Insomnia

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucyja
    on

Am in second week of BSD and all going well to be fair -main problem is I’m not sleeping well, waking up a lot more than usual and struggling to get back to sleep. Has anyone else had this problem and did it resolve ?? Any advice?? Thanks

• posted by Just do it
    on

Hi Lucyja, I had exactly the same in the first couple of weeks and am experiencing it again now as I’ve just restarted after a two week lapse. For me it’s because of how active my mind is, almost as if it’s buzzing, when I’m on the BSD, which is great during the day when can I get loads done but bad at night when I want to sleep. I found the insomnia gradually disappeared around the third week.

• posted by Frog
    on

Initially I was sleeping a lot better, but the last few days I really increased the volume I was drinking, and kept waking up needing the loo – I must try and drink huge volumes in the day, rather than late evening!

• posted by Nonkynoo
    on

I’ve had to introduce a small bowl of porridge in the evening. Our bodies (some people more than others) need a certain amount of carbs to process serotonin and melanin into tryptophan, our sleepy hormone. Hope this helps X

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Just a suggestion –

I have podcasts of radio programmes (mostly BBC Radio 4 things like Natural History, Science, Medicine etc) which I play when walking or gardening, on my iPhone.

At night I have my phone under my pillow with the volume turned down to 1, so very quiet (inaudible to OH). I set the timer to 90 minutes, but quite honestly drop off in about 2 minutes. It seems the more interesting the programme, the quicker I drop off !

If that doesn’t work for you there are a number of Sleep apps which play you “white noise ” sounds, like rain on a window, the sea, a crackling fire etc. That also works for me.

I think it is relaxing for me to know that these things will put me to sleep and so I don’t worry about dropping off.

Hope that helps! 🙂

• posted by Weissdorn
    on

I found that eating at 8-9 pm helps to fall asleep (if you go to bed right after eating), but since I’m new, too – I still wake up in the middle of the night. In my case it’s because my body mysteriously heats up to the point of sweating. Goes away after a while, and I can go back to sleep, but it happens about 3-4 times a night.

Please log in or register to post a reply.