Jubilee Journey

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hello and welcome! This thread is an 8-week Fast 800 journey up to the first weekend in June – Saturday 4th/Sunday 5th. In the UK the Platinum Jubilee will be celebrated that weekend, but even if you are not involved in that at all, we think it’s a great target for losing some weight. Please do join us!

The “us” refers to a friendly group who have been on various journeys together over the months and years, the most recent being 100 Day Journey to Easter. Whatever your weight, health or fitness goals we will do our very best to support you in achieving those. And have a bit of fun along the way of course 😀

I look forward to travelling with you over the next 8 weeks, and hope that by the end we all have something special to celebrate! X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Thanks for setting this thread up DCT! I’m looking forward to spending another 8 weeks with my friends as I head towards my goal weight.
    If I knuckle down and stick to plan then I’ll be able to get a bit closer – I’ll weigh myself on Tuesday and post my goals then. At this stage though it’s looking like perfect timing for me as no planned events or holidays, the only occasion I can think of in that time is Mother’s Day and that’s only one day.
    Even Easter is not too much of a disruption for me as I’m not a big chocolate eater, and we’re not having any family get togethers due to Covid.
    See you on Tuesday!

• posted by LindaandHubby
    on

Thanks for setting the new thread up DCT.

Hope everyone has had a lovely Easter. I’ll probably join in properly in a few days as I forgot to weigh today. Weight loss for both of us has slowed down to a crawl BUT I’m happy if I can stay under 12 stone so all my new clothes fit. (Except for those 2 jackets that I bought off ebay that I’m not sure I’ll ever get into – searching for bigger ones with no luck 🙁 )

We ate the last of our hot cross buns yesterday – hubby had been craving for some since last Easter so it was only fair that we bought some. Delicious they were too. I have NO idea what hubby wants to eat until he finally decides what it is he wants. So far he’s just said soup, which I suppose I’d better start making pretty quickly. I have a shed-load of broccoli, cauli, spinach etc. in the fridge – they sent us all big ones for a change so I’ll make 3-4 litres. We both thoroughly enjoy it as I also put in a parsnip (yea I know!) & some cream cheese. We always have far more than our 5 a day just with veggies as our soup mugs hold about 600ml. I’ll probably make a curry for later unless he wants a roast dinner? Who knows – just him, eventually!?? Better get a move on smartish.

Catch you all laters, Take care all. Linda xxxx

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello all
    I am new here and would like to join your group for jubilee up to June !! I have done sugar fast diet before but unfortunately put it back on again 😢 today is my birthday 🎂 so I am going out to lunch then back on wagon tomorrow
    Good luck all I have about 1 and half stone yo loose
    Happy Easter 🐣 Nokie

on

Welcome Nokie, and Happy Birthday!

There are several of us on here who are in a similar position to you, ie have done this before but let the weight creep back on again. So you’ll be in good company 😀

I’m starting in earnest tomorrow too, and have around a stone to lose. I’d like to make a significant dent in it before my birthday at the end of the month, so we can travel together!

Have a great day X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone and thank you DCT for setting up this new thread.Cathy, like you, my 100 day journey didn’t go to plan, I have weighed myself today and have put 2lbs back on so overall my loss was 6lbs.Yowzer I had a lovely two days thanks, ate too much though.I am hopping on the bus today as feel so bloated etc that I have no wish to eat off plan so thought I may as well start my Jubilee Journey now.Well done to anyone who managed to lose anything at all on our Easter countdown,or to maintain even. I would love to get to the stage I reached a few years ago when I first tried this way of eating and all of my cravings for sugary foods disappeared.It’s hard to remember what that felt like.I wish everyone well on this Journey, I think it’s just under seven weeks long and I think that’s the length of time it took me to lose 18 pounds first time round.If I managed that this time it would get me down to 10 stone 8lbs, much nearer my goal of 9 stone 12lbs(It’s countless years since I was at that weight so I honestly have no idea if, when I get there, I would like to lose more or be happy there) This forum is still a massive help to me and I probably wouldn’t have lost even 6lbs over the last 100 days without all of your help so thank you.Yowzer, wet lettuces at the ready please, here I go………….🚌 Dawn X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

PS. Welcome Nokie, Happy Birthday😀 Dawn X

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’m ready to jump on the Jubilee bus! I’m going to sit right up the front so I can see the view unfolding. My starting weight is 85.1 kg and my first goal is to get below 80. I’ve been eating way too many carbs lately so I know that I’ll be peeing all day as my body gets rid off the water clinging to those extra carbs now that I no longer want them. I have the next few days worth of meals planned. Hop aboard, everyone!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Natalie I’m sitting at the front too, where the driver can keep an eye on me! If I go to eat the wrong thing he can make an announcement on the PA and embarrass me in front of all the other passengers 😂
    I weighed in this morning at 90.4kg – a whole 2kg more than I was about 2 weeks ago 🙁 I’m sure a lot of this is water weight as I have been eating (and drinking!) carbs over the last week. So my goal for this jubilee jaunt is to get down to 85kg. I believe 5.4kg in just under 8 weeks is doable, especially as 1-2kg that I’m carrying would be water.
    I’m also focussing on nutrition. I read an article recently where it said to have 30 plant foods per week. I can’t remember if it’s 30 different ones, or 30 serves, but I’m definitely going to increase the variety of veg that I eat, and have veg at each meal.
    I started off this morning with a white coffee at 8am, then a ham and spinach omelette & salad for brunch at 11.30am. I’m going to have an early dinner of roast chicken and veg about 5.30pm as am going out for a walk with my husband in the evening – he wants to get back into walking (we’ll see how long it lasts lol, he’s always full of good intentions but doesn’t always follow through!).
    Hope my fellow passengers are off to a good start, let’s do this!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello all I am definitely on the bus and also need to be at the front so please move over I cannot go to back as hiding is not an option!!!😂
    I had a good birthday yesterday and am now ready for my journey with you all I have eaten way too many carbs over the past few months and I feel awful and look bad too
    This is the shake up i need I got on scales and am 1 and half stones over sorry I am old fashioned don’t do kg !!
    So here we go looking forward to the next 8 weeks if we all help we will get there . One question 🙋‍♀️ is it ok to have one of Moseley shakes instead of a meal ??
    Be in touch soon goodluck all
    Nokie 😘x

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone.well my first day went well and I decided to weigh myself this morning and I’m one pound lighter.Natalie, like you, I’ve been eating more carbs recently so was never off the loo yesterday so know it will be water loss.On our last few journeys I have only been weighing myself once a week or less as I thought weighing myself too regularly would derail me if I stick to my food plan then don’t lose.However, that plan hasn’t worked very well on those journeys😭 so I think I’m going to weigh myself more regularly in the knowledge that if I’m sticking to the plan the weight will definitely come off eventually even if it doesn’t show on the scales every time.I’m going food shopping with my mum today so will stock up on stuff for the meals I’ve planned on mfp.We are visiting my dad this afternoon.Hope everyone has a good day/evening.Dawn X

on

Morning all! Well, I’ve dusted myself down and clambered aboard the bus, ready to start all over again. I’ve just prepared my journey spreadsheet. I will do 45 days up to Thursday 2nd June, and hope to lose 1 stone. I’ve set myself weekly targets and it all looks do-able. So all I now need to do is do it! I’ll be needing the support of our front row team – Sue, Natalie and Nokie – to keep me going as I get distracted very easily 🙀

Dawn, hope your visit to your dad goes well this afternoon. Like you, I’m going to try and replicate my first BSD journey in terms of eating plans etc. And, checking back, I did lose a stone in the first seven weeks so here’s hoping! I do a daily weigh in just to keep track, but also need to make sure I do more regular measurements this time as Sue recently reminded us. I keep forgetting to do that. If anything, that’s more important to me this time round as so many of my lovely summer clothes are too tight at the moment, so I’m at that horrible “nothing to wear” stage!

Nokie, glad you had a lovely birthday. I know several people on previous threads have used shakes. Yowzer maybe? I’d say just use whatever works for you and fits in with your lifestyle. Good luck!

Hello to everyone in the process of transferring from the Easter bus, and anyone else reading this too – do come and join our motley crew!

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’m currently reading the new CSIRO low-carb diabetes book (CSIRO is Australia’s National science agency) which is promoting low-carb diets for type 2 diabetics. In its own study, people on both a traditional low-fat/high carb diet currently officially recommended for diabetics, and their new low-carb diet lost similar amounts of weight, but the low-carb people had much better glucose control and other health markers. And a 2021 British Medical Journal meta-analysis of 23 studies showed that a low-carb diet achieved greater weight loss and better blood triglycerides (despite the high fat!) and 59% of participants put their diabetes in remission compared to 31% of high-carb dieters, so the low carb is an important component not just weight loss. CSIRO recommend 50g carbs per day – hmm I seem to have heard that somewhere before!

Maybe the tide is finally starting to turn.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Save me a seat on the bus please. I am jumping on board on Friday. I am currently away for a few days in Lytham with my husband before he embarks on his three month retreat to Spain where he will be ordained into the Buddhist order. Whilst he is away I am going to embark on my “me “ retreat and get myself back to goal weight. I want to focus on my health and well-being and I also want to lose a stone. It is the perfect time for me to get my act together. What a lovely surprise for my husband to see me looking fit and well on his return in July. My broken ankle is causing mobility issues so I won’t be factoring in any walking for a few weeks but I will definitely be factoring in healthy eating, smaller portions and being strict.

I am really looking forward to jumping on board on Friday. I haven’t been on the scales for a while- there is damage I know that but on Friday I will be starting to undo all that damage and will only look forwards and not backwards. I’ve had a rocky few months but I am feeling positive that I can manage the challenges ahead.

Have a good week everyone- you will be a few days ahead of me but when I get home on Friday I am definitely jumping on board! Ding ding!

• posted by Natalie
    on

In 2 days I’ve already lost the kilogram that I put on over Easter week, one benefit of being ‘naughty’ is a nice whoosh when you start being ‘nice’ again, I guess! And I’m still nibbling at my giant Easter bunny every day. The down side is a bit of a headache which I’m hoping is carb flu and not something more sinister.
    I’m really looking forward to fitting in to more clothes than the small selection I hurriedly bought when I went back to work after lockdown and found nothing professional I owned fit me.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiii everyone,I had to run like mad to jump aboard this morning..a bit late but better late than never.
    Welcome and belated Happy Birthday greetings NOKIE! 🥂🥂🥂xxx
    going out now but will be back to read up on everyone’s posts.
    Thanks DCT for setting up the thread XXXXX

• posted by Mlkm
    on

I’m on board this bus now having had success lowering my HbAC1 considerably and lost 5 kg. Much of this was due to the advice and chatting of the passengers on the 100 Days to Easter bus. Thanks to all. Looking forward to travelling this journey to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee and improve BGL
    Cheers
    Mary

on

Hi Mary and welcome! So glad you’re on board for what is shaping up to be a fab journey. And well done both for your weight loss and your HbAC1 reduction. Great news 👏

My first couple of days have gone well. Like you said Natalie, when you start being nice, good things happen 🤞I’ve lost a couple of pounds since Tuesday morning, which feels like a good start. No change in measurements as yet, which disappointed me as I feel much lighter and less bloated. Though the belly fat (main culprit!!) does feel softer and squishier, so hopefully that means it’s beginning to melt away (I wish ☺️)

Good luck everyone! And look forward to welcoming you on board tomorrow Cathy X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Caught up with the news!
    DAWN yes the lettuces are on standby ready and waiting!xx
    CCATHY tgats lovely news about your husband! Good luck climbing on the bus tomorrow 👍
    NATALIE that initial loss is so welcome when it comes isnt it 👏👏
    NOKIE I use shakes at times..Huel Black are low carb shakes ( other brands available!)
    Comes in powder form to be mixed with water.
    They also do ready to drink shakes that are higher in cals and carbs. I like not having to cook,shop less,less washing up. But I only use them some of the time. Plenty of flavour choices! xx
    LINDA,SUEBLUE,MARIET and all,good to see the gang riding high,back on the bus!🥳 xx

on

Hello Everyone
    I’ve jumped on board the bus this morning. Haven’t weighed myself but I know I’m packing a punch at the moment after being away for a few days and eaten everything I don’t normally eat. Anyway, today was coffee for breakfast and yoghurt for lunch and an omelette with mushrooms and cheese for my evening meal. I’ve started back on the Apple cider vinegar with sparkling water. I’m ready for success and have my eyes on the prize. I want to fit into my size 12 white jeans and my lovely summer clothes for Turkey in September. Im relying on elasticated waists at the moment! Going to fast until lunchtime for the next week and then try a couple of extended fasts as well as keeping low carb and when my ankle permits, walking.

It feels good today to be taking control of myself. I know the scales are probably going to weigh me high so I’ve decided to wait until next Friday before I weigh myself and then I’ll take things from there. I can’t face the music! I want to try and get away from scales going forward. I can tell when I feel better!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Welcome aboard Cathy! Nice to be travelling together again 🙂
    Natalie I loved your words about the upside of being ‘naughty’ is having a whoosh when going back to ‘nice’ – this is exactly what has happened to me over the past few days. Since Tuesday I’ve shed 1.8kg (a smidgen under 4lb). I know this would be water weight after my Easter carb fest, but still grateful for a loss! So now I’m back to 88.6kg which also means I’m in the 13 stone bracket again (just!!). As you can see I love numbers!
    To be honest I haven’t stuck completely to plan – pass the wet lettuce please Yowzer! A few left over hot cross buns and some mini Easter eggs crept in, not to mention a G&T or 2…. but on the whole I have focussed on good nutrition.

Cathy – I think it’s a good idea not to use the scales sometimes. As long as you are able to measure progress another way (measurements, trying on clothes etc) – just do whatever works for you. I find a combination works for me, so I weigh on Fridays, measure at the beginning of the month, and try on clothes that are too small every few months. For a while I was getting my daughter to take some photos every few months, and I wore the same dress, it was good being able to see the changes in my figure.
    Anyway I’m off for a walk now. It’s another long weekend here, as it’s Anzac Day on Monday. My daughter is going to make some Anzac biscuits (yum!) so I’ll have to resist temptation there!

• posted by Natalie
    on

I was a bit discombobulated yesterday with my hot water tank incident and so no water to the house all day, I haven’t yet learned not to turn to ‘comfort food’ when stressed and my favourite Thai restaurant wasn’t open so I ended up having KFC for dinner. My main worry was that this was the beginning of the end, after less than a week! But no, straight back on the WOE this morning with no issues so I’m not going to worry about the little speed bump. And I made my own delicious Thai beef salad for lunch today, with lots of lime juice.

on

Hello everyone
    I’ve decided I’m losing 20 lb between now and September. Just wanted to document this for the record!

Am feeling positive but I know the first few days are the hardest especially after a carb fest! Keto sticks at the ready for hopefully Tuesday when the sugar in my body should have gone.

Not one step backwards as Esnecca always used to say!

on

Went to the charity shop today to drop off some items and bought myself four lovely items for £5! They’re size 12, size 10 and size small and I know I’ll be wearing them later this summer because I am determined to get myself looking and feeling healthier . Day 2 has gone well.
    I did weigh myself this morning and wasn’t surprised to see my weight had gone up a few pounds after my mini break to Lytham. Hopefully, I’ll see a whoosh later this week.
    Hope you’re all having a positive day. I will weigh every Friday with SueBlue. Hoping for 3lb off this week.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CCATHY Wowzer Yowzer! you’re motivating me to want to do my very very very best too!
    I have to confess like SUEBLUE to a few goodies have still crept in..(e.g., leftover simnel cake from Easter…)
    but I’m going to join you two guys on a a Friday weigh in 🙏 and be very stern with myself from now on.
    My Carb Monster can take a hike..her attempts to trip me up are just not gonna work any more.🤨
    NATALIE I’m glad you got sorted and that you’re back on track after a little KFC bump on the road.💕
    NOKIE how you doing?x
    Good luck DAWN!DCT and all the gang on board our latest journey!! be there or be square as we said back in the sixties!
    Food for thought..
    “The only difference between where you are now and where you want to be is the steps you haven’t taken yet”
    🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello all😊
    Hope you doing well I am ok thanks had a good birthday but ate the wrong things !!
    I have tried to be good as I am on the 🚌 bus now trouble is my son taking me for meal tomorrow lunch time as my pressie I will have a look at menu before I go and choose the right meal
    I really want to loose and have my clothes feel looser so am sitting tight on this bus !!!
    Have a good week everyone it’s great to have the forum

👍😊🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓Nokie

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

NOKIE I totally get that about wanting clothes to be looser..I have so many things that are annoyingly just that bit tight and just don’t look right at the moment…it’s ironic that we need to sit tight to get less tight!😄
    Enjoy yr bday meal,sensible main course,but maybe just maybe followed by a teeny tiny treat? After all it IS a bday prezzy …then immediately back on board the bus before any real damage done X

on

Hello everyone
    Day 3 today for me and I am doing well! Greek Yoghurt and raspberries for breakfast and celery with peanut butter for lunch and a glass of sparkling water with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (an acquired taste but rather delicious)! I’ve lost 1.4 lbs since yesterday so the water weight is coming off! Just wanted to see if anything was happening on the scales. The two small dresses I bought yesterday and a pair of tight jeans will be my guide to where I want to be weight wise!
    I’m back in the vaccination centre tomorrow after a week off. I can hopefully stay on track- I am quite a focused person when the mood takes me and I feel like I am in the zone so I
    will keep focused and think about how good I will feel when I achieve my 20 lb weight loss!
    Just off for a flat walk – my ankle is still recovering but I am determined to get some steps in. I’ve even asked an elderly neighbour if I can walk with him and his dog down to the river whilst my husband is away as I don’t feel comfortable walking there on my own and he said I am welcome to join them on their long river walks! How good is that!

on

Morning all! Just to check in and wish you all a happy and successful week.

Lots of us wanting looser clothes and that’s my main focus at the moment too. I need to get into some of my summer clothes as soon as possible!! Weight-wise I’m up and down . . . 3lb came off last week, and 2lb went back on over the weekend! But there are some reductions in measurements this morning which is nice.

I’m weighing every day and measuring 2-3 times a week because I want to understand better how different things affect me; what works and what doesn’t. So I’m going with the flow and am planning to treat everything rather like an experiment. One which I am totally in control of, I just need to understand how all the variables fit together. So if weights or measures do sometimes go up instead of down, I’m not going to let that faze or derail me, just add to my understanding of how my body works so that I can get to where I want to be.

Also in the mix at the moment is the fact I’m doing loads of walking. I’m desperately trying to finish a virtual fitness challenge by Sunday, and because I’d got behind I’m having to clock up several miles each day. So that is also a main focus for the next few days. Cathy it’s great that you can still get to the river, and I’m sure your neighbour will appreciate the company too.

Have a good week everyone X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,well done to those who have had a good 1st week👍 My week started off brilliantly then I fell off the bus on Thursday night,went out for a meal whilst shopping and, even though I could have easily stuck to plan at the restaurant, I didn’t and subsequently wasn’t as careful for the rest of the week so am only 1lb down still.I forgot to take my measurements last Monday so will take them today and (inspired by you doing a spreadsheet DCT)will also do a sparkly chart for the fridge✨The wet lettuce has been thoroughly utilised this morning so may need replenishing Yowzer!I’m about to do a menu plan for the week.Have a good day/evening everyone.Dawn X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello all of you on the bus!!🚌

Well I a ok do started off ok from Tuesday but I have lost a pound 😳
    It’s my own fault i cannot seem to get my head around the fact that bread is a Nono and I had a pudding yesterday as we went out with my son for a late bday meal I really enjoyed it then afterwards felt really guilty why is it all the lovely things are fattening!!😊
    I am going to try hard this week my sister coming over from Switzerland 🇨🇭 for a few days 🙏 pray she doesn’t bring any chocolate with her😊
    Good luck every one and have a good week
    Nokie x

on

Another successful day. Rhubarb and yoghurt for breakfast. Salad with egg and cottage cheese for lunch. Salad and a cheese bake for evening meal. Just getting into ketosis. I haven’t had any carb flu which I expected. I usually have difficulty getting to sleep when I go very low carb but I’ve been really busy today so I hope I’ll get off to sleep tonight it’s out too much difficulty.
    Dawn – hope you’re feeling better after your lash with the wet lettuce! I’ve made a progress chart on my phone. I’ve never measured myself but will weigh and use my clothes as guides. I always find the first couple of weeks quite hard as there isn’t much loss but the accumulation of the odd pound here and there soon begins to add up and make a difference to how we look. Keep plodding- one pound down is a good start.
    Nokie- well done on your one pound loss despite your meals out. . Keep away from any Swiss Chocolates!
    Yowser- hope you’re feeling in the zone this week and thank you for your inspiring quotes. They always are so meaningful.
    DCT – hope you have a good week and your walking helps boost your weight loss this week. All to play for as we keep going and keep focused. Let’s just keep chipping away day by day.
    Natalie- hope you’re having a better week and are back on track.
    SueBlue – i love your taking a photo Idea so I am going to take some photo every Friday wearing the same clothes just to see the metamorphosis over the next few weeks.
    Linda- how are you getting on?

Have a great week everyone. The bus is moving along steadily and each week we will go faster and faster as we all get lighter and lighter.

• posted by Natalie
    on

It turns out fried chicken and Easter chocolate inhibit weight loss. Who knew? So I regained some of what I lost at the start of the week, but I still ended up lighter than when I started so I am moderately pleased. Hopefully there will be no major speed bumps this week, or if there are that I can stay in my seat this time! Have a great week, everyone!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello all people on bus 🚌
    I have decided to rejoin the 12 weeks fast 800 as I need to follow all the recipes and try and keep up with the exercise as and mindfulness 🧘‍♀️ I just cannot seem to stay focused otherwise I didn’t want you all to think ihad just disappeared!! Good luck to you all on the jubilee journey
    Best wishes Nokie x

on

Hi Nokie
    We will save a seat for you on the bus just in case you decide that you want to come back on board. Some of us have been on and off the bus many times!! Good luck with your weight loss journey. I’ll be on the forum so I’ll hopefully read about your progress.
    I tried two pairs of summer trousers on today. One pair was tight and one pair wouldn’t even zip up! A very small size 12!!! So they’re my try on trousers and I’ll be trying them both on again on 1st June- 1st July-1st August and 1st September when hopefully they’ll be swishing round so I can take them to Turkey! Such a good idea to use clothes as a gauge!
    Just off to enjoy my pre dinner apple and cider vinegar drink! Tonight it’s ratatouille with halloumi for my evening meal from the fast 800 cook book- I’m craving hot food! . Lunch was salad with cottage cheese and quorn slices and breakfast was yoghurt and rhubarb. I’m definitely in ketosis today. I am Feeling hungry today as I’ve not eaten very much since I started on Friday. Must take a leaf out of SueBlues book and prepare myself some nutritious food. I’ve got plenty of recipe books – just need to plan! Bought some Stilton and Broccoli today to make some soup- it fills me up.

Hope everyone is on track. I’ll weigh on Friday and post my first weeks’ progress! When I started in 2017 I lost 4lb in my first week and was astounded! Not expecting that but 3lb would be great.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸
    Thanks NOKIE and good luck..always welcome to jump on and off any time,call in and say hi, like CCATHY said 💚
    CCATHY think you’re back doing jabs now? I hope your ankle is ok as you’ll be on your feet a lot in your job.xx
    I’m with you CCATHY,on the JUJU Bus Journey but thinking like you longer term to September. I moved to my current home 13 th September 2017 at my lowest weight and would love to get as close as poss to that again for my five year anniversary of the move.
    Of course it’s totally down to me to make that happen,so I must stop getting sidelined..went for meal Sunday,really it needn’t have done much damage,but I came home and had drinks and other goodies. Give me an inch I take a mile!
    DAWN I know you did similar too after a meal out,what are we like! Lettuces are being brandished!xx
    DCT,you sound like you’re right in the zone and very focused! xx
    Love to all,SUEBLUE!!MARIET!LINDA! NATALIE! and all the travelling people! XX
    Just a reminder,I need it for the inspiration,of the saying…

First, it is an intention.Then a behaviour.Then a habit.Then a practice.Then a second nature.Then it is simply who you are.
    (Brendan Burchard)

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone
    Late as ever – I meant to join the bus just after the Easter weekend but took my SIL home and turned out she had a couple of medical appointments so stayed to take her to them. Got back on Saturday morning. I’ve enjoyed having my SIL with us (and my son too for a week) but I now feel quite tired.
    DCT – thanks for setting up this thread. I completely fell off the bus on the way to Easter so I’m determined to do better this time. My only goal on this journey is to be disciplined, that’s basically it. I’m not going to set any other targets this time. I’m going back to repeat my first 8/12 weeks on BSD when I was really disciplined with everything. That will take me past the Jubilee weekend but like you, Cathy and Yowzer, I’m also focused on September, and a couple of big family meet-ups (all things being equal covid-wise). We’re back to being just us two (me and OH) in the house so I think that will really help.
    Mlkm (Mary) – that’s brilliant news about your Hba1c and your weight loss. I’m so pleased that it’s working for you.
    Nokie – I’ve been feeling a bit like you recently (trying to stay focused etc). I also find it hard to stay ‘on it’ if I’m missing one element of the lifestyle. It’d be great to hear how you get on with the Fast 800 and how it’s helped at some point. Oh and very belated happy birthday! xx
    Yowzer, I like this inspirational saying (I always like them). It’s what I need to do.
    Cathy – ‘Not one step backwards’ is one of my favourite Esnecca sayings, too. In fact at one point I got it engraved on a leather wrist band that l used to wear every day. Time to pull it out of the back of the draw, I think!
    Dawn, Natalie, SueBlue, Mariet, Linda, Verano – lovely to be travelling with you all.
    I’m off to do my meal plans today, my food gets delivered tomorrow, and I go back to the beginning again on Friday. Not one step backwards!
    Catch up with everyone later
    Jennie xx

on

Hi Jennie
    Never too late to board the bus and yes, some of us will be trying to get to our goals by September so more buses will be coming along after the Jubilee bus pulls into its destination.
    Another good day for me today- had to have a filling at the dentist and was petrified. My new dentist was really lovely and I didn’t feel a thing thanks to a very good dose of anaesthetic which has only just worn off. Soup for lunch and I’m having cauliflower cheese for my evening meal.
    I’ve been getting on the scales first thing each morning like I did when I first started in 2017 and the scales are going in the right direction albeit slowly. I think my monthly jeans try on is going to be exciting as is the monthly photograph! Hopefully I’ll not be making slow and painful progress on my weight loss journey. I am very determined to get there by September and my recipe books are all out for some meal planning next week when my husband goes away.
    Hope you are all having a good week. Oh, and you won’t believe this….. I fell off the physios couch yesterday after having ultrasound for my sprained ankle and I’ve sprained my wrist!!! You really couldn’t write the script!!!!!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Oh my goodness Cathy! I am picturing you trying to wriggle slowly away from the pain of the physio massage, a little more, a little more, whoops over the side…

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Oh no, Cathy, I know I shoudn’t be laughing but you’re right you couldn’t make it up! Hope the wrist is not too painful. Accidents aside, it’s good to hear how determined you are! I like the monthly jeans and monthly photo idea. Might pinch that one.
    Natalie – I’ve just been reading your post on the positive thoughts thread. What a great treat walking in to a cooked dinner. Good luck with the new job – hope you’re avoiding the fried chicken and Easter chocolate this week!
    Well, I did my food plan for the week yesterday and my food delivery came this morning. Just now I’m roasting ts broccoli with parmesan in the oven for lunch. I’m then going to have cauli cheese tonight. (I’m using up last week’s slightly pock-marked cauli and slightly flabby broccoli so I’m likely to go over on portion size to finish them off but then everything is clear for a back to basic start tomorrow.
    Hope everyone else is having a good week.
    Jennie xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day/ evening/ night all ..Friday Weigh In for me…
    I’ve lost six pounds since beginning the Jubilee Jamboree Journey. Very pleased as I have fallen off my horse a few times but got back on,and believe me it isn’t easy riding a horse AND a bus at the same time 😄😜
    JENNIE so good to see you on the bus 🥳
    CCATHY ouch,so sorry to hear you now have a sprained wrist,on top of your ankle injury 😢xx
    Good luck everyone,onwards and downwards …as Albert Einstein said,” You never fail until you stop trying!” 💜🌸💚

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Way to go YOWZER! Well done 🙂
    I’m 1.9kg or 4lb down since the start of our Jubilee journey, so just behind you 🙂
    Love the quote too, so true!
    Cathy – sorry to hear about your latest injury x but sounds like you are in a good place and on the right track 🙂
    I was sorting out clothes over Easter and donated a whole heap of size 18 and 20 clothes as I have no intention of going back to that size – and it just means that later this year I’ll have to go shopping for some new spring/summer clothes 🙂 it’s Autumn here now so I can get away with baggy tops and cardigans and tracksuit pants for a while, especially while still working from home 🙂
    Have a good weekend all 🙂

on

Hello and well done to Yowser and SueBlue on your amazing weight losses this week. I will weigh officially tomorrow because when I got back from Lytham I didn’t weigh until Saturday morning. I did weigh myself today and I have lost 2lb since Saturday. I put a pound on the day after I had my filling!! No lie! Not a biscuit or cake or crisp has passed my lips all week at work. I am in ketosis. I will change my weigh in day to Friday from next week, I will see if I’ve lost anything more tomorrow and post my first week’s achievement tomorrow. My work mates have been impressed with my iron willpower this week as have I. I will be disappointed to have only lost 2lb on my first week after being so good but I’ll take it and deduct whatever I have lost off my 20lb target and carry on. Have been drinking plenty of water and eating low carb all week. I am happy that I started this week and next week when my husband goes away I will chip chip chip away at the remaining pounds.

SueBlue- you did the right thing getting rid of your bigger clothes. I did that when I got to goal in 2017. Gone are the days when I had size 12 to size 18 clothes in my wardrobe. It really does keep me on track and when my clothes are tight I am back to it hence why I am here again! I must have been really small when I got to 135 lbs because some of my jeans won’t even zip up now that I am 150lb. Cant wait to try my selected jeans on again on 1st June!

on

Just a quick post to confirm my weight loss for this week- a grand total of 2lb, very disappointed with that if I am honest! Worked really hard and made a lot of changes. Was hoping for 4lb but would have been happy with 3lb. This is going to be a long and slow journey for me!

18lb to go so onwards and downwards into week 2. I hope to lose 2lb this week. I will weigh on Friday every week from now.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

🐢

on

Hello everyone. How’s your weekend going?
    Just a quick check in as I sit enjoying the lovely sunshine. It’s my birthday today and somehow it’s morphed into a four- day celebration, from yesterday through to Monday. Which is lovely – though I might need to dig in the naughty seat by Tuesday 🙀

I bought a CD yesterday from a second hand music shop. It’s called Magic Bus, so very appropriate! It’s all 60’s hippy music – perfect for a sunny afternoon in the garden. Hope my neighbours agree 😉

Apart from the birthday weekend, this week has been good so far. I’ve re-lost the 2lb that went back on last weekend. So my total loss so far on the journey is 3lb. Cathy I feel your pain! ( I’m talking about weight loss, but also hope you recover soon from your wrist sprain!)I’ve revised my weight loss targets to 2lb a week until I reach 140lb, then 1lb a week thereafter. So should hopefully be below 140lb (back into the nines!!) by the end of this journey then gradually progress downwards from there 🤞

My virtual fitness challenge is going well; nearly finished now. I think once that’s out of the way I will be able to focus more on diet rather than trying to chalk up miles. Ideally both, but seemingly not always possible for me ….

Nokie, good luck on your parallel journey! Do check back in occasionally to update us how you’re doing x

Have a great weekend everyone. Still 5 weeks to go, so everything to play for!

on

Hello everyone. How’s your weekend going?
    Just a quick check in as I sit enjoying the lovely sunshine. It’s my birthday today and somehow it’s morphed into a four- day celebration, from yesterday through to Monday. Which is lovely – though I might need to sit in the naughty seat by Tuesday 🙀

I bought a CD yesterday from a second hand music shop. It’s called Magic Bus, so very appropriate! It’s all 60’s hippy music – perfect for a sunny afternoon in the garden. Hope my neighbours agree 😉

Apart from the birthday weekend, this week has been good so far. I’ve re-lost the 2lb that went back on last weekend. So my total loss so far on the journey is 3lb. Cathy I feel your pain! ( I’m talking about weight loss, but also hope you recover soon from your wrist sprain!)I’ve revised my weight loss targets to 2lb a week until I reach 140lb, then 1lb a week thereafter. So should hopefully be below 140lb (back into the nines!!) by the end of this journey then gradually progress downwards from there 🤞

My virtual fitness challenge is going well; nearly finished now. I think once that’s out of the way I will be able to focus more on diet rather than trying to chalk up miles. Ideally both, but seemingly not always possible for me ….

Nokie, good luck on your parallel journey! Do check back in occasionally to update us how you’re doing x

Have a great weekend everyone. Still 5 weeks to go, so everything to play for!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello dreams come true
    Happy birthday 🎂 (no cake !!)🤣
    Have a good weekend cd sounds great 👍 wish I lived next 🚪 door
    Thanks for your kind wishes I have rejoined the fast 800 but to be honest I am finding it hard to navigate around the site it so complicated (well for me anyway!!) I preferred it when I did the sugar one so I am going to have a good look over weekend and if I feel it’s not for me I will climb back onto this 🚌 bus if that’s ok with everyone as I really think this is a good group
    I have all the books and I feel it might be good to stick to what I know
    Have a great long weekend everyone be in touch on Monday
    Nokie x💞

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hello fellow travellers🙂Happy birthday DCT and well done for your weight loss so far and also Yowzer,Sue and Cathy(I hope your ankle and wrist are getting better,I couldn’t believe it when I read what happened to you at the physio’s! )I will be weighing myself again on Monday and will hopefully have added to my paltry 1lb loss.I’m still not totally on board so will be happy with any loss at all this week tbh.Going to revisit fast 800 and fast 800 keto books to chivvy myself along a bit.Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.Dawn X

on

Happy Birthday dreamscometrue. Well done on your loss this week. I’m aiming for 2lb a week too for as long as I can and then will accept whatever comes in a downward trend! I know I am a slow loser. I am just determined to lose 20lb this year so I will keep going until I achieve it. Might even be another Christmas bus!!!! Hope not!!
    Dance the weekend away and enjoy your birthday weekend. I’ve just done a long walk so that hopefully will help things. Ankles and wrist on the mend thankfully!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DCT! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 xx I know that CD ( 3 CD set?) some great oldie goldies on it! And Magic Bus by the Who..a fab song for our bus. Keep your celebrations going all over the long weekend!
    CCATHY I’m so glad yr ankle and wrist are on the mend!well done on your 2lbs,👍I know you’re disappointed but it’s still a good loss and a whole lot better than a two pound gain! X
    WE wd love to see you on the bus NOKIE! X
    SUEBLUE v well done on your 4 lb loss 👏👏 xx
    Keep going kids! We’ll get there by hook or by crook 💕 we just need to be focused ,keep those goals firmly in view,and continue doing all the things we know work. XX
    An old Irish proverb…”You’ll never plough a field by just turning it over in your mind”

Please log in or register to post a reply.