quite easy, but at the end of the day I had only eaten 645 calories. Needless to say I woke up with one heck of a headache this morning. Lesson learned….be sure to eat the prescribed 800 calories each day! I had a sugar free 100 calorie muscle milk and the headache finally settled down.

Struggling a bit today. I had some chocolate mint cookies in the kitchen….one of my favs…calling my name so I put them down the garburator! Problem solved.

Tomorrow will be a bit of a tough one. We have to go to an Eid celebration where there will be lots of food and lots of pushing of food. Don’t really want to discuss the fact that I’ve started another diet so will have to look for acceptable foods to eat. My 11 year old son and I made a ton of homemade chocolates yesterday to take to the party and I will have to resist eating any of them. I am really determined to get through tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone else who is struggling or dealing with functions…we can get through this. It will only get easier as each day passes and we see results. I will not give in. I will be living in a bathing suit when we head for Mexico August 20th….if that isn’t incentive I don’t know what is.

Please log in or register to post a reply.