Izzy's 8 week diary :)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

OK! Since you are nice in here, I won’t kick any British Butt! ๐Ÿ™‚ Especially, since I am a Brit also! I never tried kicking myself in the butt. I guess only in Looney Tunes!

Family reunion was a success. I am still cleaning up after the party.

Have a Great Week!

Live Long And Prosper!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Glad the reunion went well Mr Stud, and thanks for not kicking my Butt lol although it is a good bit smaller than it used to be – not such a big target!

This morning woke up at 0450 and thought I heard my son up, so I got up and went to the loo and checked but he was still in bed. It’s super windy outside so must have just been a noise. Anyway I went back to bed but I knew I couldn’t really sleep again as my alarm goes off at 0545 and usually I then struggle to get up crawling out of bed a little too late at 0630… so anyway I just decided to get up. It’s actually been kind of nice. I’ve made my sons lunch, mine is ready to heat (it’s soup need to do it before I leave so it’s still hot at lunch) I’ve loaded the dishwasher, I’ve put dinner in the slow cooker (diced steak – pie for the others not sure for me) and I’m sat here watching Eat, Pray, Love.

I can’t remember if I said but I previously said I didn’t like the novel and didn’t finish it? However I do enjoy Elizabeth Gilbert’s book Big Magic and wanted to know more about her so I purchased the audio version of Eat, Pray, Love and found myself hooked. Really enjoyed it, so now I’m watching the movie. Although I’m not sure why because I always prefer books lol.

It’s nice not to be rushing about. The day will start in earnest soon though, but for the next two weeks my husband is off work so I won’t need to rush at the end of the day in fear of being late for my son as he will get him.

Todays food – raspberry shake, soup, something with diced steak for dinner. A small portion of pecan brittle. I might be out for a walk with my friend later, we haven’t managed for a few weeks as she has been away and busy. It will be nice to catch up and giver her the alien keyring!.

Well I best be off and sort my lunch otherwise I will lose my early advantage and end up rushed like usual lol.

Have a lovely day BSD-ers.

on

You surely have a great sense of humor! ๐Ÿ™‚

I can not say I ever read Gilbert. But I did like the Julia Roberts movie. It takes a lot out of a man to watch these mushy romance movies. Movies like An Affair To Remember with Cary Grant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aZl-uBcufM

Yeh, I was crying too when Lee Marvin sent those 12 prisoners into the Alps Chalet. LMAO ๐Ÿ™‚

Live Long And Prosper! (Oh yeh, I was crying at the end of Wrath Of Khan when Spock got sent to Genesis! Oh what and tear jerker movie…. for a guy!) ๐Ÿ™‚

PrincetonianStud

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Oh thank you for that clip, PrincetonianStud – had me weeping with laughter……:) ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Ah, it make me shed a manly tear hearing another guy sheds another tear on Tom hanks and his passion for DIRTY DOZEN! ๐Ÿ™‚

Live Long And Prosper!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Oh mannn Sleepless in Seattle was in 1993! Where have all the years gone?!

I like Tom Hanks he is a great actor my fav movie is The Green Mile though ๐Ÿ™‚ amazing movie and fairly accurate to the original story in the book too. Love Stephen King for that book too!

Had a nice walk and catch up with my friend tonight (she loved her alien keyring I made her – it’s pink and on my blog lol)

I’ve also had a cup of herbal tea and now it’s time for sleepies. Night all ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

morning all ๐Ÿ™‚

Well my scales are nasty! I’ve put a new battery in so I’m kidding myself they just need to ‘settle’ lol. It says I’ve gained two pounds – I know I ate more than normal at the weekend but it wasn’t 2 lb’s worth! Anyway I haven’t gained any inches so I’m thinking it’s a fraudulent 2lb’s! Either way I’ve been back on it for 3 days and will continue, I’ll be in the 10’s again officially soon I’m sure.

I managed to get up a bit early again today although not as early as yesterday lol so I’ve been able to chill and take my time. I’m having my morning shake, I have cheese salad packed for lunch, dinner is going to be pork stir fry.

Feels cold here today, is summer past already? Autumn will come soon enough. Every season has it’s beauty but I know winter is a struggle for my husband and his SAD.

I have my tilt table test booked at the hospital next Monday but I’ve been told to wait for a letter for another test. I’ve googled it and it would seem they are testing me for a condition called Addison’s disease. It’s one of those weird things where you read it and think… aha that sounds exactly like me! But at the same time, the symptoms can be many things. Anyway if I do have it the prognosis is good – lifelong treatment but normal health and life expectancy. If I have it once they balance the necessary medication I should feel better and stop feeling dizzy. So I may have it, or I may not. Either way I’m not going to worry about it. I’m just going to let the doctors do their job and be patient.

Well I’m off to chill for 10 mins before I need to get my son ready! Have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

Morning Izzy
    when I got my new scales just over a week ago, I loved them because my weight got lower every day. Similar to you , bit of a blip yesterday, it;s the scales!
    Hope that all your tests go well – always best to find the root cause of mystifying symptoms

have a good day

• posted by Izzy
    on

Damn those scales Frog! Nasty little blighters lol. Mine has come back down almost to what I was last week now so hopefully by next weigh day I’ll be on a new low again ๐Ÿ™‚

Decided on a change for breakfast and I’ve just demolished 3 boiled eggs, all mashed up with salt and pepper. Yummm. Lunch is going to be cheese salad and dinner pork stir fry. I forgot to take the pork out of the freezer and we had chicken last night instead. My husband made it with a shop bought sauce so it wasn’t my usual careful meal with nothing hidden however he used to cook for us once a week and I miss it. Since I started BSD I’ve just cooked always so last night I was pretty tired and he offered so that was nice. I had courgetti with mine so it wasn’t a huge deviation. A little shop bought sauce now and then won’t kill me I’m sure.

Well I’m off to finish my tea and wake my son, have a great day ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

my scales are starting with a 10 again ๐Ÿ™‚ I knew those lb’s were frauds!

I’ve had a shake for breakfast, made cheese salad for lunch, not sure about dinner as I’m going to be busy.

back later ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

mid week weigh in shows me down to 10st 12.6, so only 0.6 off my next target and stepping forward again. after showing a 2 lb gain on tues, now I’ve lost that plus 1.4 more ๐Ÿ™‚ hopefully by tuesday I will hit or pass 10st 12, which will be 2 whole stone gone on bsd.

My son is playing in his room with lego and I’m chilling in bed but I’ll be up soon. I need to move a couple of radiators and husband and I are completely changing around 3 rooms today.

• posted by Frog
    on

excellent, well done Izzy – hope that you make your Tuesday goal

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done IZZY..fingers x’d for tuesday. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead,take care! X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Izzy

Bril go for it girl, are you beginning to feel the benefit now. Hope you have a happy day๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hello everyone, thankyou for the supportive comments ๐Ÿ™‚

So yesterday I got the radiators moved and then between us we moved everything else from room to room… sofa, bean bags, little tables, two wall mounted tv’s two wall mounted cabinets, two large vivariums (bearded dragon and tortoise homes) There was much scrubbing and work, from 1000 until 2100, and then… very bad izzy… we had a take away. i hadn’t eaten much so I wouldn’t have had high calories but it would have been carby. There was just no way we were going to cook.

Then today up with my son I cleaned the double glass back doors and fitted a fly screen, then cleaned the floor, moved a fridge, a freezer, tumble dryer and filing cabinet and cleaned out a cupboard… put the tumble dryer down on my toe ๐Ÿ™ Hubby is taking stuff to the skip at the moment. The house is going to feel so much better after this. Later I’ll be busy putting coat hooks and shelves in the empty cupboard for shoes, jackets and school bags ๐Ÿ™‚ Our hallway will no longer be a mess of shoes and bags.

I’ve a night out tonight with work people (no food and I’m driving so no alcohol) Then tomorrow I’m having a sleep in before we go to pick up my daughter from my parents house.

I had a raspberry shake for breakfast, lentil soup for lunch and we’ll be having spag bol (courgetti) for dinner later ๐Ÿ™‚

GreenJanet… There is no way a few months ago I could have done all I did yesterday and today without feeling totally burned out and miserable. I feel great so yes I’m definitely feeling huge benefits!

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Bizzy-Izzy

Moving rooms and shifting pounds, there’s a plan we could all follow. Glad to hear you are feeling good too.
    N.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thanks Nettle ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m just having a wee rest and a cup of herbal whilst I give my drill a quick charge then I’ll be Bizzy Izzy in the cupboard lol.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

IZZY near yr two stone lost! Wow,How long has it taken?
    i think Addisons is problems with the adrenal glands? ..which are such important little glands. I have M.E.,which is partly caused by adrenal fatigue. ๐Ÿ˜

Enjoy yr night out! On another subject Izz, you sure are a bizzy bee in yr house ! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Oh and Tom Hanks..love him,love his films!..also love him in this Carly Rae Jepsen music video!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qV5lzRHrGeg

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m a sloooow loser YOwzer it’s been about 4 months I think but I’m happy on the plan so I don’t mind. You are right Adisons is an adrenal issue and one of the symptoms is fatigue, I certainly had it at the beginning of the year as I could barely function! We will see of course because the symptoms are common to many things including your own condition. My Mil suffers from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. So many things to get healthwise and all we can really do is try to optimise our health as best we can.

I’d never seen that video lol, he is a good sport Tom Hanks! He is a type 2 diabeties sufferer and admits his diet caused it.

I’ve woken up today late. I wasn’t too late home from the night out (did a lot of walking as well) I was home before 2330. Then I sat and made a paracord bracelet for my daughter and was in bed at 0030 ish. I only had 2x diet coke at night out and hubby was getting up with the little one today. I woke up briefly at 1030 and thought I’ll get up soon and the next thing I knew it was 1230! Ive felt a little woozy since I got up but I think long fasts just don’t suit me. 18 hours since my dinner last night.

I’m having a morning shake – a good choice I think. It will hydrate as well as having protein in the milk and yog, and some sugars in the berries, I’ve added a chunk of banana so lots of good nutrient. Whatever my body is needing it’s probably in my glass! As it’s so late today I’ll skip lunch and we’re having dinner at my parents when we go to pick up my daughter.

Well I’d better be off got some stuff to do before we leave ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s been a busy weekend but well worth the effort the house feels great to be in now instead of the mess it had become!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hope you had a good day bizzy IZZY ! And a good week ahead x
    Sorry about yr MIL..hope she has made some progress? I feel over 50% recovered but its taken years..trying all kinds of things to get that elusive good health back once again ! X

• posted by Izzy
    on

My MIL’s health is quite up and down yowzer I’d like to support her better and I know she would want to support us too but we live too far apart. She has found some things that help a bit at least but it is hard for her.

Our visit to parents went well and I’m going back next week to empty their loft for them as my Dad is finding it hard to get up and down the steps, there isn’t much I can do to help with their move really so I jumped on the chance to do this. My daughter was also keen to help so it is good to see that side of her.

After I took my daughter shopping as needed to get her some new undies, and I got me some new pj’s as mine are all either falling apart or falling off lol. I picked up size 12-14 and they fit well ๐Ÿ™‚ my jeans are getting looser than they were too. All good!

As my parents are down sizing, I’ve been given a box that my Dad made. My Dad used to be a joiner and was the sort of person who could turn his hand to anything. He struggles now and I know he misses that ability- I’m a lot like him and I know I would too.

The box is a sort of chest that he made 25 or more years ago for my Mum to store all her sewing and knitting stuff. It’s an awesome little chest with 3 lift out wooden trays with compartments of different sizes for anything. I will make great use of it in my Den and my Mum is grateful that I can take it as she was sad to think of parting with it but they just won’t have room in their new place. It is meaningful to me as well as I can remember him making it when I was a child. I hope I will have both my parents for a long time yet but I know I will always want to keep this box.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hope yr MIL find something that works for her .Must be hard for you and OH with her not living close by

So thats where you get yr creativity IZZY- from yr mum and dad!
    How lovely to own something yr Dad made that holds so many memories! I know you will treasure it! X

Night night,sleep tight xx

• posted by Izzy
    on

Yes Yowzer I get the sewing and craft from my Mother, the engineering ability from my Dad, creativity in different forms from both of them. Perfect mix I’d say lol.

Night night don’t let the bed bugs bite! xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Deffo a perfect mix IZ..arty crafty plus practical
    If i ever come back, i want to come back like yr Dad..able to turn my hand to anything! X

• posted by Izzy
    on

There’s a lot to like and admire about my Dad Yowzer so not a bad aspiration lol

• posted by JMG
    on

Hi Izzy,

I have been reading all your posts and am very impressed by what you have achieved and all the detail that you give.

I am just starting out so hopefully can achieve some good results too. I need to be accountable somehow so thought I would join the forum.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi JMG, welcome to the forum ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you enjoy it and Good Luck with your journey to better health ๐Ÿ™‚

Morning all. Well yesterday we headed in to the hospital (a 45 minute drive away) for my tilt table test only to find that my fingers are too little for the sensor they use so wasn’t able to have it. The nurse says she has complained to the manufacturer as this does happen now and then but they haven’t yet made a smaller one.

She was lovely though and said she hated letting people down, but she didn’t let me down her equipment did. Anyway she took my blood pressure a heap of times in many positions and confirmed that it drops when I stand up – which we knew anyway but that’s it been confirmed twice, and gave me advice on how to manage the dizzyness whilst I wait for my next test.

She recommends I drink even more water (I’ll turn into a fish) and also recommends I add a little more salt to my diet because I don’t add much. I do use stock cubes and eat bacon, and I add salt to soup but other than that I rarely add salt to anything.

Aside from the fluctuating, my blood pressure is at a healthy level so that’s one good thing!.

I had a shake for breakfast yesterday and then after the hospital my husband and I went to a mexican restaurant for lunch. I had chicken wings in peri peri sauce (not breaded or battered) and I had a chicken salad. It did come with a small amount of nacho’s but not much. So all in all not a BAD meal for BSD. Probably more calories than I should have had but I felt full for the rest of the day and didn’t need dinner.

Back to work today so I’m having my breakfast shake, cheese and tomatoes for lunch (running low lol) and chicken goujons for dinner, probably with some roasted veg not sure yet.

I’ve been pondering making bags and wallets in my den for a while and decided yesterday that what I should do is just go ahead and buy a pattern and make some that way. Once I’ve established I can do that, and have that platform to work from I can change the designs and make them my own, once I see how things fit in if you know what I mean, so I downloaded the pattern for this and plan to get started soon!…

http://so-sew-easy.com/sewing-video-for-the-swoon-della-wallet-pattern/

I’m going to make 3… one for my MIL, one for my daughter and one for me. The zipped parts are big enough to hold a phone so you could have phone in one side and cash in the other. Hopefully it will all go to plan! I have everything I need and was going to add a keyring with beaded letters either with names or a message of some kind, I haven’t decided yet. I have some other felt keyring ideas too… I also bought a larger canvas for painting yesterday too, so plenty to keep me amused.

I was going to go up last night but I was pretty tired as I hadn’t slept well the night before, so instead I went to bed early and resumed watching my x-files boxset as I’ve not watched in a while and I do eventually want to get through the whole lot!

Have a great day BSD-ers

on

Hey Izzy:

So are you a Skeptic or a Believer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty8vIrlEBuA

Great News! You are in tip top shape! Keep it going. And you follow a few words of wisdom from Vulcan:

Live Long And Prosper!

PrincetonianStud

P.S. I have to go back to Area 51 take my spaceship to Jupiter! ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hey Izzy!
    So sorry about your dizzy Izzy issues! Wha about your blood sugar? Since your BP is good and you still are dizzy when you stand what’s your blood sugar? Is it too low maybe?
    That wallet you are making is awesome! Maybe I will get inspired to make one sometime. I love it!
    A client just had one of her clients make me a gorgeous cloth tote bag with lots of pockets and such and it’s beautiful. I kinda don’t want to use it because it’s so pretty!
    I am down 79.6 total and 49.6 on BSD since April 29th now. Also am one lb less than when my hubby met me. Ha
    Still a weighs (ha!) to go but I am definitely getting there quickly.
    Wearing some new thinner clothes and letting go of my way too baggy clothes as well. Mugs my friend and let me know how the wallet turns out! Maybe you can sell them on Etsy or something!
    ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™

• posted by Izzy
    on

Mr Stud, hope you made it to Jupiter – I’m both a believer and a skeptic!

My son frequently runs out of fuel due to frequent visits to the moon, where he agrees that there really is a man up there, and it is all made of cheese.

Hello Happy! You have done such an amazing job well done! You should use the bag – no sense just looking at it!

Well today is weigh and measure day, well it should have been. I remembered to weigh but forgot to measure haha.

Anyway my weight is same as Friday which gives me a 3.5lb loss this week, so got rid of last weeks gain plus a bit more. I’m happy with that. Would have liked another little bit just to be over the 2stone lost though but hopefully that will happen this week ๐Ÿ™‚

With the odd glitch this really feels like a lifestyle for me now. Even when I do have my misshaps I never eat as much carbs as I once did, I make different choices at home and when out for meals than I used to. I know my losses are still slower than most but I can see if I just keep this lifestyle that sooner or later I will plod my way forwards to my destination – health!

I’ve been pondering what to do about my book – there is a competition I could enter in September, or I could try submitting the manuscript to one of the publishers that accept unsolicited ones. Many of the big publishers will only accept manuscripts via an agent and I’m a little daunted at the idea of that.

There is only one publisher I could find in Scotland, which I thought might be nice if they wanted me, supporting industry closer to home and there are many in the UK.

I’ve had my morning shake, I’ve got left over chicken from last night and tomatoes for lunch. No idea about dinner. Maybe pasta bake for the others and courgetti for me…

Have a great day ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hey Izzy, sorry to hear you’ve been feeling a bit rubbish ๐Ÿ™

You should do both. Enter the competition first and if nothing happens there, submit, submit, submit!!! He who dares, Rodney, he who dares… etc ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi Lucky, maybe I will. I need to finish my editing first lol.

Break time at our team meeting- successful avoidance of bacon roll ๐Ÿ˜Š

Aaaaand a lady who works here and only sees me once a month just did that wonderful thing that we all love… Asked me if i had lost weight ๐Ÿ˜€ always a nice boost to have it noticed.

Ah well back to the meeting!

• posted by Frog
    on

Morning Izzy
    well done with the bacon roll!

on

I came back from Jupiter because it gets too cold over there! But coming back home I bought a plot of land on the Moon:

http://www.lunarland.com

Santa Claus could buy your son a piece of the Moon for Christmas!

Yeh, my imagination makes me buy land out of this world! ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Izzy
    on

could you get me a plot on Mars please?

Thanks Frog ๐Ÿ™‚ I was chatting easily to my manager about it explaining that since I’ve stopped eating bread I don’t feel great when I do eat it. I’ll talk to anyone about BSD now ๐Ÿ™‚

My scales are good this morning I have officially hit 2 stone lost instead of just ‘nearly’ ๐Ÿ™‚ a new low for me lol. 10st 12. I still struggle to remember it starts with a 10, whenever I think of my weight generally it pops into my mind as 12 st 12 and I have to remind myself – nope! not anymore! 5lb’s to my next 10st 7 target ๐Ÿ™‚

my raspberries in the fridge went mouldy ๐Ÿ™ but I made my morning shake with 1/3 of a banana and a few blueberries. It was lush. I do enjoy my morning shakes, and I never feel hungry in the morning at work.

Have you noticed how perfect a childs body is? and the real magic being how little they care? my son is sat sprawled out on a beanbag playing with my ipad wearing his pyjama top and underpants. He doesn’t care what his legs look like, or about body hair, freckles or blemishes. Or the fact that the angle he is sitting at might be giving him a double chin. He just doesn’t care. He will sit however he feels comfortable. We should aspire to this child like attitude to our bodies. A child responds to their hunger and eats until they are full. They don’t look for rubbish food (unless as parents that’s all we give them) They get up and run around when they feel like it. A body to them ‘just is’.

I’m just going to take my last slice of almond flour carrot cake out of the freezer for my lunch today as I’m not organised with shopping, my husband has had the last two weeks off work and he gets the shopping from his work lol. We stocked up on main meal food but not on lunch and snack food so keep having to pop to the local shop here.

I’ve not baked for ages and my soup stash is also gone, tomorrow I plan to do some in the afternoon.

My daughter is really enjoying her first week at High School, and today my son starts the pre-school nursery. It’s just an hour in the afternoon and parents are to stay so my husband is bringing him. Then tomorrow I will drop him off for his first full morning ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve been so looking forward to this! I know he will have a great time and it gives me a couple of hours to commit to craft or writing before picking him up again for lunch ๐Ÿ™‚

Tomorrow will be epic ๐Ÿ™‚ craft in the morning and then spending the afternoon catching up with my laundry, making soup, baking and playing with my son, my husband will also be around too so it will be a nice afternoon. Usually when my husband is off on a Friday I take the opportunity to go out alone but on Saturday I’ll be out all day at my parents emptying their loft so I need to get caught up here.

Well enough about tomorrow and Saturday, first I have to get through Thursday!

have a great day my lovelies!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Izzy
    Never heard anyone sooo cheerful about an afternoon getting the laundry sorted!
    Whatever you’re having, my breakfast rhubarb isn’t quite doing that for me!

have a great day

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

IZZY the Della wallet is lovely! I see youre as busy as ever today! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yes submit that book! To the comp and / or publisher! When youre famous,we can say we know you! Xโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi frog, Yes I do seem a bit hyper at the minute haha, not sure it’s breakfast though just that it feels like life is good just now and I’m very grateful. I’m not so much excited about the laundry it’self – more having the time to get it done and the prospect of an empty basket (for 5 mins until my daughter fills it up again lol)

Hi Yowzer, always busy haha, I will definitely do one or the other or both with my book. I don’t really want to be famous though but it would be nice if it did well enough for me to make a reasonable living ๐Ÿ™‚ I like a quiet life really!

Today is full of awesomeness, my son is at nursery and was so happy to be there no issues at all at him going in. Today is his first session without a parent staying but he wasn’t bothered at all! The walk to there and back has given me 3400 steps, so Fridays should be better than before for step counts now too. I’ve had my morning shake and I’ve made a cuppa and now I’m heading off to my Den so as not to waste this precious time! He’ll need picked up at 12 so the morning will soon pass.

Last night we had lemon chicken with oven roasted courgette, tomato, asparagus and onion. Hubby had rice. It was nice but I added too much lemon (I used 2 lemons and 3 chicken breasts, next time I think 1 lemon will do) It had a nice kick with the chilli flakes.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/32690/lemon-butterfly-chicken.aspx?o_is=LV

on

I went to the travel agent and he gave me a good deal on one acre lots on Mars:

https://www.moonestates.com/product/buy-land-on-mars/

He told me that you have to BYOO: Bring your Own Oxygen!

Nothing like picking blueberries and rasberries for the year. Atleast getting them before the birds do! Strawberry picking is tougher though because you have to crawl on your hands and knees. There were no strawberries this year in NY because of the lacking of April Showers! ๐Ÿ™ My freezer got packed to the wall just on berries.

The summer squash this year somehow got humongous! It is bigger than your forearm! How on earth did that happen? I must have the Green Thumb! YAY!

Have a FRUITful Day!

PrincetonianStud

• posted by Izzy
    on

The only things I can successfully grow are weeds and chilli’s! even my herb’s on the windowsill have died ๐Ÿ™ We had plenty rain here though lol

Well this morning I got into the loft and managed to make 7 key rings. I wanted to make 10 but made a few mistakes, but still 7 is good. Once I get to 10 I will try to sell them ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m caught up with our laundry (all except my daughters) and got a few of my little jobs done. I made soup too. About to make some fish for dinner.

• posted by Izzy
    on

ooh and almost forgot three bonuses for today. We all have big bath sheets we use for showers but as I was behind with the laundry I had to make do this morning with a normal sized bath towel… it’s big enough now to wrap around me ๐Ÿ™‚

aaand i tried on an old jacket earlier and found it fits, it’s a lightweight black rain jacket and it is great for right now when it’s not cold but raining a lot. It’s a size 10 jacket but I remember it being oversized so more like a 12-14. Third bonus was I checked the pockets before chucking it in the washing machine and found ยฃ10! I think it’s at least 8 years since it last fitted so a long time that ยฃ10 has been hiding. I think it could be time to have another rummage and try on the clothes pile.

on

OMG! Now you can tell your kids that it pays to do chores around the house! ๐Ÿ˜‰ No such luck in this Nintendo age!

I seem to have the same problem with everyone else that is a couch potato:

Sitting down for the last 3-4 hours before sleep watching TV. While staring at this flat TV, I get the munchies when not hungry.

How on earth do we as humans stop grazing like a sheep or goat?

OMG! I said human! I can’t say that nor forefathers or mankind at Princeton University now! LOL I guess I am now the LSEStud (London School of Economics).

http://nj1015.com/words-you-cant-use-at-princeton-mankind-manpower-forefathers-even-freshman/

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Loved your three bonuses, Izzy. Made me laugh out loud ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hello my lovelies ๐Ÿ™‚

Yesterday was busy and I did eat a couple of non BSD things but not much.

Drove the 65 miles to my parents house and then between me, my daughter and niece we emptied my parents loft. It wasn’t actually too bad as they had a big clearout a few years ago it actually only took about an hour or so. Then I took down some light fittings for them as well.

My Dad had a bit of a train collection so we’ve come home with a train set for each child among other things… I’ve taken some old tools he doesn’t use. I had on my amazon wish list a soldering iron for craft in the future, I found a couple in my Dad’s stash so I’ve snaffled them. He doesn’t use any of these things anymore and is happy for them to go to any of us. So more stuff for my Den and scratch that off my wishlist lol.

Hubby cooked us spag bol last night and I taught him how to cook us courgetti ๐Ÿ™‚

He was talking about regulating his carbs a bit more as well and having them when he trains, he doesn’t need to lose any weight but is always interested in his nutrition.

Today I made a batch of almond flour pancakes and ate those with some raspberries. I’m trying a batch of nut brittle (Elana’s pantry recipe) making it with wallnuts instead of pecans just because we have more of those spare. Will see how it turns out.

on

Naughty! Naughty! You eating high carb foods last night! I guess You are going to the moon! ๐Ÿ™‚ For that sin, you get to drink THE UNIQUE SODA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=verzNYAOQ7s

I had a wild time this weekend at Opera House and visiting Philadelphia Philharmonic. Today I am going crazy like the Mad Hatter:

I have 2 mega pots cooking today:

one is for beef stew

one is for chicken soup

The chicken soup should be done by now. It was 3 hours. One only needs to cook it for 2 hours, but I like more flavor from the bones. I guess I am bad to the bones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NkfY4F-jvY

B B B B BAD! ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Izzy
    on

Yay I’m going to the mooooon!

I made soup tonight as well – lentil my fav yum.

My walnut brittle turned out pretty good as well, not quite as good as pecans but still good.

I’ve now got 15 key rings ready to sell and I’ve made a little triangular pouch which was just a practise but turned out nicely so I’ve given that to my daughter.

I’m just messing about with ideas and combinations really but I’m recognising that what I need to do from a productive time perspective is to decide I’m making a number of something – say 10 key rings, and make them all the same, or at least the same colour to minimise changing threads on the machine etc.

We had hunters chicken for dinner, I do love that so yummy. I kept the chilli level low tonight and gave it to my son – he demolished his as well.

Tomorrow night I’ll be signing up for a proper paypal account to receive payments and then … I need to list those keyrings somewhere. Still haven’t quite decided where though lol.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

How about on ebay IZZY? I wd love to see yr stuff on there and get some gift ideas! X

on

Nothing beats a good bowl of Chicken Soup For The Soul! ๐Ÿ™‚ The rest went to take a chill…or freeze in the freezer!

http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/7966-weird-etsy-shops.html

A good article on what kind of arts and crafts go on sale on ETSY! Ray Donovan is over. I might as well watch the end of the Olympics Closing Ceremony! Tokyo Next Time!

Sianara!

PrincetonianStud

• posted by Izzy
    on

Yowzer, funny you should say that but last night as I was trying to go to sleep I decided that I would start with ebay ๐Ÿ™‚ Here is the link to my Blog, you can see what I’ve been doing in there ๐Ÿ™‚

http://dragonflydreamseeker.blogspot.co.uk/

I say trying to sleep because I think I had about 2 hours sleep in the end last night grrr. I was very wakeful and fidgetty ALL night. I did have a nice sleep in yesterday morning though and I actually feel fine today despite the lack of sleepage.

Mr Stud I’m having some of my soup for lunch and the rest of mine is chilling as well! Soup is such an easy thing to make and store. I had a look at that Etsy article, lolled at the origami one! I think I will build up a bit of stock and try all of the options. I’ll start with ebay tonight, then I will add in Folksy, and then Etsy. I’ll skip Amazon I think as their listing fees are much higher.

Well back to BSD business!

Breakfast today was greek yoghurt and strawberries. Lunch will be lentil soup and dinner will be something chickenny, not sure what yet.

Have a great day BSD-ers ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.