July starter

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by oldtyke
    on

Hi everyone! I started yesterday. OH said he would join me,but his idea of the diet is just giving up the red wine! I haven’t been hungry, and have been enjoying my meals. My main problem is feeling guilty for having full fat yoghurt, and full fat dressings on my salad.For tea I had fish with cauliflower puree,(with cheese and butter in it) It was delicious, and checking on MFP, I have had 33g of carbs, and under 900 cals. I need to up my water and fibre though, or I will seize up .

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Oldtyke

Welcome in. You will find this journey easier than you think. After the first week of your body getting used to YOU being in control you will see the magic. QUIT THE GUILT, life’s too short. Embrace the full-fat experience because it works. Don’t binge on it, measure and enjoy every bit of it, because it works. Did the years of strange-tasting Frankensteinian low-fat stuff work???

Your OH will need the odd red wine to toast your rapid, on-going and sustainable progress.
    N.

• posted by Jake100
    on

The start of day 3. Day 2 was pretty easy but I’m dreading getting through today. Off to my hubby’s relatives for a big feast….I am working my mind into it to make sure I don’t mess up. Please don’t let me mess up. Hopefully nobody notices I’m not eating. This morning for breakfast I had two slices of turkey bacon and two poached eggs. It was so tasty. The rest of the family had the same with the addition of buttered toast and buttered muffins. I’m stopping myself from stepping on the scale every five minutes…a bad habit. I’m going to weigh in on Monday morn, one week after my start.

Good luck to everyone today.

• posted by Jess J
    on

Hi everybody! I started on 30 June so this is the end of my first week. I have about 7 stone to lose so it’s going to be a long journey but judging by how well and positive I feel at the end of this first week I am sure that I will get there. I found day 3/4 quite hard as I had a big energy dip but that has passed and now I feel really energised and haven’t really been hungry at all.
    It’s great to see so many of us taking this positive step and it’s lovely to hear how well everyone is doing so far-lets keep going and I know we will all reach our goals!!!!
    Good luck everybody!!!

• posted by shopgirl0423
    on

Hi Seadog and SunnyB,

Thank you for the warm welcome! So here it goes: Day 2 and down 1.2 kilos! I realise most of it is fluid but hey it sure boosts my confidence. I’d better get that tape measure out as well :). Didn’t find the first day difficult, made some steamed salmon with cauliflower rice (from the book) and veggies for dinner. My teenage son who looked very sceptical at first loved the “rice”.

Have a great day everyone!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi everyone. Day eight (I feel like the big brother commentator). Hunger has gone. And so have the cravings. Went out for coffee yesterday and didn’t even consider eating the little biscuit on the side of my saucer. Only had 400 calories yesterday. Can’t quite believe it. I meant to eat in the evening but wasnt really hungry and then ran out of time.

I will ensure I up the calories today to ensure I get proper nutrition. I have had breakfast today which I don’t normally.

6 1/2 pounds gone. Hopefully never to return.

• posted by Jake100
    on

loopylou, great news on losing 6 1/2 pounds in one week. My week one weigh in will be on Monday and I’m hoping for five pounds. I’m on day 4 and still feeling a bit headachy in the mornings and for some reason am not sleeping too well but hopefully these symptoms will pass and I will fall into the rhythm of the diet by the end of week 1.

Continued good luck with week 2

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

loopylou: Congrats on your 6 1/2 pounds on your first week done. Tomorrow for be my official weigh in for week one but after 6 days I down 6.8 pounds so it looks like we have pretty much the same results. Doesn’t it feel good to be off to such a great start. Here’s week two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• posted by susieb
    on

Hi, all,

I’d like to join the July thread after a few false starts. I’ve been cutting carbs gradually today and will start the 800 from tomorrow.
    Congrats to HIW and Loopylou for great first week results!
    I have 45lbs to lose…watch this space!

• posted by Eggbot
    on

Wow. Fantastic results loopylou and happyitsworking!!

I’ve got a few days until the end of week 1 but so far so good.

Hi susieb. Good luck with your official start, I hope your first week goes really well for you too.

• posted by oldtyke
    on

Day 4, and tonight I made a Mexican chicken salad that I haven’t made in aeons because of the oil in the dressing, avocado and slivered almonds! Lunch is usually some kind of salad with a dressing, what joy researching salad dressings. I am amazed at the way the dressings keep me full. Today I’m recording 795 cals on MFP, and don’t feel deprived.

• posted by Annadongela
    on

I am soooo hungry today!! Only used 600 calories yesterday and didn’t want to eat anymore but today I am ravenous and craving something naughty, probably cause I didn’t use them all yesterday. I WILL resist! I’m on day 6 and have lost 4.5lb, I thought I’d lost more but hadn’t calculated it right, a bit sad about that especially with some getting half a stone in this time, but I am now the right side of 12 stone so have to be happy with that. Hoping tomorrow (1 week) will see a good drop, especially when I’m feeling so peckish today. I also have to be pleased that I have been good all week, it has been easier than I expected it to be and I am enjoying salad and veg, which I have always hated!! My shopping basket looks very different to 2 weeks ago. I’m using the myfiitnesspal app to record all food and if I fancy something but am not sure about it, I stick it in to see what it does to my calories and carbs and then usually decide not to have it. Have never been this conscious of what I am putting in my body before. It’s also scary to think I would easily trough 2500cals on a regular day just snacking on rubbish.

Well done on weight losses above. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Eggbot
    on

Hi Anna,
    Sorry you are feeling down. 4.5lb in 5/6 days sounds amazing on any normal diet. more than 0.5lb per day. See what tomorrow brings and it is still a fantastic result. Keep at it. x

• posted by Annadongela
    on

Thanks eggbot, yes I know it is by any other diets standards. Gone to bed now to stop me wanting food lol. I’ve held out all night tho ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by China2013
    on

Hi all,

I am also a July starter having started today. I have a long journey ahead needing to lose around 60kg, which is about 91/2 stone. I use an Australian app to track my food called the Australian Calorie Counter. It gives me a running tally of the calories, protein, fat, sat-fat, carbs, sugars, fibre, sodium & calcium I am consuming each day. I’ve had it for ages and I think it was free. It’s a great tool and easy to use.
    I have read the book and watched a few videos of Michael Mosely and although I am not diabetic, my bloods are heading in the wrong direction so I thought I’d give this a try. My hubby is very supportive and always has been of every diet I have tried.
    Good luck to all you other July starters.

• posted by Haylsey
    on

Hello all, I am so happy to have found you all. I started on Monday so I am now on day 5. It was so reassuring to read that others have had jittery feeling too as I was a bit worried About it.i am 5’1 and on Monday I weighed 13 stone 5. I now weigh 12 stone 13! So it’s working so far! I had diabetes in pregnancy and my mum has just had a stroke so I have scared myself into this diet. I have tried and failed so many times to loose weight but hopefully the fear factor will keep my going! Also my step daughter gets married at the beginning of September and I would like to feel better in my clothes than I usually do. I am not setting a goal but hopefully would like to loose 3 stone. Thanks for having me xx

• posted by pennyrua
    on

Hello all, I am starting on Monday 11th and am worried that I will be able to keep up momentum – but I am determined! ( I have a hen weekend to get through first!)

I am currently just under 14 stone after spending the last year eating biscuits and comfort eating non-stop because of a stressful job and also doing a masters part time in the evenings. I have a 3 month break before I am back in college and I finally have my evenings back for exercise!
    I also have PCOS and am on metformin.

Really happy that this forum exists, even just a cursory glance shows what a wonderfully supportive place it is!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey pennyrua – welcome to the fold! Let us know how things go and shout if you need support. Be gentle with yourself for the first couple of weeks, as getting used to the new regime can be tough for some, especially if you are used to consuming lots of carbs. Remember to use full fat and drink plenty and you’ll get there for sure.
    Good luck!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi all

I’m also a July starter. I started on the 1st but only cutting out carbs like rice, bread and potatoes for the first five days. So during the first week I only had 2 ‘proper’ days. I still lost 6lb!!!!! I do have a lot to lose! I have followed the plan for the last 3 days and must admit I’m not hungry or headachy or jittery and actually feel really good. Maybe a few days of cutting out the main carbs helps to ease your body into the full on 800cal low carb plan.

So today is the first day of my second week (or maybe first week!) and just hoping this week goes as well as the last one!

Hope you are all still doing well.

Verano

• posted by Verano
    on

P.S. Getting my head around full fat isn’t easy but must admit I really do prefer full fat Total ….. almost tastes like cream!! Amazing how we have been so ‘brain washed’ for so many years that it really has become so hard to ’embrace’ full fat. But definitely the way to go!!

on

My first week is over and I lost 8 pounds. I started the first week eating between 800-1000 calories and 50-75 carbs. I figured if I didn’t do well I could always cut back on my calories and carb.

• posted by Jake100
    on

Wow, 8 lbs. in one week is awesome and it sounds like you’re not going too low on calories or carbs. That’s encouraging. Good luck with week 2

• posted by Jess J
    on

Welcome to all the new starters ๐Ÿ™‚ its truly brilliant to see so many new people starting this great journey. I’ve only been on the plan for a week and already I can say it is working for me . Hard? yes definitely-I miss my carbs-worth it-totally because I feel so much better and more energised after only 1 week. As every9ne else has said we are all different and lose weight differently so it might take time especially if you dont have much to lose-but you will get there-never forget the whole forum is here for you whenever you have a wobble-thats why we have a forum. Its to support and help us when we need *hugs*

on

Jake: Thank you, but I’m sure a lot of it was water weight, plus the fact I have a lot to lose also. Most of my carbs are from fruit and veggie. But I did have popcorn twice during the week. I have an air popper and I weighed it out before I pop it. 3 tablespoon is only 120 calories so that helped to fill me up.

• posted by Starcyl
    on

Well today is a week since I got my new scales and shocked myself by just how much I did weigh. I think I have been kidding myself, but when your clothes size goes from a 14 to a 24 then you know you have a problem!

Anyway this morning I got on the scales and was shocked, no amazed that I have lost a huge (to me) 4.4kg! I really would love to shout it from the roof tops, I have just done a conversion and that equates to 9.7lbs OMG!

I admit reading the book was the easy bit and it did make sense but as low fat is about as ingrained in us as walking and talking I sometimes feel I am doing something bad. I know that feeling will pass but I am trying my best to ignore that little voice and just get on with it. I am not diabetic but do have a fatty liver so when I go for my next lot of bloods done I’m hoping that we will see an improvement and I would love to come off the blood pressure tablets.

I haven’t gone as low as 800 everyday but have have stuck to the principals and haven’t been hungry, shakey or headachey at all, as I get used to eating so much less then I will still have somewhere to go when the weight won’t come off.

I think keeping track of what you eat and drink everyday and the fabulous support on here is really a big help in staying in a mind set you need to complete the journey so thanks guys, keep on keeping on!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi everyone and welcome to all the new starters. Oldtyke, your mexican salad sounds lovely. Can you post the recipe.
    Anna, please don’t be downhearted 4 1/2 pounds is still a great loss. It may be that you don’t have quite as much to lose as some of us!
    Hapyyitsworking, great results. I think you are our “biggest loser so far”!

Although am doing great, i had a takeaway curry last night (chicken sag and cauliflower bhaji, no rice, no naan) and still the scales are down, I have a major challenge ahead. Today I am off on a girly short break for four days to France. Wine is a major component of these trips. I have to make a decision whether to tell them what I am doing or just try and stick to low carb. Wish me good luck and I will catch up with you all when I get back.

Keep up the great work.xxx

• posted by Eggbot
    on

Day 6 for me and I’m really pleased with how it’s going. I felt really anxious on day 3 (which may have been nothing to do with the diet) but great since then. Yesterday was the first day I felt hungry but other than that the food has been lovely and I’ve mainly been eating similar meals but without the carbs. Yesterday was Greek salad for lunch and fish and veg for dinner. It works well because I just add a portion of carbs for the family and it feels like we’re eating the same dinner. My go-to packed lunch for work has been cooked chicken with salad, olives and olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. I’ve noticed too that food has been a lot more tasty and enjoyable as I have actually been peckish when it’s time to eat!

How often is everyone weighing themselves? I’ve been weighing every day this week on digital scales which has been fantastic when the number goes down but it jumped up by half pound this morning. I didn’t monitor steps yesterday and did a lot less conscious moving around so that may be why. I’ll try and limit weigh-ins to two or three times a week from now on I think! Still really happy as the scales showed 4.5lbs down since Monday and clothes are feeling a little looser.

Congrats to all who have finished or are approaching the end of the first week. Good luck with your weekend away Loopylou! Hope you have a great time.

• posted by Vikki
    on

First week finished and I’ve lost 9.5lbs!

Week 2 will be harder as we’re going away for a short break but my plan is to stick to 800 cals the days we’re home and the rest of the time aim for low carb (maybe the odd treat) but no counting, so more like the 5:2.

on

Starcyl: Wow congrats on your 9.7 loss. Keep up the good work.

Vikki: Another Wow for you too. Great job on losing 9.5 lbs. your first week on plan…Just do the best you can when you go away.

I’m going away next weekend at the start of my week 3 for 4 days to be with family and plan to do the best I can and enjoy my time with my relatives. I’ll just make sure to I get back on track as soon as I get home. I will do like you and watch the carbs and my week will be a 4:3 that week.

Eggbot: I’m glad this week is going good for you. I do like you and eat what I did before but without the carbs. I tend to keep my meals simple anyways. Just protein such as chicken, steak, hamburger, pork chops, etc. with a salad and a roasted veggie. And my husband can have a carb to go with dinner if he wants.
    Hope everyone is enjoying their week.

• posted by Simona78
    on

Hi all
    I’m three days in and i feel great. Do feel hungry at times but just push through – drink some water or watch Gilmore Girls hahaha…
    I’ve been on holidays from work this week so i have been able to control what foods i am around. Back at work tomrorow… training day and i know there will be amazing food catered.. but i take my chicken and slendier noodles and i keep on track.

Down 2.5kg , i know its prob water weight but its still weight gone – sleeping better – after such a short time – getting personal visiting the loo more due to water increase ahhhh!

fasting sugars down too.. this is ging to work for me … im determined

Day four come at me!!

• posted by emma67
    on

Good afternoon everyone.
    Today has been an interesting day, weigh in this morning. Hubby has lost 11.4 llbs and myself 8 llbs. We are pretty happy with the result and are enjoying trying new foods and recipes. My husband is T2 and has been taking his sugars am and 2 hrs after dinner every day, his levels have dropped to 4.2 he usually takes 2 x 1000 mg prolonged release metformin hydrochloride every evening, he has decided to drop 1 of the tablets from tonight and see what happens to his readings. We are feeling great, more energized, less bloated and thinner. Had to get the hubby 2 new suits today as the old ones looked massive, he only wants to loose another 1/2 stone, but he is desperate to get off the tablets. I have a little more to loose but found a smaller pair of jeans that now fit, and clothes are generally feeling a bit looser. Gonna be a tough week ahead its our sons graduation on wednesday so we are off out for a celebration meal, then off in the camper for a few days to catch up with old friends.
    Even though i havent lost as much weight as my husband , yet !, I am determined to keep going and get to a point where I am happy with what I see in the mirror .
    Stir fry and salmon steak tonight….yum xxx
    Stay strong out there
    xxxxxxx

• posted by LindaOZ
    on

Congratulations to everyone for doing so well.

I’m still learning about what I can and can’t eat, and so am getting mixed results.
    I’m using Ketostix to see if I’m burning keytones instead of carbs. that way I can see what foods tip me over into the carb-burning zone.
    I can’t login so often due to the work I do; I work away from home for three weeks out of every six.

A summary of my first week is below – in case it is encouraging or useful to anyone. Please correct me if I am wrong on any of my hypothese.
    1. I found that I got an awful headache on about the second day. I had the headache for about two to three days. I looked up what happens to our bodies, and found that, when eating and burning carbs, your body releases insulin, even at the thought of food, When the insulin stays in your blood (as I suppose it does if you don’t eat carbs – apparently insulin holds a “key” for assisting the carbs enter the fat-cells in your body), you get headaches. I suppose that when the headaches go, a person is burning ketones instead of carbs and not releasing much insulin.
    2. I lost weight – not much, about a kilo, then put it on again when I ate a Vietnamese dish – Pho, when in the city with my daughter. there were noodles in the dish – and I ate them. I also noticed, from the Ketostix, that I stopped burning keytones.
    3. Drank some red wine one night, but that did not seem to affect my weight loss, but lowered the amount of ketones being burnt.
    4. Not discouraged, I went back on the diet and lost another kilo. I have lost my enthusiasm for food, which is a good thing. But thought I’d try to make muffins. I googled and thought I’d make my own recipe based on low-carb recipes on-line, and the comments on what reviwers would do to improve the recipe. My version was delicious – but this morning, I was almost a kilo heavier, and my body had returned to burning carbs (Ketostix evidence).
    5. So today, I will return to just drinking black tea (vanilla rooibos), one coffee with a tablespoon of cream, a quarter teaspoon of cocoa in water with a tablespoon of cream, and my favourite – vegetables fried/broiled in coconut oil and butter, and a little haloumi or goat’s cheese.

• posted by Josie
    on

Hi Everyone,
    I have just started the 8 week plan today. I’m vegetarian so will be modifying some of the recipes – any other veggies out there? I need to lower my blood-sugar and my husband has bad arthritis so he is doing the plan with me to see if it helps with his inflammation. We have lots of social functions coming up but have started anyway. I’m always fussy lol so no-one will notice. I’m not usually big on eggs but since high sugar diagnosis I have tried to include more – this morning I had a kale, cherry tom, spring onion and red pepper omelette and for lunch an almond butter and avo/salad lettuce wrap. Reading your posts reminds me to go drink some water. Will menu plan tonight and shop properly tomorrow.

• posted by shopgirl0423
    on

Hi everyone,
    So I’m on day 6 and I weighed in this morning and have only lost another 100 g since my day 2 weigh in. A total of 1.3kg. What gives??? Has anyone else come across this? I’ve been sticking to the diet religiously. Feeling a bit frustrated… On the upside I do feel better and haven’t got any cravings so I’m poaching some chicken breast for dinner together with a salad. Hopefully the scales will change soon.
    Great to read about everyone’s successes! It does keep me motivated and thinking that maybe this old body of mine is just trying to trick me into thinking it doesn’t work ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by HoneyBeeMe
    on

Day 1 for me.. Totally un-prepared, feeling apprehensive yet very determined.. I shall succeed! I’m sure this journey like any other will be full of twists and turns and ups and downs.. The start of my new adventure with food and exercise, we shall fall out with one another,, make up again, laugh, cry, scream and smile. My goal to get somewhere near my pre pregnancy weight.. My babies are 25, 22 &15.. It’s taken many years to create this body and will take many months to find the me within the obese, unhealthy body I have created.. Here’s to a healthy long life and healthy insulin free blood sugars – good luck everyone x

• posted by MaryH
    on

It’s my first day also. I have 30lbs to lose. A bit unprepared but so far today it’s been OK

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello the HoneyBeeMe and MaryH – good luck with your journey. You are right, there will be ups and downs, but stick with it and you will see results. Keep us posted and shout if you need support, ‘cos someone here will respond.

Shopgirl0423 – don’t panic, this is not unusual and happens to most of us at some point on the BSD. If you keep going it will come right, but it could be worth checking you aren’t eating too many carbs, that you are including enough fat and drinking plenty. These three are important to the success of the BSD. When I plateaued, I found it was the carbs that had crept up, that was defeating my efforts.

Good luck and do let us know how you get on, I’m sure you will be seeing positive results again soon.

• posted by JanieB
    on

I have started today. Yesterday used mums glucometer to measure my fasting blood sugar. 7.2 was not the result I had been expecting, so having read “The Blood Sugar Diet” some weeks ago I have immediately launched into the 800 calorie a day diet. If there is no change in 8 weeks I will go to the doctor for an official diagnosis. Hoping that won’t be necssary. Am 54 and 19 stone so hopefully I can shift 30+ lbs and also get BP and cholesterol down. Wish me luck!

• posted by Amhedin
    on

Hello. OH and I are starting again. Our first 8 weeks was really successful (well, actually I went on holiday in Week 8 which wasn’t so great, but OH graduated with honours). Apart from weightloss, OH saw his blood sugars drop – mine were reasonable to start with and seemed to be pretty erratic throughout. Most of all we just felt more clearheaded and in control. Really didn’t miss the carbs, which surprised me as a lifelong lover of bread and potatoes. What we didn’t do was to plan our exit strategy and over the past 4 weeks we have struggled with making sensible choices. So we have decided to have another go round of the 8 weeks, and spend a lot more time thinking about where we are going at the end. I’ve done 5-2 which is fine but I tend to being very repetitive on the 500 cal days. Mediterranean would be a good way to go, but we hadn’t really got the mindset;
    So here we are again on Week 1 Day 1. It was a tough stretch between lunch and supper, but the food was delicious (I rely on the recipes in the book mainly). Feta and red peppers for lunch and harissa chicken for supper. Lovely to have all these salad leaved in season….

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Congrats and good wishes to all the july starters

shopgirl as SunnyB said don’t panic. I actually started on 27 June and for 3 days in the first week I was the exact same weight, went up one day as well – can’t keep off the scales I know – but ended the week nearly 5 pounds down. Am now in week 3 and down 8 pounds.

Sometimes you know that you have eaten too much and can balance the next day.

Best wishes to all

Ruth

• posted by shopgirl0423
    on

Welcome to HoneyBee and MaryH!

SunnyB – You were right! Weighed myself this morning after 7 days on the program and hey presto! had lost another 1.1kg. So the result from the first week is down 2.4kg which I’ve calculated to be approx 5.3lbs. Very happy indeed. I did check my carb intake over the last week and found that I was sitting around 100g instead of 50g so I’ll readjust that for week 2 and hopefully that will make a difference.

• posted by StephRW
    on

Hello
    I started today, 11th July. The day went well and the recipes I tried, red peppers and feta and Moroccan lamb meatballs were delicious. I’ve drawn up my meal planner for the week and managed not to give in to temptation whilst food shopping today. I’ve found reading everyone’s posts really encouraging. Good luck to you all whatever stage you’re at on the BSD journey.

• posted by Jake100
    on

Hi everyone:

Today I start week 2. Week one went OK. Had a lot of temptations. One big family dinner, a huge festival for Eid, and a birthday party. Somehow I got through and didn’t cave. Throughout the week I did cheat a time or two with a homemade chocolate but didn’t go crazy. End of week 1 and I am down 5 lbs. I have a total of 30 pounds to lose to 25 more to go. Did have a few headaches and lack of energy but feeling much better at the start of week 2. I feel like I am through the worst of it.

I’m changing it up a little this week as I am also going to practice as much as possible intermittent fasting 16:8. I’m allowing myself a window from noon to 8 p.m. to eat my 800 calories. No parties to deal with this week so I think it is doable.

Onward and Upward! Good luck everyone.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi all
    So wonderful to see so many starting this what Personally consider a miraculous healing eating plan. There are always people here further down the path than you who can point you in the direction to an answer or for support. so go for it, live it and love it, and get busy, count everything carbs and cals, and you will be amazed.
    Love Jan ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“

• posted by HoneyBeeMe
    on

Hi everyone.. The end of day 2 for me – my head feels like it’s going to explode for the last 24hrs.. I feel like I have a dehydrated headache but have drank over 3litres of water each day.. Can anyone recommend any thing or is it just my body adjusting??

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi HoneyBeeMee
    Maybe your are drinking too much! Possibly not eating enough !
    Try cutting down to 2 litres a day for a couple of days and then go up to 2.5 and gradually build up.
    I don’t know what your normal water consumption was but if it was quite low then the extra water, all in one go, may just be making you feel bad.
    Beat of luck it will work out.

• posted by JanieB
    on

Hi HoneyBee
    I tried this diet a couple of months ago and had exactly the same. I reckoned the headache, in my case which lasted at least 2 days, was sugar withdrawal. It is really unpleasant but stick with it, it does pass and then you feel great. Keep hydrated but I think it is something you need to go through. Take painkillers if they help and take it easy for those days. Good luck and look forward to hearing by Thursday that it is all gone ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by HoneyBeeMe
    on

Thank you for your advice. I usually drink around 3litres of water each day so nothing different for me. I am having 800 calories each day.. I will persevere and hope it passes

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi everyone.
    I am back from my four day trip to Biarritz and very nice it was too. I managed to stick to low carb incredibly well food wise, but didn’t worry about the 800 cal limit. I did tell my friends what I was doing and they were largely supportive but I am afraid I fell at the first cocktail hurdle. I have consumed gin and tonics, wine, mojitos and even one pina colada (A personal holiday weakness). However, as it is my two week weigh in today, I fearfully got on the scales and had put on only one pound while I was away, Making a loss of 7 1/2 pounds in two weeks. I know that now I am back, I can get back on track and start shifting that weight again.
    Honeybeeme, I am sure your headache is just your body adapting to your new diet and will shift quickly. If you look back to some of the earlier posts in this thread you will see it is not uncommon. As Janiebee said, take painkillers and be kind to yourself. You may possibly have reduced your caffeine intake which can cause temporary but severe headaches.
    To all the new starters, well done on a great choice and good luck. and everyone else, great results. Keep it up. It is so inspiring and motivating to read all our successes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.