Jubilee Journey

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LindaandHubby
    on

Hi All,
    We’re still here – well I am BUT hubby has been eating all the nuts & has polished off the remaining crackers for cheese & houmous that I thought I’d hidden from him. I can’t get him on the scales either as he’s been having some bad syncopies & no way can he weigh with me also holding him up. That awful, awful scar on his leg (where he took a good 8″ X 3″ layer of skin off) had healed up nicely (well as nice as it was going to get) BUT yesterday he had a huge boil of about 2×3″ come up so I’ve been dressing with Manuka Honey 10+UMF. I have NO idea if he hit it or what? It’s making him feel nauseous & he’s in bed fast asleep so I can get on here. I’m hoping that the Manuka will take off the infection better than triple anti-biotic cream or Inadine. The redness I think has gone down but the boil is still massive. I’ll be keeping a good eye on it as I’m frightened he may come down with sepsis as his immune system is shot.

Weighed yesterday & I’m back down to 11st 9.6lbs. so have lost 3stone since March 6th last year My lowest so far was at the end of September last year when I was 1lb lighter. We came off the strict BSD then (my initial goal was 12stone) although we kept mainly to a mix of Keto & BSD BUT Carbs started crawling in especially over Christmas so I went up to 12st 4lbs max. – NOT too bad BUT I didn’t want to be above 12st. I’m hoping that I can set another point lower again to try & stick to. I would dearly love to be 10st 12lb again or even lower BUT I haven’t been there in about 25years or more & I may look haggard if I get down there. People always told me to put some weight on if I went much under 11stone so I’ll see if ever I get there again. It’s my humungous boobies that I swear are over 1stone – well they were when I weighed them in the lab helped by my best mate Sue when we did overtime on our own, I was probably just under 10stone then BUT my face was, I think, more haggard than it looks now & that was in the mid 70’s. 45years ago, we used the immersion technique too. PMSL You have NO idea how we managed this great feat, I crack up when I think of it. lol Mind you in the mid 70’s we burned the candle at both ends for weeks (make that months) at a time – so no wonder I didn’t look my best.

I want to tell you all about some Sleep Mist that I’ve found OMG it’s WONDERFUL! Makes me relax & calm down almost immediately & I’ve been having the best sleeps in a long, long time. It’s sold by Tesco & is called Calcot Spa Manor, Sleep Peaceful Night Mist. It’s got Ginger, Bergamot & Lavender in it & the best thing of all. It’s just £3 for 200ml. I’ve just ordered another 3 as it went out of stock & I just don’t want to be without it. I’ve used very little so far but believe me it’s well worth a try. Hubby loves the smell too & he seems to get the same effects but he won’t let me put on his pillow because of all his allergies. I’ve also ordered the skin oil to try – that’s got Patchouli scent – love that!

Happy Birthday DCT, I hope you’re having a wonderful time. XXX
    Cathy – keep going, you did this diet years ago & did OK. 1lb loss is great, 2lb even better BUT you know that sometimes you can get stuck through no fault of your own so keep with it & I hope you have a whoosh soon – me too BUT if I don’t I’ll still stick with it as I know it works. XXX
    Yowser – I hope you get down to your Sept 2017 weight too. 6lbs is AMAZING! If anyone can do it, you can. I’m SO glad you’re sticking on the bus & on the forums as every post you make makes me smile. Talk about Positivity – I bet all of us wish we had half of yours. XXX
    SueBlue – well done on losing 4lbs, I think I lost about 2.5lbs BUT I’m fine with that. I have to get rid of a shed-load of clothes too BUT not quite into the right frame of mind at the moment. It’ll come – it’s going to have to & fast as I’ve no room in my wardrobes for clothes that fit me well. I’m going to inundate the charity shops soon & also try selling new unworn clothes on ebay.
    Add – Dawn, how are you getting along now?
    Jennie – good to be with you all – I’m not going to try to overstretch this time. I’m just grateful for whatever I can lose if I stick with it.
    Natalie, Mary & Nokie – stay with us. good to see you on the bus.

Gotta cut this short as hubby has awoken. Just redressed him leg (YUCK!) & now going down to make some soup. For the 1st time I’m going to weigh the soup ingredients just to see approx what we’re having approx in carbs etc. NOT that I’m going to worry about us eating the soup. I made some cupcake sized quiches today in the air fryer & I also made some coconut macaroons – so we’re OK snacking. May go look what else I can bake. Our oven I found out last week has given up the ghost. not used it for 12M+ so not gonna worry about it. As long as the air fryer keeps working we’re OK.
    Onwards & downwards everyone
    Take Care
    Linda XXXX

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi Linda,I haven’t been properly on food plan for a while but I’m hopefully going to have a really good week from today😀So sorry to hear about your poor hubby’s leg, I really hope the honey works.You have done brilliantly losing 3 stone since March last year,I remember reading many of your posts and being impressed at how organised you are with your meals.We are going away on holiday in October and I would love to be at my goal weight quite a way before then,last time I weighed myself I had 29lbs to lose to get there so I really must knuckle down.Dawn X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

DCT – a belated happy birthday! I’ve been reading posts in my emails and compose replies in my head then don’t get around to posting! So I did actually wish you a happy birthday when you posted – how’s your mind reading? 😂

CATHY – well done on your 2lb loss 🙂 I know it’s less than what you wanted or expected but a loss is a loss and they all add up. Scales are not always a reliable way to measure progress, I find I can show a good loss one day then a few days later be up again, even though I’ve stuck to plan.

YOWZER – thanks for the quote, I love it 🙂

DAWN, LINDA, JENNIE and everyone else on the bus, hope you are travelling well 🙂

I’m going ok, had a busy weekend with family visiting and so food and drink was a little off plan. Back into it today though, Bircher with passion fruit for breakfast this morning (recipe from BSD cookbook), a mushroom omelette
    And salad for lunch and then I’m
    going to make some lentil Dahl for dinner, that should last a couple of days for lunches also.
    It’s a lovely sunny autumn day here so I’m planning on going for a walk during my lunch break.
    Have a good week all!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello sue blue and everyone on the 🚌

I am still trying to find my way around the fast 800 site as I paid my £10 but I prefer to carry on on the bus with you all .
    I did so well four years ago and I still have all the notes and recipes
    I have lost 2 pounds now so feeling better about myself did 16000 steps yesterday lovely long walk in the morning by the beach then walked to sainsburys instead of using 🚘!! As a treat my friend an I went to see Downtown abbey she had chocolate 🍫 but I felt very proud of myself I declined 🤣
    So I feel this bus is doing me good 👍 hope you all doing good be in touch soon
    Lynda (Nokie) x🌸

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone.Sorry I didn’t get round to posting yesterday.Was only 1lb lighter than 1st week on Jubilee Journey so just 2lbs down so far but I’m feeling more organised this week and have been food shopping with my mum this morning so no excuses to go off plan really!Will post more later in the week.Dawn X

• posted by Tpink
    on

Hi Guys
    May I join in with you all, you are such a lively bunch.
    I know I’m late to the party bus, but I’ve restarted today, lost 3 st and a bit back in 2016 with BSD and now following fast 800.
    I have about 7 st to loose so in it for the long haul, but am planning to loose 1 of those beasties by the jubilee weekend.
    All planned all ready just need to grit the teeth and ride this party bus swerving around naughty unmentionables.
    That’s just made me smile and think about the wind in the willows video of mr toad doing zoomies around the country side, in a vintage car saying poop poop my boys used to laugh their heads of.
    Also clarinet Cathy’s husband who is getting ordained is that in The New world peace Temple in Malaga.
    I so want to be there, but obstacles 🙋‍♀️

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi kids,another week of crazy adventures aboard our special bus!
    NOKIE welcome back and big welcome to TPINK. You made me laugh about Mr Toad,it’s what I call my ex! Thinking he’s special zooming around in his big car with a big puffed out chest! 😃
    Hang on tight everyone and enjoy the ride! X

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone
    My husband has gone on his retreat- sadly his bags never arrived at Alicante so it’s made me really sad! Apparently he won’t get them until tomorrow and I don’t know what will happen as he is staying in a remote retreat centre. All very upsetting. TPink he has gone to Guhyaloka retreat centre in Spain. Welcome on board the jubilee bus. You’re in great company and we are all very supportive. Beware of the wet lettuces which make an appearance from time to time from Yowser!!!
    I’ve weighed every day since starting which I promised I wouldn’t do but I want to record the ups and downs of my current journey. It’s two off and two on for me but I tell you what, I’m not giving up and I will be photographing myself and trying my jeans on on the first of every month. I am as determined as ever to lose the my excess baggage (a bit like RyanAir) but not quite as successfully!!!

Keep your eyes on the prize guys! 👀 👙 🏖

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi guys
    I know I have posted earlier today but I was just reading your reply’s and I just had to write and say how glad I am on this bus journey with you all I was fed up as I couldn’t have piece choc earlier so had glass of water instead !! Then read the posts and it’s so great as it keeps me going knowing I am not alone I am finding it difficult to stay on track but I honestly think this 🚌 is going to help me so a big thanks to you guys
    Nokie x😊

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone. Good to see you back Linda! Nokie do join in with us whenever it suits, and whatever works best for you. Welcome tpink! Hope you enjoy the journey and move nearer your long term goals.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Including your telepathic ones Sue 😊 (I do similar all the time!) I had a lovely weekend but did rather overindulge so am now firmly strapped into the bus again, awaiting those wet lettuces!! I did have a huge surge of positivity and determination yesterday; not just about my weight goals but various other things too. So I hope I can ride the crest of that wave and report some tangible progress very soon.

Cathy I’m sorry about your husband’s bags! Not the best of starts for him, but I guess these things come to try us, as they say. I hope you settle into a new solo groove quickly, and enjoy your own time at home.

Have a great week lovely people, and keep posting X

on

Hello everyone
    Hope you’re all having a good week. I am sticking rigidly to plan and it’s weigh day tomorrow for me. Was hoping to lose 2lb this week but I don’t think it will be that much. . I’ll post my weight tomorrow. I’ll take 1lb a week if it slowly gets me to goal. It’s warming up in the UK and the thought of tight summer clothes is keeping me on track. I don’t want to be seeing and feeling bulges!! I’ve a fridge full of healthy food and my motivation is strong at the moment. I popped into my local Next yesterday and saw some lovely summer clothes and I’ve decided to treat myself to some new clothes when I get to goal. I’m going to put some money away for every pound I lose and use it to reward myself with new clothes when I reach my target. Another little incentive.
    Ratatouille and halloumi bake again for my evening meal (I love it) and it was yoghurt and rhubarb for breakfast with pecans (delicious). Lunch will be salad and a spinach and feta filo parcel. Am eating well!
    I will look forward to reading about your progress this week. Keep plodding everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi CCATHY! Weigh day tomoz for me too. Good luck! Your food choices sound delicious. I’m stealing yr yog,rhubarb,pecan idea! I like your clothes buying plans too.
    Did yr hubby get his case back in the end?
    Love to all you cool cats on our Juju Journey! Stay strong and remember,
    🌷 Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations xxxxx 🌷

on

Hi Yowser
    I don’t know how or if the case situation was resolved because there is no contact now with my husband until his return in July. It’s very difficult. I assume he got it sorted. Anyway, he will come back as a new man and he will hopefully come back to a new woman! That’s the plan.

Good luck tomorrow for our weigh ins!!!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Yowzer – that’s great news about the 6lb loss so far. Woo-hoo! Look forward to hearing how this week has gone tomorrow. By the way I’ve been meaning to tell you I’ve been de-cluttering for ages and recently started doing your ‘9 things’ thing. Even my husband, who has resisted me every step of the way, seems to be happy with things going if it’s ‘one of your 9’ for the day. Yeah, happy days.

DCT – belated happy birthday for Saturday. As a child/young teen of the 60s, I’m very fond of a bit of hippy music myself. The sun’s still out here so I’m going to Youtube some hippy favourites – flowers for your hair anyone! A huge surge of positivity and determination sounds just the job right now. Make space please, I’m going to sit next to you.

SueBlue – yes, I’m another one who reads posts and responds but just not on the computer! Lentils are one of my favourite foods ever. I don’t eat them anymore because of my diabetes but, gosh, that lentil dahl sounds delicious. Hmmm

Linda – I’m so sorry to hear about your husband’s leg. It sounds really unpleasant for him and for you. Really hope that honey is helping.
    But, Linda, now for the not quite so serious stuff. What were you and your friend doing in that lab in the ‘70s – and why?!? It’s kept me chuckling for a few days now. And all that on overtime! Wished I’d been a fly on the wall. Only 1lb to go to get back to your lightest weight – brilliant. Well done that woman!

Nokie – I’m so pleased you’re staying on the bus! You can always do both can’t you. Well done on resisting that piece of chocolate. That’s hard especially when you’re sat right next to her. Whenever I’m going out, and tempted like that, I try to have a low carb treat waiting at home, (or promise to make myself one – one I really like – when I get home). When I get home, sometimes I have it and sometimes I don’t, but the thought of it really helps me through that moment of temptation. Sounds like you’re doing well this week. 2lb off and those 16,000 steps are great going – and walking next to the beach sounds lovely. By the way I like your little pictures (emojis??).

Hi Tpink (great name) – nice to be journeying along with you. Yes, there’s quite a few of us who’ve been here before so you’re in good, and friendly, company. Hope you’re doing well this week.

Cathy – I was just wondering about your husband’s bags and whether you’d be able to speak to him. Reading your post reminded me of when I went on a weeks’ religious (Catholic) retreat when I was in 6th form (many, many years ago!). I went in kicking and screaming and yet that experience of silence and peace has stayed with me all my life.
    Anyway, I digress. New woman by the time he returns it is then. We’ll accept nothing less!

Well, I’ve done pretty good this week. I’ve been much more disciplined and walked and counted steps every day (although not got to 16000 yet!) I’ve decided Friday’s going to be my report-in day too so will report properly tomorrow.

Dawn, Natalie, Mary, Mariet – hope you’re all going well this week too.

Jennie xx

on

Hello everyone

Just a quick post before I set off to work. My total weight loss for this week is 1.4 lb. I’ve lost a total of 3.4 lb in the last fortnight and now I am 16.6 lb to goal. Seems a long way off but I’ll keep chipping away slowly. My aim for week 3 is to get to lose 1.5 lb. I don’t think it is realistic for me to be able to lose more than 1.5 lb per week and to be honest that is a good weight loss to achieve every week and I know it can’t happen for me every week. I am happy with today’s result.

I hope those of you who are weighing today see the scales have gone down or the inches have melted away.
    I’ll read your news tonight when I get home from work.
    This jubilee bus is slowly getting lighter week by week.

on

I made a mistake- I lost 2.4 lb this week! Just looked back at my figures. Wooo hooo!

on

Cathy that’s great, well done! You are well on the way to your goal -4.4lb lost which is getting on for 25% if my maths serves me well?! I’ve maintained my 3lb journey loss so far, which is pretty miraculous given my very off piste birthday weekend 🙀 I’m hoping for 2lb off a week for the rest of the journey. We have 4 weeks left so fingers crossed 🤞

Wowzer Yowzer 6lb! That’s amazing. Very well done. No wet lettuces for you 😃

How’s your week gone Nokie? Well done resisting the chocolate earlier in the week, and hope you’ve managed to stay on track since then? If not, remember that every day is a new day: draw a line under yesterday and move on 😀

Jennie, lovely to hear from you and hope your Friday check in goes well. I read a great post on another fitness blog about sneaky ways to incorporate more steps into your day. Will share the link if I can find it.

Have to get back to work now so a big hello to everyone else too, and hope all is going well. Have a wonderful weekend XXX

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello all you lovely people on the bus 🚎

Glad you all seem to be doing well I am ok thanks for asking but disappointed as have not lost this week
    I would like to ask a question are you all sticking to the plan like sugar free but 800? I keep trying to do all the recipes and to ge honest it’s getting to much but if I do my meals I am never quite sure how to work it all out that’s why I rejoined the 800 but. I found that too daunting!! Perhaps it’s just me I will keep plodding on
    Have a good weekend everyone enjoy the 🌞
    Love Nokie xx❤️

on

Hi Nokie

I aim for 800 calories a day but am happy if I get up to around 1000, especially if I’m doing lots of exercise. But weirdly I do find that I lose more weight when I use recipes from the Michael Mosley books. Any of them – BSD, 5:2, Fast 800, Clever Guts. No idea why! And I know that there has been some previous discussion on these forums about how accurate the carbs/cals count is on some of the recipes. But for some reason they really work for me. I reckon they have magic powers 🙀

But yes, I agree, you don’t always have the time and energy to be trying different recipes all the time, so I guess the thing is to find a few that work for you and rotate them round, perhaps even batch cook. SueBlue is amazing at meal preparation and planning so check her posts on this too! I also tend to have a few easy meals that I use regularly – things like fish and green veg – and have checked (as best I can) the ingredients on an app – I use my FitBit but there are loads of different ones around. And others have used shakes as occasional meal substitutes – I know Yowzer has previously had positive results from this.

It’s all trial and error really, and maybe using combination of all the above things is the best way forward. And I think eating has to be fun and tasty, particularly when you are counting carbs and cals. I know on the days I’m being really strict, and feeling a bit empty mid afternoon, I really look forward to my dinner! And it doesn’t have to be anything naughty or huge, just the fact there is some nice food coming my way cheers me up!

Good luck! And I look forward to hearing about another loss for you soon X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ding ding! Hi all! Weighed in this morning,lost 3 1/4 lb ..so I’ve lost just under 10 lb since the JJ began..but I feel enormous the last few days when I look in the mirror..I think I’m best not looking too closely for now 🤨 it’s not even like I have any TOTM days any longer to make me look bloated…I’m excited tho,to keep going!
    Hiii JENNIE well done on decluttering,you’ve inspired me to do another,started yesterday,9 things for 9 days x
    CCATHY oh isnt it a lovely feeling when you realise you’ve lost more than you first thought 🎶🎶🎶
    I think it’s fab to be not much more than a stone from goal,I wish I was,but I understand how frustrating getting that last stone off can feel. Keep chipping away and you’ll get there x You Can Do It! 👏👏
    NOKIE I agree with DCT it’s finding what works for you thru trial and error. I must confess,I’ve never used one of MM’s recipes. I’m no cook,or too lazy to be one! I stick to very plain things that I can easily log ( I use My NetDiary which is very simple to use) MM recently said in his latest book,have as much salad/ greens as you want without counting carbs,think it’s on about page 73. Which helps a lot with filling you up yet keep carb count down!
    For example 2 eggs scrambled with butter and steamed greens or salad. Or I have a couple of veggy sausages with broccoli..sprinkle a few flaked almonds on top of broc to make you feel fancy 😄😄
    Steamed cabbage with butter and black pepper is lovely.
    Once you’ve logged your meals,snacks on NetDiary,they’re there for good,so it’s quick and easy to record them each day.
    I sometimes have a Huel protein shake for a meal,they do a Huel black version,which is lower carb,in a variety of flavours. The low carb version you have to mix yrself with water but it takes seconds and if you do it a few hours or overnight in advance it thickens up nicely. Very little prep,Less washing up as well,plus quite filling and satisfying.
    The Ready toDrink ones are like a thick creamy milkshake but higher carbs.
    Desserts are usually Greek yog with a few berries on top, or if you add crushed nuts it can be quite like a Cornetto.
    CCATHY mentioned greek yog with rhubarb and pecans which I’m eager to try..who needs high cal and carb desserts! ( though I wd kill for some apple pie and custard!)Or I have a 10 cal jelly.
    Waitrose ( only supermarket I’ve seen it in ) do a low carb loaf called LivLife,which is nice and seedy,so I always have some in the freezer for when I really want a toast breakfast. You can even have a big English brekky…eggs,bacon,etc.
    sometimes I’m not hungry but my mouth wants something 😄 so I keep some sugar free gum and sugar free sweets in the cupboard.
    Love to all..like CCATHY said,this bus is getting faster and faster as it gets lighter and lighter! Be kind to yourselves and remember
    Always wear your invisible crown! 👸🤴🫅🧝‍♀️XXX

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi yowzer49😉
    Thankyou so much for your last post that helps a lot!!
    You are all so great at helping I love being on this bus 🚌 it’s just going to take a bit of time but I will get there
    Going to try some batch cooking this weekend I have just done a spaghetti bog from the sugar boom and half I made a 🌶 chilli u will have cauliflower 🍚 rice instead of ord brown rice
    Have a good weekend everyone
    Be in touch soon
    Nokie x❤️

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello everyone, just checking in. I’ve had a small loss this week, 400g which is just under a lb. I’m happy with this though for a couple of reasons -,one is that I wasn’t expecting a loss as I’d been REALLY hungry this week and had a couple of days where I seemed to eat everything in sight! The other is that this loss means I’ve finally reached my 2021 goal of 88kg! Almost 5 months later than planned, but I got there!
    I had a specialist appointment at the hospital yesterday and had to write my weight on the form, I’ve had to do this for many years., last year when I was using the weight loss track in my meditation app I used to visualise writing 88 on the very same form, so it was weird to actually be doing it after visualising it so many times 🙂
    So now onto the next 8kg…. chipping away, even a few hundred grams makes a difference and brings me closer to goal.

CATHY & YOWZER – well done on your losses! Perseverance definitely pays off 🙂

NOKIE – with meals I try to keep it simple. Most of the recipes in MM’s books are straightforward, I also make my own favourites like bolognaise & chilli as you have done. Steamed shredded cabbage makes a good rice/pasta alternative. I love bolognaise sauce on top of broccoli florets too. The more you can fill your plate with veg the better!

Cathy – your mention of the ratatouille and Haloumi bake reminded me that I haven’t made that for ages, might have for tea tonight.

Hope everyone else is doing well. My battery is almost flat so I’ll leave this here before I lose the post!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Cathy – 2.4lb – Woo-hoo! What a great thing – finding you’ve lost more than you thought. A good week, well used. Hurrah!
    DCT – Negotiating – and enjoying! – your birthday celebrations and still maintaining is another win to me. Well done that woman. Like the maths. I find those ways of looking at things really helpful and yes please, that link would be great if you could find it (but no worries if you can’t.)
    Yowzer – you’re really on a roll – Just under – well let’s just call it a straight ten because it soon will be – 10lbs. That’s fantastic! 9 x 9 sounds fun. I’ll start from tomorrow.
    Nokia – I started with the meals in the back of the original BSD book for the first 2 weeks. I liked them but I kept having leftovers which then needed eating so I was never able to keep to the menu plan. So, I did the same as Yowzer, (I’m also no cook) made my own meals and kept them simple so I could log them easily. I used fatsecret uk to log what I ate which then gave me my daily carbs, cals etc. I stuck to 800 cals mostly, but if I was really hungry I’d eat something like a bit of yoghurt to keep me on track.
    You’ve got this Nokie, you’ve been successful doing this before and you will be this time. Take care. xx.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

SueBlue – just a quick Hi as I’ve just seen your post. Enjoy you day. I’m off to sleep xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUEBLUE! 88! that’s great 👏👏👏👏 sooooo well done. Combo of visualisation and putting in the work to reach your goal …Bravo! 🥳 Here’s to the next 8 kg 🥂xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Well done everyone on your losses! I haven’t weighed myself yet.
    I have a very challenging week coming up. Mothers’ Day tomorrow (Australia) with the whole family and my 20 year wedding anniversary later in the week. Also we are soon to go away for a few days – my daughter is in the State acrobatic gymnastics team and we’re going to Nationals in Queensland! (She is wonderful but I don’t want to mislead anyone, it’s not quite Olympic level competition – yet! Going up through the grades every year.) Any ideas for hurried early morning breakfasts in a hotel room? I plan to do a quick shop when we get there and I assume a small fridge toaster and microwave available, but then it will be days spent at a sporting venue with very limited food choices and no real ability to pre-prepare food to take. And sitting still all day at the indoor venue. I guess I can walk up and down the steep stairs between events?! Dinners at restaurants where I will at least have plenty of choice, but restaurants aren’t known for healthy low-cal meals! Finally to finish the week our annual Eurovision finale watching party.
    So I guess I’m hopping off the bus for a little stopover, I’ll have to run very fast to catch up! Maybe I can parachute 🪂 down from the ✈️ .

• posted by Jennie10
    on

SueBlue – just jumping on to say big congratulations on reaching that 88kg goal (just looked it up in Sts & lbs) – sorry I was too sleepy to notice it on Friday night. Hurrah!!
    Natalie – hope you are enjoying Mothers day.
    Jennie xx

• posted by Tpink
    on

Hi all
    You are all doing so well and are very inspirational for which I’m very grateful.
    Well my first week back in the plan has gone very well, weigh in tomorrow have been weighing daily not a good idea I know but it starts the day with great focus for me.
    Having chilli beans this eve from fast 800 book looks luscious. I was very interested but someone said Michael Mosley said not to count salad and veg when I add up the c calories from these items they add up very often to hundred calories and 20 carbohydrates so a bit reluctant to not count them, Yowser I remember you from before and I believe you had a lot to lose the same as I have.
    So I currently want to lose all together another 6 1/2 stone hopefully get it all done by Christmas yay very determined this time to keep the successful weight off permanently.
    Hope you all continue to do really well.
    🤗

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hello everyone, I have decided to put off weighing until next week as don’t think I will like what the scales would show today!so many of you are doing brilliantly well on our Jubilee Journey,congratulations to you all🎉🎉🎉🎉 I will hopefully have a decent loss to report next Monday🤞Dawn X

• posted by Tpink
    on

Hi all you lovely’s on this bus.
    Delighted to say my first week loss back on this plan is 6.1/4lb feeling great mind clear, no aching joints or tiredness woo hoo.
    Fav recipe this week the spicy bean chilli in fast 800 recipe book, so easy to make and made four nice portions 3 for the freezer yay, and occasional treat feta cheese with gherkins, a square of Lindt dark choc with sea salt, has been a lovely nightly treat, and just bril are loads of crunchy beansprouts in a lovely stir fry with loads of soya sauce.
    I’m looking forward to cooking the ratatouille and halloumi bake if I can hunt down a aubergine can’t seem to get one at the mo.
    What’s everyone’s fav recipe, keep up the great work every one
    Here’s I lots of losses
    🤗

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done T pink, what fantastic results 🙂

My favourite recipe from the Fast 800 recipe book is Beef Rendang, although o be honest nearly everything I’ve tried from the book I’ve enjoyed.

If you can’t source some Aubergine (eggplants as they are known here), then you could substitute zucchini instead (courgettes), as there is a very similar recipe in one of MMs books that uses zucchini. Or even a mix of zucchini and roasted red capsicum (pepper) would work I too think.

I’ll weigh in on Friday but the week is off to a fairly good start. I made some soups on the weekend – Roast capsicum and pumpkin and also creamy mushroom soup, which I had for lunch today. I thought I could alternate them. It’s autumn here now so definitely soup weather 🙂

on

Hi Tpink! That’s amazing! Very well done 👏👏👏 And as you say, not just the scales but you’re already feeling other benefits too. Great news, and very inspiring. I do need to get back to the recipes in the book . . . as I said on another post, they really seem to work for me but – despite that – I tend to get a bit lazy about food shopping and preparation and just stick to other basic things that I can do without thinking. So I need to have another trawl through and broaden. my repertoire!

Great to hear good news from others too! Sue I’m so happy you made your goal! Onwards and downwards 🤤And Yowzer you’re on a roll. Amazing progress 🙌This bus is going to be flying soon! Btw I played another of the three Magic Bus CDs in the garden at the weekend. It was ok, but am particularly looking forward to Disc 3 as it has a lot of really good stuff on it.

Jennie my steps have tailed off a bit over the last few days as I finally finished my virtual fitness challenge (Route 66!) so took it a bit easy. But have now started another one – The North Coast 500 – so I’m hoping to get out with the dog for a bit of a trek this morning! The link to that article I mentioned is https://www.burnthefatblog.com/how-to-get-10000-steps-a-day/
    It goes a bit salesy towards the end, so just ignore that! But the actual content is really helpful.

Have a great week everyone! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Very well done TPINK! 👏👏it was me who quoted MM..I think he meant just green stuff ..as much watercress,lettuce,cuc,broc etc,as you want,not root veg obvs. Ooh bean sprouts,you’ve reminded me haven’t had them for ages..they’re so lovely and crunchy! 😋
    DCT well done on your steps! Route 66,that’s a really long way going by the places named in the song 🎵 🎶 ! Good luck with the next virtual challenge 👍xx
    Lovely quote…
    ☆Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life☆. (Rumi)

on

Hello passengers
    Good to read your news and great to see some good losses and goals reached. Well done to you for sticking to things and getting there. TPink I always use courgettes when I make the halloumi bake, I prefer them to aubergines and it’s always delicious.
    I’ve been weighing daily as part of my plan to see the trend. I am up and down each day over the course of a week but I hope to be down at least a pound every Friday. I am aiming to be in the 149s on Friday but it’s going to be a big ask. I so want to be rid of the 150s forever!
    Waiting patiently for my plumber to arrive today to replace my dripping kitchen tap!!! Why are plumbers so unreliable?
    Am finding it a little lonely without being able to contact my husband but I’m proud of myself because I’ve booked a weekend away on my own at the end of June: it might feel lonely but it will be an adventure! Being on my own is giving me the drive to achieve my weight loss even more so that when he comes home in July he will see the “new me”!
    I went for a walk on Sunday and did 9000 steps and was so proud of my achievement- it was a hilly walk too and so thankfully there were benches for me to have a rest. Good luck to you DCT for your new walking challenge.
    So, a couple of days hard work for me to try and get the scales to move down into the 149’s. I’ll post my weight on Friday morning. Have a good day everyone and thank you Yowser for posting the inspiring quotes- they really do help me.

on

Forgot to mention- my plan is to weigh 140 lbs on 19th July when my husband returns and then I’ll aim to lose 7lb more before 4th September when I go to Turkey. Well that’s the plan!! Let’s see what happens!!

on

Hi everyone how is your week going so far? Natalie, I’ve just been watching the second Eurovision semi final and it reminded me of your busy week, culminating in your Eurovision party. Hope everything’s gone smoothly on your travels and that you’ve managed to find some decent food options?

I’ve had a hectic week. Eaten out twice already with two more to come, including a spa overnighter with family tomorrow. Just about managing to maintain but not seeing any more losses. Hopefully next week 🤞And I really do mean that, as I had a major clothes sort out today to get rid of a lot of clutter. But the horrible thing is that a lot of my really nice things, many of which are newer things, just don’t fit at the moment. So I’m back to that in-between “nothing to wear” stage. All my own doing . . . I just need to undo it 🙀

Cathy how are you doing? I think this time on your own will be significant for you in a positive way. Not just in terms of having the freedom to plan your own meals etc, but also having time to reflect and regroup after what has been a very difficult time. It’s great you’re going away for a weekend too. I do think your husband will come back to a new woman 😉 Hope you got the plumbing sorted? I had a plumber here last week to fix one problem but he had to come back again today as the fix he did triggered another problem altogether. I wish I knew more about things like that . . . it’s like he’s speaking a different language!

Anyway, hope everyone is ok and that the week has gone well. We still have 3 weeks to go which is great. Even though no further loss for me this week, I’m still hoping for at least 3-4lb for the remainder of the journey. Move that bus!!!!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone, my week is going better than last week, even though I was out for a meal on Wednesday for the first time in a while (for a friend’s birthday)and overindulged, I have eaten more healthily on other days.It’s my birthday today and my Mum and I are going out to a tea room, I won’t go too mad but I haven’t completed a food plan for today and will just eat what I fancy.I knew this week was coming up with two birthdays in it and wonder if subconsciously that’s been holding me back a bit(even though in other years I’ve managed to not go off track too much at this time of year I find it harder these days) I mainly ordered clothes for my birthday, assuming they would ‘fit nicely’ by now but, like you DCT, I’m sort of at that ‘nothing to wear’ stage (athough I haven’t really got rid of any too big to wear stuff, my problem is just that I haven’t progressed much at all again this year in my weight loss journey! ) Anyway, I hope you all have a good day/evening.Stange fact, my sister and I were both born on Friday 13th, even though we aren’t twins, spooky😱 Dawn X

on

Happy birthday Dawn! Hope you have a lovely day. How weird about your sister being born on the same day/date as you in different years.

I always think birthdays are a great time to reboot whatever it is you’re wanting to do. A bit like personalised New Year resolution time! So. enjoy your tea room visit today, but then give it all you’ve got for the rest of the journey. I’m a bit in the same boat, eating out tonight and tomorrow but then I really want to make the next three weeks count. Good news is that the summer jeans that wouldn’t zip up a couple of weeks ago now do: in fact I’m wearing them today. Ok I have to breathe in a bit more than usual 😉 And I’ve not been taking measurements, particle because I forget but also when I look in the mirror I think I’ve got bigger so kind of daren’t! But at least that’s a positive step in the right direction.

Off to a local hotel/spa in a minute. It’s a belated birthday pressie for my step daughter and a belated engagement celebration for my own daughter. And seeing it was my birthday recently I’ll jump on the party bandwagon too. But firmly back on the bus by Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HAPPY BIRTHDY DAWN! 🎶😋🥳🎵💜 have a fabulous day and weekend xxx
    Just a quicky from me for now..DD is due home any minute from business trip…just wanted to say HB Dawn,and report Friday weigh in..lost 1 3/4 lbs this week,total of 11 lb down this challenge I think…good luck all Friday weighers!
    Be back later xx

• posted by Nokie
    on

Happy birthday Dawn 👍❤️🎂
    Have a lovely day
    Hello all sorry I have not replied this week I have had family issues 🫤so although I have read your great posts I have been in a bad place and fell off the bus
    I am climbing back on after weekend got my 🎟 ticket
    Have a good weekend all keep up the posts
    Nokie xx❤️

on

Happy birthday Dawn. Hope you’re having a lovely day.

Well done to everyone who has lost weight this week – Yowser you’re doing great this challenge!

Nokie – glad to see you’ll be back with us after the weekend and I hope you’re ok.

DCT- enjoy your spa weekend and good that those jeans zipped up! It’s awful when jeans that once fitted great have to be squeezed into. I’m excited to try my two pairs of test jeans on at the beginning of June.

I weighed yesterday and I weighed 149 lb and today I am back up to 150! I have lost 1lb this week which is good but I hoped I would have stayed at 149 and that would have been 2lb off this week! My goal for next week is to get to 148 lb so I am going to work hard to lose 2lb. My weight loss is sooooooo slowwwwwww! I have been so good! My weight loss so far is 5.5 lb this journey. I’m very pleased with that!!!!
    Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh DCT the joy of sthing that fastens,zips or buttons up when previously it didn’t!💕💕HEAVEN!
    NOKIE Hope family problems have resolved or will do soon 💜
    Good luck with your goal this week CCATHY! 💚 and well done booking that solo break away. I know it’s hard when you have no contact just now with your other half but you’re turning it into a little experience of your own! Here’s a quote specially for you..
    “Her spirit was as brave as the brightest star in the sky!” ( author not known) XX
    Keep going bus people and have a good week!
    ~ Peace.L💜ve.Good Health.Happi💕ness. ~

on

Yowser thank you for the lovely quote- it actually brought a tear to my eye. So kind and thoughtful of you. I have felt very disappointed and let down by my so called friends who know I am on my own and haven’t even sent a text to see if I am ok. I do feel like I have a brave spirit and I’ve not had an easy time over the last few years so the quote resonated with me and made me feel proud of myself. Ive had a lot of time to reflect just recently and I’ve decided that life can potentially be quite lonely and once again I’ve had to lower my expectations of others – a recurring theme in my life. This groups of forum friends has been a lifeline to me so many times so thank you everyone. Glad to be working with a nice group of colleagues and I’ve got an amazing rescue cat who sits on my lap every time I sit down!!! Can’t complain about that!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Sending hugs CC! Sometimes people are so wrapped up in their own concerns that they forget to think of others.
    Which can be such a disappointment when you would really appreciate a bit of support the most.
    I’m glad you’re feeling proud of yourself …It’s really plucky to plan a solo trip when you’re usually part of a couple but I bet you won’t regret it..like you said,it will be an adventure and that’s the way to look at it,it’s so good to try something totally new..Will make you even stronger!
    This Bumper Bus Ride,with all its ups and downs,I think we all feel a sense of belonging and being accepted,being amongst friends …So a big cheer to us..hip hip HURRAY and a massive Group Hug! XXX

• posted by Natalie
    on

Congrats to everyone who is still here! I’m going to gloss over what I ate for the last week, I’m back on the bus today busy showing everyone photos of my daughter on the podium with a bronze medal! On a less triumphant note though, eating off-plan all week left me feeling tired and bloated, and last night I tested my blood sugar after eating Eurovision snacks (I have been pre-diabetic since gestational diabetes with my second pregnancy, and test occasionally) and it was 12.1 which is in the diabetic range! I am seriously damaging my body with my lifestyle. It has to stop. And I need to stop thinking of my body as a vehicle that “I” am riding around in. My body is me, not a separate entity.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hello again everyone and thank you all for your birthday wishes😀Unfortunately my birthday off plan day turned into an off plan weekend,not surprising really the way I’ve been feeling recently,and the scales show a gain this morning 😱.I feel much more focused now though and am looking at this Jubilee Journey as the springboard to the next bus trip (whatever that may be called! (Joyous June,jubilant July, Sizzling for Summer 😂 ) ) so if I really stick in I feel half a stone already off would be a good starting point🤞.DCT I hope you enjoyed the spa, Natalie congratulations to your daughter on the bronze medal🎉 Nokie I hope you are ok and sitting firmly in your bus seat with us this morning,Yowzer and Cathy, well done on your losses so far.All of you on this bus help me so much, even when I’m having a week where I’m really not sticking to this woe I know I will always get back to it after catching up with all of your posts so thank you again. Dawn X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Good morning all on the bus
    Hope you are all ok glad you had good bday Dawn. 🎂
    I am ok thanks everyone you are keeping me going I feel so down at the moment I started taking statins for my cholesterol the doctor subscribed last week I have to go back next Monday as I might have to take anti depressants because I feel like I do 🥲
    I want to stay on this bus and try and focus on my weight so I will keep popping in and see how you are all doing
    Have a good week everyone
    Lv nokie x

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Nokie – really sorry to hear about how things are going for you at the moment. It’s good that you know what you need though, and that you’re taking action; that’s a strong thing to do when you’re feeling so low. I’m glad you’re staying on the bus.Take care xx

DCT – thanks so much for the link to the Burn the Fat blog. I found the tips on ways to increase my steps really helpful. Ironically last Tuesday when you posted the link, I sprained my ankle on a day trip to North Yorkshire, but will be using them soon and will report back. Congratulations on Route 66 and hope you’ve had a lovely spa weekend.

Yowzer – 11lb down on this journey so far is great going. Well done that woman! And what a great quote about the brightest star.

and Cathy, what a great thing to be able to say about yourself ‘I have a brave spirit’. Like Yowzer, I think it’s great that you’re going to have your own adventure. Isn’t it irritating when scales do that; hopefully that fluctuating lb will show up at this week’s weigh-in!

Natalie – what a fantastic thing for your daughter, Jasmine, to get a bronze medal and be third best in Australia at that level. That really is huge. You must be so proud! Congratulations to you – and Jasmine! I used to watch my niece in gymnastics competitions – nothing like the same level, but always lovely to watch. Also, I love the last thing you posted ‘I need to stop thinking of my body as a vehicle that “I” am riding around in. My body is me, not a separate entity’. I need to switch that thinking too.

Dawn – belated happy birthday wishes for Friday. Isn’t that funny about you and your sister’s birth dates. It was also my brother’s birthday, (he was born on Friday 13th, so a happy date for our family too). Good to hear how focused you are today. I feel like you in relation to where I’ve been so far and needing to focus. Here’s to a great week for both of us.

SueBlue – hope the week goes well –my cooking skills aren’t the best but I’ve heard that Beef Rendang recipe mentioned a few times so I’m going to get the ingredients and make that dish!

TPink – that’s a great result, both the 6.4 lbs weight loss and the feeling so great. I didn’t really follow the recipes in the BSD or recipe book (did the first week of meals twice) but I’m planning to go back and try them and will let you know which are my favourites. Hope this last week has been good too.

Running out of time now so will post my progress tomorrow. Have a good week everyone.
    Jennie xx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone – just a quick update on progress from me. My HbA1c is consistently good (34 – 36). My weight is still OK (9st 3lb this morning). However, my weight does go up and down very easily. I lost 6st initially, put over 2st back on in 2018, lost it, then put 10lb back on during first lockdown, 7lb in the second etc. One of the things that really helped me during the stable weight periods was the new lifestyle habits I developed. Trying out new foodstuff and going from doing nothing to daily exercise-doer and gym goer. I genuinely enjoyed it. But if I’m honest I’ve really reverted back to pre-2016 slowly over the last couple of years in relation to exercise and recently, even hitting my steps targets has been a chore. So, for the rest of this journey I’m just giving myself the challenge of going out for a walk once a day – long or short – with the aim of doing something more challenging after the Jubilee. (DCT, I will use some of those tips you sent). I’m determined to get back to that fitter me!

On a positive note, I have been doing well with trying out more, different, low-carb recipes instead of the same old same old. I’ve tried some of the diet doctor recipes (I find some a bit rich) and am planning to start on more out of the BSD book once I get back from holiday (away next week).

Hope everyone else is going great this week – still only Wednesday (well here it is). Everything still to play for
    Jennie xx
    Hey maybe we should try a walking bus for our next trip!

on

Hi everyone

Jennie it sounds like things are going well. I was amazed to read you’d lost 6 stone initially! That’s incredible, particularly seeing as you have pretty much maintained your low weight since then. Well done 👏

Nokie how are you doing? I’m so glad you are on the journey with us. We’re all at different stages of life and weight loss, and all have different challenges to face. I hope we can be of some support to you at this time. Btw I’m on statins too; doctor recommended them a couple of years ago as I have high cholesterol due to family history. I wasn’t sure and was a bit worried, but so far no problems with them and my cholesterol has come down into a healthy range.

How is everyone else doing?

I’m about to head north to see my mother for a few days. It’s a very busy time all round. There will be visitors already here when I get back, and I’m then going back to my old school to help with the GCSE exams. Thank goodness our bus journey ends during half term (in England anyway). I’m plodding on; lost 1lb this week so far but weirdly the summer jeans I wore for the spa weekend – and even played tennis in – felt tight when I wore them last night. Even had to sneakily undo the button in the car on the way home as it was digging into me. So goodness knows what’s going on . . . . . 🙀

Please log in or register to post a reply.