Increasing calorie intake from 800 to 1600

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Timea
    on

Dear All and Dr Mosley,

I have just recently bought your book about 8-week BSD and considering to start the diet in a few weeks time. You mentioned in the book that the daily calorie intake should be 800 calories. What would be the recommended calorie intake for a physically active person who trains 6 days a week (cycling to work 20km, does Crossfit style work – out / day)? If I eat only 800cal / day and would be doing the same exercise regime , I would burn off everything or even more after workout. How would I able to build up muscles by not increasing the calorie intake? Would my body fat level drop below 20%? Our body burns calories even when it is resting.

Overall I would like to know that following your eating advice but doubling the calorie intake, I would able to achieve similar results. I am only worried that if I do not double my calorie intake I will not able to lift any heavy weight not even a 16kg kettlebell.
    Thank you very much for reading my post and looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
    Timea

Please log in or register to post a reply.