Judicious July: Just starting over!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks, Cat xx

• posted by Gaga4Shoes
    on

Good evening all,
    What a day. I woke up late (would have been ok if I didn’t plan a tea get together). Needed to get gym in and so I did bike to the gym, did the usual stuff and biked back. I would feel totally guilty if I didn’t do that. I made the different frittatas and also added a french savory crepe (using buckwheat). I didn’t eat the crepe but I had the filling (smoke salmon and creme fraiche).
    For dessert I did the avocado truffles – the ladies loved it and loved that it was healthy plus a carb free, no sugar chocolate souffle. I had one bite of that. I thought I did ok. I couldn’t resist the souffle. One bite wouldn’t hurt. I only had berries and a tablespoonful of yoghurt in the morning as I know there will be lots of food in the afternoon. But at the end after all the preparation, I didn’t really eat much. I think smelling all that food must have turned me off – just felt full.
    Thank you all for the sharing the different websites.
    As for the silly trainer – what does he know – they are not really trained nutritionist. Some may be but not all are. Verano, I hope you will find a solution doing some form of exercise. I did not realize that you had surgery. Yes, that makes things a little more complicated.
    Tomorrow night, my husband has his workout buddies come in for a Friday post workout meal (that’s been a tradition here). He sets up a gym in the garage to get his co-workers to exercise for free and socialize. It’s been nice. With all the different links for recipes I have received from everyone I think I can do this. Thank you all for your kind support and advise on the menu.
    Goals : I love the idea of setting January goals. Mine would be to stick to this WOE. Fingers crossed!! Have a wonderful evening.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning folks!
    South west Florida has been unusually rainy all week so have not been able to swim, which I love!
    Here we are at July 12 already! I made a keto shepherds pie that was to die for and wonderful as leftover lunch!
    https://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/shepherds_pie.html
    Hubby even loved it!
    Happy Friday to all of you working. Friday is my “free” day. No orchestra, volunteer work, bible study,or groceries. Normally I spend the day at the pool but that storm over the Gulf of Mexico is giving us rain. It might be a home office day. What are you up to today.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    Cat I’m sure you won’t starve and I have to say I have great admiration for your plan …… best of luck!
    Still not made my January goals but I love your plan Kafin. I could definitely do with using all my lotions, potions and make-up before buying more! I could make that my first goal.
    Gaga well done on such a successful day. It does get easier in social situations as time goes on as you really don’t crave sweet/carby stuff in the same way.
    Well as another weekend approaches I suppose we should all try our best to make judicious choices …. we will! Have a good day.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning Verano!
    Speaking as a person who was used to 2,000 calories a day (800 cal at 4:30 pm), I have been working on getting the calories down, but this is going to be challenging. Funny thing is that it is the calories that are little, not necessarily the amount of actual food. Eating mostly vegies and protein is really quite a bit of actual food.

• posted by Verano
    on

Yes Cat it probably will be challenging but as Allie has just said on another thread it’s mainly mind over matter. I think once your in the right mindset you can do almost anything. Unfortunately I just can’t seem to regain that mindset at the moment!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, another hot day here so I have already had my swim, may have another tonight. Got on the scales this morning and I have been gaining 0.1kg per day since Monday, so now up 0.4kg. Do you ever lie in bed and run your hands over your midriff and tum and think – yeah that feels flatter – and then get weighed and you have gained. So I thought, I am not having this knowing I have been really strict with around 800 and exercising every day so I got out the tape measure. I only measured just over a week ago (1st July) so I had a reference point and I have lost 1″ from bust and stomach each, half inch from midriff and quarter inch from one leg. 2.75 inches overall. So now I have to agree, I must be gaining some muscle, especially as my legs and arms are quite toned except for the wobbly bits that will never go away.

I am busy cleaning as we have house sitters arriving on Sunday and I like things to be spotless. Hubby cleans the kitchen and vaccums throughout the whole house and I do the rest (mop floors, bathroom, toilet, polishing, glass cleaning) Phew, I’m worn out thinking about it. Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by 7babies
    on

Gaga-it sounds like a wonderful party with tasty food
    Violonist-enjoy your free day
    Kafin-I love those sorts of goal
    Verano-I agree, mind set really matters
    I was down another pound this morning 🙂 I’m wondering as I near my first goal if it’s time to start a 2:5 kind of plan to move toward a sustainable life plan. I still haven’t read the book. I’m about to give up on my library. I guess if I’ve gotten this far a month in I may not need it. As I’m not diabetic do any of you have advice?

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning everyone or should I say good morning to the stalwarts! We seem to be growing fewer by the day!
    7babies try searching on ‘Daily Mail Fast 800’ and you should come up with lots on MM’s recent articles which will give you a really good overview of low carb eating the fast 800 and 5:2 etc. There are also lots of recipes. Also try the dietdoctor website if you haven’t already and you will be in a much better position to decide when the right time to change is.
    S-g I suppose it just goes to show that the scales really can be an enemy and that measurements are a far better guide. I think as well in the hot weather you probably hold onto more fluid. Anyway ignore the scales and listen to your body.
    I’m really looking forward to following the egg fasters next week. It will be really interesting to see the results. I do like eggs but am not sure if I could live on them even for just three days!
    We are now on Day13 and I hope everyone is making better choices in July and even if not, then at least thinking about the choices we make. I have become more aware of what I’m eating and have started to weigh and log again. I know that not everybody thrives with weighing/logging as it can become obsessive, but then I think that’s one of the beauties of this WOE …. so many choices of how to implement this way of living.
    I shall be watching tennis today and tomorrow and generally having a relaxing weekend. Hope your weekend is good too.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning Verano! Happy Saturday to you! Enjoy your tennis. I hope to get n 10,000 steps today if it is still cloudy and cool. If not, then I will swim half a mile.

Have a great day everyone!

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am still here V !! Still.not eating choc but my salad had a few walnuts nestling among the radicchio yesterday ! I was so pleased to.find fresh cream ..not had any since the UK and it goes in my morning coffee. ..but I am being very judicious..😎
    Enjoying Sardinia very much..intense heat which doesnt really abate …sticky sticky. I am walking well and pleased to.be moving a bit more,
    Love to everyone…will check in later xx

• posted by chunkyd
    on

Hi Guys!
    I have a solitary sweet potato that needs using up (family had one each roasted last night and one left over). I believe they have less carbs than a regular potato. Anyone have any good suggestions for what to do with it? Currently I propose to chop into 1 – 2cm chunks and roast, and have with a chicken breast. More existing ideas are welcome – or you can tell me I shouldn’t be eating sweet potato!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi chunkyd, my advice would be to get into the habit of checking the carb levels of everything when you think about eating them. – Sweet potato is lower carbs than standard potato, but not a lot lower.
    ———–
    I am still here V, but I have a confession to make. – I have sort of accidentality switched my aim for the month without noticing. – :={ – I have been merrily working on keeping carbs below 20g a day and have broken a stall in the process. Only, I just realised that I said when you started this tread that my aim would be to do more intermittent water only fasts. I find it so difficult to combine fasting with shopping once a week.

Either way, as of this morning I have 1.2lbs to discard to get to the 7 stone discarded milestone.

• posted by 7babies
    on

Good morning everyone.
    Verano-thank you so much for the resources. I will check them out today.
    Violinist- enjoy that weekend walking.
    Wendleg- I hope you’re enjoying the holiday and congrats on the chocolate success.
    Chunk-perhaps roast it with cauliflower and zucchini (courgette?) and eat it over two days to spread out the carbs.
    JGwen-congrats on your forward progress whether it came the way you planned or not

• posted by wendleg
    on

….and not a single gelato.has passed my lips either 😇😇
    Chunky I would not eat the sweet potato. I even.leave the swirly strips of carrot on my.mixed salad plate these days …but I.am a bit hard core 😉

• posted by alliecat
    on

You are fabulous, Wendy, and your results speak for themselves 🙂 Not sampling the gelato on a hot day takes willpower and
    commitment…I’m an “all or nothing” lady too, and it’s the only way that I can be successful. The entire concept of “everything
    in moderation” has always eluded me. Now we need to convert your O/H to our way of thinking….He’s quite naughty, but
    charming nonetheless 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Chunkyd, toss the sweet potato!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Just finished watching the tennis. Not the most exciting match but nonetheless it’s good to see a ‘new face’ taking the title.
    Pleased to see a few more people posting.
    Wendy you are truly amazing and obviously have a will of steel. I must admit I’m not a lover of gelato so at least that’s one temptation less for me! Enjoy the rest of your trip.
    JGwen great going. It doesn’t matter how you do it in the end as long as you are over your plateau that’s all that counts. Just 2 more pounds to your century! Brilliant!!!!!
    Chunkyd I agree with the others dump the sweet potato. A sweet potato has 20g of carbs per 100g so you could use your whole days allowance in one stroke! Not only that but it could just awaken your taste buds for the sweet stuff again ….. don’t risk it.
    Grilled steak and vegetables for me tonight which is a rare treat as I don’t eat meat very often so I really enjoy it when I do.
    Enjoy the rest of the day.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Jgwen, is that 98 pounds!!!!!
    7babies, you are so good to keep up with all of us! My walk produced blisters, dang it! Now I am out of walking commission! I need to go swim.
    I agree with Allie, toss the potato. I don’t even buy potatoes anymore accept for hubby. I have my eye onJanuary 1 in 25 weeks so if I can’t lose a pound a week going from 2,000 calories to 800, there is something wrong

• posted by Violinist
    on

And, I do not know MODERATION, never have. Always been all or nothing. Tonight is chicken thigh steam roasted in a Ninja cooking system and brussells sprouts and bacon

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Violinist. Another 1.2 lbs to get to 7 stone, then an additional 2 lbs will get me to the 100lb discarded. – The scales have been so slow to move of late that I am looking for little steps in achievement switching been steps in kg and lbs and stones to find as many little goals to work towards.
    On the plus side, my physical stamina has been increasing considerably. Even against few months ago the amount of time it takes me to do chores has improved considerably.

• posted by Violinist
    on

So awesome Jgwen!

• posted by Verano
    on

JGwen the proof of the pudding is in how you feel ….. and you have cracked it!
    Cat …. 25 weeks to 2020 …… my heart sank …. but then I realised that’s really just only half way through the year! Here’s to the next 25 anyway!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Probably screaming all the way!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Wow JGwen – you’re another of the inspirational hall of famers for me! I seem to remember a post where you described yourself as rugby player shape but you’re 7 stone! That’s so impressive and I want to acknowledge the changes you made in your physical fitness too – weight loss is great but you’ve done both! May I ask how tall you are?
    Do you think the majority of us are all or nothing people? Seems a common thread!

• posted by Gaga4Shoes
    on

Good afternoon all,
    Last night’s dinner was a success. I didn’t eat much. The men pounded the food and me just keeping busy. Cooking for company is indeed therapeutic at least for me. I smell the food while cooking and do not feel the need to eat much after all that cooking. Much too hot up here now.
    Congrats JGwen on your progress.
    Yes, toss the sweet potato for sure Chunkyd.
    7babies I got my book free online.

My next challenge: My husband wanted to watch the boxing match LIVE in today. So bought the tickets late last night and yes, we drove 5 hours to get to the venue. It is truly hard to find food choices in restaurants. He is a beer connoisseur and of course pub food is mainly carb city. The salads aren’t really great but…for the moment that is what I have to settle with.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone. Off to watch the fights.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Kafin, :-)))) No, I am coming up to having discarded 7 stone. But the shape change has been spread over my whole body so that’s only a drop of 3 dress sizes but 1 shoe size. I am 5 ft 8 and I would like to end up under 14 stone. It depends how things go in terms of discarding fat v replacing fat with muscle if I manage that.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Well 7st is incredible, you’re definitely one of my heroes 😊. I know you’ve mentioned the shoe size before which I find fascinating. My feet have never changed size but they stopped growing when I was ten and they’re only 6.5 so I’m not sure I want them any smaller! I have no doubt you will manage it.
    I don’t remember who recommended Doctor in the House (BBC series), but I am addicted and while it’s not all about people losing weight, for many people changing their diet can solve so many problems. I’m hooked!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

That is one heck of a milestone JGwen! I am afraid my July has been less than judicious in some respects; so I am aiming to focus on the remainder of the month, and then move on to Attentive August; getting to 10st for my 58th twds end of Sept would be great (but only I can make that happen! So 8/9 weeks to regroup and focus). I remember Doctor in the House as a comedy series, but the reference here must be to something else. Mini egg frittatas are cooking away ; half lardons and cheese; half lardons/few peas/fresh mint/dusting of parmesan. They are so far puffing up a treat. So that will be my contribution to the egg fasting this coming week – I know it is not the hard core version but needed to use the lardons! It has rained in London this morning, so nice and fresh. Will be glued to Wimbledon later and some of you will I am sure be too!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi All
    Apologies for not posting for a bit. I’ve been away for a few days. I meant to post on Wednesday before I left, but typically ran out of time.
    JGwen – as 6T says that is a great milestone, and also good to hear about the increased energy.
    Kafin – it’s odd isn’t it about shoe size – mine did shrink. My shoe size went from 6 to 5 (which I used to be in my much younger days)For me, it was one of the nicest NSVs because for years I’d had no visible ankles and couldn’t get into any shoes I liked. I still catch myself looking at my slim ankles – still can’t quite believe their mine!
    6T – those mini-frittata sound good. I’ve seen a few different recipes on here but never got round to try them yet. I must give them a go.
    Gaga4shoes – I’m with you on the pub food. Previously, if I was paying for something I’d have to get my money’s worth, carbs and all, now if I can’t swap things, I just focus on enjoying being out. Lots of nice food at home.
    So my focus for this month has been on getting back into a good exercise routine and increasing my daily physical activity. It’s going well so far (apart from Pilates, where I can’t hear the instructor). I’ve got back into my old routine, and from Monday I’m going to add in the new ‘muscle to failure’ approach Ted Naiman describes in his videos (and sounds similar to JGwen’s routine in the research study she participated in).

I’m also enjoying Wimbledon, so will settle in this afternoon to watch the men’s final. OH is already watching England in the Cricket World Cup final so there may well be a battle for the ‘big telly’ later!
    Jennie xx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

6T – meant to say I really like the sound of your Attentive August xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    A morning spent with our granddaughter so just a quick hello before the tennis starts.
    Good to see more of us posting again.
    6T …. Attentive August …. sounds great!
    Let’s hope we can all be Judicious during the rest of July. I’ve not had the best of starts but we still have more than half the month to go so still plenty to play for.
    Have a good day.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning all!
    My first cauliflower mash is schedule for today along with pomodoro sauce for the burger instead of ketchup and brussel sprouts and bacon tomorrow.

KOKO
    Cat

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Cat take a look at the cauliflower thread there are some lovely ideas for cauliflower mash. A little tip if you don’t mind …. don’t overcook the cauliflower, in fact it’s better if it’s a bit under, otherwise it can get really wet. Enjoy!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Happy sunday! I’m also enjoying the end of my weeks staycation by enjoying the Wimbledon final. Got plenty done this week with gardening and a friend stripping out my third bedroom and decorating it. It will be my studio/Girlcave/craft room!🎨 I can’t wait to have it finished. Off to check out shelving and storage boxes. 7 weeks since I last fell off the bread wagon. I’ve stayed the same the last couple of weeks but will step it up from tomorrow when I go back to work and back to OMAD if I can.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, all.
    Kazzee xx

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone, I have been less than judicious over the past couple of days as I gave in to stress eating. Hoping to get back on track this week and hopefully things will be getting better. My horse transport guy finally got in touch. He is dealing with a family crisis so we still don’t fully know when he will be able to take my horse. It might be Monday but it might not. I am having to learn to embrace the uncertainty! At least he has found me a back up option with another transport company who can take him on Wednesday if Monday doesn’t work. I’m not sure what I will do though as I’m supposed to be at work. Also my house viewings just won’t happen as I won’t have time if I just have to turn around and come straight back, but I guess that just means I’ll have to schedule another trip to view properties and then I can go and visit my horse in his new home! My family was being very pessimistic this week and saying that there is no point in going to view properties if my place hasn’t yet sold, and I guess they are right. I did have a very successful open house on my flat yesterday with 8 couples viewing and some very interested, but have to wait for their places to sell first (we’re all in the same boat seemingly). Hopefully something will come out of those viewings. There was apparently one creepy guy who came to view who wasn’t at all interested in buying and that gave my snarky estate agent the opportunity to let me know how much she put herself out for me by holding an open house and putting herself in danger. It wasn’t even me that suggested the open house, it was her idea!!
    Anyway, I’m currently boiling up some eggs to take with me on the journey that might happen tomorrow. Otherwise, I’ll be in good stead for the week at work. I also have nuts and avocados so that should help keep me on track. Had fresh blueberries with full fat yogurt for breakfast today, and we finally have fresh local cauliflower available and I picked one up yesterday, so I will check out the cauliflower thread for some ideas. Once my horse finally makes it to his new home, I will have more time to cook and to clean up after!

• posted by 7babies
    on

Good Sunday all! Last night with friends… not judicious 😯 BUT I’m ending an 18 hour fast from that with a salad with beans in a few minutes and then I’m off to leave my 11 yo at camp for a week. I have another non-stop week ahead so I will plan meals for next week tonight. It is also supposed to be beastly hot so salads will figure heavily in that menu.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Well done, 7babies, that’s a good amount of fasting! Arcticfox, your life certainly sounds like there’s a lot in flux at the moment so I’m hoping for a smoother week for you x
    Cat, cauliflower mash is my favorite of all vegetables, I just boil chunks of cauliflower until soft (sometimes I add some broccoli which does change the color but adds a little something more to the flavor!), then use my hand blender to smooth it out before adding garlic, a smoky salt and butter and then blending until smooth. I could eat it every day! Side note: I bought purple cauliflower and made it thinking I would have this lovely purple tint but it was more along the lines of grey vomit…
    Jennie, your feet are tiny!! I had a great time buying shoes in Hong Kong one visit because they’re all in small sizes but you would have field day!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

6T – yes, I discovered there was a comedy series of the same name on YouTube when I was searching for more episodes! This is with a Dr Rangan Chatterjee who is just lovely and is using progressive medicine to help people by examining every aspect of their lives. It’s a BBC show so I don’t get it here but those in the UK might depending on where the series is at but I thoroughly recommend and you can watch whole episodes on YouTube

• posted by arcticfox
    on

My Monday and Wednesday horse transport dates fell through today, so now it is Friday that we are planning for. The good news is that 1) it gives me more time to practice things that will help him load better (he was a superstar today – previously he would always back up crooked but by the end of today’s session he was backing up between two barrels like he’s been going straight all his life!) and 2) I now have time to cook!
    I am trying to be a bit more judicious by making cauliflower nachos. I was really feeling like nachos as I was driving home and realized that I had all the ingredients except the actual nacho chips. But then I remembered the cauliflower I bought yesterday and that when I was previously on BSD I made cauliflower nachos and that they were really very nice. So that is what is happening now.
    Kafin, I’m glad you are enjoying Doctor in the House. I have watched many episodes a couple of times now. I also found the comedy series as a result and even watched a couple of episodes from the first season.

• posted by chunkyd
    on

Morning Everyone!
    Hope you are all doing well (really sorry I haven’t been able to keep up to date with everyone’s posts).
    My second week weigh in this morning and pleased to report a 3.5 lb loss, making a total loss so far of 7.5 lbs. So far so good, I feel like I’m getting into the good routines. Hoping to keep up between 2 – 4 lb weekly losses but know that there will be plateaus.
    I managed to resist fresh croissants that were provided at a work meeting this week! Would have gone well with the fresh coffee also provided.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Kafin – well, you have made me chuckle. I was surprised (delighted, but surprised) at your comment about my tiny feet because nobody’s ever told me that before, so I’ve just checked out the UK/US/NZ shoe sizes. So my UK size 5 is equivalent to a US/NZ size 7 – very average! My lovely old Mum, however, did have US/NZ size 5 (UK size 3) shoes and you’re right, her feet were tiny!

arcticfox – Doctor in the House – wow, that’s a blast from the past. I remember being infatuated with one of the doctors/actors in the original BBC comedy series. Thanks for reminding me of the Dr Chatterjeemore shows. I watched a couple a while ago, meant to watch more, but forgot. I’ll definitely go back and search out the others.
    Also, how do you make cauliflower nachos?, is the recipe on the ‘cauliflower’ thread. I’m always looking for things to eat with a bit of a crunch, and I do love cauli!

Hope everyone else is doing well. I’m off to my exercise class in half an hour. I’m going to imagine I’m like a female Roger Federer in the over 50s fitness class!.

Jennie xx
    Edited: chunkyd – that’s great going!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Nothing to do with BSD, but have just been listening to a radio programme about Apollo 11, recreating radio comms from NASA transcripts and an amazing fact was mentioned – the on board computer had less capacity than today’s average washing machine…. I remember being kept up late as a 7 year old to watch the landing! What a feat. Have a good day all! Per arduam ad astra!

• posted by Madmare
    on

I remember that sixturkeys – I was 10!. I too was allowed to stay up and it really fired my imagination. I also remember how it suddenly felt that a whole new world was opening to us and that nothing was impossible. Everything seemed so innocent and hopeful.
    I also remember staring at the moon trying to see where the flag was and marvelling that someone had walked on something so far away.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Just had one of those mad Monday mornings but all is calm now.
    Great to see you again Kazz and well done on resisting bread for seven weeks. My granddaughter left a few fingers of toast yesterday and it would have been just so easy to pop them in my mouth …. but no they went in the bin!
    Arcticfox you are having a messy time but it will pass and everything will sort itself out in the end. It always does.
    Kafin I’m very much a fan of Dr Chatterjeei think he makes a lot of sense. I also like Aseem Malhotra and his Pioppi Diet book which is definitely worth a read.
    Good loss chunkyd. Did you manage to resist the sweet potato? If not we’ll done resisting the croissants. It does get easier as time goes by.
    Hope you enjoyed your class Jennie. The mind boggles at a female over 50 Federer. What a performance yesterday! Did the best man win …. I don’t know ….. but what great entertainment.
    Ahh yes 1969 and man landed on the moon, we think, and a few months later I got married! So yes a big anniversary coming up for me soon and I’m sure a few others are celebrating something similar as well???????
    Anyway, enjoy the rest of the day….. we still have more of the month in front of us, just, than behind us, so let’s make our choices judicious ones!

• posted by alliecat
    on

YES YES YES, Verano! We seem to be in lockstep with important milestones! I’m having a difficult time wrapping my head
    around the concept that I will have been married for half a CENTURY on August 23rd. Do you have any special plans to
    honor this anniversary? My ancient wedding dress still fits, but the wretched bingo arms make it unwearable! I occasionally
    fantasize about having them removed, but the thought of having “drains” there for a month always brings me up short.
    Who am I trying to impress, anyway? I’ll just live with them like truly earned “battle scars”! Essie would, too…..!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Allie, couldn’t you have sleeves added to your wedding dress. – Although if its a traditional white dress with long train, maybe its not that practical to plan to wear it out again. 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Allie I thought so! I no longer have my dress but even if I did it wouldn’t fit! Huge praises for you though. Yes we are having a party much to my dismay. I couldn’t really see much to celebrate but my OH thought it was a must! Invitations ordered, caterer booked, music organised now just have to find something to wear! I have a feeling Theo is also reaching the same milestone.
    Oh dear! Half a century! Doesn’t bear thinking about really!
    What about you? You could always take the sleeves out of the dress. Bet not many people could still fit into their dress after 50 years!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I don’t know if I could have avoided the croissants, Chunkyd and great news on your discard!
    Congratulations, Verano! I hope you will enjoy your party, even if you don’t feel much like it right now – at least you can control the food since it’s your party!! Wendy just introduced me to Aseem Malhotra yesterday when I was confessing my crush on Dr Chatterjee so I will definitely have to check him out.
    And Allie – that’s so great that you can fit into your wedding dress – my Mum;s was dress-up for me when I was younger and now for my nieces although she’s only 5ft1 and tiny so none of us have fitted in it for very long!! I will be raising a toast to the two of you on the Aug 23rd (and I expect a picture of you in your dress in my inbox 💕😁)

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’ll do my best, kafin! The dress will be “vintage” and so will I!

I miss Theo, too, V.! She may be doing even more globe trotting than you 🙂

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Thanks for the support everyone. I’m sure things will get better, it’s just frustrating that what should have been a fairly simple thing has been quite difficult and so delayed. Here’s hoping the new transport company will be reliable. I’ve had a bit better day food wise. I had full fat yogurt and berries with hemp seeds for breakfast and the cauliflower nachos for lunch. I’m not hungry at all, but very tired after all the weekend chaos and craving sugar to keep me going, even though I know I would be too full to eat any even if I had it. I took a sneaky nap under my desk after lunch for about 20min, when I would have previously just made a run to the shops for something to amp me up a bit. I don’t think I will need an evening meal tonight, but we’ll see.
    Jennie, I think I originally got the recipe for the cauliflower nachos from a website, but I’m not sure which one. I just tossed slices of cauliflower in olive oil and some homemade chili powder and roasted them in the oven at quite high temp (400F or 200C) until brown and crispy around the edges. Then added toppings of olives, cheddar cheese and a bit of tomato salsa and back in the oven at 350F or 180C until the cheese was nicely melted. Sometimes I’ll add some refried beans but didn’t feel like the added carbs this time. A tight headed cauliflower works best for the slices. Mine was a bit too loose, but I still got some good slices out of it and then I kept the rest of the more crumbly bits to make cauli rice from later in the week.

Please log in or register to post a reply.