I started the BSD yesterday!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Hi Everyone,

I started the 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet yesterday!
    As Princess wrote, “. . .and I lived to tell about it”.

I lost about 35 lbs. five years ago, and lately I’ve been seeing the scale rise so I want to get the weight back down and go down further this time around. I read about this diet through a google search. What really interested me the most was the possibility of improving my blood sugar. I had gestational diabetes many years ago and know that because of this, my chances are so much higher of getting Type 2 Diabetes. So far, I’ve managed to not develop the disease, but as I get older, I know it’s a real possibility. I’ve definitely been in the pre-diabetes stage for quite a while.

It is great to read your posts and the support is going to be so good for me while I get through the next 8 weeks.
    I’m looking forward to getting to you know you better through your messages and I sincerely appreciate your support.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Welcome jmarie41 to this forum. You will find the support here is phenomenal. I couldn’t have stuck to the BSD without it.

The BSD will certainly improve your blood sugar levels. Are you doing the fast 800?

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Thank you KrysiaD for your welcome!
    Yes!!! :–) I am doing the fast 800.

Right now, I’m in my office having spring greens with a little red onion, 5 sliced cherry tomatoes, a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar and a teaspoon of Olive Oil. I’m also eating 70 calories of meat.

I had coffee and 2 boiled eggs for breakfast. A few hours later, I also had a morning snack of FAGE plain yogurt. For dinner, I plan to eat chicken and steamed vegetables.

I get up in the morning at 3:45 am, commute to work, and then start to work at 6 am. It makes for a long day!
    Today I plan to grocery shop on the way home from work, followed by 30 minutes of aerobics and a weight training workout.

I am so glad to have found the forum! I know it’s really going to help me get through this. The reward will be so worth it!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

You are so organised and actually that is so important. You have such an early start and such a long day. I work every evening and several mornings so can be away from home from 9am to 10pm and have to take all my food for the day with me.

Your food sounds delicious and absolutely perfect for the BSD. I don’t follow the recipes but tend to have eggs for breakfast then salads or vegetables with meat or cheese. Am aiming to add more fish to my menus because I am not eating enough. Am envious that you can get fage yoghurt – I can’t get it anywhere here.

Please log in or register to post a reply.